Saheed Laxman Nayak Medical College Koraput also known as SLN Medical College and Hospital, is a government medical college and hospital in Koraput, Odisha, India. The hospital got its start as a dispensary in 1908. The college was established in 2017. It is Odisha’s fourth Government Medical College. On September 4, 2017, Hon. CM Shri Naveen Patnaik inaugurated it. It is the first medical college in the KBK Area.
This college is dedicated to the memory of Saheed Laxman Naik, with the sole purpose of providing services to the suffering people of this part of the state and the country as a whole.
Its evolving growth is founded on high-value medical education and research. MBBS students will first be taught basic subjects before being exposed to multispeciality clinical subjects, as well as multispeciality facilities, Public Health services, and ICU, ICCU, NICU, and PICU provided to patients as an integral part of their learning. Students learn about sensitive issues in medical science and health care while also focusing on the implementation of technology in critical care, diagnosis, and life support systems.
- 1 Highlights
- 2 Affiliation, Recognition and Aid Status
- 3 Facilities and Infrastructure
- 4 Faculty and Staff
- 5 Course Offered
- 6 MBBS Internship
- 7 MBBS Course Syllabus
- 8 Fees Structure
- 9 Odisha NEET Cousnelling Process 2023
- 10 Counselling Process
- 11 Documents Required
- 12 Counselling Fee
- 13 Eligibility Criteria
- 14 NEET UG Cut Off 2023
- 15 Saheed Laxman Nayak Medical College Koraput Cut-Off 2022 (State Quota)
- 16 Saheed Laxman Nayak Medical College Koraput Cut-Off 2022 (AIQ Quota)
- 17 Contact Details
- 18 Ranking & Reputation
- 19 NEET College Predictors
- 20 NEET Rank Predictors
- 21 Expert Admission Consultants
- 22 FAQs
- 22.1 Q. What is the official website for S.L.N MEDICAL COLLEGE & HOSPITAL?
- 22.2 Q. How many seats are there for Medical aspirants at S.L.N MEDICAL COLLEGE?
- 22.3 Q. What are the admission requirements for medical programmes in SLN MEDICAL COLLEGE?
- 22.4 Q. Does SLN MEDICAL COLLEGE & Hospital provide internship to their students?
- 22.5 Q. Who is named after this medical college?
- 22.6 Q. When was SLN MEDICAL COLLEGE launched?
- 22.7 Q. Which university is affiliated with SLN MEDICAL COLLEGE?
- 22.8 Q. What is the location of SLN MEDICAL COLLEGE?
|Name of Institute||Saheed Laxman Nayak Medical College Koraput|
|Popular Name||SLNMCH, SLN Medical College, Koraput|
|Year of Establishment||2017|
|Affiliated to||Berhampur University|
|Approved by||National Medical Commission (NMC)|
|Counseling Conducted Authority||Odisha Joint Entrance Examination (OJEE)|
|Hostel Facilities||Yes (Male and Female)|
|Entrance Exam||NEET UG Exam|
|Category||Medical Colleges in Odisha|
|Contact||Address: S.L.N MEDICAL COLLEGE & HOSPITAL|
Janiguda Koraput – 764020 Orissa , India
Admission Helpline Number : 9667542500
Affiliation, Recognition and Aid Status
- Affiliated with: Berhampur University
- Approved by: National Medical Commission (NMC).
- Aid Status: Govt.
Facilities and Infrastructure
The Veer Surendra Sai Institute of Medical Sciences & Research in Burla, Odisha, boasts a range of facilities and infrastructure to support medical education, research, and patient care. Here are some of the key facilities and infrastructure at the institute:
- Academic Blocks: The institute features modern academic buildings equipped with lecture halls, classrooms, and laboratories for teaching and research activities.
- Teaching Hospital: Attached to the institute is a well-equipped teaching hospital that provides a practical learning environment for medical students. The hospital offers a wide range of medical services to the community.
- Library: The institute’s library is a valuable resource for students and faculty, providing access to a vast collection of medical textbooks, journals, and research papers.
