Government Medical College Patiala, established in 1953, is committed to providing the community with world-class medical education and outstanding healthcare services with the utmost integrity and compassion towards needy and underprivileged sections of the community. The college is affiliated with the Baba Farid University of Health Sciences, Faridkot, and has received recognition from the National Medical Commission, New Delhi.
The college has provided students with the best infrastructure, contributing to a serene environment that includes all the necessary facilities accessible for students to get acquainted with the college environment in order to excel in the professional as well as personal aspects of their careers.
|Name of Institute||Government Medical College, Patiala|
|Popular Name||Government Medical College, Patiala|
|Year of Establishment||1953|
|Affiliated to||Baba Farid University of Health Sciences, Faridkot|
|Approved by||National Medical Commission|
|Hostel Facilities||Yes (Male and Female)|
|Entrance Exam for UG courses||NEET UG Exam|
|Course||UG-MBBS and PG- MD/ MS|
|Category||Medical Colleges in Punjab|
|Contact||Address: Sangrur Road, Opposite Rajindra Hospital, Patiala, Punjab 147001|
Email ID : firstname.lastname@example.org
Admission Helpline Number : 9667542500
Affiliation, Recognition, and Aid Status
Affiliated with: Baba Farid University of Health Sciences, Faridkot
Approved by: National Medical Commission, New Delhi
Aid Status: Government
- play groundsl
- I.T. Cell
- Computer labs
Faculty and Staff
Faculty and Staff As faculty, they are responsible for maintaining and improving the quality of medical education at the Government Medical College, Patiala. All campus faculty adhere to the following policies, which are applicable:
- College faculty are well-trained and experienced individuals with extensive knowledge of the Medical field who are always willing to indulge and prepare students for their professional careers.
- The college faculty is always encouraging students to take on new challenges, giving them the insights they need to improve on both a personal and professional level.
- In addition to faculty members, the institute has a non-technical staff that provides a healthy learning environment for students to grow into professional candidates for their future endeavors.
- Faculties are always keen on the practical and sensible approach to the subject when teaching specific material. Furthermore, the faculty places a greater emphasis on ongoing education in order to promote the efficient use of existing resources.
Courses Offered And Seat Intake
For Undergraduate Courses
|MBBS||4 and ½ years + 1 Year Internship||200|
For Postraduate Courses
|MD General Medicine||3 Years||12|
|MD Physiology||3 Years||6|
|MD Social & Preventive Medicine||3 Years||2|
|MD Ophthalmology||3 Years||6|
|MD Paediatrics||3 Years||7|
|MD Pathology||3 Years||11|
|MD Microbiology||3 Years||1|
|MD Dermatology & Venerology||3 Years||5|
|MD Obst. & Gynaecology||3 Years||12|
|MD Anaesthesia||3 Years||7|
|MD Psychiatry||3 Years||3|
|MD Pharmacology||3 Years||5|
|MD Biochemistry||3 Years||4|
|MD Forensic Medicine||3 Years||3|
|MS General Surgery||3 Years||18|
|MS Orthopaedics||3 Years||8|
|MS E.N.T.||3 Years||7|
|MS Anatomy||3 Years||7|
|MD TB & Respiratory Diseases||3 Years||5|
|MD Radio diagnosis||3 Years||9|
For UG course (MBBS)
|Name||Pre Clinical||Para Clinical||Clinical|
|Semester||Semester 1 – 2||Semester 3 – 5||Semester 6 – 9|
|Subjects||Biochemistry||Community Medicine||Community medicine and allied subjects (Psychiatry, Dermatology)|
|Anatomy||Forensic Medicine||Obstetrics and Gynecology|
|—||Pathology||Surgery and allied subjects|
|Subjects||Compulsory time duration for Internship|
|Community Medicine||Two months|
|Medicine, including 15 days of Psychiatry||Two months|
|Surgery, including 15 days of Anaesthesia||Two months|
|Obstet./Gynae. including Family Welfare Planning||Two months|
|Orthopedics including PMR||One month|
|Elective posting||15 days|
For Undergraduate courses
For Post graduate courses
|Rs. 1,25,000/-||Rs. 1,00,,000/|
NOTE: The above-shared fees can vary from the actual fees and are subject to change. To know the exact fee structure, candidates can connect with a counseling expert at the Admission Helpline No. 9667542500
