Chamrajanagar Institute of Medical Sciences Karnataka is a government medical college located in Chamrajanagar, Karnataka, India. The institute was founded in 2016 and aims to produce competent and compassionate medical professionals who are committed to the promotion of health and the prevention and treatment of disease. The college is affiliated with Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Karnataka, and has received recognition from the National Medical Commission.
The Chamrajanagar Institute of Medical Sciences offers undergraduate (MBBS) and postgraduate (MD/MS) programs in various medical disciplines. The MBBS program is of 5.5 years duration, including one year of compulsory internship, and the MD/MS programs are of 3 years duration.
The campus of Chamrajanagar Institute of Medical Sciences is spread over an area of 45 acres and houses a state-of-the-art infrastructure, including a library, lecture halls, laboratories, examination halls, and a hospital. The hospital is equipped with modern medical facilities and has a capacity of 500 beds.
The institute has a strong focus on community outreach and conducts various health camps and medical programs in the surrounding areas to promote healthcare awareness and education. It also has a strong anti-ragging policy and takes strict action against any incidents of ragging.
|Name of Institute||Chamrajanagar Institute of Medical Sciences Karnataka|
|Popular Name||CIMS, Karnataka|
|Year of Establishment||2016|
|Affiliated to||Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Karnataka|
|Approved by||National Medical Commission|
|Counselling conducting authority||Karnataka Education Authority (KEA)|
|Hostel Facilities||Yes (Male and Female)|
|Entrance Exam for UG courses||NEET UG Exam|
|Course||MBBS and MD/MS|
|Category||Medical Colleges in Karnataka|
|Contact||Address: Sy. No. 124, Yedapura Village, Kasaba Hobli, Chamarajanagara-571313 (Karnataka) Chamarajanagar|
Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
Admission Helpline Number : 9667542500
Affiliation, Recognition, and Aid Status
- Affiliated with: Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Karnataka
- Approved by: National Medical Commission
- Aid Status: Government
Facilities and Infrastructure
Chamrajanagar Institute of Medical Sciences also places a great emphasis on community outreach, hosting a variety of health camps and medical programs in the neighboring communities to raise healthcare awareness and knowledge. The institute also has a severe anti-ragging policy and prosecutes any instances of ragging. Here are some of the facilities available at the institute:
- Infrastructure: The institute has a modern and well-equipped infrastructure, including lecture halls, laboratories, examination halls, a library, and a hospital. The hospital is equipped with advanced medical facilities and has a capacity of 500 beds.
- Hostel: Chamrajanagar Institute of Medical Sciences has separate hostels for boys and girls that provide comfortable and safe accommodation to its students. The hostels are equipped with basic amenities, including food, water, electricity, and internet connectivity.
- Library: The institute has a well-stocked library that provides access to a wide range of books, journals, and research papers. The library is equipped with digital resources, including online journals and databases.
- Medical Facility: The institute has a medical facility that provides basic medical services to its students and staff. The facility is equipped with necessary medical equipment and has a team of qualified medical professionals.
- Cafeteria: The institute has a cafeteria that provides hygienic and nutritious food to its students and staff. The cafeteria offers a variety of food options at affordable prices.
- Forensic Medicine
- Community Medicine
- General Medicine
- Dermatology, Venereology, and Leprosy
- General Surgery
- ENT (Ear, Nose, and Throat)
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
Faculty and Staff
Members of the teaching and staff teams are highly qualified and committed to providing high-quality education and healthcare services to students and the community. They collaborate to develop academic success, critical thinking, and ethical conduct by creating an engaging and supportive learning environment.These are some of the prominent professors and staff members:
- Director: The institute is overseen by a Director, who is in charge of directing all academic and administrative operations at the institute.
- Professors & Assistant Professors: The faculty team is made up of seasoned professors and assistant professors who are subject matter experts in their respective professions. They give lectures, lead practical sessions, and assist students with their research and academic projects.
- Non-Teaching Personnel: The institute has a specialised team of non-teaching staff that help the academic and administrative activities of the institute. Administrative, technical, and support personnel are among them.
- Clinical Staff: The institution employs a team of clinical personnel, which includes physicians, nurses, and paramedics who offer healthcare services to hospitalised patients
- Research Staff: The institute has a research team that is active in a variety of research initiatives and cooperation with other universities. They mentor students in their research projects and help to create new therapies and technology.
