Sri Jagannath Medical College & Hospital Puri (SJMC) is a well-known medical facility in Puri, Odisha, India. It was founded in 2021 and is affiliated with Utkal University. The college is recognised by the National Medical Commission and offers undergraduate programmes such as MBBS.
The college offers a Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS) program, which is a five-and-a-half-year course, including one year of compulsory internship. The curriculum includes both theoretical and practical knowledge, and students are exposed to various clinical settings during their clinical rotations.
The hospital associated with SJMC is a 750-bedded facility, equipped with the latest medical equipment and staffed by highly qualified medical professionals. The hospital provides quality healthcare services to the people of Puri and surrounding areas, and the students of SJMC get hands-on training during their clinical rotations.
- 1 Highlights
- 2 Affiliation, Recognition, and Aid Status
- 3 Facilities And Infrastructure
- 4 Faculty and Staff
- 5 Courses Offered and Intake Capacity
- 6 MBBS Internship
- 7 MBBS Course Syllabus
- 8 Fees Structure
- 9 Odisha NEET Cousnelling Process 2023
- 10 Counselling Process
- 11 Documents Required
- 12 Counselling Fee
- 13 Eligibility Criteria
- 14 NEET UG Cut Off 2023
- 15 Sri Jagannath Medical College & Hospital, Puri Cut-Off 2022 (State Quota)
- 16 Sri Jagannath Medical College & Hospital, Puri Cut-Off 2022 (AIQ Quota)
- 17 Contact Details
- 18 Ranking & Reputation
- 19 NEET College Predictors
- 20 NEET Rank Predictors
- 21 Expert Admission Consultants
- 22 Frequently Asked Questions
- 22.1 Q: Where is Sri Jagannath Medical College & Hospital located?
- 22.2 Q: What courses are offered at SJMC?
- 22.3 Q: Is SJMC recognized by the National Medical Commission?
- 22.4 Q: What are the hostel facilities available for students?
- 22.5 Q: What are the hospital facilities available at SJMC?
- 22.6 Q: Is there any entrance exam for admission to SJMC?
- 22.7 Q: What is the duration of the MBBS course at SJMC?.
- 22.8 Q: Does SJMC provide transport facilities to students and faculty members?
- 22.9 Q: What are the sports facilities available at SJMC?
- 22.10 Q: Does SJMC provide scholarships to students?
|Name of Institute||Sri Jagannath Medical College & Hospital Puri|
|Year of Establishment||2021|
|Affiliated to||Utkal University|
|Counselling Conducting Body||Odisha Joint Entrance Examination (OJEE) Cell|
|Approved by||National Medical Commission, New Delhi|
|Hostel Facilities||Yes (Male and Female)|
|Entrance Exam for UG courses||NEET UG Exam|
|Category||Medical Colleges in Odisha|
|Contact||Address: Sadar, Baliguali, Odisha 752002|
Admission Helpline Number : 9667542500
Email Id: firstname.lastname@example.org
Affiliation, Recognition, and Aid Status
- Affiliated with: Utkal University
- Approved by: National Medical Commission
- Aid Status: Government
Facilities And Infrastructure
Sri Jagannath Medical College & Hospital (SJMCH) in Puri, Odisha, is equipped with modern facilities and infrastructure to provide quality medical education and healthcare services. Here are some of the key features of the facilities and infrastructure at SJMCH:
- Academic Buildings: SJMCH has well-designed academic buildings with spacious lecture halls and classrooms to accommodate students and faculty for teaching and learning activities.
- Library: The institution boasts a well-stocked library with an extensive collection of medical books, journals, research publications, and digital resources. It provides a conducive environment for research and study.
- Laboratories: State-of-the-art laboratories are available for various medical departments, allowing students to conduct experiments and practical sessions under the guidance of experienced faculty members.
- Teaching Hospital: SJMCH has a fully functional teaching hospital with advanced medical equipment, diagnostic facilities, and a sufficient number of beds to provide healthcare services to patients. This hospital serves as a training ground for medical students.
