Government Medical College Sundargarh is a newly established government medical college in Odisha, India. The college was established in the year 2022 and is affiliated with the Sambalpur University. The college offers an undergraduate (MBBS) course, and it has a total intake capacity of 100 students per year.
The college has a strong track record of placing graduates in top hospitals and healthcare organisations across the country. The college also provides career guidance and counselling to its students in order to help them make informed decisions about their future.
The college provides a supportive and nurturing environment that encourages students to explore their passions and talents. It offers numerous extracurricular activities and opportunities for students to showcase their skills and talents.
- 1 Highlights
- 2 Affiliation, Recognition, and Aid Status
- 3 Facilities
- 4 Faculty and Staff
- 5 Courses Offered and Intake Capacity
- 6 MBBS Internship
- 7 Course Syllabus
- 8 Fees Structure
- 9 Odisha NEET Cousnelling Process 2023
- 10 Counselling Process
- 11 Documents Required
- 12 Counselling Fee
- 13 Eligibility Criteria
- 14 NEET UG Cut Off 2023
- 15 Government Medical College, Sundargarh Cut-Off 2022 (State Quota)
- 16 Government Medical College, Sundargarh Cut-Off 2023 (AIQ Quota)
- 17 Contact Details
- 18 Ranking & Reputation
- 19 NEET College Predictors
- 20 NEET Rank Predictors
- 21 Expert Admission Consultants
- 22 Frequently Asked Questions
- 22.1 Q:What courses are offered at Government Medical College, Sundargarh?
- 22.2 Q: How can I apply for admission to Government Medical College, Sundargarh?
- 22.3 Q: Is Government Medical College, Sundargarh recognized by the National Medical Commission?
- 22.4 Q: Does Government Medical College, Sundargarh have a hospital?
- 22.5 Q: Does Government Medical College, Sundargarh offer hostel facilities for students?
- 22.6 Q: What are the facilities available for students at Government Medical College, Sundargarh?
- 22.7 Q: What is the student-faculty ratio at Government Medical College, Sundargarh?
- 22.8 Q: Does Government Medical College, Sundargarh offer scholarships to students?
- 22.9 Q: Does Government Medical College, Sundargarh have a research facility?
|Name of Institute||Government Medical College Sundargarh|
|Popular Name||GMC, Sundargarh|
|Year of Establishment||2022|
|Affiliated to||Sambalpur University|
|Counselling Conducting Body||Odisha Joint Entrance Examination (OJEE) Cell|
|Approved by||National Medical Commission, New Delhi|
|Hostel Facilities||Yes (Male and Female)|
|Entrance Exam for UG courses||NEET UG ExamNEET UG Exam|
|Category||Medical Colleges in Odisha|
|Contact||Address: Main Rd, Sundargarh, Odisha 770001|
Admission Helpline Number : 9667542500
Affiliation, Recognition, and Aid Status
- Affiliated with: Sambalpur University
- Approved by: National Medical Commission
- Aid Status: Government
Government Medical College, Sundargarh, is equipped with modern infrastructure and facilities to ensure that students receive the best possible education and training.The following are some of the college’s amenities
- Lecture Halls: The college has well-equipped lecture halls that can accommodate a large number of students. The lecture halls are equipped with modern audio-visual equipment to facilitate effective teaching and learning.
- Laboratories: The college has advanced laboratories that are equipped with modern equipment and technology to provide students with practical training in various medical disciplines.
- Library: The college has a modern library with a vast collection of medical books, journals, and reference materials. The library is equipped with computers and internet facilities for students to access online resources.
- Hospital: The college has a well-equipped hospital with over 500 beds and advanced diagnostic and treatment facilities. The hospital provides medical services to patients and serves as a training ground for students.
- Hostels: The college provides hostel facilities for students. The hostels have modern amenities like Wi-Fi, recreation rooms, and study rooms.
- Sports Facilities: The college has sports facilities such as a cricket ground, a football ground, a volleyball court, and a badminton court. The college encourages students to participate in sports activities for their overall development.
