Dr. Bhubaneswar Borooah Cancer Institute Guwahati, was founded in 1973 with the goal of providing comprehensive cancer care and research. This prestigious institute is affiliated with Srimanta Shankardeva University of Health Sciences and is accredited by the National Medical Commission. Dr. Bhubaneswar Borooah Cancer Institute is committed to providing medical education and specialised training in the field of oncology.
Among its programmes is an MD course in MD – Radiotherapy/Radiation Oncology. This programme provides medical professionals with the information and abilities needed to treat cancer patients using sophisticated radiation treatment procedures. Students at this College benefit from a strong academic atmosphere as well as clinical exposure, which contributes to the improvement of cancer care and research in the region.
- 1 Quick Summary
- 2 Affiliation Recognition and Achievement
- 3 Facilities
- 4 Faculty and Staff
- 5 Course Offered for PG Course
- 6 Internship Structure
- 7 MD Course Fees Structure
- 8 Hostel Fees
- 9 Eligibility Criteria for PG Course
- 10 NEET PG Cut-Off
- 11 Dr. Bhubaneswar Borooah Cancer Institute Guwahati– Cut Off 2022 (AIQ Quota)
- 12 Dr. Bhubaneswar Borooah Cancer Institute Guwahati– Cut Off 2022 (State Quota)
- 13 Counselling Process
- 14 Documents Required For MD/MS
- 15 MCC 50% AIQ Quota
- 16 Ranking & Reputation
- 17 Contact Details
- 18 MD College Predictor
- 19 MD Admission Consultant
- 20 FAQs
- 21 What programs does the institute offer?
- 22 What services are available at the institute?
- 23 Is telemedicine available for remote consultations?
- 24 What facilities are available for patients at the institute?
- 25 What are the qualifications and expertise of the faculty and staff?
- 26 Does the institute offer laser surgery?
|Name of Institute||Dr. Bhubaneswar Borooah Cancer Institute Guwahati|
|Year of Establishment||1973|
|Affiliated||Srimanta Shankardeva University of Health Sciences|
|Approved||National Medical Commission (NMC)|
|Hostel Facilities||Yes(Male and Female)|
|Category||Medical Colleges in Assam|
|Entrance Exam for PG Course||NEET PG Exam|
|Course||MD (Doctor of Medicine)|
|Contact Details||Address: a grant-in-aid institute of Department of Atomic Energy,|
Govt. of India and a unit of Tata Memorial Centre (Mumbai)
Gopinath Nagar, A K Azad Road, Guwahati-781016,
Admission Helpline Number : 9667542500
Affiliation Recognition and Achievement
Affiliated with:- Srimanta Shankardeva University of Health Sciences
Approved by:- National Medical Commission (NMC)
Aid Status:- Government
Dr. Bhubaneswar Borooah Cancer Institute in Guwahati offers a wide range of medical facilities and services to support its mission in the field of cancer care and research. Some of the key departments and services provided by the institute include:
- Radiation Oncology & Medical Physics: Utilizing advanced radiation therapy techniques to treat cancer patients effectively.
- Surgical Oncology: Specialized surgical interventions for cancer treatment.
- Gynaecologic Oncology: Addressing cancers specific to the female reproductive system.
- Medical Oncology: Comprehensive care and treatment using medication and chemotherapy.
- Pathology & Biochemistry: Diagnostic services to understand the nature and extent of diseases.
- Anaesthesiology: Ensuring patients’ comfort during medical procedures.
- Radio-diagnosis & Nuclear Medicine: Advanced imaging and diagnostic services.
- Head & Neck Oncology: Specialized care for cancers affecting the head and neck region.
- Preventive Oncology: Focus on cancer prevention and early detection.
- Telemedicine: Leveraging technology for remote consultations and healthcare services.
- Laser Surgery Facility: Utilizing laser technology for precise medical procedures.
- ICU (Intensive Care Unit): Providing critical care for patients in need of intensive medical attention.
- Blood Bank: Ensuring a ready supply of blood and blood products for patient care.
- Aphaeresis (Online Cell Separator): A specialized process for blood component separation.
- CSSD (Central Sterile Services Department): Ensuring sterilization and maintenance of medical equipment and instruments.
- Biomedical Waste Disposal Unit (Hydroclave System): Safe and environmentally responsible disposal of medical waste.
Faculty and Staff
- The faculty and staff at Dr. Bhubaneswar Borooah Cancer Institute in Guwahati play a crucial role in the institute’s mission to provide exceptional cancer care and conduct cutting-edge research. The team includes medical professionals, researchers, administrative personnel, and support staff, all working collaboratively to ensure the institute’s success.