- Hostel Accommodations: The institution provides comfortable hostel accommodations for both undergraduate and postgraduate students. These hostels are equipped with essential amenities to ensure a comfortable stay.
- Medical Equipment: SJMCH is equipped with modern medical equipment and technology, including diagnostic and treatment facilities, to support medical education and patient care.
- Auditorium: The campus features an auditorium with a seating capacity large enough to host academic and cultural events, seminars, conferences, and workshops.
- Sports and Recreation: There are facilities for sports and recreation to promote the overall well-being of students. This includes sports grounds and recreational areas.
- Cafeteria: The institution has a cafeteria where students and staff can enjoy meals and refreshments.
- Transportation: SJMCH provides transportation facilities for students and staff to facilitate their commute to and from the campus and hospital.
- Research Facilities: The institution encourages research activities and provides research facilities and support to both faculty and students.
- Security: The campus is secured with appropriate measures to ensure the safety and well-being of everyone within the premises.
Faculty and Staff
Sri Jagannath Medical College & Hospital (SJMCH) in Puri, Odisha, is supported by a dedicated and well-qualified faculty and staff who play a crucial role in the institution’s success. Here’s an overview of the faculty and staff at SJMCH:
- Teaching Faculty: SJMCH is home to a team of highly experienced and qualified teaching faculty members who are experts in various medical disciplines. They are responsible for delivering medical education and training to students.
- Medical Specialists: The institution employs medical specialists from various fields such as Medicine, Surgery, Pediatrics, Obstetrics and Gynecology, Ophthalmology, Orthopedics, and more. These specialists provide medical services in the attached teaching hospital and mentor students.
- Nursing Staff: A dedicated nursing staff is responsible for patient care, assisting doctors in medical procedures, and maintaining high healthcare standards in the hospital.
- Administrative Staff: Administrative personnel manage the day-to-day operations of the institution, including admissions, accounts, and administrative tasks to ensure the smooth functioning of the college and hospital.
- Support Staff: Support staff members, including technicians, lab assistants, and hospital attendants, contribute to the efficient operation of laboratories, diagnostic units, and other essential services.
- Research Scholars: SJMCH may have research scholars pursuing higher degrees in various medical and healthcare-related research areas. They actively contribute to the institution’s research endeavors.
- Librarians: Librarians manage the medical library, aiding students and faculty in accessing academic resources, research papers, and reference materials.
- Hospital Management: Hospital administrators oversee the management and operations of the teaching hospital, including patient care, healthcare services, and compliance with medical standards.
- Technical Support: IT professionals and technical support staff are responsible for maintaining and troubleshooting the technological infrastructure of the institution, including computer systems and networks.
- Support Services: SJMCH may have additional support services, such as cafeteria staff, transport staff, and maintenance personnel, to cater to the diverse needs of the institution and its occupants.
Courses Offered and Intake Capacity
For Undergraduate Courses
|MBBS||4 and ½ years + 1 Year Internship||100|
|Subjects||Compulsory time duration for Internship|
|Community Medicine||Two months|
|Medicine, including 15 days of Psychiatry||Two months|
|Surgery, including 15 days of Anaesthesia||Two months|
|Obstet./Gynae. including Family Welfare Planning||Two months|
|Orthopedics including PMR||One month|
|Elective posting||15 days|
MBBS Course Syllabus
|Name||Pre Clinical||Para Clinical||Clinical|
|Semester||Semester 1 – 2||Semester 3 – 5||Semester 6 – 9|
|Subjects||Biochemistry||Community Medicine||Community medicine and allied subjects (Psychiatry, Dermatology)|
|Anatomy||Forensic Medicine||Obstetrics and Gynecology|
|—||Pathology||Surgery and allied subjects|
For UG courses
|Admission Fees (One Time)||Rs. 1,500/-|
|Hostel Fees (Per Annum)||Rs. 3,500/-|
|Tuition Fees (Per Annum)||Rs. 22,000/-|
|EW Charges (Per Annum)||Rs. 4,000/-|
|Fees for SBAB (Per Annum)||Rs. 500/-|
|Hostel Fund (Per Annum)||Rs. 3,000/-|
|Security Deposit (One Time)||Rs. 10,000/-|
|Common Fees (Per Annum)||Rs. 1,500/-|
|Other Fees (Per Annum)||Rs. 27,950/-|
|Caution Money (One Time)||Rs. 2,000/-|
NOTE: The above-shared fees can vary from the actual fees and are subject to change. To know the exact fee structure, candidates can connect with a counseling expert at the Admission Helpline No. 9667542500.
