Sree Narayana Institution of Medical Sciences Ernakulam, is a reputed institution that provides quality education and training in the field of medicine and healthcare. The college was established in 2009 by Sree Narayana Trusts, a charitable organization that manages several educational institutions and hospitals across Kerala. The institution is named after the great social reformer and philosopher, Sree Narayana Guru, and aims to provide quality education and training in the field of medicine and healthcare. The college is affiliated with the Kerala University of Health Sciences and also has recognition from the National Medical Commission.
The college offers undergraduate, postgraduate, and doctoral programs in medicine and allied health sciences. The institution offers a Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS) course with a duration of 5.5 years, including a one-year compulsory internship. The college also offers postgraduate courses such as Doctor of Medicine (MD) and Master of Surgery (MS) in various specializations such as General Medicine, Pediatrics, Obstetrics and Gynecology, Dermatology, Radiology, and Orthopedics, among others.
The college encourages research and development activities among students and faculty members. The institution has research centers and labs equipped with modern research equipment and facilities. The faculty members engage in research activities and collaborate with national and international institutions. The institution also conducts various conferences, seminars, and workshops to promote research and development activities.
The college also provides a vibrant and diverse student life to its students. The institution has various extracurricular activities such as sports, cultural events, and clubs that provide opportunities for the students to pursue their interests and hobbies. The college also has a student council that organizes various events and activities throughout the year.
- 1 Highlights
- 2 Affiliation, Recognition, and Aid Status
- 3 Department
- 4 Faculty and Staff
- 5 Courses Offered for UG Course
- 6 Courses Offered for PG Course
- 7 MBBS Internship
- 8 MBBS Course Syllabus
- 9 Fees Structure for UG Course
- 10 Eligibility Criteria For UG Course
- 11 NEET UG Cut Off
- 12 Eligibility Criteria For PG Course
- 13 NEET PG Cut-Off 2023
- 14 Sree Narayana Institution of Medical Sciences– Cut Off 2022 (State Quota)
- 15 Counselling Registration Procedure
- 16 Counselling Registration Fees
- 17 Counselling Process for MBBS/BDS Courses
- 18 Documents Required For MBBS
- 19 Documents Required For MD/MS
- 20 Contact Details
- 21 Ranking & Reputation
- 22 NEET College Predictors
- 23 NEET Rank Predictors
- 24 Expert Admission Consultants
- 25 Frequently Asked Questions
- 26 Q. What courses are offered at Sree Narayana Institution of Medical Sciences?
- 27 Q. Is Sree Narayana Institution of Medical Sciences affiliated with any university?
- 28 Q. Is Sree Narayana Institution of Medical Sciences recognized by the National Medical Commission?
- 29 Q. Does Sree Narayana Institution of Medical Sciences have a hospital?
- 30 Q. Does Sree Narayana Institution of Medical Sciences offer any research opportunities?
- 31 Q. What is the duration of the MBBS course at Sree Narayana Institution of Medical Sciences?
- 32 Q. What is the eligibility criteria for MD/MS courses at Sree Narayana Institution of Medical Sciences?
- 33 Q. Does Sree Narayana Institution of Medical Sciences have a hostel facility?
- 34 Q. What is the infrastructure like at Sree Narayana Institution of Medical Sciences?
- 35 Q. Does Sree Narayana Institution of Medical Sciences provide medical services to the local community?
|Name of Institute||Sree Narayana Institution of Medical Sciences Ernakulam|
|Popular Name||SNIMS, Ernakulam|
|Year of Establishment||2009|
|Affiliated to||Kerala University of Health Sciences, Thrissur|
|Approved by||National Medical Commission|
|Hostel Facilities||Yes (Male and Female)|
|Entrance Exam for UG courses||NEET UG Exam|
|Entrance Exam for PG Courses||NEET PG Exam|
|Course||UG-MBBS and PG- MD/MS|
|Category||Medical Colleges in Kerala|
|Contact||Address: North Kuthiyathodu P.O., Ernakulam Dist, Kerala – 683 594, India|
Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
Admission Helpline Number: 9667542500
Affiliation, Recognition, and Aid Status
Affiliated with: Kerala University of Health Sciences, Thrissur
Approved by: National Medical Commission, New Delhi
Aid Status: Private
Sree Narayana Institute of Medical Sciences (SNIMS) is equipped with modern facilities and infrastructure to provide a conducive learning and research environment for its students and faculty members. Here are some of the facilities available at SNIMS:
- Library: SNIMS has a well-stocked library with a vast collection of books, journals, e-books, and online resources in the field of medicine and allied health sciences. The library also provides access to various national and international databases and archives.
