Gandhi Dental College is a prestigious educational and training institution. It is situated in Bhubaneswar, India. Ever since its establishment in 2005, the college has remained dedicated to offering a holistic learning experience to its students. The college is affiliated with Utkal University and has recognition from the National Dental Commission
The faculty at Gandhi Dental College is highly qualified and experienced, with a strong focus on practical training and experiential learning. The college is pleased of its cutting-edge facilities, modern infrastructure, and well-stocked laboratories, as well as its large classrooms and extensive library.
However, what truly sets Gandhi Dental College apart is its unwavering dedication to community outreach. The college’s community outreach program provides free dental care and treatment to underserved communities in and around Bhubaneswar, thus raising awareness about dental hygiene and healthcare. This program fosters in students a sense of social responsibility and empathy in addition to providing them with priceless learning opportunities.
Gandhi Dental College is an excellent choice for anyone considering a career in dentistry.
By utilizing exceptional faculty, modern facilities, and a focus on practical training and community engagement, the college provides a comprehensive and enriching learning experience that prepares students to excel in their field.
- 1 Highlights
- 2 Affiliation, Recognition, and Aid Status
- 3 Facilities
- 4 Faculty and Staff
- 5 Courses Offered and Intake Capacity
- 6 Course Syllabus
- 7 Fees Structure
- 8 Counselling Process
- 9 Eligibility Criteria for UG Course
- 10 Contact Details
- 11 Ranking & Reputation
- 12 Documents Required
- 13 Frequently Asked Questions
- 13.1 Q. What courses does Gandhi Dental College offer?
- 13.2 Q. What facilities does Gandhi Dental College have?
- 13.3 Q. What is the admission process for Gandhi Dental College?
- 13.4 Q. Does Gandhi Dental College provide placement opportunities?
- 13.5 Q. What is the duration of the BDS and MDS programs at Gandhi Dental College?
- 13.6 Q. What are the eligibility criteria for admission to Gandhi Dental College?
- 13.7 Q. What is the fee structure for the BDS and MDS programs at Gandhi Dental College?
- 13.8 Q. Does Gandhi Dental College have a hostel facility?
- 13.9 Q. What extracurricular activities are available at Gandhi Dental College?
- 13.10 Q. What is the faculty-to-student ratio at Gandhi Dental College?
|Name of Institute||Gandhi Dental College, Bhubaneswar|
|Popular Name||GDC, Bhubanewar|
|Year of Establishment||1984|
|Affiliated to||Utkal University|
|Approved by||National Dental Commission, New Delhi|
|Counselling conducting authority||Odisha Joint Entrance Examination (OJEE) Cell|
|Hostel Facilities||Yes (Male and Female)|
|Entrance Exam for UG courses||NEET UG Exam|
|Category||Dental Colleges in Odisha|
|Contact||Address: Baba Raghunathpur Madanpur, NH- 5, Near Tomando, Jaanla, Khurda Bhubaneswar – 751003 Orissa, India|
Admission Helpline Number : 9667542500
Affiliation, Recognition, and Aid Status
Affiliated with: Utkal University
Approved by: National Dental Commission, New Delhi
Aid Status: Private
Gandhi Dental College boasts of modern facilities and state-of-the-art infrastructure that cater to the comprehensive needs of its students. The college has fully equipped laboratories that allow students to gain practical training in dentistry. here are some of the individual facilities that Gandhi Dental College offers:
Laboratories: The college has fully equipped and modern laboratories that provide students with hands-on experience in dentistry. The labs are intended to simulate real-world scenarios as well as provide students with a chance to rehearse one‘s abilities before implementing them in a clinical setting.
Classrooms: The college has spacious classrooms that provide a comfortable and conducive environment for learning. The classrooms are outfitted with cutting-edge technology as well as audio-visual aids to enhance the educational understanding.
Library: A large selection of dental-related books, journals, and other reference materials can be found in Gandhi Dental College’s well-stocked library.
Community Outreach: Gandhi Dental College’s community outreach program, which offers free dental care and services to underprivileged areas within and outside of Bhubaneswar, is one of its unique advantages.
Faculty and Staff
- Gandhi Dental College’s esteemed faculty and staff are a committed group of talented individuals who are dedicated to providing students a world’s best dental education. The faculty bring real life experience to the school environment with their comprehensive expertise and knowledge, ensuring that students receive a thorough and demanding education.
- The staff of the college plays a crucial role in the group by providing students with invaluable academic and emotional support. The Gandhi Dental College staff is always available to help students achieve their objectives, whether it be through academic counseling or career guidance.
- In order to foster the development of students’ dental knowledge and skills, the faculty and staff put in a lot of effort to create a nurturing and supportive learning environment.. Their ultimate mission is to arm students with the necessary tools and resources to become dental superheroes themselves, using their skills to bring positive change to their communities.