Odisha NEET Cousnelling Process 2023
Step 1: Online Registration
- Visit the official Odisha NEET Counselling website and click on the “Registration” or “Apply Now” button.
Step 2: Fill in Personal Details
- Enter your NEET 2023 Roll Number and Application Number.
- Provide your name, date of birth, gender, and contact information.
Step 3: Academic Details
- Enter details of your 10th and 12th standard education, including marks obtained and the name of the board.
- Upload scanned copies of your mark sheets and certificates.
Step 4: Document Upload
Upload all the required documents mentioned in Step 2. Make sure the documents are clear and in the specified format.
- NEET 2023 Scorecard.
- Class 10th and 12th mark sheets and certificates.
- Identity proof (Aadhar card, passport, voter ID, etc.).
- Caste certificate (if applicable).
- Domicile certificate (if applicable).
- Passport-sized photographs.
Step 5: Choice Filling
- Choose your preferred colleges and courses in order of preference. Be sure to research the colleges and courses before making your choices.
Step 6: Fee Payment
- Pay the required counselling registration fee online. Keep the payment receipt for future reference.
Step 7: Lock and Submit Choices
- After making your choices, lock and submit your preferences. Once submitted, you won’t be able to make changes, so double-check your selections.
- Step 1: Registration and Choice Filling:
- Candidates who have completed the registration process and are on the State Merit List must log in to the online portal.
- They need to submit their preferences for both the Course (MBBS/BDS) and College in order of their preference.
- Candidates must lock their choices, and if not locked, they will be automatically locked when the schedule time ends.
- Step 2: Merit-Based Allotment:
- College and course allotments are done based on the candidate’s merit in the State Merit List.
- After allotment, candidates can download their Allotment Letter.
- Step 3: Provisional Admission Reporting:
- Candidates must report in person to the Odisha Joint Entrance Examination (OJEE) office in Gandamunda, Bhubaneswar, on the specified date and time.
- They should bring all original certificates, mark sheets, and other required documents along with a prepared bond.
- Admission fees, depending on the allotted college, must be paid either online or by demand draft.
- Candidates can choose to Freeze (confirm the allotted seat) or Float (wait for further rounds) at this stage.
- They must submit their original College Leaving Certificate/School Leaving Certificate and will be issued a Provisional Admission Letter.
- Step 4: Failure to Complete Admission Process:
- Candidates who do not complete the admission process as described in point 3 will lose their allotted seat.
- Such candidates can participate in the 2nd round by submitting fresh choice preferences.
- Step 5:Repeat Process for Subsequent Rounds:
- The same procedure is repeated for the 2nd and 3rd rounds of counseling.
- Step 7: Institutional Admission:
- After the 3rd round of counseling, candidates must report to the allotted institution within the specified date.
- They need to submit a copy of the Provisional Admission Letter to complete the admission process at the institutional level.
- Step 8:Resignation and Refund:
- If a candidate resigns on or before the designated date for withdrawal, they will receive 90% of the admission fees back, with 10% deducted as processing fees.
- No resignations will be allowed after the specified date, and a financial penalty may be imposed by the State Government.
- Step 9:Vacancy Handling:
- Any remaining vacancies after the 3rd round of counseling may be filled through upgradation/sliding among existing candidates who opted for the float option.
- Step 10:Spot Counseling (Mop-Up):
- If vacancies still exist, a spot counseling (mop-up) may be conducted.