- Hostel Accommodation: For students coming from various regions, the institute offers hostel accommodation with basic amenities to ensure a comfortable stay.
- Laboratories: State-of-the-art laboratories are available for practical training and research in various medical and scientific disciplines.
- Auditorium: The institute has an auditorium for hosting academic and cultural events, seminars, conferences, and other activities.
- Medical Equipment: Advanced medical equipment and technology are available in the hospital for diagnosis, treatment, and research purposes.
- Research Facilities: The institute encourages research activities, and research centers and facilities are available for students and faculty to conduct medical research.
- Recreational Areas: Recreational areas and sports facilities are provided to promote physical fitness and relaxation among students.
- Cafeteria: A cafeteria serves meals and refreshments to students and staff.
- Transportation: The institute may provide transportation facilities for commuting between the campus and the hospital.
- Security: Security measures are in place to ensure the safety and well-being of students, staff, and patients.
- Medical Services: Apart from the teaching hospital, the institute may have outpatient clinics, emergency services, and specialized medical units to cater to healthcare needs.
- Administrative Offices: Administrative offices manage various functions, including admissions, academics, finance, and student affairs.
- Wi-Fi: Wi-Fi connectivity is often available throughout the campus to facilitate research and learning.
- Green Spaces: The campus may have green spaces and gardens that provide a peaceful environment.
Faculty and Staff
The faculty and staff at Veer Surendra Sai Institute of Medical Sciences & Research in Burla, Odisha, play a crucial role in delivering quality education, conducting research, and providing healthcare services. Here is an overview of the faculty and staff categories typically found at the institute:
- Teaching Faculty: This group comprises professors, associate professors, and assistant professors in various medical and allied health disciplines. They are responsible for classroom teaching, conducting research, and guiding students.
- Medical Practitioners: The institute employs experienced medical practitioners, including doctors and specialists, who work at the teaching hospital attached to the institution. They provide clinical training to medical students and offer medical services to patients.
- Nursing Staff: Nurses are an essential part of the healthcare team, assisting in patient care, surgery, and other medical procedures. They also contribute to the practical training of nursing students.
- Research Scholars: Research scholars pursuing postgraduate and doctoral programs are actively involved in research activities under the guidance of faculty members.
- Administrative Staff: Administrative personnel manage various aspects of the institute, including admissions, finance, human resources, and general administration.
- Technical Staff: Technical experts and laboratory technicians support the functioning of laboratories and research facilities, ensuring that equipment and experiments run smoothly.
- Library Staff: Librarians and library assistants oversee the institute’s library, helping students and faculty access academic resources.
- Support Staff: This category includes individuals responsible for maintenance, security, housekeeping, and other essential services to keep the campus and facilities operational.
- Clinical and Healthcare Support Staff: Beyond doctors and nurses, there are other healthcare professionals such as pharmacists, radiologists, and lab technicians who contribute to patient care and medical education.
- Faculty Development: Some institutions have dedicated staff or units responsible for faculty development, training, and continuing education to enhance teaching and research skills.
- Student Support Services: Counselors, career advisors, and student affairs personnel provide guidance and support to students in academic and personal matters.
- Hospital Management: Professionals in hospital management and administration oversee the efficient operation of the teaching hospital and associated healthcare services.
- Research and Project Coordinators: In research-focused institutions, there may be staff members responsible for coordinating research projects and securing grants.
- Security and Safety Personnel: These individuals ensure the safety and security of the campus, faculty, staff, and students.