- Laboratories: SNIMS has well-equipped laboratories for various departments, including Anatomy, Physiology, Biochemistry, Microbiology, Pathology, Pharmacology, and Forensic Medicine. The labs are equipped with modern equipment and technology to facilitate research and experiments.
- Hospital: SNIMS has a hospital with a capacity of 300 beds that provides healthcare services in various specialties such as cardiology, neurology, oncology, and pediatrics, among others. The hospital has modern facilities such as operation theaters, ICUs, and emergency services.
- Hostels: SNIMS has separate hostels for boys and girls with all necessary amenities such as food, water, electricity, and security. The hostels provide a safe and comfortable living space for the students.
- Lecture Halls: SNIMS has air-conditioned lecture halls with modern audio-visual equipment that facilitate effective teaching and learning.
- Research Centers: SNIMS has research centers and labs equipped with modern research equipment and facilities. The faculty members engage in research activities and collaborate with national and international institutions.
- Sports Facilities: SNIMS has sports facilities such as a cricket ground, football ground, volleyball court, basketball court, and indoor games room. The sports facilities provide opportunities for the students to engage in physical activities and sports.
- Computer Labs: SNIMS has computer labs with modern hardware and software that provide the students with access to the latest technology and resources.
- Forensic Medicine
- Community Medicine
- General Medicine
- General Surgery
- ENT (Ear, Nose, and Throat)
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Emergency Medicine
Faculty and Staff
- The faculty and staff at Sree Narayana Institution of Medical Sciences are committed to offering students and patients high-quality instruction, clinical services, and research. They are a committed and experienced team. The professors are highly qualified and have extensive backgrounds in their fields. Professors, associate professors, assistant professors, and tutors are some of them.
- Administrative and technical staff who support the academic and clinical activities make up the institution’s staff. They consist of clerks, technicians, nurses, and other support personnel like accountants.
- The facility also has a hospital with skilled physicians, nurses, and other healthcare workers who offer patients around-the-clock medical care. General medicine, surgery, obstetrics and gynecology, pediatrics, orthopedics, ophthalmology, ENT, radiology, pathology, and anesthesia, among others.
Courses Offered for UG Course
|MBBS||4 and ½ years + 1 Year Internship||150|
Courses Offered for PG Course
|MD – Respiratory Medicine||3 years||2|
|MS – Orthopaedics||3 years||2|
|MD – Paediatrics||3 years||1|
|MS – Otorhinolaryngology||3 years||1|
|MD – Community Medicine||3 years||2|
|MD – Psychiatry||3 years||2|
|MD – General Medicine||3 years||2|
|MD – Pharmacology||3 years||2|
|Subjects||Compulsory time duration for Internship|
|Community Medicine||Two months|
|Medicine, including 15 days of Psychiatry||Two months|
|Surgery, including 15 days of Anaesthesia||Two months|
|Obstet./Gynae. including Family Welfare Planning||Two months|
|Orthopedics including PMR||15 days|
|Elective posting||15 days|
MBBS Course Syllabus
|Name||Pre Clinical||Para Clinical||Clinical|
|Semester||Semester 1 – 2||Semester 3 – 5||Semester 6 – 9|
|Subjects||Biochemistry||Community Medicine||Community medicine and allied subjects (Psychiatry, Dermatology)|
|Anatomy||Forensic Medicine||Obstetrics and Gynecology|
|—||Pathology||Surgery and allied subjects|
Fees Structure for UG Course
|Course||Tuition Fees||Tuition Fees (NRI)|
|MBBS||Rs. 7,65,400/-||Rs. 20,00,000/-|
For PG Courses
|Open Merit (Clinical)||15,75,000|
|NRI (Clinical / Non Clinical)||35,00,000|
|Open Merit (Non Clinical)||9,56,250|
NOTE: The above-shared fees can vary from the actual fees and are subject to change. To know the exact fee structure, candidates can connect with a counseling expert at the Admission Helpline No. 9667542500.
Eligibility Criteria For UG Course
|Entrance Exam||NEET Exam|
|Nativity||Only Indian citizens are eligible for admission unless otherwise notified. OCI cardholders can apply for Non-Resident Indian or supernumerary seats, but not for seats reserved exclusively for Indian citizens.|
|Keralite||Candidates of Kerala origin are categorized as Keralite.|
Children of AIS officers (Non-Keralites) allotted to Kerala cadre are also considered Keralites but are not eligible for reservations or fee concessions.
|Non-Keralite Category I (NK I)||A candidate who is not of Kerala origin but fulfills any one of the following conditions will be categorized as ‘Non-Keralite Category I’ (NK I):|
Has undergone a qualifying course in Kerala and is the son/daughter of Non-Keralite parents belonging to Government of India/Defence Service, posted to Kerala.