- Physical presence is mandatory for candidates in spot counseling, and no authorizations are entertained.
- Candidates admitted after the 3rd round are not eligible for spot counseling.
- Step 11:Private Institution Seats:
- Unfilled seats in private institutions after spot counseling will be returned to the respective institutions for counseling and admission based on the NEET UG 2023 merit list.
- NEET Admit Card.
- NEET Result.
- Marksheet and Secondary school certificate
- Passing certificate of class 12th and its marksheet
- Leaving certificate of school or college
- Domicile certificate for proof of living in state for not less than 10 years.
- Category certificate, if it is applicable
MCC Counseling Registration
|1||Visit MCC Official Website||Go to the official MCC Counselling 2023|
|2||Find the Registration Link||Locate and click on the “Registration” or “New Registration” link on the homepage.|
|3||Read the Instructions||Carefully read and understand the provided instructions, guidelines, and eligibility criteria.|
|4||Fill in Personal Details||Enter accurate personal information: full name, date of birth, gender, contact number, email, etc.|
|5||NEET UG Details||Provide NEET UG exam details: roll number, application number, and exam year.|
|6||Generate Login Credentials||Create a unique username and strong password for future access to the counseling portal.|
|7||Payment of Registration Fee||Pay the prescribed fee using available online payment options. Follow provided payment instructions.|
|8||Verify and Submit||Review entered information, make corrections if needed, and submit the registration form.|
|9||Confirmation and Printout||Receive a confirmation message/email upon successful submission. Print or save as PDF for records.|
|10||Keep Registration Details Secure||Safely store registration number, login credentials, and payment receipt for future reference.|
|15% AIQ/Central Universities||Rs. 1,000||Rs. 500|
|Deemed University||Rs. 5,000||Rs. 5,000|
Security Fee (Refundable)
|15% AIQ/Central Universities||Rs. 1,0000||Rs. 5,000|
|Deemed University||Rs. 2,00,000||Rs. 2,00,000|
MCC Counselling Process
MCC will be the conducting the counselling process for admission to Medical, Dental Colleges and Nursing Colleges for the AIQ, Central Institutes, University, AIMS, JIPMER , Deemed universities, AMU, BHU and etc. The Counselling will be held in Four Rounds Namely Round 1, Round 2, Round 3 and additional Round known as Stray vacancy round which will be the last round for the counselling and admission. Here’re are some details about each round given below:
- Register for Main Counseling: Visit www.mcc.nic.in and register for Round-1 by paying a Non-Refundable Registration fee and Refundable Security Deposit.
- Choice Filling and Locking: Choose your preferred institutes and courses during the specified days and lock your choices.
- Seat Allotment Round-1: Based on your choices and merit, seats will be allotted in Round-1.
- Result Publication: The Round-1 result will be published on the MCC website.
- Upload Essential Certificates: After the result is declared, upload the necessary certificates as per the guidelines.
- Physical Reporting: If allotted a seat, physically report to the allocated Medical/Dental College with original documents. Those who want to upgrade to Round-2 must report with their original documents.
- Candidates Not Allotted in Round-1: If you weren’t allotted a seat in Round-1, no need to register again. You will automatically be considered for Round-2.
- Fresh Registration for Round-2: New candidates or those who didn’t register in Round-1 must register for Round-2 by paying the fees.
- Choice Filling and Locking: Fill new choices and lock them during the specified period.
- Seat Allotment Round-2: Seats will be allotted based on your choices and merit.
- Result Publication: The Round-2 result will be published on the MCC website.
- Upload Essential Certificates: After the Round-2 result is declared, upload the necessary certificates as per the guidelines.
- Physical Reporting: If allotted a seat in Round-2, physically report to the allocated Medical/Dental College. Upgraded candidates must take relieving from Round-1 seat and join Round-2 seat.
- Candidates Not Allotted in Previous Rounds: If you were not allotted a seat in Round-1 or Round-2, no need to register again. You will be considered for Round-3.