- Communication and Public Relations: Professionals in this category handle internal and external communications, public relations, and marketing efforts for the institute
|Subjects||Compulsory time duration for Internship|
|Community Medicine||Two months|
|Medicine, including 15 days of Psychiatry||Two months|
|Surgery, including 15 days of Anaesthesia||Two months|
|Obstet./Gynae. including Family Welfare Planning||Two months|
|Orthopedics including PMR||15 days|
|Elective posting||15 days|
MBBS Course Syllabus
For UG course (MBBS)
|Name||Pre Clinical||Para Clinical||Clinical|
|Semester||Semester 1 – 2||Semester 3 – 5||Semester 6 – 9|
|Subjects||Biochemistry||Community Medicine||Community medicine and allied subjects (Psychiatry, Dermatology)|
|Anatomy||Forensic Medicine||Obstetrics and Gynecology|
|—||Pathology||Surgery and allied subjects|
|Admission Fees (One Time)||Rs. 1,500/-|
|Hostel Fees (Per Annum)||Rs. 3,500/-|
|Tuition Fees (Per Annum)||Rs. 22,000/-|
|EW Charges (Per Annum)||Rs. 4,000/-|
|Fees for SBAB (Per Annum)||Rs. 500/-|
|Hostel Fund (Per Annum)||Rs. 3,000/-|
|Security Deposit (One Time)||Rs. 10,000/-|
|Common Fees (Per Annum)||Rs. 1,500/-|
|Other Fees (Per Annum)||Rs. 27,950/-|
|Caution Money (One Time)||Rs. 2,000/-|
Odisha NEET Cousnelling Process 2023
Step 1: Online Registration
- Visit the official Odisha NEET Counselling website and click on the “Registration” or “Apply Now” button.
Step 2: Fill in Personal Details
- Enter your NEET 2023 Roll Number and Application Number.
- Provide your name, date of birth, gender, and contact information.
Step 3: Academic Details
- Enter details of your 10th and 12th standard education, including marks obtained and the name of the board.
- Upload scanned copies of your mark sheets and certificates.
Step 4: Document Upload
Upload all the required documents mentioned in Step 2. Make sure the documents are clear and in the specified format.
- NEET 2023 Scorecard.
- Class 10th and 12th mark sheets and certificates.
- Identity proof (Aadhar card, passport, voter ID, etc.).
- Caste certificate (if applicable).
- Domicile certificate (if applicable).
- Passport-sized photographs.
Step 5: Choice Filling
- Choose your preferred colleges and courses in order of preference. Be sure to research the colleges and courses before making your choices.
Step 6: Fee Payment
- Pay the required counselling registration fee online. Keep the payment receipt for future reference.
Step 7: Lock and Submit Choices
- After making your choices, lock and submit your preferences. Once submitted, you won’t be able to make changes, so double-check your selections.
- Step 1: Registration and Choice Filling:
- Candidates who have completed the registration process and are on the State Merit List must log in to the online portal.
- They need to submit their preferences for both the Course (MBBS/BDS) and College in order of their preference.
- Candidates must lock their choices, and if not locked, they will be automatically locked when the schedule time ends.
- Step 2: Merit-Based Allotment:
- College and course allotments are done based on the candidate’s merit in the State Merit List.
- After allotment, candidates can download their Allotment Letter.
- Step 3: Provisional Admission Reporting:
- Candidates must report in person to the Odisha Joint Entrance Examination (OJEE) office in Gandamunda, Bhubaneswar, on the specified date and time.
- They should bring all original certificates, mark sheets, and other required documents along with a prepared bond.
- Admission fees, depending on the allotted college, must be paid either online or by demand draft.
- Candidates can choose to Freeze (confirm the allotted seat) or Float (wait for further rounds) at this stage.
- They must submit their original College Leaving Certificate/School Leaving Certificate and will be issued a Provisional Admission Letter.
- Step 4: Failure to Complete Admission Process:
- Candidates who do not complete the admission process as described in point 3 will lose their allotted seat.
- Such candidates can participate in the 2nd round by submitting fresh choice preferences.
- Step 5:Repeat Process for Subsequent Rounds:
- The same procedure is repeated for the 2nd and 3rd rounds of counseling.
- Step 7: Institutional Admission:
- After the 3rd round of counseling, candidates must report to the allotted institution within the specified date.
- They need to submit a copy of the Provisional Admission Letter to complete the admission process at the institutional level.
- Step 8:Resignation and Refund:
- If a candidate resigns on or before the designated date for withdrawal, they will receive 90% of the admission fees back, with 10% deducted as processing fees.
- No resignations will be allowed after the specified date, and a financial penalty may be imposed by the State Government.
