Farooqia Dental College & Hospital Mysore is a renowned dental college located in Karnataka, India. The college was established in 1992 by the Rifahul Muslimeen Educational Trust, to provide quality education and training to the students and prepares them to become skilled and compassionate dental professionals. The college’s dedication to academic excellence, research, and community service has elevated it to the ranks of India’s top dental colleges. The college is affiliated with the Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences (RGUHS) and also has received Recognition from the National Dental Commission.
The college offers dental courses at the undergraduate and graduate levels, including a Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS) program, Master of Dental Surgery (MDS) programs with a range of specializations, and a Ph.D. program in Dental Sciences. The Farooqia Dental College & Hospital’s faculty are experts in their fields and have years of experience teaching. They employ a student-centered teaching approach that includes lectures, clinical training, case discussions, seminars, and hands-on workshops.
A special placement cell at the college assists students in obtaining jobs at prestigious dental clinics and hospitals across the country. Internships are also available to students in order for them to gain exposure and practical experience.
Farooqia Dental College & Hospital is dedicated to providing students with high-quality dental education and training, and it works hard to make the learning environment welcoming and motivating for them.
To help students develop their overall personalities and skills, the college encourages them to participate in extracurricular activities such as sports, cultural events, seminars, workshops, and volunteer work.
- 1 Highlights
- 2 Affiliation, Recognition, and Aid Status
- 3 Facilities and Infrastructure
- 4 Departments
- 5 Faculty and Staff
- 6 Courses Offered And Seat Intake
- 7 BDS Internship
- 8 BDS Course Syllabus
- 9 Fees Structure
- 10 Karnataka NEET Counselling 2023
- 11 Registration Fees
- 12 Counselling Process
- 13 Required Document
- 14 Eligibility Criteria For UG Courses
- 15 NEET UG Cut Off 2023
- 16 Eligibility Criteria For MDS Course
- 17 NEET MDS Cut-Off 2023
- 18 Farooqia Dental College & Hospital, Mysore Cut-Off 2022 (State Quota)
- 19 Contact Details
- 20 Ranking & Reputation
- 21 NEET College Predictors
- 22 NEET Rank Predictors
- 23 Expert Admission Consultants
- 24 Frequently Asked Questions
- 25 Q. What courses are offered by Farooqia Dental College & Hospital?
- 26 Q. Is Farooqia Dental College & Hospital recognized by any regulatory body?
- 27 Q. What is the admission process for undergraduate and postgraduate courses?
- 28 Q. Is there a placement cell in the college?
- 29 Q. What are the research facilities available at Farooqia Dental College & Hospital?
- 30 Q. What are the extracurricular activities offered at Farooqia Dental College & Hospital?
|Name of Institute||Farooqia Dental College & Hospital Mysore|
|Popular Name||FDCH, Mysore|
|Year of Establishment||1992|
|Affiliated to||Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bangalore|
|Approved by||National Dental Commission|
|Counselling Conducting Authority||Karnataka Education Authority (KEA)|
|Hostel Facilities||Yes (Male and Female)|
|Entrance Exam for UG courses||NEET UG Exam|
|Entrance Exam for PG courses||NEET MDS Exam|
|Course||BDS and MDS|
|Category||Dental Colleges in Karnataka|
|Contact||Address: Umar Khayam Road, Eidgah, Tilak NagarMysuru – 570021, Karnataka|
Email ID: email@example.com
Admission Helpline Number: 9667542500
Affiliation, Recognition, and Aid Status
- Affiliated with: Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bangalore
- Approved by: National Dental Commission
- Aid Status: Private
Facilities and Infrastructure
Farooqia Dental College & Hospital offers top-notch facilities to both its faculty and students, creating a warm and stimulating learning environment. Some of the services the college provides include the ones listed below:
- Infrastructure and amenities: The college has state-of-the-art facilities, including clinical settings, modern lecture halls, fully stocked libraries, and well-equipped laboratories.
- Clinical education: A teaching hospital is available at the college for students to receive clinical education. The hospital has departments for orthodontics, oral and maxillofacial surgery, periodontics, prosthodontics, endodontics, and oral medicine and radiology.
- Research Center: The college has a dedicated research center where scientists work on projects related to many different dental specialties. The research center is furnished with contemporary amenities and machinery to support research activities.
- Hostel facilities: The college offers both male and female students hostel facilities. The dormitory rooms are roomy and furnished.
- Cafeteria: The college has a sizable cafeteria where faculty members and students can eat hygienic food.
- Audio-visual aids: To enhance students’ learning experiences, instructors use audio-visual aids like projectors, video lectures, and simulations.
- Transportations: Students and faculty members who need transportation can do so through the college.