Courses Offered and Intake Capacity
For Undergraduate Courses
|MBBS||4 and ½ years + 1 Year Internship||150|
For Postgraduate course
|MS – Orthopaedics||3 years||3|
|MD – Pathology||3 years||2|
|MS – General Surgery||3 years||4|
|MD – Community Medicine||3 years||4|
|MD – Anaesthesiology||3 years||3|
|MS – Otorhinolaryngology||3 years||1|
|MD – Bio-Chemistry||3 years||2|
|MD/MS – Ophthalmology||3 years||4|
|Subjects||Compulsory time duration for Internship|
|Community Medicine||Two months|
|Medicine, including 15 days of Psychiatry||Two months|
|Surgery, including 15 days of Anaesthesia||Two months|
|Obstet./Gynae. including Family Welfare Planning||Two months|
|Orthopedics including PMR||15 days|
|Elective posting||15 days|
MBBS Course Syllabus
|Name||Pre Clinical||Para Clinical||Clinical|
|Semester||Semester 1 – 2||Semester 3 – 5||Semester 6 – 9|
|Subjects||Biochemistry||Community Medicine||Community medicine and allied subjects (Psychiatry, Dermatology)|
|Anatomy||Forensic Medicine||Obstetrics and Gynecology|
|—||Pathology||Surgery and allied subjects|
For UG courses
|For AIQ Quota||Rs. 77,000/-|
|For State Quota||Rs. 59,850/-|
For PG Course
|Broad Specilites||Fees (Annual)|
|Clinical||Rs. 1,30,950 /-|
NOTE: The above-shared fees can vary from the actual fees and are subject to change. To know the exact fee structure, candidates can connect with a counseling expert at the Admission Helpline No. 9667542500.
Karnataka NEET Counselling 2023
Step 1: Online Registration
- Begin the registration process by accessing the website http://kea.kar.nic.in.
- Select “UGNEET-2023 Online Registration” to enter your details online.
Step 2: User Login
- Log in using your USER ID and Password.
- Enter your details step by step, ensuring accuracy and completeness.
Step 3: Upload Documents
- Upload scanned copies of the following documents separately in JPG/JPEG format:
- Recent passport-sized color photograph
- Left-hand thumb impression
Step 4: Draft Print and Verification
Before selecting the declaration, take a draft print of your application form.
- Carefully check and verify all the entered information for accuracy.
- Make any necessary changes if required.
- If all details are correct, select the declaration.
Step 5: Payment
- Proceed to pay the required fees following the payment gateway procedures provided.
Step 6: Application Form Printout
- After successful payment, take a printout of the application form on A-4 size paper.
- This printed copy should be produced during document verification.
|(for Karnataka SC/ST/Cat-1/PWD/GM/2A/2B/3A/3B candidates)||Rs. 500/-|
|Non-Karnataka candidates||Rs. 2,500/-|
|(for NRI Ward/NRI/OCI/PIO/Foreign Nationals candidates)||Rs. 5,500/-|
Step 1: Online Registration
- Visit the website kea.kar.nic.in.
- Select “UGNEET-2023 Online Registration.”
- Use your USER ID and Password to log in.
- Enter your details accurately.
- Upload a recent passport-size color photograph, signature, and left-hand thumb impression in JPG/JPEG format.
- Before confirming, review your application and make necessary changes.
- If everything is correct, select the declaration.
- Follow the provided payment gateway procedures to pay the fees.
- Print the application form on A-4 size paper.
- This printed copy is required for document verification.
Step 2: Document Verification
- Candidates who haven’t verified their documents must register online and complete this process.
- If you’ve already verified your documents for UGCET-2023 and don’t require additional reservations, you don’t need to verify again for Medical/Dental/AYURVEDA/UNANI/HOMEOPATHY courses. Just download the UGNEET-2023 Verification slip.
- If you’re eligible for additional reservations, ensure you claim them during online application and verify with relevant certificates.
Step 3: Course and College Choices
- Enter your course and college choices online based on seat availability.
- You can enter as many options as you want but prioritize them carefully.
- After entering options, a mock allotment will be done. It’s indicative and helps you revise your choices.
Step 4: Mock Allotment
- Review the results of the mock allotment, which shows where you might be allocated based on your preferences.
- Consider changing or retaining the entered options based on the mock allotment results.
