Raichur Institute of Medical Sciences, founded in 2007, seek to be a center of excellence in Medical Education established as a government medical college in Karnataka. The college is commonly referred to as RIMS Raichur. It is a self-governing institute of the Karnataka government. The NMC has approved RIMS Raichur’s affiliation with Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences in Bangalore.
A supportive environment of scholarship, research, integrity, critical thinking, and self-directed learning will be provided by the institute in order to accomplish its vision of offering outstanding educational opportunities in all areas of medicine and related health sciences. It will offer complete, sensitive to cultural differences, and focused on the community healthcare to individuals and families.
Raichur Bus Stand to Raichur Institute of Medical Sciences is 4.8 kilometres away via the Raichur-Hyderabad Road. The distance between this Medical College and Raichur Railway Station is 7.0 kilometres via Hyderabad road. The journey from Rajiv Gandhi International Airport to Raichur Medical College takes more than 3 hours via Raichur Rd and the Srinagar-Kanyakumari Highway.
|Name of Institute||Raichur Institute of Medical Sciences|
|Popular Name||RIMS, Raichur, Raichur Medical College|
|Year of Establishment||2007|
|Affiliated to||Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences|
|Approved by||National Medical Commission (NMC)|
|Counselling Conducting Authority||Karnataka Education Authority (KEA)|
|Hostel Facilities||Yes (Male and Female)|
|Entrance Exam for UG Courses||NEET UG Exam|
|Entrance Exam for PG Courses||NEET PG Exam|
|Category||Medical Colleges in Karnataka|
|Contact||Address: Hyderabad Road, Raichur, Karnataka 584102|
Admission Helpline Number : 9667542500
Affiliation, Recognition and Aid Status
- Affiliated with: Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences
- Approved by: National Medical Commission (NMC).
- Aid Status: Govt.
Facilities and Infrastructure
The Raichur Institute of Medical Sciences (RIMS) is a prominent medical institution located in Raichur, Karnataka, dedicated to providing quality healthcare education and services. RIMS boasts a well-developed infrastructure and a range of facilities that are essential for enriching the educational and healthcare experiences of its students, faculty, and patients. Here’s an overview of the facilities and infrastructure at RIMS:
- Lecture Halls: RIMS features modern lecture halls equipped with advanced audio-visual aids to facilitate effective teaching and learning.
- Library: The institution’s library is a valuable resource for medical literature, journals, and research materials. It offers a conducive environment for students and researchers to study and access a wide array of medical resources.
- Laboratories: RIMS provides well-maintained and fully equipped laboratories for various disciplines, including Anatomy, Physiology, Biochemistry, Pathology, Microbiology, and others. These laboratories enable students to gain practical experience and conduct research.
- Auditorium: The spacious auditorium serves as a venue for conferences, seminars, and cultural events, providing a platform for academic and extracurricular activities.
- Teaching Hospital: RIMS operates a teaching hospital that offers comprehensive healthcare services to the community. The hospital includes various departments such as General Medicine, Surgery, Obstetrics and Gynecology, Pediatrics, and more.
- Specialized Units: The hospital is equipped with specialized units like Intensive Care Units (ICUs), Neonatal Intensive Care Units (NICU), and Cardiac Care Units (CCU) to provide critical care services.
- Diagnostic Services: RIMS offers modern diagnostic facilities, including radiology, pathology, and imaging services, ensuring accurate diagnosis and treatment.
Infrastructure and Campus Facilities:
- Hostel Accommodations: RIMS provides separate hostel facilities for male and female students. These hostels are equipped with basic amenities, ensuring a comfortable living environment.
- Cafeteria: The institution has a cafeteria that offers a variety of nutritious meals and snacks, catering to the dietary needs of students, staff, and patients.
- Sports and Recreation: The campus features sports grounds and a gymnasium to promote physical fitness and well-being among students and staff.
- Transportation Services: RIMS offers transportation services for the convenience of students and staff, facilitating easy access to the campus and hospital.
- Security Measures: The institution ensures the safety of its occupants through round-the-clock security personnel and surveillance systems.
- Research Facilities: RIMS encourages medical research and provides dedicated research facilities to support faculty and student research endeavors.
Faculty And Staff
Faculty and staff are the essential pillars of any educational institution, and the Raichur Institute of Medical Sciences (RIMS) is no exception. RIMS is proud to have a dedicated and skilled team of faculty and staff members who play crucial roles in shaping the institution’s academic excellence and healthcare services. Here’s an overview of the faculty and staff at RIMS:
- Professors: These highly qualified and experienced educators lead academic departments. They are responsible for teaching, conducting research, and guiding students.