- The faculty members are highly qualified and experienced in their respective fields, offering expertise in areas such as oncology, surgery, pathology, radiology, and other specialized domains. They are responsible for teaching and training the next generation of healthcare professionals, as well as providing clinical care to patients.
- The dedicated administrative and support staff contribute to the smooth operation of the institute, handling various administrative tasks, patient services, and logistical support. They ensure that the institute functions efficiently, creating a conducive environment for both patients and medical professionals.
- Together, the faculty and staff at Dr. Bhubaneswar Borooah Cancer Institute work tirelessly to provide compassionate care, conduct research, and contribute to the ongoing battle against cancer. Their collective efforts are instrumental in the institute’s commitment to improving the lives of cancer patients and their families.
Course Offered for PG Course
|MD – Radiotherapy/ Radiation Oncology||3 years||5|
|Subjects||Compulsory time duration for Internship|
|Community Medicine||Two months|
|Medicine, including 15 days of Psychiatry||Two months|
|Surgery, including 15 days of Anaesthesia||Two months|
|Obstet./Gynae. including Family Welfare Planning||Two months|
|Orthopedics including PMR||One month|
|Elective posting||15 days|
MD Course Fees Structure
|First Year||Rs. 1,05,500/-|
|Second Year||Rs. 85,000/-|
|Third Year||Rs. 80,000/-|
|Hostel Fees (A/C)||Rs. 7,000/-|
|Hostel Fees (Non A/C)||Rs. 5,000/-|
NOTE: The above-shared fees can vary from the actual fees and are subject to change. To know the exact fee structure, candidates can connect with a counseling expert at the Admission Helpline No. 9667542500.
Eligibility Criteria for PG Course
|Citizenship||The candidate must be a citizen of India.|
|Educational Qualification||The candidate must have completed MBBS from a recognized medical college or university.|
|NEET PG 2023 Score||The candidate must have a valid NEET PG 2023 score.|
|Internship Completion||Candidates must have completed their internship and submit an internship completion certificate.|
NEET PG Cut-Off
|Categories||Cut off percentile||Cutoff marks|
Dr. Bhubaneswar Borooah Cancer Institute Guwahati– Cut Off 2022 (AIQ Quota)
|Category||Opening All India rank||Closing All India rank|
Dr. Bhubaneswar Borooah Cancer Institute Guwahati– Cut Off 2022 (State Quota)
|Category||Opening All India rank||Closing All India rank|
The counselling process for Assam PG NEET Counselling is a multi-step process that provides eligible candidates with an opportunity to secure admission in postgraduate medical courses offered by various government and private medical colleges in Assam. Here are the steps involved in the counselling process:
Step 1: Release of Notification
The Directorate of Medical Education, Assam, will release the official notification containing all the relevant information regarding the counselling process, including the schedule, eligibility criteria, and the documents required for the counselling process.
Step 2: Online Registration
Eligible candidates will have to register themselves for the counselling process by filling up the online application form. They will also be required to pay the counselling fee through the online mode.
Step 3: Merit List
After the completion of the registration process, the Directorate of Medical Education, Assam, will release the merit list of eligible candidates based on their NEET PG 2023 scores.
Step 4: Counselling Rounds
Candidates who are shortlisted in the merit list will be called for the counselling process, which will be conducted in multiple rounds. During the counselling process, candidates will have to choose their preferred courses and colleges based on their ranks and the availability of seats.
Step 5: Seat Allotment
After the counselling rounds are completed, the seat allotment process will begin, where candidates will be allotted seats in their preferred colleges and courses based on their ranks and the availability of seats.
Step 7: Reporting to the Allotted College:
After the seat allotment process is completed, candidates need to report to the allotted college within the stipulated time frame. The reporting process involves payment of the admission fees and submission of the relevant documents.
Step 6: Admission Formalities
Candidates who are allotted seats will have to report to the allotted colleges to complete the admission formalities, which include document verification and payment of the admission fee.
Documents Required For MD/MS
- Data sheet of PG Medical issued by CEE.
- Date of Birth Proof: Secondary School Leaving Certificate/Senior
- Secondary Certificate/Indian Passport/Birth certificate.
- MBBS Degree /Pass Certificate
- House Surgeoncy (CRRI) Certificate.
- NEET (PG) Score Sheet.
- Original “Transfer Certificate” from the institution last studied.
- Relieving order from the institution last worked for those in Government service
- Originals of all the uploaded documents/certificates.