- Step 9:Vacancy Handling:
- Any remaining vacancies after the 3rd round of counseling may be filled through upgradation/sliding among existing candidates who opted for the float option.
- Step 10:Spot Counseling (Mop-Up):
- If vacancies still exist, a spot counseling (mop-up) may be conducted.
- Physical presence is mandatory for candidates in spot counseling, and no authorizations are entertained.
- Candidates admitted after the 3rd round are not eligible for spot counseling.
- Step 11:Private Institution Seats:
- Unfilled seats in private institutions after spot counseling will be returned to the respective institutions for counseling and admission based on the NEET UG 2023 merit list.
- NEET Admit Card.
- NEET Result.
- Marksheet and Secondary school certificate
- Passing certificate of class 12th and its marksheet
- Leaving certificate of school or college
- Domicile certificate for proof of living in state for not less than 10 years.
- Category certificate, if it is applicable
MCC Counseling Registration
|1||Visit MCC Official Website||Go to the official MCC Counselling 2023|
|2||Find the Registration Link||Locate and click on the “Registration” or “New Registration” link on the homepage.|
|3||Read the Instructions||Carefully read and understand the provided instructions, guidelines, and eligibility criteria.|
|4||Fill in Personal Details||Enter accurate personal information: full name, date of birth, gender, contact number, email, etc.|
|5||NEET UG Details||Provide NEET UG exam details: roll number, application number, and exam year.|
|6||Generate Login Credentials||Create a unique username and strong password for future access to the counseling portal.|
|7||Payment of Registration Fee||Pay the prescribed fee using available online payment options. Follow provided payment instructions.|
|8||Verify and Submit||Review entered information, make corrections if needed, and submit the registration form.|
|9||Confirmation and Printout||Receive a confirmation message/email upon successful submission. Print or save as PDF for records.|
|10||Keep Registration Details Secure||Safely store registration number, login credentials, and payment receipt for future reference.|
|15% AIQ/Central Universities||Rs. 1,000||Rs. 500|
|Deemed University||Rs. 5,000||Rs. 5,000|
Security Fee (Refundable)
|15% AIQ/Central Universities||Rs. 1,0000||Rs. 5,000|
|Deemed University||Rs. 2,00,000||Rs. 2,00,000|
MCC Counselling Process
MCC will be the conducting the counselling process for admission to Medical, Dental Colleges and Nursing Colleges for the AIQ, Central Institutes, University, AIMS, JIPMER , Deemed universities, AMU, BHU and etc. The Counselling will be held in Four Rounds Namely Round 1, Round 2, Round 3 and additional Round known as Stray vacancy round which will be the last round for the counselling and admission. Here’re are some details about each round given below:
- Register for Main Counseling: Visit www.mcc.nic.in and register for Round-1 by paying a Non-Refundable Registration fee and Refundable Security Deposit.
- Choice Filling and Locking: Choose your preferred institutes and courses during the specified days and lock your choices.
- Seat Allotment Round-1: Based on your choices and merit, seats will be allotted in Round-1.
- Result Publication: The Round-1 result will be published on the MCC website.
- Upload Essential Certificates: After the result is declared, upload the necessary certificates as per the guidelines.
- Physical Reporting: If allotted a seat, physically report to the allocated Medical/Dental College with original documents. Those who want to upgrade to Round-2 must report with their original documents.
- Candidates Not Allotted in Round-1: If you weren’t allotted a seat in Round-1, no need to register again. You will automatically be considered for Round-2.
- Fresh Registration for Round-2: New candidates or those who didn’t register in Round-1 must register for Round-2 by paying the fees.
- Choice Filling and Locking: Fill new choices and lock them during the specified period.
- Seat Allotment Round-2: Seats will be allotted based on your choices and merit.
- Result Publication: The Round-2 result will be published on the MCC website.
- Upload Essential Certificates: After the Round-2 result is declared, upload the necessary certificates as per the guidelines.
- Physical Reporting: If allotted a seat in Round-2, physically report to the allocated Medical/Dental College. Upgraded candidates must take relieving from Round-1 seat and join Round-2 seat.