Government Medical College, Sundargarh, has modern infrastructure and facilities to provide students with the best education and training possible. The college has well-equipped lecture halls, advanced laboratories, a modern library, a hospital, hostels, sports facilities, and a cafeteria. Students can learn, grow, and develop their skills in a supportive and nurturing environment at the college’s facilities.
Faculty and Staff
Professors, associate professors, and assistant professors comprise the faculty at Government Medical College, Sundargarh.Faculty members are the backbone of the institution, and they are committed to providing students with high-quality education and training. The following are some facts about the faculty and staff at Government Medical College, Sundargarh:
- Faculty: The college has a team of highly qualified and experienced faculty members who are experts in their respective fields. The faculty members hold postgraduate and doctoral degrees from reputed institutions and have a vast amount of teaching and research experience.
- Technical Staff: The college has a team of technical staff who provide support to the faculty members in conducting practical classes and research work. The technical staff members are experts in their respective fields and have the necessary skills and knowledge to operate the laboratory equipment and instruments.
- Clinical Staff: The college has a team of clinical staff who work in the hospital attached to the college. The clinical staff members include doctors, nurses, and other healthcare professionals who provide medical services to patients and help students gain practical experience in clinical settings.
Government Medical College, Sundargarh, has a highly qualified and experienced faculty and staff who are dedicated to providing students with quality education and training. Faculty and staff members are experts in their fields and have the necessary skills and knowledge to provide a supportive and nurturing environment for students to learn and grow.
Courses Offered and Intake Capacity
For Undergraduate Courses
|MBBS||4 and ½ years + 1 Year Internship||100|
|Subjects||Compulsory time duration for Internship|
|Community Medicine||Two months|
|Medicine, including 15 days of Psychiatry||Two months|
|Surgery, including 15 days of Anaesthesia||Two months|
|Obstet./Gynae. including Family Welfare Planning||Two months|
|Orthopedics including PMR||One month|
|Elective posting||15 days|
For UG course (MBBS)
|Name||Pre Clinical||Para Clinical||Clinical|
|Semester||Semester 1 – 2||Semester 3 – 5||Semester 6 – 9|
|Subjects||Biochemistry||Community Medicine||Community medicine and allied subjects (Psychiatry, Dermatology)|
|Anatomy||Forensic Medicine||Obstetrics and Gynecology|
|—||Pathology||Surgery and allied subjects|
For Under Graduate Courses
|Government Fee (A)|
|Admission Fee||Rs. 1,500/-|
|Tuition Fee||Rs. 22,000/-|
|Fee for supply of Blank Answer Books||Rs. 5,00/-|
|Total Section A Fees||Rs. 24,000/-|
|Non-Government Fee (B)|
|Security Deposit||Rs. 10,000/-|
|Students Union Fee||Rs. 1,000/-|
|Academic Society Fee||Rs. 5,00/-|
|Games Fee||Rs. 5,00/-|
|Magazine Fee||Rs. 4,00/-|
|Cultural Fee (Curtural Fee)||Rs. 4,00/-|
|Cultural Fee (Audio Visual Society Fee)||Rs. 4,00/-|
|Dramatic Society Fee||Rs. 4,00/-|
|University Athletic Fee||Rs. 65/-|
|University Cultural Fee||Rs. 40/-|
|University Migration Fee||Rs. 201/-|
|Odisha Red Cross Society||Rs. 200/-|
|Students Aid Fund||Rs. 50/-|
|Total B Section Fees||Rs. 14256/-|
|Hostel Admission Fees (C)|
|Hostel Fees (Govt.)||Rs. 3,500/-|
|Electric and Water Charges (Govt.)||Rs. 4000/-|
|Hostel Fund||Rs. 3,000/-|
|Hostel Common Room Fee||Rs.1500/-|
|Caution Money||Rs. 2,000/-|
|Total C Section Fees||Rs.14,000/-|
|Total (A+B+C) Fees||Rs. 52,256/-|
Odisha NEET Cousnelling Process 2023
Step 1: Online Registration
- Visit the official Odisha NEET Counselling website and click on the “Registration” or “Apply Now” button.