Has undergone a qualifying course in Kerala and is the son/daughter of Non-Keralite parents who are serving/served Government of Kerala for a minimum period of two years.
Is not of Kerala origin but has been a resident of Kerala State for a period of 5 years within the period of 12 years of his/her study.
Is not of Kerala origin but has undergone school studies in Kerala from standard VIII to XII.
|Non-Keralite Category II (NK II)||Candidates who do not fall under ‘Keralite’ or ‘Non-Keralite Category I’ are categorized as ‘Non-Keralite Category II’ (NK II).|
NK II candidates are not eligible for admission to Medical/Dental courses in Government colleges.
|Special Cases||Fifteen percent of the seats for MBBS & BDS Courses in Self-Financing colleges in Kerala are set apart for candidates irrespective of their domicile based on the NEET-UG 2023 rank list prepared by the Commissioner for the Entrance Examinations.|
NK II candidates are not eligible for Communal/Special/Persons with Disabilities reservation or any fee concession.
|Nominees and All India Quota||Special provisions apply to candidates nominated by the Government of India, candidates from the Union Territory of Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep Administration, Jammu & Kashmir, and candidates selected through All India quota seats for MBBS/BDS courses.|
|Qualification||The candidate must have passed from a recognised board/institute with a Class 12 credential or equivalent. In addition, the qualifying test should include biology, chemistry, English, and physics as core subjects.|
|Qualifying Marks||A minimum of 50% is required for the general category, 40% for SC/ST, and 45% for Physically disabled candidates.|
NEET UG Cut Off
|Category||Qualifying criteria||NEET Cutoff 2022||NEET Cutoff 2023|
|UR / EWS & PH||45th Percentile||116-105||136-121|
|OBC & PH||40th Percentile||104-93||120-107|
|SC & PH||40th Percentile||104-93||120-107|
|ST & PH||40th Percentile||104-93||120-108|
Eligibility Criteria For PG Course
|Academic Qualification||Applicants should possess an MBBS degree or provisional MBBS pass certificate recognized by NMC (MCI).|
|The MBBS qualification must be registered permanently or provisionally with NMC (MCI) or State Medical Council.|
|Candidates should have completed one year of internship or be likely to complete it on or before 11/08/2023.|
|Admission is granted after obtaining registration with the T.C. Medical Council.|
|Nativity||Indian Citizens of Kerala Origin|
|Persons of Indian Origin (PIO)/Overseas Citizens of India (OCI) for NRI seats (not eligible for general merit seats or other reservations other than NRI quota)|
|Candidates who are sons/daughters of Non-Keralite parents with an MBBS degree from a Kerala Medical College (not eligible for Communal/Special/PD reservation benefits)|
|All candidates should execute a bond to serve as Senior Resident for one year as per clause 11 of the prospectus.|
|Age||No upper age limit for admission to PG Medical Courses-2023 (with exceptions specified below).|
|Medical Education Service Quota Candidates: Upper age limit of 49 years as of December 31 of the year of CEE notification (with a minimum of 10 years of service after course completion).|
|Health Service Quota and Insurance Medical Service Quota Candidates: Upper age limit of 47 years as of December 31 of the year of CEE notification (with a minimum of 10 years of service after course completion).|
|Qualifying Criteria||All candidates must qualify the NEET PG-2023 conducted by the National Board of Examination, New Delhi.|
|Candidates must obtain a minimum of 50th percentile in the NEET PG Medical 2023.|
|For SC, ST, SEBC, SC-PwD (PD), ST-PwD (PD), and SEBC-PwD (PD), and service quota candidates under these categories, the minimum marks are at the 40th percentile.|
|For General (UR) – PwD (PD) and EWS (EW)–PwD (PD) candidates, the minimum marks are at the 45th percentile.|
NEET PG Cut-Off 2023
|Categories||Cut off percentile 2023||Cutoff marks 2023|
Sree Narayana Institution of Medical Sciences– Cut Off 2022 (State Quota)
|Category||First Round||Second Round||Mop-up Round||Stray Vacancy Round|
|State Rank||AIR||Marks||State Rank||AIR||Marks||State Rank||AIR||Marks||State Rank||AIR||Marks|
Counselling Registration Procedure
Online Submission of Application: Online submission of application through the website www.cee.kerala.gov.in is required to apply for admission to MBBS & BDS courses. The application process involves several steps, and it is important for candidates to follow these steps carefully. Here’s a detailed explanation of each step in the application process:
|Application Process Steps||Description|
|Step 1: Registration||One-time procedure.|
Generate a unique Application Number.