- Associate Professors and Assistant Professors: These faculty members support the professors in teaching, research, and mentoring students. They often specialize in specific medical fields.
- Clinical Instructors: Clinical instructors play a vital role in providing practical training to medical students during their clinical rotations in the hospital. They ensure students gain hands-on experience in patient care.
- Administrative Staff: Administrative staff members handle various administrative tasks, including admissions, record-keeping, scheduling, and managing day-to-day operations.
- Hospital Staff: The hospital at RIMS employs a diverse range of healthcare professionals, including doctors, nurses, pharmacists, lab technicians, and support staff. They work together to provide quality healthcare services to patients.
- Librarians: Librarians manage the medical library, assisting students and faculty in accessing resources and maintaining the library’s extensive collection of medical literature.
- Technical Staff: Technical staff members support laboratory and research activities by maintaining equipment, assisting with experiments, and ensuring safety protocols are followed.
- Security Personnel: Security personnel ensure the safety of students, faculty, staff, and patients across the campus and hospital.
- Maintenance and Housekeeping: Maintenance and housekeeping staff members are responsible for keeping the campus, hostels, and hospital facilities clean, safe, and well-maintained.
- Counselors: RIMS may have counselors who provide emotional and academic support to students, helping them navigate the challenges of medical education.
- Career Advisors: Career advisors guide students in choosing their medical specialties and provide insights into future career prospects.
- Research Coordinators: These professionals assist faculty and students in planning and conducting research projects.
- IT and Technical Support: IT personnel ensure that the institution’s technological infrastructure is up-to-date and functional, facilitating online learning and administrative tasks.
Course Offered and Seat Intake
|Course Name||Total Seat||Duration|
|MBBS||150||5.5 [4.5+1 Year Internship]|
|MD – Forensic Medicine/Forensic Medicine & Toxicology||2|
|MD – Physiology||2|
|MD – Microbiology||2|
|MD – Social & Preventive Medicine / Community Medicine||1|
|MD – Pharmacology||1|
|MD – Bio-Chemistry||2|
|Subjects||Compulsory time duration for Internship|
|Community Medicine||Two months|
|Medicine, including 15 days of Psychiatry||Two months|
|Surgery, including 15 days of Anaesthesia||Two months|
|Obstet./Gynae. including Family Welfare Planning||Two months|
|Orthopedics including PMR||15 days|
|Elective posting||15 days|
For UG course (MBBS)
|Name||Pre Clinical||Para Clinical||Clinical|
|Semester||Semester 1 – 2||Semester 3 – 5||Semester 6 – 9|
|Subjects||Biochemistry||Community Medicine||Community medicine and allied subjects (Psychiatry, Dermatology)|
|Anatomy||Forensic Medicine||Obstetrics and Gynecology|
|—||Pathology||Surgery and allied subjects|
|Course||Annual Tuition Fees|
|For State Quota seats||Rs.59,850/-|
|For AIQ Quota Seats||Rs. 68,450/-|
Karnataka NEET Counselling 2023
Step 1: Online Registration
- Begin the registration process by accessing the website http://kea.kar.nic.in.
- Select “UGNEET-2023 Online Registration” to enter your details online.
Step 2: User Login
- Log in using your USER ID and Password.
- Enter your details step by step, ensuring accuracy and completeness.
Step 3: Upload Documents
- Upload scanned copies of the following documents separately in JPG/JPEG format:
- Recent passport-sized color photograph
- Left-hand thumb impression
Step 4: Draft Print and Verification
Before selecting the declaration, take a draft print of your application form.
- Carefully check and verify all the entered information for accuracy.
- Make any necessary changes if required.
- If all details are correct, select the declaration.
Step 5: Payment
- Proceed to pay the required fees following the payment gateway procedures provided.
Step 6: Application Form Printout
- After successful payment, take a printout of the application form on A-4 size paper.
- This printed copy should be produced during document verification.
|(for Karnataka SC/ST/Cat-1/PWD/GM/2A/2B/3A/3B candidates)||Rs. 500/-|
|Non-Karnataka candidates||Rs. 2,500/-|
|(for NRI Ward/NRI/OCI/PIO/Foreign Nationals candidates)||Rs. 5,500/-|
Step 1: Online Registration
- Visit the website kea.kar.nic.in.
- Select “UGNEET-2023 Online Registration.”
- Use your USER ID and Password to log in.
- Enter your details accurately.
- Upload a recent passport-size color photograph, signature, and left-hand thumb impression in JPG/JPEG format.