Step 2: Fill in Personal Details
- Enter your NEET 2023 Roll Number and Application Number.
- Provide your name, date of birth, gender, and contact information.
Step 3: Academic Details
- Enter details of your 10th and 12th standard education, including marks obtained and the name of the board.
- Upload scanned copies of your mark sheets and certificates.
Step 4: Document Upload
Upload all the required documents mentioned in Step 2. Make sure the documents are clear and in the specified format.
- NEET 2023 Scorecard.
- Class 10th and 12th mark sheets and certificates.
- Identity proof (Aadhar card, passport, voter ID, etc.).
- Caste certificate (if applicable).
- Domicile certificate (if applicable).
- Passport-sized photographs.
Step 5: Choice Filling
- Choose your preferred colleges and courses in order of preference. Be sure to research the colleges and courses before making your choices.
Step 6: Fee Payment
- Pay the required counselling registration fee online. Keep the payment receipt for future reference.
Step 7: Lock and Submit Choices
- After making your choices, lock and submit your preferences. Once submitted, you won’t be able to make changes, so double-check your selections.
- Step 1: Registration and Choice Filling:
- Candidates who have completed the registration process and are on the State Merit List must log in to the online portal.
- They need to submit their preferences for both the Course (MBBS/BDS) and College in order of their preference.
- Candidates must lock their choices, and if not locked, they will be automatically locked when the schedule time ends.
- Step 2: Merit-Based Allotment:
- College and course allotments are done based on the candidate’s merit in the State Merit List.
- After allotment, candidates can download their Allotment Letter.
- Step 3: Provisional Admission Reporting:
- Candidates must report in person to the Odisha Joint Entrance Examination (OJEE) office in Gandamunda, Bhubaneswar, on the specified date and time.
- They should bring all original certificates, mark sheets, and other required documents along with a prepared bond.
- Admission fees, depending on the allotted college, must be paid either online or by demand draft.
- Candidates can choose to Freeze (confirm the allotted seat) or Float (wait for further rounds) at this stage.
- They must submit their original College Leaving Certificate/School Leaving Certificate and will be issued a Provisional Admission Letter.
- Step 4: Failure to Complete Admission Process:
- Candidates who do not complete the admission process as described in point 3 will lose their allotted seat.
- Such candidates can participate in the 2nd round by submitting fresh choice preferences.
- Step 5:Repeat Process for Subsequent Rounds:
- The same procedure is repeated for the 2nd and 3rd rounds of counseling.
- Step 7: Institutional Admission:
- After the 3rd round of counseling, candidates must report to the allotted institution within the specified date.
- They need to submit a copy of the Provisional Admission Letter to complete the admission process at the institutional level.
- Step 8:Resignation and Refund:
- If a candidate resigns on or before the designated date for withdrawal, they will receive 90% of the admission fees back, with 10% deducted as processing fees.
- No resignations will be allowed after the specified date, and a financial penalty may be imposed by the State Government.
- Step 9:Vacancy Handling:
- Any remaining vacancies after the 3rd round of counseling may be filled through upgradation/sliding among existing candidates who opted for the float option.
- Step 10:Spot Counseling (Mop-Up):
- If vacancies still exist, a spot counseling (mop-up) may be conducted.
- Physical presence is mandatory for candidates in spot counseling, and no authorizations are entertained.
- Candidates admitted after the 3rd round are not eligible for spot counseling.
- Step 11:Private Institution Seats:
- Unfilled seats in private institutions after spot counseling will be returned to the respective institutions for counseling and admission based on the NEET UG 2023 merit list.
- NEET Admit Card.
- NEET Result.
- Marksheet and Secondary school certificate
- Passing certificate of class 12th and its marksheet
- Leaving certificate of school or college
- Domicile certificate for proof of living in state for not less than 10 years.
