Regional Cancer Centre Thiruvananthapuram, founded in 1981, is a world-class medical facility dedicated to cancer diagnosis, treatment, and research. This cancer centre, affiliated with the Kerala University of Health Sciences in Thrissur, Kerala, and recognised by the National Medical Commission, is a model of excellence in the field.
The Regional Cancer Centre Thiruvananthapuram, which is equipped with cutting-edge technology, provides a wide range of cancer-fighting services. These facilities feature cutting-edge equipment, advanced laboratories, and patient care amenities that offer the best possible care and support for cancer patients.
The centre offers postgraduate medical courses such as MD in Pathology, MD in Anaesthesiology, MD in Radiotherapy/Radiation Oncology, and MD in Radio Diagnosis/Radiology as part of its commitment to medical education. These educational programmes play an important role in the formation of qualified professionals who play an important role in the battle against cancer and contribute to continuous research and development in the field.
- 1 Quick Summary
- 2 Affiliation Recognition and Achievement
- 3 Facilities
- 4 Faculty and Staff
- 5 Course offers for PG Course
- 6 Internship Structure
- 7 MD Course Fees Structure
- 8 NEET PG Cut-Off
- 9 Counselling process
- 10 Documents Required For MD/MS
- 11 MCC 50% AIQ Quota
- 12 Ranking & Reputation
- 13 Contact Details
- 14 MD College Predictor
- 15 MD Admission Consultant
- 16 FAQs
- 17 What is the Regional Cancer Centre (RCC) Thiruvananthapuram, and when was it established?
- 18 Is RCC Thiruvananthapuram affiliated with any university or medical institution?
- 19 Is RCC Thiruvananthapuram recognized by the National Medical Commission (NMC)?
- 20 What services and facilities are available at RCC Thiruvananthapuram?
- 21 Does RCC Thiruvananthapuram offer postgraduate medical courses, and if so, what are they?
- 22 What are the research and clinical trial opportunities available at RCC Thiruvananthapuram?
- 23 Are there any community outreach and awareness programs offered by RCC Thiruvananthapuram?
- 24 Does RCC Thiruvananthapuram have a team of dedicated oncologists and healthcare professionals?
|Name of Institute||Regional Cancer Centre Thiruvanthapuram|
|Popular Name||RCC, Thiruvanthapuram|
|Year of Establishment||1981|
|Affiliated||Kerala University of Health Sciences, Thrissur, Kerala|
|Approved||National Medical Commission (NMC)|
|Hostel Facilities||Yes (Male and Female)|
|Category||Medical Colleges in Kerala|
|Entrance Exam for PG Course||NEET PG Exam|
|Course||MD (Doctor of Medicine)|
|Contact Details||Address: Medical College Campus, Post Bag No.2417,|
Admission Helpline Number : 9667542500
Affiliation Recognition and Achievement
- Affiliated with:- Kerala University of Health Sciences, Thrissur, Kerala
- Approved by:- National Medical Commission
- Aid Status:- Government
- Advanced Diagnostic Services: The center is equipped with cutting-edge diagnostic tools and equipment, including imaging technologies, pathology laboratories, and molecular diagnostics, to accurately detect and stage various types of cancers.
- Modern Treatment Modalities: RCC Thiruvananthapuram offers a wide range of treatment options, including surgery, chemotherapy, radiation therapy, immunotherapy, and targeted therapies. These modalities are administered by a team of experienced oncologists and healthcare professionals.
- Radiation Therapy: The center provides advanced radiation therapy services, including linear accelerators and brachytherapy, for precise and effective cancer treatment.
- Chemotherapy and Infusion Services: Patients have access to chemotherapy and infusion services, delivered by skilled oncology nurses in a comfortable and supportive environment.
- Supportive Care Services: RCC Thiruvananthapuram offers various supportive care services such as pain management, palliative care, and psychological counseling to enhance the overall well-being of patients during their cancer journey.
- Research and Clinical Trials: The center actively engages in cancer research and conducts clinical trials to explore innovative treatment options and contribute to advancements in the field of oncology.