Courses Offered and Intake Capacity
For Undergraduate Courses
|BDS||4 and ½ years + 1 Year Internship||100|
For UG Course
|1st Year BDS||2nd Year BDs||3 rd Year||4th Year|
|General Human Anatomy including Embryology and Histology||General Pathology and Microbiology||General Medicine||Conservative Dentistry and Endodontics|
|General Human Physiology and Biochemistry||General and Dental Pharmacology and Therapeutics||General Surgery||Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery|
|Dental Anatomy, Embryology and Oral Histology||Dental Materials||Oral Pathology and Oral Microbiology||Oral Medicine and Radiology|
|–||Pre-clinical Prosthodontics||–||Orthodontics & Dentofacial Orthopaedics|
|–||Pre clinical Conservative Dentistry||–||Pediatric & Preventive Dentistry|
|–||–||–||Prosthodontics and Crown & Bridge|
|–||–||–||Public Health Dentistry|
|Oral Medicine & Radiology||1 Month|
|Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery||1 ½ Months|
|Prosthodontics||1 ½ Months|
|Conservative Dentistry||1 Month|
|Community Dentistry/Rural Services||15 days|
|Oral Pathology & Microbiology||1 Month|
For UG courses
NOTE: The above-shared fees can vary from the actual fees and are subject to change. To know the exact fee structure, candidates can connect with a counseling expert at the Admission Helpline No. 9667542500.
To participate in the Odisha NEET counselling, candidates have to register on the OJEE official website. Registrations usually begin after the NEET results are announced. The entire application procedure can be broken down into six steps:
- Online registration with a valid email address, phone number, and NEET roll number
- Logging in with the credentials obtained while registering online
- Completing the Odisha NEET Counseling Application Form
- Scanned images of a photograph, signature, and thumb impression are being uploaded.
- Paying the application fee and submitting the application online
- Printing the completed Odisha NEET counselling application form
- A candidate must first register on the website and enter his or her information in the various fields provided, after which he or she can pay the registration fee and fill up the choices.
- Filled choices can be changed as desired by the candidate before they are locked. Finally, the selected option should be locked using the OTP ( One Time Password) sent to the registered mobile phone.
- After locking the filled choice, it is not possible to change the choices or the order of the choices. If the candidate does not lock his choice using OTP, the last filled choice will be automatically locked once the period of choice filling and locking is over.
A candidate’s rank, eligibility, reservation criteria, and other factors are considered before a seat is assigned. Admissions are subject to verification of credentials and documentation during the counseling process. The Seat allotment process takes into account all of a candidate’s options/choices in order of preference at each stage. The number of options available for selection is not limited, and candidates are encouraged to provide as many options as possible. before the allotment starts, the following three steps are required to be completed.
Step-1: The candidate registers successfully against the desired stream
Step-2: Counselling fee Deposit through the prescribed method
Step-3: Fills up and locks the choices. A candidate is advised to judiciously fill the choices and lock it through own password/OTP. There is no maximum limit for the choice filling
(Candidates who have successfully executed all these three steps above are considered for the seat allotment. Withdrawal facility is available online mode only. For allot)
Reporting to the Allotted College
The final allocation are posted on the website, www.ojee.nic.in. After logging in, candidates can download their respective allotment letters from the website. For admission, a candidate must report to the college that has been assigned to them. The reported candidate will receive the registration card from the respective colleges/universities to which they have been admitted.
Eligibility Criteria for UG Course
|Qualify Exam||NEET conducted By NTA|
|Nationality||Applicants must be Indian citizens.NRI candidates with Indian passports are also eligible to apply. Under the NRI Category, Overseas Citizens of India (OCI) and Persons of Indian Origin (PIO) are eligible to apply.|
|Age Limit||17 years old (as on December 31).|
|Qualification||The candidate must have passed from a recognized board/institute with a Class 12 credential or equivalent. In addition, the qualifying test should include Biology, Chemistry, English, and Physics as core subjects.A minimum of 50% is required for the general category, 40% for SC/ST, and 45% for Physically Disabled candidates.|
NEET Cut Off
|Category||Qualifying Marks||Percentile Criteria|
|General/EWS & PH Category||116-105||45th Percentile|
|SC/BC & PH Category||104-93||40th Percentile|
Eligibility Criteria for PG course
|Entrance Exam:||NEET PG Exam|
|Age||No age restrictions|
|Internship||Mandatory experience of 1-year internship after BDS course|
|Qualification||Candidates must have an BDS degree from a recognized educational institute or Equivalent Graduate degreeCandidates must have secured a minimum of 50% aggregate marks to sit for the Exam MDS exam, qualifying via which they will get admission to PG courses|
NEET MDS Cut off
|Categories||Cut off percentile||Cutoff marks|
BDS College Predictor
BDS College Predictor is a tool or software that helps students predict which BDS colleges they are likely to get admission in based on their NEET UG score, preferred location, and category. The predictor tool uses the previous year’s cut-off data, admission trends, and other relevant factors to generate a list of BDS colleges that match the student’s score and preferences.