- Category certificate, if it is applicable
MCC Counseling Registration
|1||Visit MCC Official Website||Go to the official MCC Counselling 2023|
|2||Find the Registration Link||Locate and click on the “Registration” or “New Registration” link on the homepage.|
|3||Read the Instructions||Carefully read and understand the provided instructions, guidelines, and eligibility criteria.|
|4||Fill in Personal Details||Enter accurate personal information: full name, date of birth, gender, contact number, email, etc.|
|5||NEET UG Details||Provide NEET UG exam details: roll number, application number, and exam year.|
|6||Generate Login Credentials||Create a unique username and strong password for future access to the counseling portal.|
|7||Payment of Registration Fee||Pay the prescribed fee using available online payment options. Follow provided payment instructions.|
|8||Verify and Submit||Review entered information, make corrections if needed, and submit the registration form.|
|9||Confirmation and Printout||Receive a confirmation message/email upon successful submission. Print or save as PDF for records.|
|10||Keep Registration Details Secure||Safely store registration number, login credentials, and payment receipt for future reference.|
|15% AIQ/Central Universities||Rs. 1,000||Rs. 500|
|Deemed University||Rs. 5,000||Rs. 5,000|
Security Fee (Refundable)
|15% AIQ/Central Universities||Rs. 1,0000||Rs. 5,000|
|Deemed University||Rs. 2,00,000||Rs. 2,00,000|
MCC Counselling Process
MCC will be the conducting the counselling process for admission to Medical, Dental Colleges and Nursing Colleges for the AIQ, Central Institutes, University, AIMS, JIPMER , Deemed universities, AMU, BHU and etc. The Counselling will be held in Four Rounds Namely Round 1, Round 2, Round 3 and additional Round known as Stray vacancy round which will be the last round for the counselling and admission. Here’re are some details about each round given below:
- Register for Main Counseling: Visit www.mcc.nic.in and register for Round-1 by paying a Non-Refundable Registration fee and Refundable Security Deposit.
- Choice Filling and Locking: Choose your preferred institutes and courses during the specified days and lock your choices.
- Seat Allotment Round-1: Based on your choices and merit, seats will be allotted in Round-1.
- Result Publication: The Round-1 result will be published on the MCC website.
- Upload Essential Certificates: After the result is declared, upload the necessary certificates as per the guidelines.
- Physical Reporting: If allotted a seat, physically report to the allocated Medical/Dental College with original documents. Those who want to upgrade to Round-2 must report with their original documents.
- Candidates Not Allotted in Round-1: If you weren’t allotted a seat in Round-1, no need to register again. You will automatically be considered for Round-2.
- Fresh Registration for Round-2: New candidates or those who didn’t register in Round-1 must register for Round-2 by paying the fees.
- Choice Filling and Locking: Fill new choices and lock them during the specified period.
- Seat Allotment Round-2: Seats will be allotted based on your choices and merit.
- Result Publication: The Round-2 result will be published on the MCC website.
- Upload Essential Certificates: After the Round-2 result is declared, upload the necessary certificates as per the guidelines.
- Physical Reporting: If allotted a seat in Round-2, physically report to the allocated Medical/Dental College. Upgraded candidates must take relieving from Round-1 seat and join Round-2 seat.
- Candidates Not Allotted in Previous Rounds: If you were not allotted a seat in Round-1 or Round-2, no need to register again. You will be considered for Round-3.
- Fresh Registration for Round-3: New candidates or those who didn’t register in Round-1 or Round-2 must register for Round-3 by paying the fees.
- Choice Filling and Locking: Fill new choices and lock them during the specified period.
- Seat Allotment Round-3: Seats will be allotted based on your choices and merit.
- Result Publication: The Round-3 result will be published on the MCC website.
- Upload Essential Certificates: After the Round-3 result is declared, upload the necessary certificates as per the guidelines.
- Physical Reporting: If allotted a seat in Round-3, physically report to the allocated Medical/Dental College.