Step 5: Finalize Options
- Verify your allotted seat status on the KEA website and modify options if needed.
- Continue to update your options until the last date for real allotment.
Step 6: Allotment Process
The allotment of seats will be conducted in two rounds, with each round having three phases.
First Round of Seat Allotment:
- Allotment is based on merit and priority of options entered by candidates.
- Special Category seats (Persons with disability, NCC, Sports Category) are allotted first.
- Seats are allocated according to the reservation policy.
- General Merit candidates are considered only in the General Merit quota, following the rank list.
- Reserved Kannada Medium and Rural Category candidates may also be allotted in their respective categories.
- Hyderabad-Karnataka reservation is considered.
- Special Category candidates like Defense, Ex-defense, CAPF, Ex-CAPF are allotted based on ranks and available seats.
- The first phase of allotment may involve multiple iterations until seats are filled or ranks exhausted.
Second Round of Allotment:
- Seats are allotted in the same manner as the first round.
- Unfilled seats in Rural and Kannada medium quota of reserved categories are converted to General category and offered to reserved category candidates.
- Only reserved category candidates are considered in this phase, and GM candidates are not.
- Consequential vacancies are considered.
Third Round of Allotment:
- Seats are allocated in the same order as previous rounds.
- Unfilled seats in various reserved General categories are converted to General Merit and offered to GM candidates.
- Consequential Rural and Kannada medium reserved category seats are considered.
- The order of seat allotment remains the same, and the process continues until no changes occur.
Step 7: Reporting to Colleges
- After the seat allotment in the final round, candidates who have been allotted seats need to report to the respective colleges they’ve been allocated.
The reporting process involves the following:
Step 8: Document Verification:
- Candidates must carry all necessary documents for verification, including educational certificates, identification, and allotment-related documents.
- The college authorities will verify your documents to ensure eligibility and compliance with admission criteria.
Step 9: Payment of Fees:
- Candidates are required to pay the prescribed fees as per the college’s fee structure.
- Ensure you understand the payment schedule and deadlines to avoid any issues.
Step 10: Confirmation of Admission:
- Once the documents are verified, and fees are paid, the college will confirm your admission.
- You may receive an admission letter or receipt as proof of your admission status.
Step 11: Seat Confirmation and Vacant Seats:
- If any candidates do not report to the allocated colleges within the specified timeframe, their seats may be considered vacant.
- SSLC/10th standard mark Sheet
- 2nd PUC/12th standard mark Sheet
- Final print out of online application form
- Original copy of chalan for having paid the registration fees
- NEET admission ticket
- Study certificate issued by school
- NEET Rank letter
- Two recent passport size photogrraphs
- Migration Certificate (Those who are studied under other than PU Board, Karnataka)
- Eligibility Certificate (Those who are studied under other than PU Board, Karnataka)
- Adhaar Card
MCC Counseling Registration
|1||Visit MCC Official Website||Go to the official MCC Counselling 2023|
|2||Find the Registration Link||Locate and click on the “Registration” or “New Registration” link on the homepage.|
|3||Read the Instructions||Carefully read and understand the provided instructions, guidelines, and eligibility criteria.|
|4||Fill in Personal Details||Enter accurate personal information: full name, date of birth, gender, contact number, email, etc.|
|5||NEET UG Details||Provide NEET UG exam details: roll number, application number, and exam year.|
|6||Generate Login Credentials||Create a unique username and strong password for future access to the counseling portal.|
|7||Payment of Registration Fee||Pay the prescribed fee using available online payment options. Follow provided payment instructions.|
|8||Verify and Submit||Review entered information, make corrections if needed, and submit the registration form.|
|9||Confirmation and Printout||Receive a confirmation message/email upon successful submission. Print or save as PDF for records.|
|10||Keep Registration Details Secure||Safely store registration number, login credentials, and payment receipt for future reference.|
|15% AIQ/Central Universities||Rs. 1,000||Rs. 500|
|Deemed University||Rs. 5,000||Rs. 5,000|
Security Fee (Refundable)
|15% AIQ/Central Universities||Rs. 1,0000||Rs. 5,000|
|Deemed University||Rs. 2,00,000||Rs. 2,00,000|
MCC Counselling Process
MCC will be the conducting the counselling process for admission to Medical, Dental Colleges and Nursing Colleges for the AIQ, Central Institutes, University, AIMS, JIPMER , Deemed universities, AMU, BHU and etc. The Counselling will be held in Four Rounds Namely Round 1, Round 2, Round 3 and additional Round known as Stray vacancy round which will be the last round for the counselling and admission. Here’re are some details about each round given below:
- Register for Main Counseling: Visit www.mcc.nic.in and register for Round-1 by paying a Non-Refundable Registration fee and Refundable Security Deposit.
