Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research (PGIMER) is an Indian public medical university located in Chandigarh. PGIMER, Chandigarh was conceived in 1960 as a centre of excellence dedicated to developing patterns of teaching in postgraduate medical education in as many branches as possible and producing specialists in a variety of medical disciplines.
The institute was founded in 1962, and Pt Jawahar Lal Nehru dedicated the hospital, now known as “Nehru Hospital,” on July 7, 1963. Originally, the Institute was administered by the Government of undivided Punjab. In November 1966, following the reorganisation of the state, administrative control of the institute was transferred to the Union Territory of Chandigarh. In 1967, an Act of Parliament established the Institute as an autonomous body under the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India, with the following mandate.
It was also envisioned that these specialists would disperse throughout the country in various medical colleges and medical institutions, imparting high-quality medical education to students and establishing nuclei of excellence in their respective institutions. The PGIMER was also tasked with broadening the horizons of medical knowledge through intensive health research. Admission to PGIMER’s postdoctoral and postgraduate programmes is made twice a year. The sessions begin in January and end in July.
- 1 Highlights
- 2 Facilities
- 3 Faculty & Staff
- 4 Courses Offered And Seat Intake
- 5 Course syllabus
- 6 Fees Structure
- 7 Contact Details
- 8 Eligibility For PG Course
- 9 NEET PG Cut Off
- 10 Chandigarh NEET Counselling Procedure
- 11 Assam NEET Counselling Fee Structure
- 12 Documents Required
- 13 FAQ’s
- 13.1 Q. Where is Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research, Chandigarh located?
- 13.2 Q. How many seats are there in Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research, Chandigarh?
- 13.3 Q. Does PGIMER offers MBBS Course?
- 13.4 Q. What is the fees of MD/MS in PGIMER, Chandigarh?
- 13.5 Q. PGIMER, Chandigarh is affiliated with which university?
- 13.6 Q. What is the official website of PGIMER?
|Name of Institute||Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research (PGIMER), Chandigarh|
|Popular Name||PGIMER Chandigarh|
|Year of Establishment||1962|
|Approved by||National Medical Commission|
|Hostel Facilities||Yes (Male and Female)|
|Entrance Exam for UG Course||NEET UG Exam|
|Entrance Exam for PG Course||NEET PG Exam|
|Courses||UG – MBBS, PG – MD/MS, DM|
|Category||Medical Colleges in Chandigarh|
|Contact||Address: PGIMER, Sector-12, Chandigarh, Pin- 160012, India |
Admission Helpline Number: 9667542500
Affiliation, Recognition, and Aid Status
Affiliated with: Autonomous
Approved by: National Medical Commission (NMC)
Aid Status: Government
- Blood Bank
- Anti Ragging Facility
- Seminar Hall
- Student Union
- Computer Labs
Faculty & Staff
This college has a high proportion of well-trained and highly educated faculty members who are equipped with cutting-edge technology. It also provides enough non-technical staff to foster a self-learning environment for the students. Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research (PGIMER) faculty members who are responsible for contributing to and maintaining the institution’s medical education standards. All campus faculty adhere to the policies listed below.
- Reduce inconsistency in value-based practises.
- Provide more rational and practical behaviour in relation to the subject being taught.
- Increasing emphasis on continuing education.
- To encourage the effective use of available resources.
- To serve as the focal point for quality control, including auditing.
- To identify shortcomings in existing literature and make recommendations for future research.
Courses Offered And Seat Intake
Entrance tests are held by All India and state level selection bodies. Postgraduate courses duration are for three years. The NMC has granted permission to open PG courses in the following subjects.
|Dermatology, Venereology & Leprology|
|Obstetrics and Gynaecology|
|Master in Public Health (MPH)||2 Year|
|Name||Pre Clinical||Para Clinical||Clinical|
|Semester||Semester 1 – 2||Semester 3 – 5||Semester 6 – 9|
|Subjects||Biochemistry||Community Medicine||Community medicine and allied subjects (Psychiatry, Dermatology)|
|Anatomy||Forensic Medicine||Obstetrics and Gynecology|
|—||Pathology||Surgery and allied subjects|
Fee Structure For PG – MD/MS Course
NOTE: The above-shared fees can vary from the actual fees and are subject to change. To know the exact fee structure, candidates can connect with a counseling expert at the Admission Helpline No. 9667542500.
Postgraduate Institute Of Medical Education and Research, Chandigarh
Address: PGIMER, Sector-12, Chandigarh, Pin- 160012, India
Admission Helpline no: 9667542500
Ranking & Reputation
|Name of Institute||Postgraduate Institute Of Medical Education and Research, Chandigarh|
Eligibility For PG Course
|Entrance Exam||NEET PG Exam|
|Age||No age restrictions|
|Internship||Mandatory experience of 1-year internship after MBBS course|
|Qualification||Candidates must have an MBBS degree from a recognized educational institute or Equivalent Graduate degreeCandidates must have secured a minimum of 50% aggregate marks to sit for the Exam PG exam, qualifying via which they will get admission to PG courses|
NEET PG Cut Off
|Categories||Cut off percentile||Cutoff marks|
Chandigarh NEET Counselling Procedure
Candidates can apply for admission to GMCH online by following the steps outlined below:
- Fill out the online application form at the GMCH, Chandiagarh’s official website http://gmch.gov.in/.