Government Medical College, Patiala
- Address : Sangrur Road, Opposite Rajindra Hospital, Patiala, Punjab 147001
- Admission Helpline no : 9667542500
- Email ID: email@example.com
- Website: https://gmcpatiala.edu.in/
Ranking & Reputation
|Name of Institute||Government Medical College, Patiala|
For Under-Graduate courses
|Qualify Exam||NEET conducted By NTA|
|Nationality||Applicants must be Indian citizens.NRI candidates with Indian passports are also eligible to apply. Under the NRI Category, Overseas Citizens of India (OCI) and Persons of Indian Origin (PIO) are eligible to apply.|
|Age Limit||17 years old (as on December 31, ). In addition, the candidate’s maximum age should be 25 years.|
|Qualification||The candidate must have passed from a recognized board/institute with a Class 12 credential or equivalent. In addition, the qualifying test should include Biology, Chemistry, English, and Physics as core subjects.A minimum of 50% is required for the general category, 40% for SC/ST, and 45% for Physically Disabled candidates.Candidates must have studied English as one of their subjects and have passed the four subjects listed above individually.|
|Domicile||Candidates must be Punjab State residents. They must have completed the last two years of their education in a Punjab institution. Wards of government, state, defense, and military personnel are also eligible. Candidates who apply under the NRI quota are also eligible.|
|Category||Qualifying Marks||Percentile Criteria|
|General/EWS & PH Category||116-105||45th Percentile|
|SC/BC & PH Category||104-93||40th Percentile|
For Post-Graduate courses
|Entrance Exam:||NEET PG Exam|
|Age||No age restrictions|
|Internship||Mandatory experience of 1-year internship after MBBS course|
|Qualification||Candidates must have an MBBS degree from a recognized educational institute or Equivalent Graduate degreeCandidates must have secured a minimum of 50% aggregate marks to sit for the Exam PG exam, qualifying via which they will get admission to PG courses|
NEET PG Cut-Off
|Categories||Cut off percentile||Cutoff marks|
|Round||2020Cut-off by rank||2021Cut-off by rank||2022Cut-off by rank|
|Round||2019Cut-off by rank||2021Cut-off by rank||2022Cut-off by rank|
|Round||2020Cut-off by rank||2021Cut-off by rank||2022Cut-off by rank|
|Round||2019Cut-off by rank||2020Cut-off by rank|
|Round||2020Cut-off by rank|
Punjab NEET Counselling Process
Candidates must register for Punjab NEET counselling to be considered for admission to 85% state quota seats in MBBS and BDS. Punjab MBBS & BDS Admissions application forms are now available. After, the submission of the Punjab NEET counselling application form and fee, a state merit list containing the names of shortlisted candidates will be released.
- Candidates must register on the official website for Punjab NEET counselling.
- Enter your personal information, including your NEET score and category.
- Fill out the Application form with your personal and educational information.
- Fill out the application form and click the submit button.
- Make a note of your registration ID and password for future use.
In order to submit their willingness, interested candidates must pay a refundable security fee (INR 10000 for Govt colleges and INR 100000 for both Govt and Pvt colleges).
- Candidates must pay the Punjab NEET Counselling fee online using a debit card, a credit card, or a net banking account.
- The application fee for the Open category is INR 5000 (+18% GST) and INR 2500 (+18% GST) for the unreserved category.
- Candidates must bring a printout of the application form as well as the payment receipt.
- Candidates whose names are listed on the state merit list should log into the webpage using the previously generated ID and password to fill out the course as well as college preferences.
- This is an important stage because MBBS/BDS seats would be assigned based on the choices made by the candidates.
Seat allocation and Reporting at the College
- BFUHS will publish the seat allotment list on the official website based on the merit of the candidates as well as the choices made.
- Candidates who have been assigned a seat must report to the institute by the deadline for document verification.