- Oral Medicine and Radiology
- Conservative Dentistry and Endodontics
- Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedics
- Pedodontics and Preventive Dentistry
- Public Health Dentistry
Faculty and Staff
- The faculty and staff at Farooqia Dental College & Hospital are highly skilled and committed individuals who strive to offer top-notch instruction and patient care. The formal organizational structure of the college consists of a Principal, a Vice-Principal, Professors, Associate Professors, Assistant Professors, and Senior Residents.
- The college’s principal is in charge of the institution’s overall management and administration. The Vice-Principal is in charge of academic matters in addition to helping the Principal with his or her duties.
- Professors, Associate Professors, and Assistant Professors who are highly skilled and knowledgeable are in charge of the college’s teaching and research activities. The professors oversee their respective departments and provide instruction and mentoring to the students.
- Senior Residents are graduate students who work alongside faculty members in clinical settings to learn first-hand about patient care. Additionally, the college employs a group of administrative personnel to help with day-to-day operations.
Courses Offered And Seat Intake
For Undergraduate Courses
|BDS||4 and ½ years + 1 Year Internship||40|
For Postgraduate courses
|Oral Medicine & Radiology||3 Years||3|
|Conservative Dentistry & Endodontics||3 Years||3|
|Orthodonitics & Dentofacial Orthopedics||3 Years||3|
|Oral & Maxillofacial Pathology and Oral Microbiology||3 Years||3|
|Prosthodontics and Crown & Bridge||3 Years||2|
|Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery||3 Years||3|
|Oral Medicine & Radiology||3 Years||3|
|Oral Medicine & Radiology||1 Month|
|Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery||1 ½ Months|
|Prosthodontics||1 ½ Months|
|Conservative Dentistry||1 Month|
|Community Dentistry/Rural Services||15 days|
|Oral Pathology & Microbiology||1 Month|
BDS Course Syllabus
For UG Course
|First Year||Second Year||Third Year||Fourth year|
|General Human Anatomy including Embryology and Histology||General Pathology and Microbiology||Fourth-year||Conservative Dentistry and Endodontics|
|General Human Physiology and Biochemistry||General and Dental Pharmacology and Therapeutics||General Surgery||Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery|
|Dental Anatomy, Embryology and Oral Histology||Dental Materials||Oral Pathology and Oral Microbiology||Oral Medicine and Radiology|
|–||Pre-clinical Prosthodontics||–||Orthodontics & Dentofacial Orthopaedics|
|–||Pre clinical Conservative Dentistry||–||Pediatric & Preventive Dentistry|
|–||–||–||Prosthodontics and Crown & Bridge|
|–||–||–||Public Health Dentistry|
For UG Courses
|Government Quota Fees||Rs. 83,358/-|
|Private Quota Fees||Rs. 4,95,000/-|
|Fees (Annually)||Rs, 6,45,000/-|
|University Fees||Rs. 11,950/-|
|Misc Fees||Rs. 15,000/-|
|Hostel Fees||Rs, 18,000/-|
|Mess Fees||Rs. 66,000/-|
For PG Courses
|MDS||Will Be Notified Soon|
Karnataka NEET Counselling 2023
Step 1: Online Registration
- Begin the registration process by accessing the website http://kea.kar.nic.in.
- Select “UGNEET-2023 Online Registration” to enter your details online.
Step 2: User Login
- Log in using your USER ID and Password.
- Enter your details step by step, ensuring accuracy and completeness.
Step 3: Upload Documents
- Upload scanned copies of the following documents separately in JPG/JPEG format:
- Recent passport-sized color photograph
- Left-hand thumb impression
Step 4: Draft Print and Verification
Before selecting the declaration, take a draft print of your application form.
- Carefully check and verify all the entered information for accuracy.
- Make any necessary changes if required.
- If all details are correct, select the declaration.
Step 5: Payment
- Proceed to pay the required fees following the payment gateway procedures provided.
Step 6: Application Form Printout
- After successful payment, take a printout of the application form on A-4 size paper.
- This printed copy should be produced during document verification.
|(for Karnataka SC/ST/Cat-1/PWD/GM/2A/2B/3A/3B candidates)||Rs. 500/-|
|Non-Karnataka candidates||Rs. 2,500/-|
|(for NRI Ward/NRI/OCI/PIO/Foreign Nationals candidates)||Rs. 5,500/-|
Step 1: Online Registration
- Visit the website kea.kar.nic.in.
- Select “UGNEET-2023 Online Registration.”
- Use your USER ID and Password to log in.
- Enter your details accurately.
- Upload a recent passport-size color photograph, signature, and left-hand thumb impression in JPG/JPEG format.
- Before confirming, review your application and make necessary changes.
