ESIC Medical College Kolkata, also known Employees State Insurance Corporation Medical College, Kolkata, is an MCI recognised medical college established in 2013 under the aegis of the ESI Corporation, a centrally controlled autonomous body.
The College is commonly referred to as ESIC – PGIMSR Joka. ESI-PGIMSR Joka is well-known for its high-quality education and modern health-care services.
The National Medical Commission granted permission for 100 seats for this session to this college, which is affiliated with the West Bengal University of Health Sciences. The National Medical Commission now allows for 125 MBBS seats. Since 2013, the college has admitted students through the NEET AIQ (15%), State quota (35%), and IP quota (50%).
- 1 Quick Summary
- 2 Affiliation, Recognition & Status
- 3 Facilities
- 4 Faculty and Staff
- 5 Course Offered for UG Course
- 6 Course Offered for PG Course
- 7 MBBS Course Syllabus
- 8 MBBS Internship
- 9 MBBS Course Fee Structure
- 10 MD/MS Course Fee Structure
- 11 Eligibility Criteria for UG Course
- 12 NEET UG Cut Off
- 13 Eligibility Criteria for PG Courses
- 14 NEET PG Cut-Off 2023
- 15 ESIC Medical College Kolkata Cut-Off 2022 (AIQ Quota)
- 16 Counselling Fee
- 17 Documents Required for UG Courses
- 18 Ranking & Reputation
- 19 Contact Details
- 20 NEET College Predictors
- 21 NEET Rank Predictors
- 22 Expert Admission Consultants
- 23 FAQ
- 23.1 What is the official website for ESIC Medical College?
- 23.2 What distinguishes ESIC Medical College?
- 23.3 What is the NEET ESIC quota?
- 23.4 Is there an ESIC medical college bond?
- 23.5 How many seats are there for Medical aspirants at ESIC Medical College?
- 23.6 When was ESIC Medical College launched?
- 23.7 What are the admission requirements for medical programmes in ESIC Medical College?
|Name of Institute||ESIC Medical College Kolkata|
|Popular Name||ESI PGIMSR Joka, ESIC Medical College Kolkata|
|Year of Establishment||2013|
|Institute Categoty||ESIC Institute|
|Affiliated to||West Bengal University of Health Sciences Kolkata|
|Approved by||National Medical Commission (NMC)|
|Hostel Facilities||Yes (Male and Female)|
|Entrance Exam||NEET UG/ PG Exam|
|Course||MBBS & MD/ MS|
|Category||Medical Colleges in West Bengal|
|Contact||Address: Diamond Harbour Road, Joka Kolkata – 700104, West Bengal INDIA|
Admission Helpline Number : 9667542500
Affiliation, Recognition & Status
Affiliated with: West Bengal University of Health Sciences Kolkata
Approved by: National Medical Commission (NMC).
Aid Status: Government.
- Lecture Theaters
- Gymnasium facilities
- Guest house within campus
- Indoor playground for TT and other sports
Faculty and Staff
- ESIC Medical College and Hospital in Kolkata is supported by a dedicated team of faculty and staff. Our accomplished faculty, including professors, associate professors, and assistant professors, lead medical education, research, and clinical practice, while resident doctors receive training under their guidance. Nursing and paramedical staff provide essential patient care, and administrative and support staff ensure smooth operations. Research scholars and fellows contribute to scientific inquiry, and technical and laboratory staff maintain advanced equipment. Security personnel safeguard the premises, and allied healthcare professionals offer specialized services. Together, this cohesive team upholds our commitment to quality healthcare and medical education.
- Additionally, ESIC Medical College and Hospital benefits from a highly skilled administrative and support team. They manage admissions, finances, and logistics, contributing to institutional efficiency. Research scholars and technical staff facilitate cutting-edge research, while security personnel ensure a safe environment. This collaborative effort reinforces our dedication to providing exceptional healthcare and medical education.
