Sri Muthukumaran Medical College, Chennai was established in 2010 with the goal of offering aspirant students from all over India an excellent medical education. A centre of excellence for medical education and research exists at the college. The college has received recognition from the National Medical Commission and is affiliated with the Tamil Nadu Dr. M.G.R. Medical University.
The college offers both undergraduate and graduate medical courses, such as MBBS, MD, and MS programmes. A faculty with extensive experience and dedication teaches the curriculum, which is created to meet the needs of today’s medical professionals.
The college places a significant emphasis on extracurricular activities as well. Numerous clubs and societies at the college host cultural events, sporting contests, and volunteer projects. Students’ personalities, leadership abilities, and sense of social responsibility are all developed through these activities.
|Name of Institute||Sri Muthukumaran Medical College,Chennai|
|Popular Name||Sri Muthukumaran Medical College|
|Year of Establishment||2010|
|Affiliated to||Tamil Nadu Dr. M.G.R. Medical University|
|Counselling Conducting Body||Directorate of Medical Education (DME), Tamil Nadu|
|Approved by||National Medical Commission, New Delhi|
|Hostel Facilities||Yes (Male and Female)|
|Entrance Exam for UG courses||NEET UG Exam|
|Entrance Exam for PG courses||NEET PG Exam|
|Course||UG-MBBS & PG MD/MS|
|Category||Medical Colleges in Tamil Nadu|
|Contact||Address: Kunrathur Rd, near Mangadu, Chikkarayapuram, Chennai, Tamil Nadu 600069 |
Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
Admission Helpline Number : 9667542500
Affiliation, Recognition & Aid Status
Affiliated with: Tamil Nadu Dr. M.G.R. Medical University
Approved by: National Medical Commission, New Delhi
Aid Status: Private
Sri Muthukumaran Medical College is equipped with modern infrastructure and advanced facilities that provide students with a conducive learning environment. Some of the facilities offered by the college include:
Modern classrooms: The college’s classrooms are spacious, air-conditioned, and furnished with modern teaching aids like projectors, screens, and whiteboards.
Laboratories: Students receive hands-on instruction in a variety of medical specialties, including anatomy, physiology, biochemistry, pathology, microbiology, pharmacology, and forensic medicine, in the college’s cutting-edge labs.
Library: There is a sizable collection of books, journals, and online resources in the college’s well-stocked library. Students have access to the most recent medical books and academic papers at the library.
Hospital: The college has a fully functional hospital with contemporary amenities that expose students to real-world situations. In addition to general medicine, the hospital has specialised divisions for orthopaedics, paediatrics, oncology, cardiology, and neurology.
Hostels: The college has separate residence halls for male and female students, offering them cosy quarters and a welcoming environment.
Sports and recreation: Sri Muthukumaran Medical College has a sports and recreation area where students can partake in a range of sporting events like basketball, volleyball, football, and cricket.
Cafeteria: The college has a large, clean cafeteria where a variety of wholesome and delectable foods are served.
Students at Sri Muthukumaran Medical College have access to a cutting-edge, well-equipped learning environment that supports both their academic and personal development. The college is committed to providing students with the best tools and facilities to aid them in achieving their academic and professional goals.
Faculty and Staff
- The faculty at Sri Muthukumaran Medical College is extremely knowledgeable and committed to giving students a well-rounded educational experience. The professors have extensive backgrounds in teaching and research and are leaders in their fields. They are devoted to supporting students as they pursue their academic and professional objectives through mentoring.
- The faculty-to-student ratio at the college is 1:5, which guarantees that each student receives individualised attention and guidance from their teachers. The participation of the faculty members in seminars, workshops, and conferences allows them to regularly update their knowledge and abilities.
- The dedicated support staff at Sri Muthukumaran Medical College includes administrative staff, technical staff, and hospital staff in addition to the teaching faculty. The support staff is in charge of ensuring the efficient operation of the hospital and college and of giving students a relaxing and secure learning environment.