- Before confirming, review your application and make necessary changes.
- If everything is correct, select the declaration.
- Follow the provided payment gateway procedures to pay the fees.
- Print the application form on A-4 size paper.
- This printed copy is required for document verification.
Step 2: Document Verification
- Candidates who haven’t verified their documents must register online and complete this process.
- If you’ve already verified your documents for UGCET-2023 and don’t require additional reservations, you don’t need to verify again for Medical/Dental/AYURVEDA/UNANI/HOMEOPATHY courses. Just download the UGNEET-2023 Verification slip.
- If you’re eligible for additional reservations, ensure you claim them during online application and verify with relevant certificates.
Step 3: Course and College Choices
- Enter your course and college choices online based on seat availability.
- You can enter as many options as you want but prioritize them carefully.
- After entering options, a mock allotment will be done. It’s indicative and helps you revise your choices.
Step 4: Mock Allotment
- Review the results of the mock allotment, which shows where you might be allocated based on your preferences.
- Consider changing or retaining the entered options based on the mock allotment results.
Step 5: Finalize Options
- Verify your allotted seat status on the KEA website and modify options if needed.
- Continue to update your options until the last date for real allotment.
Step 6: Allotment Process
The allotment of seats will be conducted in two rounds, with each round having three phases.
First Round of Seat Allotment:
- Allotment is based on merit and priority of options entered by candidates.
- Special Category seats (Persons with disability, NCC, Sports Category) are allotted first.
- Seats are allocated according to the reservation policy.
- General Merit candidates are considered only in the General Merit quota, following the rank list.
- Reserved Kannada Medium and Rural Category candidates may also be allotted in their respective categories.
- Hyderabad-Karnataka reservation is considered.
- Special Category candidates like Defense, Ex-defense, CAPF, Ex-CAPF are allotted based on ranks and available seats.
- The first phase of allotment may involve multiple iterations until seats are filled or ranks exhausted.
Second Round of Allotment:
- Seats are allotted in the same manner as the first round.
- Unfilled seats in Rural and Kannada medium quota of reserved categories are converted to General category and offered to reserved category candidates.
- Only reserved category candidates are considered in this phase, and GM candidates are not.
- Consequential vacancies are considered.
Third Round of Allotment:
- Seats are allocated in the same order as previous rounds.
- Unfilled seats in various reserved General categories are converted to General Merit and offered to GM candidates.
- Consequential Rural and Kannada medium reserved category seats are considered.
- The order of seat allotment remains the same, and the process continues until no changes occur.
Step 7: Reporting to Colleges
- After the seat allotment in the final round, candidates who have been allotted seats need to report to the respective colleges they’ve been allocated.
The reporting process involves the following:
Step 8: Document Verification:
- Candidates must carry all necessary documents for verification, including educational certificates, identification, and allotment-related documents.
- The college authorities will verify your documents to ensure eligibility and compliance with admission criteria.
Step 9: Payment of Fees:
- Candidates are required to pay the prescribed fees as per the college’s fee structure.
- Ensure you understand the payment schedule and deadlines to avoid any issues.
Step 10: Confirmation of Admission:
- Once the documents are verified, and fees are paid, the college will confirm your admission.
- You may receive an admission letter or receipt as proof of your admission status.
Step 11: Seat Confirmation and Vacant Seats:
- If any candidates do not report to the allocated colleges within the specified timeframe, their seats may be considered vacant.