Course Offered for UG Course
|MBBS||4 .6 years + 1 year compulsory internships||100|
Course Offered for PG Course
|MD – Anaesthesiology||3 years||5|
|MD – Paediatrics||3 years||2|
|MS – Otorhinolaryngology||3 years||1|
|MD – Community Medicine||3 years||1|
|MD – General Medicine||3 years||5|
|MS – Orthopaedics||3 years||3|
|MD – Pathology||3 years||4|
|MS – Obstetrics & Gynaecology||3 years||6|
MBBS Course Syllabus
|Name||Pre Clinical||Para Clinical||Clinical|
|Semester||Semester 1 – 2||Semester 3 – 5||Semester 6 – 9|
|Subjects||Biochemistry||Community Medicine||Community medicine and allied subjects (Psychiatry, Dermatology)|
|Anatomy||Forensic Medicine||Obstetrics and Gynecology|
|—||Pathology||Surgery and allied subjects|
|Subjects||Compulsory time duration for Internship|
|Community Medicine||Two months|
|Medicine, including 15 days of Psychiatry||Two months|
|Surgery, including 15 days of Anaesthesia||Two months|
|Obstet./Gynae. including Family Welfare Planning||Two months|
|Orthopedics including PMR||One month|
|Elective posting||15 days|
MBBS Course Fee Structure
|Tuition Fees||100000 /-|
MD/MS Course Fee Structure
NOTE: The above-shared fees can vary from the actual fees and are subject to change. To know the exact fee structure, candidates can connect with a counseling expert at the Admission Helpline No. 9667542500.
Eligibility Criteria for UG Course
|Qualify Exam||NEET conducted By NTA|
|Nationality||Applicants must be Indian citizens.NRI candidates with Indian passports are also eligible to apply. Under the NRI category, overseas citizens of India (OCI) and persons of Indian origin (PIO) are eligible to apply.|
|Age Limit||The Candidate must be 17 year old.|
|Qualification||The candidate must have a Class 12 credential or equivalent from a recognized board or institution. In addition, the qualifying test should include Biology, Chemistry, English, and physics as core subjects. A minimum of 50% is required for the general category, 40% for SC/ST, and 45% for physically disabled candidates.|
|Domicile||Certificate of residence/domicile for candidates who have lived in West Bengal for at least 10 years. For applicants who have lived in West Bengal for the past ten years and passed the state’s 10+2 exam in or before, a certificate of residence is required.Residence/Domicile Certificate for candidates who have not lived in West West Bengal for a continuous period of 10 years or more, but whose parents are permanent residents of West Bengal with a residence address in West Bengal and have lived in West Bengal for a continuous period of 10 years or more.|
NEET UG Cut Off
|Category||Qualifying criteria||NEET Cutoff 2022||NEET Cutoff 2023|
|UR / EWS & PH||45th Percentile||116-105||136-121|
|OBC & PH||40th Percentile||104-93||120-107|
|SC & PH||40th Percentile||104-93||120-107|
|ST & PH||40th Percentile||104-93||120-108|
Eligibility Criteria for PG Courses
|Entrance Exam:||NEET PG Exam|
|Age||No age restrictions|
|Internship||Mandatory experience of 1-year internship after MBBS course|
|Qualification||Candidates must have an MBBS degree from a recognized educational institute or an equivalent degree. Candidates must have secured a minimum of 50% aggregate marks to sit for the Exam PG exam, qualifying via which they will get admission to PG courses|
NEET PG Cut-Off 2023
|Categories||Cut off percentile 2023||Cutoff marks 2023|
ESIC Medical College Kolkata Cut-Off 2022 (AIQ Quota)
|Category||First Round||Second Round||Mop-Up Round||Stray – 1||Stray – 2|
MCC Counseling Registration
|1||Visit MCC Official Website||Go to the official MCC Counselling 2023|
|2||Find the Registration Link||Locate and click on the “Registration” or “New Registration” link on the homepage.|
|3||Read the Instructions||Carefully read and understand the provided instructions, guidelines, and eligibility criteria.|
|4||Fill in Personal Details||Enter accurate personal information: full name, date of birth, gender, contact number, email, etc.|
|5||NEET UG Details||Provide NEET UG exam details: roll number, application number, and exam year.|