Courses Offered and Intake Capacity
For Undergraduate Courses
|MBBS||4 and ½ years + 1 Year Internship||150|
For Postgraduate Courses
|MS – Ophthalmology||3 Years||1|
|MD – Psychiatry||3 Years||1|
|MD – Anaesthesiology||3 Years||4|
|MS – General Surgery||3 Years||11|
|MD – Community Medicine||3 Years||2|
|MS – ENT||3 Years||2|
|MS – Obstetrics & Gynaecology||3 Years||3|
|MD – General Medicine||3 Years||8|
|Subjects||Compulsory time duration for Internship|
|Community Medicine||Two months|
|Medicine, including 15 days of Psychiatry||Two months|
|Surgery, including 15 days of Anaesthesia||Two months|
|Obstet./Gynae. including Family Welfare Planning||Two months|
|Orthopedics including PMR||One month|
|Elective posting||15 days|
For UG course (MBBS)
|Name||Pre Clinical||Para Clinical||Clinical|
|Semester||Semester 1 – 2||Semester 3 – 5||Semester 6 – 9|
|Subjects||Biochemistry||Community Medicine||Community medicine and allied subjects (Psychiatry, Dermatology)|
|Anatomy||Forensic Medicine||Obstetrics and Gynecology|
|—||Pathology||Surgery and allied subjects|
For Under Graduate Courses
|Course||Fees (per annum)|
For Post Graduate Courses
|Course||Fees (per annum)|
|MD/MS||Will Notified Soon|
NOTE: The above-shared fees can vary from the actual fees and are subject to change. To know the exact fee structure, candidates can connect with a counseling expert at the Admission Helpline No. 9667542500
- The candidate should visit any of the Tamil Nadu Official websites www.tnhealth.tn.gov.in Or www.tnmedicalselection.org
- Candidates must submit their completed online application form by uploading the required information in the required fields.
- Changes to any details in the online Application will not be considered under any circumstances after submission.
- Applications that are incomplete will be rejected.
- Candidates should only submit one Application Form. A candidate’s application will be canceled if he or she submits more than one Application Form.
- Candidates must ensure that all information entered in the online application is correct before submitting the application form online.
- Candidates must submit a printout of their completed online application form (Hard Copy) along with any required enclosures.
- Service Candidates must submit a printout of their completed online application forms, as well as their Service particulars (duly certified by the Forwarding Authority with date and seal) and any necessary enclosures.
- After submitting the filled in online application, the candidates are instructed to download their filled in online application form for future reference.
Method of Payment for Fees:
i. Mode of payment using debit Card/Net or net banking: necessary facilities have been provided for paying through nationalized banks via bank payment portal while utilizing net banking.
ii. Candidates should be aware that a simple fee deduction from a bank account does not constitute proof of fee payment.
iii. Verify the debit card’s validity and bank balance before going on to the website to submit an application. The candidate needs to fill out the required information and pay with a debit card.
iv. It is preferable to maintain a bank account for the same because the security deposit will only be repaid to the account from which it was begun.
Choice Filling and Locking
- Applicants are required to submit their choices during this stage. Candidates should complete the selections while keeping their scores in mind because admission is based on merit, the NEET score and preferences presented during the counseling phase.
- Individuals can choose as many selections as you’d like while looking at the list of colleges on the screen.
- Enter your password after that, then click “Lock Choices.”
- Once a candidate’s choices have been locked, they cannot change them.
- After locking, users have the option to print a copy of the locked choices, which also contains the locking time and date, the IP address of the computer, and a randomly generated unique number.
The merit list will be compiled based on the results of the qualifying exam and the NEET exam. The Tamil Nadu NEET rank list will be posted on DME’s official website.
Counselling Reporting Schedule
On its official website, DME publishes the date sheet and cutoff for the first round of Tamil Nadu counseling. Candidates who meet the cut-off must report to the counseling location on the specified date and time. Such candidates must obtain their call letters from the DME’s official website. Aside from the call letter, candidates must bring the documents indicated below to the counseling location.
|Qualify Exam||NEET conducted By NTA|
|Nationality||Applicants must be Indian citizens.NRI candidates with Indian passports are also eligible to apply. Under the NRI category, overseas citizens of India (OCI) and persons of Indian origin (PIO) are eligible to apply.|
|Age Limit||17 years old (as of December 31). In addition, the candidate’s maximum age should be 25 years.|
|Qualification||The candidate must have a Class 12 credential or equivalent from a recognized board or institution. In addition, the qualifying test should include biology, chemistry, English, and physics as core subjects.A minimum of 50% is required for the general category, 40% for SC/ST, and 45% for physically disabled candidates.|
NEET UG Cut Off
|Category||Qualifying Marks||Percentile Criteria|
|General/EWS & PH Category||116-105||45th Percentile|
|SC/BC & PH Category||104-93||40th Percentile|
For Post-Graduate courses
|Entrance Exam:||NEET PG Exam|
|Age||No age restrictions|
|Internship||Mandatory experience of 1-year internship after MBBS course|
|Qualification||Candidates must have an MBBS degree from a recognized educational institute or Equivalent Graduate degreeCandidates must have secured a minimum of 50% aggregate marks to sit for the Exam PG exam, qualifying via which they will get admission to PG courses|
NEET PG Cut-Off
|Categories||Cut off percentile||Cutoff marks|
MBBS College Predictor
MBBS College Predictor is a tool or software that helps students predict which MBBS colleges they are likely to get admission in based on their NEET UG score, preferred location, and category. The predictor tool uses the previous year’s cut-off date, admission trends, and other relevant factors to generate a list of BDS colleges that match the student’s score and preferences.