- If everything is correct, select the declaration.
- Follow the provided payment gateway procedures to pay the fees.
- Print the application form on A-4 size paper.
- This printed copy is required for document verification.
Step 2: Document Verification
- Candidates who haven’t verified their documents must register online and complete this process.
- If you’ve already verified your documents for UGCET-2023 and don’t require additional reservations, you don’t need to verify again for Medical/Dental/AYURVEDA/UNANI/HOMEOPATHY courses. Just download the UGNEET-2023 Verification slip.
- If you’re eligible for additional reservations, ensure you claim them during online application and verify with relevant certificates.
Step 3: Course and College Choices
- Enter your course and college choices online based on seat availability.
- You can enter as many options as you want but prioritize them carefully.
- After entering options, a mock allotment will be done. It’s indicative and helps you revise your choices.
Step 4: Mock Allotment
- Review the results of the mock allotment, which shows where you might be allocated based on your preferences.
- Consider changing or retaining the entered options based on the mock allotment results.
Step 5: Finalize Options
- Verify your allotted seat status on the KEA website and modify options if needed.
- Continue to update your options until the last date for real allotment.
Step 6: Allotment Process
The allotment of seats will be conducted in two rounds, with each round having three phases.
First Round of Seat Allotment:
- Allotment is based on merit and priority of options entered by candidates.
- Special Category seats (Persons with disability, NCC, Sports Category) are allotted first.
- Seats are allocated according to the reservation policy.
- General Merit candidates are considered only in the General Merit quota, following the rank list.
- Reserved Kannada Medium and Rural Category candidates may also be allotted in their respective categories.
- Hyderabad-Karnataka reservation is considered.
- Special Category candidates like Defense, Ex-defense, CAPF, Ex-CAPF are allotted based on ranks and available seats.
- The first phase of allotment may involve multiple iterations until seats are filled or ranks exhausted.
Second Round of Allotment:
- Seats are allotted in the same manner as the first round.
- Unfilled seats in Rural and Kannada medium quota of reserved categories are converted to General category and offered to reserved category candidates.
- Only reserved category candidates are considered in this phase, and GM candidates are not.
- Consequential vacancies are considered.
Third Round of Allotment:
- Seats are allocated in the same order as previous rounds.
- Unfilled seats in various reserved General categories are converted to General Merit and offered to GM candidates.
- Consequential Rural and Kannada medium reserved category seats are considered.
- The order of seat allotment remains the same, and the process continues until no changes occur.
Step 7: Reporting to Colleges
- After the seat allotment in the final round, candidates who have been allotted seats need to report to the respective colleges they’ve been allocated.
The reporting process involves the following:
Step 8: Document Verification:
- Candidates must carry all necessary documents for verification, including educational certificates, identification, and allotment-related documents.
- The college authorities will verify your documents to ensure eligibility and compliance with admission criteria.
Step 9: Payment of Fees:
- Candidates are required to pay the prescribed fees as per the college’s fee structure.
- Ensure you understand the payment schedule and deadlines to avoid any issues.
Step 10: Confirmation of Admission:
- Once the documents are verified, and fees are paid, the college will confirm your admission.
- You may receive an admission letter or receipt as proof of your admission status.
Step 11: Seat Confirmation and Vacant Seats:
- If any candidates do not report to the allocated colleges within the specified timeframe, their seats may be considered vacant.