|6||Generate Login Credentials||Create a unique username and strong password for future access to the counseling portal.|
|7||Payment of Registration Fee||Pay the prescribed fee using available online payment options. Follow provided payment instructions.|
|8||Verify and Submit||Review entered information, make corrections if needed, and submit the registration form.|
|9||Confirmation and Printout||Receive a confirmation message/email upon successful submission. Print or save as PDF for records.|
|10||Keep Registration Details Secure||Safely store registration number, login credentials, and payment receipt for future reference.|
|15% AIQ/Central Universities||Rs. 1,000||Rs. 500|
|Deemed University||Rs. 5,000||Rs. 5,000|
Security Fee (Refundable)
|15% AIQ/Central Universities||Rs. 1,0000||Rs. 5,000|
|Deemed University||Rs. 2,00,000||Rs. 2,00,000|
MCC Counselling Process
MCC will be the conducting the counselling process for admission to Medical, Dental Colleges and Nursing Colleges for the AIQ, Central Institues, University, AIMS, JIPMER , Deemed universities, AMU, BHU and etc. The Counselling will be held in Four Rounds Namely Round 1, Round 2, Round 3 and additional Round known as Stray vacancy round which will be the last round for the counselling and admission. Here’re are some details about each round given below:
- Register for Main Counseling: Visit www.mcc.nic.in and register for Round-1 by paying a Non-Refundable Registration fee and Refundable Security Deposit.
- Choice Filling and Locking: Choose your preferred institutes and courses during the specified days and lock your choices.
- Seat Allotment Round-1: Based on your choices and merit, seats will be allotted in Round-1.
- Result Publication: The Round-1 result will be published on the MCC website.
- Upload Essential Certificates: After the result is declared, upload the necessary certificates as per the guidelines.
- Physical Reporting: If allotted a seat, physically report to the allocated Medical/Dental College with original documents. Those who want to upgrade to Round-2 must report with their original documents.
- Candidates Not Allotted in Round-1: If you weren’t allotted a seat in Round-1, no need to register again. You will automatically be considered for Round-2.
- Fresh Registration for Round-2: New candidates or those who didn’t register in Round-1 must register for Round-2 by paying the fees.
- Choice Filling and Locking: Fill new choices and lock them during the specified period.
- Seat Allotment Round-2: Seats will be allotted based on your choices and merit.
- Result Publication: The Round-2 result will be published on the MCC website.
- Upload Essential Certificates: After the Round-2 result is declared, upload the necessary certificates as per the guidelines.
- Physical Reporting: If allotted a seat in Round-2, physically report to the allocated Medical/Dental College. Upgraded candidates must take relieving from Round-1 seat and join Round-2 seat.
- Candidates Not Allotted in Previous Rounds: If you were not allotted a seat in Round-1 or Round-2, no need to register again. You will be considered for Round-3.
- Fresh Registration for Round-3: New candidates or those who didn’t register in Round-1 or Round-2 must register for Round-3 by paying the fees.
- Choice Filling and Locking: Fill new choices and lock them during the specified period.
- Seat Allotment Round-3: Seats will be allotted based on your choices and merit.
- Result Publication: The Round-3 result will be published on the MCC website.
- Upload Essential Certificates: After the Round-3 result is declared, upload the necessary certificates as per the guidelines.
- Physical Reporting: If allotted a seat in Round-3, physically report to the allocated Medical/Dental College.
FINAL STRAY VACANCY ROUND:
- Fresh Registrations: Candidates must register for the Final Stray Vacancy Round.
- Elimination: Candidates with allotted seats in other rounds will be eliminated from the Stray Vacancy Round.
- Stray Vacancy Round: The AIQ Stray Vacancy Round for vacant seats will be conducted online by MCC of DGHS, MoHFW.