- Fresh Registration for Round-3: New candidates or those who didn’t register in Round-1 or Round-2 must register for Round-3 by paying the fees.
- Choice Filling and Locking: Fill new choices and lock them during the specified period.
- Seat Allotment Round-3: Seats will be allotted based on your choices and merit.
- Result Publication: The Round-3 result will be published on the MCC website.
- Upload Essential Certificates: After the Round-3 result is declared, upload the necessary certificates as per the guidelines.
- Physical Reporting: If allotted a seat in Round-3, physically report to the allocated Medical/Dental College.
FINAL STRAY VACANCY ROUND:
- Fresh Registrations: Candidates must register for the Final Stray Vacancy Round.
- Elimination: Candidates with allotted seats in other rounds will be eliminated from the Stray Vacancy Round.
- Stray Vacancy Round: The AIQ Stray Vacancy Round for vacant seats will be conducted online by MCC of DGHS, MoHFW.
- Seat Allotment: Seats will be allotted based on merit in the Stray Vacancy Round.
- Joining Allotted Seat: If allotted a seat in the Stray Round, the candidate must join the allocated seat/college. Failure to join will result in debarment from NEET examination for 01 year and forfeiture of fees.
(Note: Candidates can participate in Round-2 or Round-3 directly without fresh registration if they are not allotted a seat in the previous round. Upgraded candidates cannot claim their previous round seat.)
|Age||Minimum 17 years as of December 31, 2023, with no upper age limit.|
|Nativity||Candidates must be one of the following:|
– Permanent natives of Odisha, OR
– Children of All India Civil Service officers serving in the state of Odisha cadre.
|Educational Qualifications||– Must have passed +2 Science (Intermediate or equivalent) with the following subjects individually: Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and English.|
– Minimum aggregate marks of 50% in Physics, Chemistry & Biology at +2 Science level for General Candidates (GE).
– Minimum aggregate marks of 40% for SC/ST candidates.
– Minimum aggregate marks of 45% for benchmark disability candidates (PC-GE).
– Minimum aggregate marks of 40% for Physically Challenged candidates of SC/ST category (PC-SC/ST).
|NEET UG 2023 Qualification||– Candidates must have qualified in the NEET UG 2023 exam.|
For NRI Candidate
|Eligibility Criteria for NRI Candidates||Requirements|
|Eligibility||NRI candidates who have qualified NEET UG 2023 are eligible.|
|Definition of NRI||NRI refers to children or wards of a person of Indian origin residing outside India.|
|Documents Required for NRI Candidates||NRI candidates must submit the following documents as proof of their NRI status:|
– Documents that establish the sponsorer’s NRI status, such as the sponsorer’s Passport and Visa.
– Proof of the relationship between the NRI and the candidate as per the court order of the Hon’ble Supreme Court of India in case W.P.(c) No. 689/2017 – Consortium of Deemed University in Karnataka (CODEUNIK) & Ans. Vs Union of India & Ors. dated 22-08-2017.
– An affidavit from the sponsorer, duly notarized, confirming their commitment to sponsor the entire course fee of the candidate.
– An Embassy Certificate of the Sponsorer (Certificate from the Consulate).