- SSLC/10th standard mark Sheet
- 2nd PUC/12th standard mark Sheet
- Final print out of online application form
- Original copy of chalan for having paid the registration fees
- NEET admission ticket
- Study certificate issued by school
- NEET Rank letter
- Two recent passport size photogrraphs
- Migration Certificate (Those who are studied under other than PU Board, Karnataka)
- Eligibility Certificate (Those who are studied under other than PU Board, Karnataka)
- Adhaar Card
MCC Counseling Registration
|1||Visit MCC Official Website||Go to the official MCC Counselling 2023|
|2||Find the Registration Link||Locate and click on the “Registration” or “New Registration” link on the homepage.|
|3||Read the Instructions||Carefully read and understand the provided instructions, guidelines, and eligibility criteria.|
|4||Fill in Personal Details||Enter accurate personal information: full name, date of birth, gender, contact number, email, etc.|
|5||NEET UG Details||Provide NEET UG exam details: roll number, application number, and exam year.|
|6||Generate Login Credentials||Create a unique username and strong password for future access to the counseling portal.|
|7||Payment of Registration Fee||Pay the prescribed fee using available online payment options. Follow provided payment instructions.|
|8||Verify and Submit||Review entered information, make corrections if needed, and submit the registration form.|
|9||Confirmation and Printout||Receive a confirmation message/email upon successful submission. Print or save as PDF for records.|
|10||Keep Registration Details Secure||Safely store registration number, login credentials, and payment receipt for future reference.|
|15% AIQ/Central Universities||Rs. 1,000||Rs. 500|
|Deemed University||Rs. 5,000||Rs. 5,000|
Security Fee (Refundable)
|15% AIQ/Central Universities||Rs. 1,0000||Rs. 5,000|
|Deemed University||Rs. 2,00,000||Rs. 2,00,000|
MCC Counselling Process
MCC will be the conducting the counselling process for admission to Medical, Dental Colleges and Nursing Colleges for the AIQ, Central Institutes, University, AIMS, JIPMER , Deemed universities, AMU, BHU and etc. The Counselling will be held in Four Rounds Namely Round 1, Round 2, Round 3 and additional Round known as Stray vacancy round which will be the last round for the counselling and admission. Here’re are some details about each round given below:
- Register for Main Counseling: Visit www.mcc.nic.in and register for Round-1 by paying a Non-Refundable Registration fee and Refundable Security Deposit.
- Choice Filling and Locking: Choose your preferred institutes and courses during the specified days and lock your choices.
- Seat Allotment Round-1: Based on your choices and merit, seats will be allotted in Round-1.
- Result Publication: The Round-1 result will be published on the MCC website.
- Upload Essential Certificates: After the result is declared, upload the necessary certificates as per the guidelines.
- Physical Reporting: If allotted a seat, physically report to the allocated Medical/Dental College with original documents. Those who want to upgrade to Round-2 must report with their original documents.
- Candidates Not Allotted in Round-1: If you weren’t allotted a seat in Round-1, no need to register again. You will automatically be considered for Round-2.
- Fresh Registration for Round-2: New candidates or those who didn’t register in Round-1 must register for Round-2 by paying the fees.
- Choice Filling and Locking: Fill new choices and lock them during the specified period.
- Seat Allotment Round-2: Seats will be allotted based on your choices and merit.
- Result Publication: The Round-2 result will be published on the MCC website.
- Upload Essential Certificates: After the Round-2 result is declared, upload the necessary certificates as per the guidelines.
- Physical Reporting: If allotted a seat in Round-2, physically report to the allocated Medical/Dental College. Upgraded candidates must take relieving from Round-1 seat and join Round-2 seat.
- Candidates Not Allotted in Previous Rounds: If you were not allotted a seat in Round-1 or Round-2, no need to register again. You will be considered for Round-3.
- Fresh Registration for Round-3: New candidates or those who didn’t register in Round-1 or Round-2 must register for Round-3 by paying the fees.
- Choice Filling and Locking: Fill new choices and lock them during the specified period.
- Seat Allotment Round-3: Seats will be allotted based on your choices and merit.
- Result Publication: The Round-3 result will be published on the MCC website.
- Upload Essential Certificates: After the Round-3 result is declared, upload the necessary certificates as per the guidelines.
- Physical Reporting: If allotted a seat in Round-3, physically report to the allocated Medical/Dental College.
FINAL STRAY VACANCY ROUND:
- Fresh Registrations: Candidates must register for the Final Stray Vacancy Round.
- Elimination: Candidates with allotted seats in other rounds will be eliminated from the Stray Vacancy Round.
- Stray Vacancy Round: The AIQ Stray Vacancy Round for vacant seats will be conducted online by MCC of DGHS, MoHFW.
- Seat Allotment: Seats will be allotted based on merit in the Stray Vacancy Round.
- Joining Allotted Seat: If allotted a seat in the Stray Round, the candidate must join the allocated seat/college. Failure to join will result in debarment from NEET examination for 01 year and forfeiture of fees.