MCC 15 % AIQ Quota
The Medical Counselling Committee (MCC) is the authorized body to conduct counseling for the National Eligibility Cumulative Entrance Test, (NEET) for qualified applicants. The MCC/DGHS will conduct counseling for 15% AIQ, 100% Deemed Universities, Central Universities (Delhi University, AMU, and BHU including Institutional/Domicile Quota), ESIC, AFMC (only Registration Part), and I.P University (VMMC & SJH AND ABVIMS & RML& ESIC Dental, Delhi (15% AIQ + 85% Institutional Quota), 100% AIIMS, 100% JIPMER, and B. (only 08 Central Institutes).
MCC NEET Counselling Registration
MCC will hold four rounds of NEET-UG counselling for AIQ, including a mop-up round and a stray vacancy round. Following the completion of Round 2, the MCC will fill the remaining seats in a mop-up round and a stray vacancy round. The following steps must be taken
Step 1 To apply for NEET UG counselling , go to the Medical Counselling Committee’s website, mcc.nic.in.
Step 2 Then, on the homepage, select UG Medical Counselling.
Step 3 On the screen, look for the NEET UG Counselling registration link and click on it.
Step 4 Fill out the required information and register on the MCC website.
Step 5 Fill out the NEET UG Counselling application form after logging in.
Step 6 After that, upload the required documents, pay the NEET UG Counselling registration fee, and submit the form.
Step 7 Then complete the NEET counselling Choice Locking Process.
Step 8 Check your college admission status after the NEET UG seat allotment result is released.
Step 9 Then, with all of the required documentation, go to the designated medical college for admission.
Punjab NEET Counselling Fees
Non-Refundable Registration Fee
|15% AIQ/ Central Universities||Fee|
|All Categories||INR 5,000|
Refundable Tuition Fee
|15% AIQ/ Central Universities|
|All Categories||INR 2,00,000|
MBBS College Predictor
The MBBS College Predictor employs a novel algorithm that analyzes the opening and closing ranks of the previous year’s NEET counseling data to determine the best college for you to pursue medical studies. It forecasts your chances of admission to the medical school of your preference. NEET counseling and top medical college criteria are provided to students by MBBS Admission Consultants.
MBBS Admission Consultant
To know better MBBS Admission Consultants have developed user-friendly tools to assist in determining students’ goals and provide assistance throughout the entire NEET counseling process, until you are admitted to your preferred medical college.
For Ug Courses
- 10th class certificate
- 12th class certificate(the candidate must had studied Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English)
- NEET Admit card
- NEET Score Card
- Punjab Resident Certificate
- Category Certificate
- Challan Receipt
- EWS certificate (if applicable)
- Certificate issued by the head of the institution certifying that the candidate has completed Class 10 and Class 12 from their institute
For Pg Courses
- NEET PG admit card 2023
- Allotment submission form
- Secondary school certificate for date of birth proof
- Application form copy
- NEET PG 2023 result
- Compulsory rotatory internship certificate
- MBBS pass certificate form a recognized institute of MCI
- Original copy of photo ID proof (Voter ID/PAN card/Driving License) for biometric verification
- A set of photocopy of all the above-mentioned documents
Frequently Asked Question
Q. When was the Government Medical College, Patiala established?
A. The Government Medical College, Patiala was established in 1920
Q. What Are the Fees for UG Courses at the Government Medical College, Patiala?
A. The fees for Ug courses at Government Medical College, Patiala, are Rs. 1,50,000/-
Q. The Government Medical College, Patiala, is affiliated with which university?
A.Government Medical College, Patiala, is affiliated with Baba Farid University of Health Sciences, Faridkot
Q. What is the location of the Government Medical College, Patiala?
A. The location of the Government Medical College, Patiala is at Sangrur Road, Opposite Rajindra Hospital, Patiala, Punjab 147001.
Q. What is the intake capacity for the MBBS course at the Government Medical College, Patiala?
A. The intake capacity for the MBBS course at the Government Medical College, Patiala, is 200.
Q. What is the official website for the Government Medical College, Patiala?
A. The official website for the Government Medical College, Patiala, is https://gmcpatiala.edu.in/
Q. Does the Government Medical College, Patiala, have a hostel?
A. Yes, Government Medical College, Patiala does provide a hostel facility for both males and females.