Create a strong password.
Record all provided information for future login.
|Step 2: Fill Application||Complete all basic information required for processing the application.|
Ensure all information is accurate and true.
Preview and confirm data before finalization.
|Step 3: Application Fee||Make payment through online or e-chalan.|
|Step 4: Upload Images & Certificates||Upload a recent passport-size photograph and candidate’s signature in jpeg format.|
Upload all necessary certificates and documents supporting claims made in the application.
Convert multiple documents for a single claim into a single PDF file if needed.
|Step 5: Print Application Acknowledgement Page||After completing the previous steps, print the Application Acknowledgement page for future reference.|
Counselling Registration Fees
|Category||Fees (In INR)|
|SC/ OBC||Rs. 200|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||Rs. Nil|
Counselling Process for MBBS/BDS Courses
Centralized Allotment Process
- The centralized allotment process for MBBS/BDS courses in State quota seats, including Government and Self-financing Medical/Dental Colleges, is overseen by the Commissioner for Entrance Examinations (CEE). The process is based on the options submitted by eligible candidates included in the rank list of Medical courses published by the CEE.
Four Rounds of Counselling
- Round I: All eligible candidates included in the state merit list are allowed to register their options in Round I. Option registration involves the payment of an option registration fee to the CEE. The fee amount will be notified by the CEE before the option registration process begins. The option registration fee is adjusted against the tuition fee for the allotted course. Candidates who are allotted a course in Round I should report to the allotted college within the specified timeframe.
- Round II: All candidates who registered options in Round I can participate in Round II if they desire further allotments. No fresh option registration is required for Round II. Instead, candidates confirm their existing options and may rearrange or delete unwanted options registered in Round I. Option confirmation is mandatory for consideration in Round II. Candidates who are satisfied with their Round I allotment and do not wish to be considered for other options must cancel all remaining options. They can also exit the seat received through Round II if they choose to.
- Mop-up Round: The Mop-up round allows fresh option registration with payment of a Mop-up registration fee. Candidates eligible for this round include those who were allotted/admitted to MBBS/BDS courses through Round I or Round II but exited their allotted seat within the specified time, as well as candidates who did not register any options in Round I or did not receive an allotment in Round I or Round II. Those who continued in admitted status up to the date notified by the CEE are not eligible for further rounds of counselling.
- Stray Vacancy Round: This round aims to fill vacant seats that may arise after the Mop-up round. Candidates who were allotted a seat in MBBS/BDS courses through Round I or Round II, as well as those who received an allotment in the Mop-up round, are not eligible for the Stray Vacancy Round. No fresh option registration occurs for this round. The options registered in the Mop-up round are considered for Stray vacancy filling. The filling of Stray vacancies is conducted at the institutional level based on guidelines issued by the CEE. Eligible candidates can contact the concerned colleges within the specified time to secure admission by paying the applicable fee.
Important Note: The registration fee for candidates who do not join or vacate seats received through Mop-up or exit the seats received in Round I or Round II after the Mop-up round will be forfeited. For candidates who receive an allotment, the Mop-up registration fee is adjusted against the tuition fee of the allotted course, while for those who do not receive an allotment, the registration fee is refunded after the completion of the entire admission process for the academic year.
Documents Required For MBBS
- Proof of Nativity
- Datasheet of the student (format attached)
- Allotment Memo of CEE Kerala
- Candidates Data Sheet CEE Kerala
- Admit card of NEET UG Entrance Exam
- Score card of NEET UG Entrance Exam
- 10th grade certificate to prove date of birth
- 12th grade pass certificate and statement of marks
- SC/ST/OEC Certificate (Non creamy layer/Income certificate)
- Income certificate in case of SC/ST/OEC students
- Community/Minority certificate from revenue authority if applicable
- Course and Conduct certificate
- Transfer Certificate (TC)
- Migration certificate
- Equivalency/Eligibility certificate (if applicable)
- Medical Fitness Certificate (format available in the CEE website)
- Passport size photo (05 Nos.) with Name and date of birth
- Stamp size photo (05 Nos.)
- Copy of Aadhaar card (Student)
- Copy of Pan card (Parent)
- Undertaking by the student countersigned by the parent on applicability of tuition fees.
Documents Required For MD/MS
- Data sheet of PG Medical issued by CEE.
- Date of Birth Proof: Secondary School Leaving Certificate/Senior
- Secondary Certificate/Indian Passport/Birth certificate.
- MBBS Degree /Pass Certificate
- House Surgeoncy (CRRI) Certificate.