FINAL STRAY VACANCY ROUND:
- Fresh Registrations: Candidates must register for the Final Stray Vacancy Round.
- Elimination: Candidates with allotted seats in other rounds will be eliminated from the Stray Vacancy Round.
- Stray Vacancy Round: The AIQ Stray Vacancy Round for vacant seats will be conducted online by MCC of DGHS, MoHFW.
- Seat Allotment: Seats will be allotted based on merit in the Stray Vacancy Round.
- Joining Allotted Seat: If allotted a seat in the Stray Round, the candidate must join the allocated seat/college. Failure to join will result in debarment from NEET examination for 01 year and forfeiture of fees.
(Note: Candidates can participate in Round-2 or Round-3 directly without fresh registration if they are not allotted a seat in the previous round. Upgraded candidates cannot claim their previous round seat.)
|Age||Minimum 17 years as of December 31, 2023, with no upper age limit.|
|Nativity||Candidates must be one of the following:|
– Permanent natives of Odisha, OR
– Children of All India Civil Service officers serving in the state of Odisha cadre.
|Educational Qualifications||– Must have passed +2 Science (Intermediate or equivalent) with the following subjects individually: Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and English.|
– Minimum aggregate marks of 50% in Physics, Chemistry & Biology at +2 Science level for General Candidates (GE).
– Minimum aggregate marks of 40% for SC/ST candidates.
– Minimum aggregate marks of 45% for benchmark disability candidates (PC-GE).
– Minimum aggregate marks of 40% for Physically Challenged candidates of SC/ST category (PC-SC/ST).
|NEET UG 2023 Qualification||– Candidates must have qualified in the NEET UG 2023 exam.|
For NRI Candidate
|Eligibility Criteria for NRI Candidates||Requirements|
|Eligibility||NRI candidates who have qualified NEET UG 2023 are eligible.|
|Definition of NRI||NRI refers to children or wards of a person of Indian origin residing outside India.|
|Documents Required for NRI Candidates||NRI candidates must submit the following documents as proof of their NRI status:|
– Documents that establish the sponsorer’s NRI status, such as the sponsorer’s Passport and Visa.
– Proof of the relationship between the NRI and the candidate as per the court order of the Hon’ble Supreme Court of India in case W.P.(c) No. 689/2017 – Consortium of Deemed University in Karnataka (CODEUNIK) & Ans. Vs Union of India & Ors. dated 22-08-2017.
– An affidavit from the sponsorer, duly notarized, confirming their commitment to sponsor the entire course fee of the candidate.
– An Embassy Certificate of the Sponsorer (Certificate from the Consulate).
NEET UG Cut Off 2023
|Category||Qualifying criteria||NEET Cutoff 2022||NEET Cutoff 2023|
|UR / EWS & PH||45th Percentile||116-105||136-121|
|OBC & PH||40th Percentile||104-93||120-107|
|SC & PH||40th Percentile||104-93||120-107|
|ST & PH||40th Percentile||104-93||120-108|
Government Medical College, Sundargarh Cut-Off 2022 (State Quota)
|Rounds||First Round||Second Round||2nd Extended Round||Mop Up Round|
|UR – SG (State Govt School)||54307||542||54307||542||54307||542||–||–|
|UR – GC (Green Card) Cutoff||26436||589||30382||581||30382||581||—||—|
|UR – EX (Ex-Servicemen)||—||—||32116||578||32853||576||—||–|
|UR – PH||621914||174||540017||201||—||—||—||–|
|EWS – SG (State Govt School)||20948||600||—||—||—||—||—||—|
|EWS – GC (Green Card)||—||—||—||—||—||—||—||—|
|EWS – EX,PH||—||—||—||—||—||—||—||—|
|SC – SG (State Govt School)||106492||472||—||—||—||—||—||—|
|ST – SG (State Govt School)||—||—||—||—||—||—||—||—|
|ST – GC & EX||—||—||—||—||—||—||—||—|
Government Medical College, Sundargarh Cut-Off 2023 (AIQ Quota)
|Rounds||First Round||Second Round||Mop-Up Round||Stray Vacancy-1||Stray Vacancy-1|
Government Medical College, Sundargarh
- Address: Main Rd, Sundargarh, Odisha 770001
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: https://gmchsng.odisha.gov.in/
- Admission Helpline no : 9667542500
Ranking & Reputation
|Name of Institute||Government Medical College, Sundargarh|
NEET College Predictors
We understand the significance of choosing the right medical college for your bright future. Our website offers a variety of college predictors to ensure that you make informed decisions during the NEET counseling process.