MCC 50% AIQ Quota
Medical Counselling Committee (MCC) is an autonomous body under the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India. The MCC is responsible for conducting online counselling for admission of 50% of seats to various postgraduate medical and dental courses in India, including MBBS and BDS, through the NEET UG and NEET PG exams, respectively.
The MCC conducts centralized counselling for the 50% All India Quota (AIQ) seats in government medical and dental colleges across India, as well as for seats in Deemed and Central Universities, ESIC, and AFMC colleges. The counselling process involves registration, choice filling, seat allotment, document verification, and admission to the allotted colleges.
MCC NEET Counselling Registration
MCC holds four rounds of NEET-UG counseling for AIQ, including a mop-up round and a stray vacancy round. Following the completion of Round 2, the MCC will fill the remaining seats in a mop-up round and a stray vacancy round. The following steps must be taken:
- Visit the official website: Visit the official website of MCC (https://mcc.nic.in/) and click on the “UG Medical Counseling” tab.
- New registration: Click on “New Registration” and fill in all the required details such as personal details, contact details, NEET exam details, and security pin. After filling in all the details, click on the “Submit” button.
- Login credentials: After successful registration, a new page will appear with your login credentials. Use these credentials to log in and fill in your choices of colleges and courses.
- Choice filling: Fill in your preferred colleges and courses in order of priority. You can choose as many choices as you want.
- Locking of choices: After you have filled in your choices, you need to lock them by clicking on the “Lock Choices” button. Once the choices are locked, you cannot make any changes.
- Seat allotment: The MCC conducts the seat allotment process based on your rank, category, and the choices filled by you. You will be able to see your seat allotment result on the official website.
- Reporting to the allotted college: If you are satisfied with the seat allotted to you, you need to report to the allotted college within the specified time with all the required documents and pay the admission fee.
MCC Counselling Fees Structure
Counselling Fee (Non Refundable)
|15% AIQ/Central Universities||Rs. 1,000/-|
|SC/ ST/ OBC/ PwD category candidates||Rs. 500/-|
|Deemed University Candidates||Rs. 5,000/-|
|15% AIQ/Central Universities||Rs. 25,000/-|
|SC/ ST/ OBC/ PwD category candidates||Rs. 10,000/-|
|Deemed University Candidates||Rs. 2,00,000/-|
Ranking & Reputation
|Name of Institute||Dr. Bhubaneswar Borooah Cancer Institute Guwahati|
Dr. Bhubaneswar Borooah Cancer Institute Guwahati
- Address: a grant-in-aid institute of Department of Atomic Energy,Govt. of India and a unit of Tata Memorial Centre (Mumbai)Gopinath Nagar, A K Azad Road, Guwahati-781016,Assam, India
- Email: email@example.com
- Admission Helpline Number : 9667542500
- Website: http://www.bbcionline.org/
MD College Predictor
MD College Predictor is a online tool that helps students predict which medical colleges they are likely to get admission to for Doctor of Medicine programs based on their NEET PG score, category, and preferred location. The predictor tool uses the previous year’s cut-off data, admission trends, and other relevant factors to generate a list of MD colleges that match the student’s score and preferences.
The MD College Predictor tool helps students make informed decisions about their admission process by giving them an idea of the colleges they may get admission to. It also helps them plan their application process by shortlisting colleges based on their preferences and eligibility criteria.
MD Admission Consultant
An MD admission consultant is a professional who provides guidance and assistance to students seeking admission to Doctor of Medicine (MD) programs in India. Our consultant have extensive knowledge and experience in the field of Medical education and can help students navigate the complex admission process.
They provide expert advice, support, and guidance throughout the admission process, helping students make informed decisions and achieve their academic and career goals.
What programs does the institute offer?
The institute offers various programs, including MD – Radiotherapy/Radiation Oncology, and it is known for its focus on oncology education and treatment.
What services are available at the institute?
The institute provides a wide range of services, including surgical oncology, gynaecologic oncology, medical oncology, pathology, radiology, and more
Is telemedicine available for remote consultations?
Yes, the institute offers telemedicine services, allowing patients to consult with healthcare professionals remotely.
What facilities are available for patients at the institute?
The institute has an ICU, blood bank, aphaeresis (online cell separator), CSSD for sterilization, and a biomedical waste disposal unit (Hydroclave System) for safe waste disposal.
What are the qualifications and expertise of the faculty and staff?
The faculty members are highly qualified and experienced in their respective fields, providing education and clinical care. The staff includes administrative personnel and support staff to ensure smooth operations.
Does the institute offer laser surgery?
Yes, the institute provides laser surgery facilities, which offer precise medical procedures for cancer treatment.