The MBBS College Predictor tool helps students make informed decisions about their admission process by giving them an idea of the colleges they may get admission to. It also helps them plan their application process by shortlisting colleges based on their preferences and eligibility criteria.
MBBS Admission Consultant
A MBBS Admission Consultant is a professional who provides guidance and assistance to students seeking admission to MBBS (Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery) courses in India. Our consultant typically has extensive knowledge and experience in the field of medical education and can help students navigate the complex admissions process. Helping students choose the right colleges based on their academic record, career goals, and personal preferences.
Assisting students with the application process, including filling out application forms, writing personal statements, and gathering necessary documents. Our top admission consultants are committed to serving each individual with the utmost integrity around the clock. Feel free to contact our admission consultant for any admission-related queries.
Sri Muthukumaran Medical College,Chennai
- Address: Kunrathur Rd, near Mangadu, Chikkarayapuram, Chennai, Tamil Nadu 600069
- Admission Helpline no : 966754250
- Email ID: email@example.com
Ranking & Reputation
|Name of Institute||Sri Muthukumaran Medical College,Chennai|
- NEET-UG Admissions card and score card.
- Class X Mark Sheet
- Class XI Mark Sheet
- H.S.C. Mark sheet or any other equivalent exam.
- Transfer certificate
- Graduation Certificate (if required)
- Permanent Community Certificate Card.
- Income Certificate for the candidates claiming fee exemption.
- Nativity certificate and supporting documentation are required for applicants who have studied from Standard VI to Standard XII in a state other than Tamil Nadu.
- The candidate who is a Tamil Nadu native and has studied from VI to XII standard in Tamil Nadu schools should also present supporting documentation of the parent’s certificates.
- Special Category Form with an additional fee of Rs.100/- via Bank payment portal with relevant certificates for Persons with Benchmark Disabilities, Eminent Sports Person and Ex-Servicemen, as applicable, along with the online application form should be uploaded.
For PG Courses
- High School/Secondary School Certificate for date of birth
- Provisional Pass Certificate and Mark sheets of every year of MBBS
- Internship completion certificate
- Permanent/ Provisional Registration Certificate
- NEET PG admit card
- NEET PG Score card
- Domicile certificate
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What courses are offered by Sri Muthukumaran Medical College?
A: Sri Muthukumaran Medical College offers undergraduate courses in MBBS and postgraduate courses in various medical specialties such as Anatomy, Physiology, Biochemistry, Pharmacology, Pathology, Microbiology, and Community Medicine.
Q: Is Sri Muthukumaran Medical College affiliated with any university?
A: Yes, Sri Muthukumaran Medical College is affiliated with The Tamil Nadu Dr. M.G.R. Medical University, Chennai.
Q: What is the duration of the MBBS course at Sri Muthukumaran Medical College?
A: The MBBS course at Sri Muthukumaran Medical College is of a duration of 5.5 years, including one year of compulsory internship.
Q: Does the college have a hostel facility for students?
A: Yes, Sri Muthukumaran Medical College has separate hostels for male and female students with all necessary facilities.
Q: Does the college have an internship program?
A: Yes, the college provides a one-year internship program to its MBBS students.
Q: What is the faculty-student ratio at Sri Muthukumaran Medical College?
A: The faculty-student ratio at Sri Muthukumaran Medical College is 1:5.
Q: Does the college have a hospital facility?
A: Yes, Sri Muthukumaran Medical College has a well-equipped hospital with modern facilities that provides students with exposure to real-world scenarios.
Q: Is the college recognized by the National Medical Commission?
A: Yes, Sri Muthukumaran Medical College is recognized by theNational Medical Commission.
Q: Does the college offer any scholarships?
A: Yes, Sri Muthukumaran Medical College offers various scholarships to its deserving students based on merit and need.