NEET UG Cut Off 2023
|Category||Qualifying criteria||NEET Cutoff 2022||NEET Cutoff 2023|
|UR / EWS & PH||45th Percentile||116-105||136-121|
|OBC & PH||40th Percentile||104-93||120-107|
|SC & PH||40th Percentile||104-93||120-107|
|ST & PH||40th Percentile||104-93||120-108|
Sri Jagannath Medical College & Hospital, Puri Cut-Off 2022 (State Quota)
|Rounds||First Round||Second Round||2nd Extended Round||Mop Up Round|
|UR – SG (State Govt School)||30222||581||30222||581||30222||581||–||–|
|UR – GC (Green Card) Cutoff||20594||600||20594||600||20594||600||—||—|
|UR – EX (Ex-Servicemen)||—||—||24702||592||24702||592||—||–|
|UR – PH||907863||112||907863||112||—||—||—||–|
|EWS – SG (State Govt School)||—||—||—||—||—||—||—||—|
|EWS – GC (Green Card)||—||—||—||—||—||—||—||—|
|EWS – EX,PH||—||—||—||—||—||—||—||—|
|SC – SG (State Govt School)||60030||533||78128||508||91950||—||—||—|
|ST – SG (State Govt School)||997287||100||—||—||—||—||—||—|
|ST – GC & EX||—||—||—||—||—||—||—||—|
Sri Jagannath Medical College & Hospital, Puri Cut-Off 2022 (AIQ Quota)
|Rounds||First Round||Second Round||Mop-Up Round||Stray Vacancy-1||Stray Vacancy-1|
Sri Jagannath Medical College & Hospital, Puri
- Address: Sadar, Baliguali, Odisha 752002
- Admission Helpline no : 9667542500
- Website: https://sjmch.odisha.gov.in/
- Email ID: email@example.com
Ranking & Reputation
|Name of Institute||Sri Jagannath Medical College & Hospital, Puri|
NEET College Predictors
We understand the significance of choosing the right medical college for your bright future. Our website offers a variety of college predictors to ensure that you make informed decisions during the NEET counseling process.
With our NEET Score Predictor, input your NEET score, and instantly receive a personalized list of colleges where you have a higher chance of getting admitted. Our state-wise and category-based predictors further refine your options based on your preferences, giving you accurate and tailored results. we have offered you the top-of-the-class college predictors here’s the list of the college predictor for you;
- MBBS College Predictors
- BDS College Predictors
NEET Rank Predictors
NEET Rank Predictors are innovative tools designed to assist medical aspirants in estimating their All India Rank (AIR) in the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET). As one of the most competitive medical entrance exams in India, NEET plays a pivotal role in determining admission to undergraduate medical courses. NEET Rank Predictors empower students with insights into their performance, helping them set realistic goals and make informed decisions during the college selection process. Here’s the best ranks we’ve provided you with;
- MBBS Rank Predictors
- BDS Rank Predictors
Expert Admission Consultants
NEET Counselling takes pride in offering a team of highly experienced and dedicated Expert Admission Consultants who are committed to helping aspiring medical students achieve their dreams. Our consultants possess in-depth knowledge of the medical admission process and stay up-to-date with the latest developments in the field. They are well-versed in the intricacies of NEET counselling, medical college admissions, and various state-specific admission procedures. Here’s how our Expert Admission Consultants can help you with various counselling process
- MBBS Admission Consultant
- BDS Admission Consultant
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Where is Sri Jagannath Medical College & Hospital located?
A: The Sri Jagannath Medical College and Hospital is in Puri, Odisha, India.
Q: What courses are offered at SJMC?
A: SJMC offers undergraduate medical courses such as MBBS
Q: Is SJMC recognized by the National Medical Commission?
A: Yes, SJMC is recognized by the National Medical Commissionand is affiliated to the Utkal University.
Q: What are the hostel facilities available for students?
A: Male and female students have separate hostel facilities at SJMC. The hostels are well-kept and have all of the necessary amenities.
Q: What are the hospital facilities available at SJMC?
A: The hospital associated with SJMC is a 750-bedded facility equipped with the latest medical equipment and staffed by highly qualified medical professionals.
Q: Is there any entrance exam for admission to SJMC?
A: Yes, admission to SJMC is based on the NEET-UG entrance exams administered by the National Testing Agency (NTA).
Q: What is the duration of the MBBS course at SJMC?.
A: The MBBS programme at SJMC lasts five and a half years, including a one-year internship.
Q: Does SJMC provide transport facilities to students and faculty members?
A: Yes, for the convenience and safety of its students and faculty members, SJMC provides transportation.
Q: What are the sports facilities available at SJMC?
A: SJMC has a well-kept playground and gymnasium where students can participate in a variety of sports.
Q: Does SJMC provide scholarships to students?
A: Yes, scholarships are awarded to deserving and meritorious students based on academic performance and financial need.