- Choice Filling and Locking: Choose your preferred institutes and courses during the specified days and lock your choices.
- Seat Allotment Round-1: Based on your choices and merit, seats will be allotted in Round-1.
- Result Publication: The Round-1 result will be published on the MCC website.
- Upload Essential Certificates: After the result is declared, upload the necessary certificates as per the guidelines.
- Physical Reporting: If allotted a seat, physically report to the allocated Medical/Dental College with original documents. Those who want to upgrade to Round-2 must report with their original documents.
- Candidates Not Allotted in Round-1: If you weren’t allotted a seat in Round-1, no need to register again. You will automatically be considered for Round-2.
- Fresh Registration for Round-2: New candidates or those who didn’t register in Round-1 must register for Round-2 by paying the fees.
- Choice Filling and Locking: Fill new choices and lock them during the specified period.
- Seat Allotment Round-2: Seats will be allotted based on your choices and merit.
- Result Publication: The Round-2 result will be published on the MCC website.
- Upload Essential Certificates: After the Round-2 result is declared, upload the necessary certificates as per the guidelines.
- Physical Reporting: If allotted a seat in Round-2, physically report to the allocated Medical/Dental College. Upgraded candidates must take relieving from Round-1 seat and join Round-2 seat.
- Candidates Not Allotted in Previous Rounds: If you were not allotted a seat in Round-1 or Round-2, no need to register again. You will be considered for Round-3.
- Fresh Registration for Round-3: New candidates or those who didn’t register in Round-1 or Round-2 must register for Round-3 by paying the fees.
- Choice Filling and Locking: Fill new choices and lock them during the specified period.
- Seat Allotment Round-3: Seats will be allotted based on your choices and merit.
- Result Publication: The Round-3 result will be published on the MCC website.
- Upload Essential Certificates: After the Round-3 result is declared, upload the necessary certificates as per the guidelines.
- Physical Reporting: If allotted a seat in Round-3, physically report to the allocated Medical/Dental College.
FINAL STRAY VACANCY ROUND:
- Fresh Registrations: Candidates must register for the Final Stray Vacancy Round.
- Elimination: Candidates with allotted seats in other rounds will be eliminated from the Stray Vacancy Round.
- Stray Vacancy Round: The AIQ Stray Vacancy Round for vacant seats will be conducted online by MCC of DGHS, MoHFW.
- Seat Allotment: Seats will be allotted based on merit in the Stray Vacancy Round.
- Joining Allotted Seat: If allotted a seat in the Stray Round, the candidate must join the allocated seat/college. Failure to join will result in debarment from NEET examination for 01 year and forfeiture of fees.
(Note: Candidates can participate in Round-2 or Round-3 directly without fresh registration if they are not allotted a seat in the previous round. Upgraded candidates cannot claim their previous round seat.)
