College of Medicine & JNM Hospital is a government medical college and tertiary referral hospital in Kalyani, West Bengal, affiliated with the 11th-ranked West Bengal University of Health Sciences (WBUHS) in Kolkata. The National Medical Commission recognises the college for MBBS and postgraduate medical degrees in selected subjects. Nursing and other paramedical courses are also available.
In 2009, the WBUHS established the College of Medicine and JNM Hospital in Kalyani, Nadia, under its ownership and administrative control.
The College and the Hospital are housed on the same 76.3-acre campus. Due to the high volume of patients, the hospital has 450 teaching beds and extra admissions in all departments.
The institution is 100 metres from Kalyani Shlipanchal Railway Station and 1.5 kilometres from Kalyani Railway Station.
Until now, each batch has consisted of 100 MBBS students, with 85 seats coming from WBUJEE and 15 from AIPMT. The West Bengal University of Health Sciences oversees the college and hospital. The college was founded in 2009 and became a member of the Medical Council of India in 2010. In August 2010, the first batch of 100 students arrived. Gandhi Memorial Hospital was added as a second campus to this institute in 2013.
Let us take a summarize facts about College of Medicine and JNM Hospital
|Name of Institute||College of Medicine and JNM Hospital|
|Year of Establishment||2010|
|Affiliated to||West Bengal University of Health Sciences Kolkata|
|Approved by||National Medical Commission (NMC)|
|Hostel Facilities||Yes (Male and Female)|
|Entrance Exam||NEET UG/ PG Exam|
|Course||MBBS, MD, MS, DNB|
|Category||Medical Colleges in West Bengal|
|Contact||Address: Block A, Post Office Kalyani, Near Silpanchal Station, Block A2, District Nadia, West Bengal 741235|
Email: email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org /
Admission Helpline Number : 9667542500
Affiliation and Recognition
Affiliated with: West Bengal University of Health Sciences Kolkata
Approved by: National Medical Commission (NMC).
Aid Status: Government
College of Medicine and JNM Hospital offers Medical course as:
|MBBS||4 .6 years + 1 year compulsory internships||125|
PG Course (MD/ MS) – 3 Years Duration.
|MD (Forensic Medicine)||1|
|Post doctoral degree (DNB)|
a) Age: The candidate must be 17 years old on or before December 31st of the year of admission.
b) Qualifying exam: 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and English individually with a minimum of 50% marks (40 percent for SC/ST and 45 percent for OBC Category) taken together in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology.
c) Entrance Test: NEET-U.G. (NATIONAL ELIGIBILITY CUM ENTRANCE TEST). Admission will be granted based on the results of the entrance examination.
Admission Criteria: All seats are assigned based on the results of the PG-NATIONAL ELIGIBILITY CUM ENTRANCE TEST. (PG-NEET)
The candidate must have completed an MBBS from a medical college affiliated with the University of Delhi, and completion of internship (12 months) on or before March 31st.
For general category candidates, a minimum of 50 percentile in NEET-PG is required, while for reserved category candidates, a minimum of 40 percentile is required.
Candidates for admission must fulfill all of the eligibility requirements outlined in the admission rules.
Admission to this institute is based entirely on merit and is determined by national-level competitive examinations. Previously, undergraduate admission was through WBJEE and AIPMT. NEET has been the sole entrance test for admission to undergraduate and postgraduate courses.
All India quota accounts for 15% of undergraduate seats, while state quota accounts for 85% of undergraduate seats.
Half of postgraduate seats are filled through all India quotas, with the remainder filled through state quotas.
As for UG courses, NEET-UG is an entrance exam that students must pass in order to be admitted to this college for MBBS.
For PG courses on the other hand, in order to be admitted to the MD, MS Courses at this College, students must first pass the NEET PG.
For UG – MBBS: Candidates can use their NEET UG Medical Scorecard to apply to colleges for UG admission.
- Candidates must apply for and take the NEET UG entrance exam, which is administered by the National Testing Agency (NTA).