- NEET (PG) Score Sheet.
- Original “Transfer Certificate” from the institution last studied.
- Relieving order from the institution last worked for those in Government service
- Originals of all the uploaded documents/certificates.
Sree Narayana Institution of Medical Sciences, Ernakulam
- Address: North Kuthiyathodu P.O., Ernakulam Dist, Kerala – 683 594, India
- Email ID: email@example.com
- Admission Helpline Number: 9667542500
- Website: https://academy.snims.org/
Ranking & Reputation
|Name of Institute||Sree Narayana Institution of Medical Sciences, Ernakulam|
NEET College Predictors
We understand the significance of choosing the right medical college for your bright future. Our website offers a variety of college predictors to ensure that you make informed decisions during the NEET counseling process.
With our NEET Score Predictor, input your NEET score, and instantly receive a personalized list of colleges where you have a higher chance of getting admitted. Our state-wise and category-based predictors further refine your options based on your preferences, giving you accurate and tailored results. we have offered you the top-of-the-class college predictors here’s the list of the college predictor for you;
- MBBS College Predictors
- BDS College Predictors
NEET Rank Predictors
NEET Rank Predictors are innovative tools designed to assist medical aspirants in estimating their All India Rank (AIR) in the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET). As one of the most competitive medical entrance exams in India, NEET plays a pivotal role in determining admission to undergraduate medical courses. NEET Rank Predictors empower students with insights into their performance, helping them set realistic goals and make informed decisions during the college selection process. Here’s the best ranks we’ve provided you with;
- MBBS Rank Predictors
- BDS Rank Predictors
Expert Admission Consultants
NEET Counselling takes pride in offering a team of highly experienced and dedicated Expert Admission Consultants who are committed to helping aspiring medical students achieve their dreams. Our consultants possess in-depth knowledge of the medical admission process and stay up-to-date with the latest developments in the field. They are well-versed in the intricacies of NEET counselling, medical college admissions, and various state-specific admission procedures. Here’s how our Expert Admission Consultants can help you with various counselling process
- MBBS Admission Consultant
- BDS Admission Consultant
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. What courses are offered at Sree Narayana Institution of Medical Sciences?
A: Sree Narayana Institution of Medical Sciences offers undergraduate medical courses (MBBS) and postgraduate medical courses (MD/MS) in various specializations.
Q. Is Sree Narayana Institution of Medical Sciences affiliated with any university?
A: Yes, Sree Narayana Institution of Medical Sciences is affiliated with the Kerala University of Health Sciences, Thrissur
Q. Is Sree Narayana Institution of Medical Sciences recognized by the National Medical Commission?
A: Yes, Sree Narayana Institution of Medical Sciences is recognized by the National Medical Commission.
Q. Does Sree Narayana Institution of Medical Sciences have a hospital?
A: Yes, Sree Narayana Institution of Medical Sciences has a hospital with several departments, including general medicine, surgery, obstetrics and gynecology, pediatrics, orthopedics, ophthalmology, ENT, radiology, pathology, and anesthesia, among others.
Q. Does Sree Narayana Institution of Medical Sciences offer any research opportunities?
A: Yes, Sree Narayana Institution of Medical Sciences has an active research department and offers research opportunities to students and faculty members.
Q. What is the duration of the MBBS course at Sree Narayana Institution of Medical Sciences?
A: The MBBS course at Sree Narayana Institution of Medical Sciences is a five-and-a-half-year course, including a one-year internship.
Q. What is the eligibility criteria for MD/MS courses at Sree Narayana Institution of Medical Sciences?
A: To be eligible for MD/MS courses at Sree Narayana Institution of Medical Sciences, candidates must have completed their MBBS degree from a recognized institution and must have scored the minimum qualifying marks in the NEET-PG examination.
Q. Does Sree Narayana Institution of Medical Sciences have a hostel facility?
A: Yes, Sree Narayana Institution of Medical Sciences has separate hostel facilities for boys and girls. The hostels are equipped with all modern amenities, including Wi-Fi, mess, and recreation rooms
Q. What is the infrastructure like at Sree Narayana Institution of Medical Sciences?
A: Sree Narayana Institution of Medical Sciences has a modern infrastructure with well-equipped laboratories, lecture halls, auditoriums, and a library with a vast collection of books and journals. The institution also has a hospital with state-of-the-art facilities and medical equipment.
Q. Does Sree Narayana Institution of Medical Sciences provide medical services to the local community?
A: Yes, Sree Narayana Institution of Medical Sciences provides medical services to the local community through its hospital and outreach programs. The institution also conducts health camps and awareness programs to promote health and wellbeing in the community.