- Candidates must pay the application fee either online or by demand draft made payable to “Director Principal, Govt. Medical College & Hospital, Sector 32 B Chandigarh.”
- Fill out the application form with the necessary information and print it out.
- Submit the form to the college, along with the required fee and photocopies of the necessary documents, at the following address:
- Sections of the diary and dispatch, Level II, Room No. 228-A. GMCH-32, Block-A, Chandigarh
- Candidates who have been located on the merit list must come to the college on the dates assigned to them with all their original documents for verification.
After every round of counseling, the seat allotment result will be declared. The NEET counseling results, released in the form of the seat allotment list and seat allotment letter, will release the seats allotted to the candidates. Candidates can check their name, roll number, allotted category, candidates’ category, allotted college, quota, and course in the NEET seat allotment list. The seat allotment letter is an important document that needs to be submitted at the time of reporting to the allotted college along with other mandatory documents.
Reporting to the Allotted College
Candidates should report to the allotted college to complete the admission formalities. At the time of reporting to the allotted college, candidates must submit the original copy of the mandatory document.
MCC 15 % AIQ Quota
The Medical Counselling Committee (MCC) is the authorized body to conduct counseling for the National Eligibility Cumulative Entrance Test, (NEET) for qualified applicants. The MCC/DGHS will conduct counseling for 15% AIQ, 100% Deemed Universities, Central Universities (Delhi University, AMU, and BHU including Institutional/Domicile Quota), ESIC, AFMC (only Registration Part), and I.P. University (VMMC & SJH AND ABVIMS & RML& ESIC Dental, Delhi (15% AIQ + 85% Institutional Quota), 100% AIIMS, 100% JIPMER, and B. (only 08 Central Institutes).
MCC NEET Counselling Registration:
MCC will hold four rounds of NEET-UG counseling for AIQ, including a mop-up round and a stray vacancy round. Following the completion of Round 2, the MCC will fill the remaining seats in a mop-up round and a stray vacancy round. The following steps must be taken:
Step 1: To apply for NEET UG counseling, go to the Medical Counselling Committee’s website, mcc.nic.in.
Step 2: Then, on the homepage, select UG Medical Counselling.
Step 3: On the screen, look for the NEET UG Counselling registration link and click on it.
Step 4: Fill out the required information and register on the MCC website.
Step 5: Fill out the NEET UG Counselling application form after logging in.
Step 6: After that, upload the required documents, pay the NEET UG Counselling registration fee, and submit the form.
Step 7: Then complete the NEET counseling Choice Locking Process.
Step 8: Check your college admission status after the NEET UG seat allotment result is released.
Step 9: Then, with all of the required documentation, go to the designated medical college for admission.
Assam NEET Counselling Fee Structure
Non-Refundable Registration Fee
|15% AIQ/ Central Universities||Fee|
|All Categories||INR 5,000|
Refundable Tuition Fee
|15% AIQ/ Central Universities|
|All Categories||INR 2,00,000|
For PG Course
- MBBS Certificate.
- MBBS 3rd Part II mark sheet.
- Medical Registration Certificate.
- Internship Completion Certificate.
- Photo identity proof in the form of a Certificate with an attested photo from the Head of Institution last studied/Copy of Passport/Aadhar Card/PAN Card/Driving License (Self-attested photocopy after verifying with the original documents).
- Copy of: Birth Certificate for proof of age (if the date of birth is not given in the HSC mark sheet/ certificate).
- NEET Score Card.
- Copy of Online Counselling Registration Certificate.
- Sponsorship Certificate from State Govt. If applicable.
- Passport size Photographs 8 copies.
Q. Where is Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research, Chandigarh located?
Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research, Chandigarh is located at PGIMER, Sector-12, Chandigarh, Pin- 160012, India
Q. How many seats are there in Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research, Chandigarh?
A. Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research, Chandigarh offers MD/MS course with an intake capacity of 160 seats.
Q. Does PGIMER offers MBBS Course?
A. PGIMER does not offer MBBS Course, institute offers MD/MS, DM and Diploma courses.
Q. What is the fees of MD/MS in PGIMER, Chandigarh?
MD and MS Course fees in PGIMER, Chandigarh is Rs. 3380 and Rs. 3500 respectively.
Q. PGIMER, Chandigarh is affiliated with which university?
A. PGIMER is an autonomous Institute and have an approval of National Medical Commission.
Q. What is the official website of PGIMER?
A. The official website of PGIMER is https://pgimer.edu.in/