With our NEET Score Predictor, input your NEET score, and instantly receive a personalized list of colleges where you have a higher chance of getting admitted. Our state-wise and category-based predictors further refine your options based on your preferences, giving you accurate and tailored results. we have offered you the top-of-the-class college predictors here’s the list of the college predictor for you;
- MBBS College Predictors
- BDS College Predictors
NEET Rank Predictors
NEET Rank Predictors are innovative tools designed to assist medical aspirants in estimating their All India Rank (AIR) in the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET). As one of the most competitive medical entrance exams in India, NEET plays a pivotal role in determining admission to undergraduate medical courses. NEET Rank Predictors empower students with insights into their performance, helping them set realistic goals and make informed decisions during the college selection process. Here’s the best ranks we’ve provided you with;
- MBBS Rank Predictors
- BDS Rank Predictors
Expert Admission Consultants
NEET Counselling takes pride in offering a team of highly experienced and dedicated Expert Admission Consultants who are committed to helping aspiring medical students achieve their dreams. Our consultants possess in-depth knowledge of the medical admission process and stay up-to-date with the latest developments in the field. They are well-versed in the intricacies of NEET counselling, medical college admissions, and various state-specific admission procedures. Here’s how our Expert Admission Consultants can help you with various counselling process
- MBBS Admission Consultant
- BDS Admission Consultant
Frequently Asked Questions
Q:What courses are offered at Government Medical College, Sundargarh?
A: The college provides an MBBS programme, which is a 5.5-year undergraduate medical degree programme with a one-year internship.
Q: How can I apply for admission to Government Medical College, Sundargarh?
A: The NEET entrance exam is required for admission to the MBBS programme at Government Medical College, Sundargarh. To secure a seat at the college, students must first qualify for NEET and then participate in the state-level counselling process.
Q: Is Government Medical College, Sundargarh recognized by the National Medical Commission?
A: Yes, Government Medical College, Sundargarh is recognized by National Medical Commission
Q: Does Government Medical College, Sundargarh have a hospital?
A: Yes, the Government Medical College in Sundargarh has a hospital with more than 500 beds as well as advanced diagnostic and treatment facilities. The hospital serves as a training ground for students as well as a medical facility for patients.
Q: Does Government Medical College, Sundargarh offer hostel facilities for students?
A: Yes, the Government Medical College in Sundargarh offers student housing. The hostels have modern amenities like Wi-Fi, recreation rooms, and study rooms.
Q: What are the facilities available for students at Government Medical College, Sundargarh?
A: The college has modern laboratories, lecture halls, a modern library, a hospital, hostels, sports facilities, and a cafeteria.
Q: What is the student-faculty ratio at Government Medical College, Sundargarh?
A: The student-faculty ratio at Government Medical College, Sundargarh is approximately 5:1, ensuring that students receive individual attention and guidance from their teachers.
Q: Does Government Medical College, Sundargarh offer scholarships to students?
A: Yes, the Government Medical College in Sundargarh provides financial aid to deserving and low-income students. Students from reserved categories are also given financial assistance by the college.
Q: Does Government Medical College, Sundargarh have a research facility?
A: Yes, the college supports research initiatives in a variety of medical fields through its research facility. Faculty members and students are urged to engage in research projects, and the college supports these efforts with funding and infrastructure.