(Note: Candidates can participate in Round-2 or Round-3 directly without fresh registration if they are not allotted a seat in the previous round. Upgraded candidates cannot claim their previous round seat.)
|Qualify Exam||NEET conducted By NTA|
|Nationality||Applicants must be Indian citizens. NRI candidates with Indian passports are also eligible to apply. Under the NRI Category, overseas citizens of India (OCI) and Persons of Indian origin (PIO) are eligible to apply.|
|Age Limit||17 years old (as of December 31). The upper age limit for General category candidates is 25 years, while for SC/ST/OBC candidates, it is 30 years.|
|Qualification||Candidates must have passed the 10+2 or equivalent examination with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology, and English as compulsory subjects.|
|Qualifying Marks||They must have obtained a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate (for General category candidates) and 40% marks in aggregate (for SC/ST/OBC candidates) in the qualifying examination.|
NEET UG Cut Off 2023
|Category||Qualifying criteria||NEET Cutoff 2022||NEET Cutoff 2023|
|UR / EWS & PH||45th Percentile||116-105||136-121|
|OBC & PH||40th Percentile||104-93||120-107|
|SC & PH||40th Percentile||104-93||120-107|
|ST & PH||40th Percentile||104-93||120-108|
Eligibility Criteria For Post-Graduate courses
|Entrance Exam:||NEET PG Exam|
|Age||No age restrictions|
|Internship||Mandatory experience of 1-year internship after MBBS course|
|Qualification||Candidates must have an MBBS degree from a recognized educational institute or Equivalent Graduate degree. Candidates must have secured a minimum of 50% aggregate marks to sit for the Exam PG exam, qualifying via which they will get admission to PG courses|
NEET PG Cut-Off 2023
|Categories||Cut off percentile 2023||Cutoff marks 2023|
Raichur Institute of Medical Sciences, Raichur Cut-Off 2022 (State Quota)
|Rounds||Round 1||Round 2|
|Category||All India Rank||Marks||All India Rank||Marks|
Raichur Institute of Medical Sciences, Raichur Cut-Off 2022 (AIQ Quota)
|Rounds||First Round||Second Round||Mop-Up Round||Stray Vacancy-1||Stray Vacancy-1|
Raichur Institute of Medical Sciences, Raichur
- Address: Hyderabad Road, Raichur, Karnataka 584102
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Admission Helpline Number : 9667542500
- Official Website: www.rims-raichur.com
Ranking & Reputation
|Name of Institute||Raichur Institute of Medical Sciences Raichur|
NEET College Predictors
We understand the significance of choosing the right medical college for your bright future. Our website offers a variety of college predictors to ensure that you make informed decisions during the NEET counseling process.
With our NEET Score Predictor, input your NEET score, and instantly receive a personalized list of colleges where you have a higher chance of getting admitted. Our state-wise and category-based predictors further refine your options based on your preferences, giving you accurate and tailored results. we have offered you the top-of-the-class college predictors here’s the list of the college predictor for you;
- MBBS College Predictors
- BDS College Predictors
NEET Rank Predictors
NEET Rank Predictors are innovative tools designed to assist medical aspirants in estimating their All India Rank (AIR) in the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET). As one of the most competitive medical entrance exams in India, NEET plays a pivotal role in determining admission to undergraduate medical courses. NEET Rank Predictors empower students with insights into their performance, helping them set realistic goals and make informed decisions during the college selection process. Here’s the best ranks we’ve provided you with;
- MBBS Rank Predictors
- BDS Rank Predictors
Expert Admission Consultants
NEET Counselling takes pride in offering a team of highly experienced and dedicated Expert Admission Consultants who are committed to helping aspiring medical students achieve their dreams. Our consultants possess in-depth knowledge of the medical admission process and stay up-to-date with the latest developments in the field. They are well-versed in the intricacies of NEET counselling, medical college admissions, and various state-specific admission procedures. Here’s how our Expert Admission Consultants can help you with various counselling process
- MBBS Admission Consultant
- BDS Admission Consultant
Frequently Asked Question
Q. What is the official website for Raichur Institute of Medical Sciences?
A. The official website of Raichur Institute of Medical Sciences is http://rims-raichur.com/
Q. How many seats are there for Medical aspirants at Raichur Institute of Medical Sciences?
A. There are 150 seats available for MBBS students at Raichur Institute of Medical Sciences.
Q. What are the admission requirements for medical programmes in RIMS, Raichur?
A. Students must perform well on the NEET exam in order to be admitted to the RIMS, Raichur.
Q. Is RIMS, Raichur a govt. or private medical college?
A. RIMS, Raichur is a govt./ public medical college.
Q. What is the location of Raichur Medical College?
A. The address of Raichur Medical College is Hyderabad Road, Raichur, Karnataka 584102.
Q. When was Raichur Medical College launched?
A. Raichur Medical College was launched in the year of 2007.
Q: Is there an age restriction for admission to Raichur Medical College?
A. Yes, candidates must be 17 years old as of December 31st of the year of admission.
Q. How do eligible qualifying criteria for MBBS at Raichur Medical College?
A. Candidates must have a decent NEET UG rank and a minimum aggregate of 50% in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology as compulsory subjects.