The BDS College Predictor tool helps students make informed decisions about their admission process by giving them an idea of the colleges they may get admission in. It also helps them plan their application process by shortlisting colleges based on their preferences and eligibility criteria.
BDS Admission Consultant
A BDS admission consultant is a professional who provides guidance and assistance to students seeking admission to Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS) courses in India. Our Consultant typically have extensive knowledge and experience in the field of dental education and can help students navigate the complex admission process. Helping students choose the right colleges based on their academic record, career goals, and personal preferences.
Assisting students with the application process, including filling out application forms, writing personal statements, and gathering necessary documents. Our top admission consultants are committed to serving each individual with the utmost integrity around the clock. Feel free to contact our admission consultant for any admission-related queries.
Gandhi Dental College, Bhubaneswar
- Address: Baba Raghunathpur Madanpur, NH- 5, Near Tomando, Jaanla, Khurda Bhubaneswar – 751003 Orissa, India
- Admission Helpline Number : 9667542500
Ranking & Reputation
|Name of Institute||Gandhi Dental College, Bhubaneswar|
For UG Course
- NEET Admit Card.
- NEET Result.
- Marksheet and Secondary school certificate
- Passing certificate of class 12th and its marksheet
- Leaving certificate of school or college
- Domicile certificate for proof of living in state for not less than 10 years.
- Category certificate, if it is applicable
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. What courses does Gandhi Dental College offer?
A. The BDS and MDS programs offered by Gandhi Dental College are exceptional options for those pursuing a career in dentistry.
Q. What facilities does Gandhi Dental College have?
A. Modern amenities are available at Gandhi Dental College, including fully functional and up-to-date labs, roomy lecture halls with cutting-edge technology and audio-visual aids, and a well-stocked library with a sizable selection of dental-related books, journals, and other reference materials.
Q. What is the admission process for Gandhi Dental College?
A. The admission process for Gandhi Dental College varies depending on the program. For the BDS program, students must qualify for the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) and then apply through the Odisha Joint Entrance Examination (OJEE) counseling process. For the MDS program, students must qualify for the NEET MDS exam and then apply through the All India Post Graduate Dental Entrance Examination (AIPGDEE) counseling process.
Q. Does Gandhi Dental College provide placement opportunities?
A. Yes, Gandhi Dental College has a dedicated placement cell that works to provide placement opportunities to its students. The college has tie-ups with several reputed hospitals, clinics, and dental organizations that offer employment opportunities to graduates.
Q. What is the duration of the BDS and MDS programs at Gandhi Dental College?
A. The BDS program at Gandhi Dental College is for a duration of 5 years, including 1 year of compulsory internship. The MDS program is for a duration of 3 years.
Q. What are the eligibility criteria for admission to Gandhi Dental College?
A. To be eligible for admission to the BDS program at Gandhi Dental College, students must have completed their 10+2 or equivalent examination with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology as compulsory subjects and have obtained a minimum of 50% marks (40% for SC/ST/OBC candidates) in aggregate. To be eligible for admission to the MDS program, students must have completed their BDS degree and have obtained a minimum of 50% marks (40% for SC/ST/OBC candidates) in aggregate.
Q. What is the fee structure for the BDS and MDS programs at Gandhi Dental College?
A. The fee structure for the BDS and MDS programs at Gandhi Dental College varies depending on the category of the student (general/SC/ST/OBC) and the program. For the BDS program, the fees range from approximately Rs. 4,50,000 to Rs. 5,00,000 per year, while for the MDS program, the fees range from approximately Rs. 1,00,000 to Rs. 1,50,000 per year.
Q. Does Gandhi Dental College have a hostel facility?
A, Yes, Gandhi Dental College has separate hostel facilities for boys and girls with well-furnished rooms, 24-hour security, and a mess facility.
Q. What extracurricular activities are available at Gandhi Dental College?
A. Gandhi Dental College offers a range of extracurricular activities for its students, including sports, cultural events, and academic competitions. The college also has several student clubs and societies, including a photography club, a music club, and a debate club.
Q. What is the faculty-to-student ratio at Gandhi Dental College?
A. The faculty-to-student ratio at Gandhi Dental College is approximately 1:8, ensuring that students receive personalized attention and guidance from experienced faculty members.