- Students must go to the Health and Family Welfare Department’s official website and fill out the application form.
- Print the application form and fill out all of the required information.
- Submit the completed application form, along with the DD for the application fee and the required documents, to the Health and Family Welfare Department’s office.
For PG – MD/MS: Candidates seeking admission to MD/MS can apply to the college using their NEET MD/MS Medical Scorecard.
Admission to the post graduate courses is through NEET-PG conducted by the National Board of Examinations (NBE).
- Students must sign up for NEET PG registration.
- The applicants must then create a login profile and fill out all of the required personal and educational information.
- Students must provide a valid contact information, a signature, and copies of their photographs.
- The students must then select a test slot and schedule that works best for them.
- Finally, they must pay the applicable application fee online based on their category.
Given here is the fee structure of MBBS course at College of Medicine and JNM Hospital
Given here is the fee structure of PG courses at College of Medicine and JNM Hospital
The original documents in the possession of the College of Medicine & JNM Hospital, WBUHS, Kalyani will not be returned unless and until they pay a penalty of Rs.1,00,000/- (Rupees one lakh) only to the authority of the College of Medicine & JNM Hospital, WBUHS, Kalyani.
This bond is imposed because the W.B.M.C.C. (West Bengal Medical Counseling Committee), Department of Health and Family Welfare, Govt. of West Bengal, will make no further provision to allot another candidate for the same seat in the next round/s of counseling
NEET Counseling process
West Bengal Main Computerized Counseling will release the prospectus and schedule for MBBS state quota admission after the NEET 2023 results are released. Its website address is https://wbmcc.nic.in, and an online application form must be completed on the website. This allows for online first phase counseling, online second phase counseling, and offline mop up round counseling. Online counseling fees for the UR category are Rs. 2000/- and Rs. 1500/- for the SC/ST/OBC-A/OBC-B/PWD/EWS categories.
The first phase’s seat allocation is done online. If they acquire a seat allotment in the first round after filling out the form, they must go to college and enrol. It is possible to upgrade after taking admission on the first round’s allotted seat. To upgrade it, they must express their readiness to participate in the second round of admission.
Fresh registration is allowed a fresh in the second round. In this case, the first-round seat can also be upgraded. Seat allocation is also done online in the second round. In the second round, all registered candidates will have to make a new selection. If a candidate joined the seat in the second round of MCC, they is ineligible to compete in the third round. If they do not receive a seat allotment in this round, they will have to wait until the Mop Up round.
Mop up round
Candidates who did not register in the first and second rounds may register again in this round. Whoever’s candidate did not get a seat in the first or second round is eligible for this. If a candidate’s seat was not upgraded in the second round and they expressed a wish to participate in the Mop up round at the time of first round admission, they are eligible to participate in the Candidate Mop up round. If a candidate’s seat was upgraded in the second round and they expressed a wish to participate in the mop up round at the time of second round admission, they are eligible to participate in the candidate mop up round. Candidates who received a fresh allotment in the second round and expressed a willingness to participate in the Mop up round at the time of second round admission are eligible to participate in the Candidate Mop up round. Non-reported and seat surrendered candidates are ineligible to compete in the mop up round.
Stray Vacancy round
This round is held to fill vacant seats at private medical and dental colleges, with seats filled by the Concerned College. If candidate did not register for this college round the first time, they can do so now. On the day of counseling, the candidate must appear at any one college with College Fees, Bond Original Documents.
These documents must be sent/submitted in person to the college office, and the originals must be brought to the college along with the prescribed tuition fees for final approval for admission process.
For State Ouota
- Acknowledgement slip generated online after successful enrollment in pre- counseling.
- Domicile certificate (al, a2, b) or domicile certificate from e-district website
- Voter card/Aadhar card/Passport of parent/s in case of domicile certificate of parent is given showing addresses West Bengal (any 2 of the three ID cards)
- Caste certificate as applicable. ( issued in the State of West Bengal)
- NEET UG 2022 admit card.
- NEET UG 2022 Rank card.