- Candidates Not Allotted in Previous Rounds: If you were not allotted a seat in Round-1 or Round-2, no need to register again. You will be considered for Round-3.
- Fresh Registration for Round-3: New candidates or those who didn’t register in Round-1 or Round-2 must register for Round-3 by paying the fees.
- Choice Filling and Locking: Fill new choices and lock them during the specified period.
- Seat Allotment Round-3: Seats will be allotted based on your choices and merit.
- Result Publication: The Round-3 result will be published on the MCC website.
- Upload Essential Certificates: After the Round-3 result is declared, upload the necessary certificates as per the guidelines.
- Physical Reporting: If allotted a seat in Round-3, physically report to the allocated Medical/Dental College.
FINAL STRAY VACANCY ROUND:
- Fresh Registrations: Candidates must register for the Final Stray Vacancy Round.
- Elimination: Candidates with allotted seats in other rounds will be eliminated from the Stray Vacancy Round.
- Stray Vacancy Round: The AIQ Stray Vacancy Round for vacant seats will be conducted online by MCC of DGHS, MoHFW.
- Seat Allotment: Seats will be allotted based on merit in the Stray Vacancy Round.
- Joining Allotted Seat: If allotted a seat in the Stray Round, the candidate must join the allocated seat/college. Failure to join will result in debarment from NEET examination for 01 year and forfeiture of fees.
(Note: Candidates can participate in Round-2 or Round-3 directly without fresh registration if they are not allotted a seat in the previous round. Upgraded candidates cannot claim their previous round seat.)
|Age||Minimum 17 years as of December 31, 2023, with no upper age limit.|
|Nativity||Candidates must be one of the following:|
– Permanent natives of Odisha, OR
– Children of All India Civil Service officers serving in the state of Odisha cadre.
|Educational Qualifications||– Must have passed +2 Science (Intermediate or equivalent) with the following subjects individually: Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and English.|
– Minimum aggregate marks of 50% in Physics, Chemistry & Biology at +2 Science level for General Candidates (GE).
– Minimum aggregate marks of 40% for SC/ST candidates.
– Minimum aggregate marks of 45% for benchmark disability candidates (PC-GE).
– Minimum aggregate marks of 40% for Physically Challenged candidates of SC/ST category (PC-SC/ST).
|NEET UG 2023 Qualification||– Candidates must have qualified in the NEET UG 2023 exam.|
For NRI Candidate
|Eligibility Criteria for NRI Candidates||Requirements|
|Eligibility||NRI candidates who have qualified NEET UG 2023 are eligible.|
|Definition of NRI||NRI refers to children or wards of a person of Indian origin residing outside India.|
|Documents Required for NRI Candidates||NRI candidates must submit the following documents as proof of their NRI status:|
– Documents that establish the sponsorer’s NRI status, such as the sponsorer’s Passport and Visa.
– Proof of the relationship between the NRI and the candidate as per the court order of the Hon’ble Supreme Court of India in case W.P.(c) No. 689/2017 – Consortium of Deemed University in Karnataka (CODEUNIK) & Ans. Vs Union of India & Ors. dated 22-08-2017.
– An affidavit from the sponsorer, duly notarized, confirming their commitment to sponsor the entire course fee of the candidate.
– An Embassy Certificate of the Sponsorer (Certificate from the Consulate).