|Qualify Exam||NEET conducted By NTA|
|Nationality||Applicants must be Indian citizens. NRI candidates with Indian passports are also eligible to apply. Under the NRI Category, overseas citizens of India (OCI) and Persons of Indian origin (PIO) are eligible to apply.|
|Age Limit||17 years old (as of December 31). The upper age limit for General category candidates is 25 years, while for SC/ST/OBC candidates, it is 30 years.|
|Qualification||Candidates must have passed the 10+2 or equivalent examination with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology, and English as compulsory subjects.|
|Qualifying Marks||They must have obtained a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate (for General category candidates) and 40% marks in aggregate (for SC/ST/OBC candidates) in the qualifying examination.|
NEET UG Cut Off 2023
|Category||Qualifying criteria||NEET Cutoff 2022||NEET Cutoff 2023|
|UR / EWS & PH||45th Percentile||116-105||136-121|
|OBC & PH||40th Percentile||104-93||120-107|
|SC & PH||40th Percentile||104-93||120-107|
|ST & PH||40th Percentile||104-93||120-108|
Eligibility Criteria For Post-Graduate courses
|Entrance Exam:||NEET PG Exam|
|Age||No age restrictions|
|Internship||Mandatory experience of 1-year internship after MBBS course|
|Qualification||Candidates must have an MBBS degree from a recognized educational institute or Equivalent Graduate degree. Candidates must have secured a minimum of 50% aggregate marks to sit for the Exam PG exam, qualifying via which they will get admission to PG courses|
NEET PG Cut-Off 2023
|Categories||Cut off percentile 2023||Cutoff marks 2023|
Chamrajanagar Institute of Medical Sciences, Karnataka Cut-Off 2022 (State Quota)
|Rounds||Round 1||Round 2|
|Category||All India Rank||Marks||All India Rank||Marks|
Chamrajanagar Institute of Medical Sciences, Karnataka Cut-Off 2022 (AIQ Quota)
|Rounds||First Round||Second Round||Mop-Up Round||Stray Vacancy-1||Stray Vacancy-1|
Chamrajanagar Institute of Medical Sciences, Karnataka
- Address: Sy. No. 124, Yedapura Village, Kasaba Hobli, Chamarajanagara-571313 (Karnataka) Chamarajanagar
- Email ID: email@example.com
- Admission Helpline Number : 9667542500
- Website: https://cimscrnagara.karnataka.gov.in/
Ranking & Reputation
|Name of Institute||Chamrajanagar Institute of Medical Sciences, Karnataka|
NEET College Predictors
We understand the significance of choosing the right medical college for your bright future. Our website offers a variety of college predictors to ensure that you make informed decisions during the NEET counseling process.
With our NEET Score Predictor, input your NEET score, and instantly receive a personalized list of colleges where you have a higher chance of getting admitted. Our state-wise and category-based predictors further refine your options based on your preferences, giving you accurate and tailored results. we have offered you the top-of-the-class college predictors here’s the list of the college predictor for you;
- MBBS College Predictors
- BDS College Predictors
NEET Rank Predictors
NEET Rank Predictors are innovative tools designed to assist medical aspirants in estimating their All India Rank (AIR) in the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET). As one of the most competitive medical entrance exams in India, NEET plays a pivotal role in determining admission to undergraduate medical courses. NEET Rank Predictors empower students with insights into their performance, helping them set realistic goals and make informed decisions during the college selection process. Here’s the best ranks we’ve provided you with;
- MBBS Rank Predictors
- BDS Rank Predictors
Expert Admission Consultants
NEET Counselling takes pride in offering a team of highly experienced and dedicated Expert Admission Consultants who are committed to helping aspiring medical students achieve their dreams. Our consultants possess in-depth knowledge of the medical admission process and stay up-to-date with the latest developments in the field. They are well-versed in the intricacies of NEET counselling, medical college admissions, and various state-specific admission procedures. Here’s how our Expert Admission Consultants can help you with various counselling process
- MBBS Admission Consultant
- BDS Admission Consultant
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. What courses are offered at Chamrajanagar Institute of Medical Sciences?
A. Chamrajanagar Institute of Medical Sciences offers undergraduate courses in MBBS and postgraduate courses in MD in various specialties.
Q. Is Chamrajanagar Institute of Medical Sciences affiliated with any university?
A. Yes, Chamrajanagar Institute of Medical Sciences is affiliated with Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bangalore.
Q. Is the institute recognized by the National Medical Commission?
A. Yes, Chamrajanagar Institute of Medical Sciences is recognized by the National Medical Commission
Q. Does the institute have a hospital?
A. Yes, Chamrajanagar Institute of Medical Sciences has a 500-bed hospital that provides healthcare services to patients and practical training to medical students.
Q. Are there any scholarships available for students at the institute?
A. Yes, the institute offers various scholarships and financial assistance to meritorious and needy students. Students can apply for these scholarships through the institute’s scholarship portal.
Q. What is the admission process for MBBS and MD courses?
A. The admission process for MBBS and MD courses is conducted through the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET). Students who qualify in NEET can apply for admission to the institute through the Karnataka Examination Authority (KEA) counseling process.
Q. What is the student-faculty ratio at Chamrajanagar Institute of Medical Sciences?
A. The student-faculty ratio at Chamrajanagar Institute of Medical Sciences is around 10:1, which ensures personalized attention and guidance to the students.