- PwD certificate issued from IPGMER Kolkata as applicable
- Payment of counseling fees proof (generated online).
- Class 10+2 mark sheet for verification of marks and 10+2 certificate
- Medical Certificate ( from Registered Allopathic Medical Practitioner) .
- Provisional allotment letter generated from www.wbmcc.nic.in website by allotted candidate.
- Anti ragging from students & parents
For Management Quota
- Acknowledgement slip generated online after successful enrollment in precounseling.
- NEET UG 2022admit card.
- NEET UG 2022 Rank card.
- Payment of counseling fees proof (generated online)
- Class 10+2 mark sheet for verification of marks and 10+2 certificate
- Medical Certificate ( from Registered Allopathic Medical Practitioner)
- Provisional allotment letter generated from www.wbmcc.nic.in website by allotted candidate
- 10th Passing Certificate/Birth Certificate
- 12th Mark Sheet
- Statement of Mark Sheet of I, II, III MBBS Examination
- MBBS Degree / Passing Certificate
- Medical Registration Certificate.
- Internship Completion Certificate.
- Photo identity proof in the form of Certificate with an attested photo from Head of Institution last studied/Copy of Passport/Aadhar Card/PAN Card/Driving License (Self-attested photocopy after verifying with the original documents).
- Copy of: Birth Certificate for proof of age (if the date of birth not given in the HSC mark sheet/ certificate).
- NEET Score Card.
- Caste Certificate (if applicable)
- Copy of Online Counseling Registration Certificate
- Sponsorship Certificate from State Govt. If applicable.
- Passport size Photographs 8 copies.
- Medical facilities
Hospital of College of Medicine and JNM Hospital
The College and Hospital share the same 76.3-acre campus. The hospital has 450 teaching beds and extra admissions in all departments due to the high volume of patients. The campus faculty is a group of expert doctors who are passionate about health care and patient development.
The hospital on campus exists to provide knowledge about the practical day-to-day problems faced by doctors and other staff members, allowing students to learn about the management and administration skills that they will need once they are certified medical practitioners.
After completing their MBBS, all students must complete a year of mandatory rotatory internship. Following that, students typically apply for post-graduate studies. Students who get into PG colleges on their first try have a high success rate. Some have also passed the USMLE. After 4.5 years, an internship can help with clinical exposure. Housestaff positions are awarded based on merit.
Ranking & Reputation
|Name of Institute||College of Medicine and JNM Hospital Kalyani|
College of Medicine and JNM Hospital Kalyani
Block A, Post Office Kalyani, Near Silpanchal Station, Block A2, District Nadia, West Bengal 741235
Admission Helpline Number : 9667542500
Official Website: https://www.comjnmh.com/
What is the official website for College of Medicine and JNM Hospital Kalyani?
How many seats are there for Medical aspirants at College of Medicine and JNM Hospital?
There are 125 seats available for MBBS students at College of Medicine and JNM Hospital.
What are the admission requirements for medical programmes in College of Medicine and JNM Hospital?
Students must perform well on the NEET exam in order to be admitted to the College of Medicine and JNM Hospital.
Is College of Medicine and JNM Hospital a govt. or private medical college?
College of Medicine and JNM Hospital is a government medical hospital situated at Kalyani, Nadia, West Bengal.
When was College of Medicine and JNM Hospital launched?
College of Medicine and JNM Hospital was launched in the year of 2010.
Is Wbuhs a public medical institution?
The West Bengal University of Health Sciences (WBUHS) is an Indian public state medical university located in Kolkata.
What is the eligibility criteria for PG Medical Course?
A candidate must have earned an MBBS degree from an institute recognised by the Medical Council of India (MCI) to be eligible for NEET PG 2022. At the time of admission, such candidates must have an MBBS degree or a Provisional MBBS Pass Certificate.
Is NEET PG a requirement for PG?
NEET-PG certification is required for admission to MD/MS/PG Diploma programmes at various universities and institutions across the country. Even foreign nationals seeking admission to medical schools in India must take the NEET-PG exam.