NEET UG Cut Off 2023
|Category||Qualifying criteria||NEET Cutoff 2022||NEET Cutoff 2023|
|UR / EWS & PH||45th Percentile||116-105||136-121|
|OBC & PH||40th Percentile||104-93||120-107|
|SC & PH||40th Percentile||104-93||120-107|
|ST & PH||40th Percentile||104-93||120-108|
Saheed Laxman Nayak Medical College Koraput Cut-Off 2022 (State Quota)
|Rounds||First Round||Second Round||2nd Extended Round||Mop Up Round|
|UR – SG (State Govt School)||52674||544||52674||544||52674||544||–||–|
|UR – GC (Green Card) Cutoff||27224||587||29341||583||29341||583||—||—|
|UR – EX (Ex-Servicemen)||—||—||31703||579||31703||579||—||–|
|UR – PH||—||—||—||—||—||—||—||–|
|EWS – SG (State Govt School)||38826||566||—||—||—||—||—||—|
|EWS – GC (Green Card)||34390||574||—||—||—||—||—||—|
|EWS – EX,PH||—||—||—||—||—||—||—||—|
|SC – SG (State Govt School)||108693||470||—||—||—||—||—||—|
|ST – SG (State Govt School)||—||—||—||—||—||—||—||—|
|ST – GC & EX||684692||157||—||—||—||—||—||—|
Saheed Laxman Nayak Medical College Koraput Cut-Off 2022 (AIQ Quota)
|Rounds||First Round||Second Round||Mop-Up Round||Stray Vacancy-1||Stray Vacancy-1|
Saheed Laxman Nayak Medical College, Koraput (S.L.N MEDICAL COLLEGE & HOSPITAL)
- Address: Janiguda Koraput – 764020 Orissa , India
- Email: email@example.com
- Admission Helpline Number : 9667542500
- Official website: https://slnmch.nic.in/
Ranking & Reputation
|Name of Institute||SLN Medical College Koraput|
NEET College Predictors
We understand the significance of choosing the right medical college for your bright future. Our website offers a variety of college predictors to ensure that you make informed decisions during the NEET counseling process.
With our NEET Score Predictor, input your NEET score, and instantly receive a personalized list of colleges where you have a higher chance of getting admitted. Our state-wise and category-based predictors further refine your options based on your preferences, giving you accurate and tailored results. we have offered you the top-of-the-class college predictors here’s the list of the college predictor for you;
- MBBS College Predictors
- BDS College Predictors
NEET Rank Predictors
NEET Rank Predictors are innovative tools designed to assist medical aspirants in estimating their All India Rank (AIR) in the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET). As one of the most competitive medical entrance exams in India, NEET plays a pivotal role in determining admission to undergraduate medical courses. NEET Rank Predictors empower students with insights into their performance, helping them set realistic goals and make informed decisions during the college selection process. Here’s the best ranks we’ve provided you with;
- MBBS Rank Predictors
- BDS Rank Predictors
Expert Admission Consultants
NEET Counselling takes pride in offering a team of highly experienced and dedicated Expert Admission Consultants who are committed to helping aspiring medical students achieve their dreams. Our consultants possess in-depth knowledge of the medical admission process and stay up-to-date with the latest developments in the field. They are well-versed in the intricacies of NEET counselling, medical college admissions, and various state-specific admission procedures. Here’s how our Expert Admission Consultants can help you with various counselling process
- MBBS Admission Consultant
- BDS Admission Consultant
Q. What is the official website for S.L.N MEDICAL COLLEGE & HOSPITAL?
A. The official website of S.L.N MEDICAL COLLEGE & HOSPITAL is https://slnmch.nic.in/
Q. How many seats are there for Medical aspirants at S.L.N MEDICAL COLLEGE?
A. There are 125 seats available for MBBS students at S.L.N MEDICAL COLLEGE.
Q. What are the admission requirements for medical programmes in SLN MEDICAL COLLEGE?
A. Students must perform well on the NEET exam in order to be admitted to the SLN MEDICAL COLLEGE
Q. Does SLN MEDICAL COLLEGE & Hospital provide internship to their students?
A. Yes, SLN MEDICAL COLLEGE Hospital do provide internships to their students.
Q. Who is named after this medical college?
A. This college is dedicated to the memory of Saheed Laxman Naik, the distinguished and heroic tribal leader of the undivided Koraput district, who was an active participant in the freedom movement.
Q. When was SLN MEDICAL COLLEGE launched?
A. SLN MEDICAL COLLEGE was launched in the year of 2017.
Q. Which university is affiliated with SLN MEDICAL COLLEGE?
A. SLN MEDICAL COLLEGE is affiliated with Berhampur University
Q. What is the location of SLN MEDICAL COLLEGE?
A. The address of SLN MEDICAL COLLEGE is Janiguda Koraput – 764020 Orissa , India