- Seat Allotment: Seats will be allotted based on merit in the Stray Vacancy Round.
- Joining Allotted Seat: If allotted a seat in the Stray Round, the candidate must join the allocated seat/college. Failure to join will result in debarment from NEET examination for 01 year and forfeiture of fees.
(Note: Candidates can participate in Round-2 or Round-3 directly without fresh registration if they are not allotted a seat in the previous round. Upgraded candidates cannot claim their previous round seat.)
Documents Required for UG Courses
- NEET-UG Admissions card and score card.
- Class X Mark Sheet
- Class XI Mark Sheet
- H.S.C. Mark sheet or any other equivalent exam.
- Transfer certificate
- Graduation Certificate (if required)
- Permanent Community Certificate Card.
- Income Certificate for the candidates claiming fee exemption.
- Special Category Form with an additional fee of Rs.100/- via Bank payment portal with relevant certificates for Persons with Benchmark Disabilities, Eminent sportspersons, and Ex-Servicemen, as applicable, along with the online application form should be uploaded.
Ranking & Reputation
|Name of Institute||ESI-PGIMSR Medical College & Hospital Joka|
ESIC Medical College Joka
- Address: Diamond Harbour Road, Joka Kolkata – 700104, West Bengal INDIA
- E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Admission Helpline Number : 9667542500
- Official Website: www.esic.nic.in
NEET College Predictors
We understand the significance of choosing the right medical college for your bright future. Our website offers a variety of college predictors to ensure that you make informed decisions during the NEET counseling process.
With our NEET Score Predictor, input your NEET score, and instantly receive a personalized list of colleges where you have a higher chance of getting admitted. Our state-wise and category-based predictors further refine your options based on your preferences, giving you accurate and tailored results. we have offered you the top-of-the-class college predictors here’s the list of the college predictor for you;
- MBBS College Predictors
- BDS College Predictors
NEET Rank Predictors
NEET Rank Predictors are innovative tools designed to assist medical aspirants in estimating their All India Rank (AIR) in the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET). As one of the most competitive medical entrance exams in India, NEET plays a pivotal role in determining admission to undergraduate medical courses. NEET Rank Predictors empower students with insights into their performance, helping them set realistic goals and make informed decisions during the college selection process. Here’s the best ranks we’ve provided you with;
- MBBS Rank Predictors
- BDS Rank Predictors
Expert Admission Consultants
NEET Counselling takes pride in offering a team of highly experienced and dedicated Expert Admission Consultants who are committed to helping aspiring medical students achieve their dreams. Our consultants possess in-depth knowledge of the medical admission process and stay up-to-date with the latest developments in the field. They are well-versed in the intricacies of NEET counselling, medical college admissions, and various state-specific admission procedures. Here’s how our Expert Admission Consultants can help you with various counselling process
- MBBS Admission Consultant
- BDS Admission Consultant
What is the official website for ESIC Medical College?
The official website for ESIC Medical College is www.esic.nic.in
What distinguishes ESIC Medical College?
The following are the distinctions between other government medical colleges and Esic medical colleges is that every ESIC medical college has a reservation for insured people (those who are covered by the Esic scheme). The hospital attached to the college is not open to the general public; it is only for insured people.
What is the NEET ESIC quota?
ESIC Quota is reserved medical admission for wards of people who have esic insurance. The government gives preference to the insured person’s wards for admission to MBBS programmes at ESIC-run medical colleges. The admission is available through the esic IP quota until 2020.
Is there an ESIC medical college bond?
All MBBS students must provide a bond to serve the ESI Corporation / ESI Scheme for a period of three years. The Bond format is available as Annexure -1.
How many seats are there for Medical aspirants at ESIC Medical College?
There are 100 seats available for MBBS students at ESIC Medical College.
When was ESIC Medical College launched?
ESIC Medical College was launched in the year of 2013.
What are the admission requirements for medical programmes in ESIC Medical College?
Students must perform well on the NEET exam in order to be admitted to the ESIC Medical College.