- SSLC/10th standard mark Sheet
- 2nd PUC/12th standard mark Sheet
- Final print out of online application form
- Original copy of chalan for having paid the registration fees
- NEET admission ticket
- Study certificate issued by school
- NEET Rank letter
- Two recent passport size photogrraphs
- Migration Certificate (Those who are studied under other than PU Board, Karnataka)
- Eligibility Certificate (Those who are studied under other than PU Board, Karnataka)
- Adhaar Card
For PG Courses
- High School/Secondary School Certificate for date of birth
- Provisional Pass Certificate and Mark sheets of every year of BDS
- Internship completion certificate
- Permanent/ Provisional Registration Certificate
- NEET MDS admit card
- NEET MDS Score card
- Domicile certificate
Eligibility Criteria For UG Courses
|Qualify Exam||NEET conducted By NTA|
|Nationality||Applicants must be Indian citizens. NRI candidates with Indian passports are also eligible to apply. Under the NRI Category, overseas citizens of India (OCI) and Persons of Indian origin (PIO) are eligible to apply.|
|Age Limit||17 years old (as of December 31). The upper age limit for General category candidates is 25 years, while for SC/ST/OBC candidates, it is 30 years.|
|Qualification||Candidates must have passed the 10+2 or equivalent examination with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology, and English as compulsory subjects.|
|Qualifying Marks||They must have obtained a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate (for General category candidates) and 40% marks in aggregate (for SC/ST/OBC candidates) in the qualifying examination.|
NEET UG Cut Off 2023
|Category||Qualifying criteria||NEET Cutoff 2022||NEET Cutoff 2023|
|UR / EWS & PH||45th Percentile||116-105||136-121|
|OBC & PH||40th Percentile||104-93||120-107|
|SC & PH||40th Percentile||104-93||120-107|
|ST & PH||40th Percentile||104-93||120-108|
Eligibility Criteria For MDS Course
|Entrance Exam:||NEET MDS Exam|
|Age||No age restrictions|
|Internship||Mandatory experience of 1-year internship after BDS course|
|Qualification||Candidates must have an BDS degree from a recognized educational institute or Equivalent Graduate degree. Candidates must have secured a minimum of 50% aggregate marks to sit for the Exam MDS exam, qualifying via which they will get admission to MDS courses|
NEET MDS Cut-Off 2023
|Categories||Cut off percentile 2023||Cutoff marks 2023|
Farooqia Dental College & Hospital, Mysore Cut-Off 2022 (State Quota)
|Rounds||Round 1||Round 2|
|Category||All India Rank||Marks||All India Rank||Marks|
Farooqia Dental College & Hospital, Mysore
- Address: Umar Khayam Road, Eidgah, Tilak Nagar, Mysuru – 570021, Karnataka
- Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Admission Helpline Number: 9667542500
- Website: http://www.fdc.ac.in/
Ranking & Reputation
|Name of Institute||Farooqia Dental College & Hospital, Mysore|
NEET College Predictors
We understand the significance of choosing the right medical college for your bright future. Our website offers a variety of college predictors to ensure that you make informed decisions during the NEET counseling process.
With our NEET Score Predictor, input your NEET score, and instantly receive a personalized list of colleges where you have a higher chance of getting admitted. Our state-wise and category-based predictors further refine your options based on your preferences, giving you accurate and tailored results. we have offered you the top-of-the-class college predictors here’s the list of the college predictor for you;
- MBBS College Predictors
- BDS College Predictors
NEET Rank Predictors
NEET Rank Predictors are innovative tools designed to assist medical aspirants in estimating their All India Rank (AIR) in the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET). As one of the most competitive medical entrance exams in India, NEET plays a pivotal role in determining admission to undergraduate medical courses. NEET Rank Predictors empower students with insights into their performance, helping them set realistic goals and make informed decisions during the college selection process. Here’s the best ranks we’ve provided you with;
- MBBS Rank Predictors
- BDS Rank Predictors
Expert Admission Consultants
NEET Counselling takes pride in offering a team of highly experienced and dedicated Expert Admission Consultants who are committed to helping aspiring medical students achieve their dreams. Our consultants possess in-depth knowledge of the medical admission process and stay up-to-date with the latest developments in the field. They are well-versed in the intricacies of NEET counselling, medical college admissions, and various state-specific admission procedures. Here’s how our Expert Admission Consultants can help you with various counselling process
- MBBS Admission Consultant
- BDS Admission Consultant
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. What courses are offered by Farooqia Dental College & Hospital?
A. Farooqia Dental College & Hospital offers undergraduate courses such as Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS) and postgraduate courses such as Master of Dental Surgery (MDS) in various specializations of dentistry.
Q. Is Farooqia Dental College & Hospital recognized by any regulatory body?
A. Yes, Farooqia Dental College & Hospital is recognized by the National Dental Commission and affiliated to the Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences (RGUHS).
Q. What is the admission process for undergraduate and postgraduate courses?
A. The admission process for undergraduate and postgraduate courses varies depending on the course and is based on merit and performance in the qualifying examination and entrance test i.e., NEET conducted by NTA. The college also follows the guidelines set by the National Dental Commission for the admission process.
Q. Is there a placement cell in the college?
A. Yes, Farooqia Dental College & Hospital has a dedicated placement cell that provides placement assistance to the students. The placement cell also organizes workshops and seminars to enhance the employability skills of the students.
Q. What are the research facilities available at Farooqia Dental College & Hospital?
A. Farooqia Dental College & Hospital has a state-of-the-art research center equipped with advanced equipment and technology. The research center provides opportunities for the students to undertake research projects and participate in national and international conferences.
Q. What are the extracurricular activities offered at Farooqia Dental College & Hospital?
A. Farooqia Dental College & Hospital encourages the students to participate in various extracurricular activities such as sports, cultural events, and social activities. The college has a well-equipped sports facility that includes indoor and outdoor games. The cultural events and social activities provide a platform for the students to showcase their talents and contribute to the society.