- Patient Accommodation: RCC Thiruvananthapuram may provide lodging facilities for patients and their families who require accommodation during their treatment, ensuring their comfort and convenience.
- Education and Training: The center plays a crucial role in the education and training of medical professionals, offering programs that specialize in oncology and related fields.
- Cancer Prevention and Awareness: RCC Thiruvananthapuram is involved in community outreach and awareness programs to educate the public about cancer prevention and early detection.
Faculty and Staff
The Regional Cancer Centre Thiruvananthapuram boasts a dedicated and highly qualified team of faculty and staff members who play a pivotal role in delivering exceptional cancer care, conducting cutting-edge research, and contributing to the center’s educational endeavors. The faculty and staff at RCC Thiruvananthapuram include:
- Oncologists: The center is staffed with experienced medical oncologists, surgical oncologists, radiation oncologists, and other specialists who lead the diagnosis and treatment of cancer patients.
- Nurses: A team of oncology nurses provides compassionate and skilled care to patients, administering treatments, managing side effects, and offering support throughout the treatment process.
- Radiologists: Radiologists are responsible for interpreting imaging studies such as X-rays, MRIs, and CT scans to aid in the diagnosis and staging of cancer.
- Pathologists: Pathologists analyze tissue and blood samples to make accurate cancer diagnoses and determine the most appropriate treatment options.
- Support Staff: The center employs various support staff members, including administrative professionals, medical assistants, and technicians who contribute to the smooth functioning of the facility.
- Researchers: RCC Thiruvananthapuram conducts cutting-edge cancer research, and a team of dedicated researchers works on projects aimed at improving cancer treatment and care.
- Counselors and Psychologists: Psychosocial support is integral to cancer care, and the center has counselors and psychologists to provide emotional and psychological assistance to patients and their families.
- Educators: Faculty members involved in medical education and training programs ensure the next generation of healthcare professionals is well-prepared to address the challenges of oncology.
- Administrative Team: Administrative personnel manage the day-to-day operations of the center, including scheduling appointments, handling paperwork, and ensuring the efficient functioning of the facility.
- Volunteers: Volunteers may also be an essential part of the team, offering their time and support to assist patients and their families in various ways.
Course offers for PG Course
|Subjects||Compulsory time duration for Internship|
|Community Medicine||Two months|
|Medicine, including 15 days of Psychiatry||Two months|
|Surgery, including 15 days of Anaesthesia||Two months|
|Obstet./Gynae. including Family Welfare Planning||Two months|
|Orthopedics including PMR||One month|
|Elective posting||15 days|
MD Course Fees Structure
|MD Radiotherapy||Rs.3,00,000 (+ Rs.10,000 C.D one time)|
|MD Anaesthesiology||Rs.3,00,000 (+ Rs.10,000 C.D one time)|
|MD Pathology||Rs.3,00,000 (+ Rs.10,000 C.D one time)|
NOTE: The above-shared fees can vary from the actual fees and are subject to change. To know the exact fee structure, candidates can connect with a counseling expert at the Admission Helpline No. 9667542500.
|Academic Qualification||Applicants should possess an MBBS degree or provisional MBBS pass certificate recognized by the National Medical Commission (NMC) and must be registered permanently or provisionally with NMC or State Medical Council. They must have completed one year of internship or are likely to complete it on or before 31/5/2023.|
|Nativity||Indian Citizens of Kerala Origin or Persons of Indian Origin (PIO)/ Overseas Citizens of India (OCI) will be considered only for the NRI seats as per Gazette of India. Candidates who are sons/daughters of Non-Keralite parents and have obtained MBBS degree from any of the Medical Colleges in the State of Kerala are also eligible but they will not be eligible for Communal/Special/PD reservation benefits.|
|Age||There is no upper age limit for admission to PG Medical Courses 2023 except for ME Service Quota Candidates (47 years) and HS Service Quota and IM Service Quota Candidates (45 years) as on the date of notification for application invitation by CEE.|
|Qualifying Criteria||All candidates seeking admission to Post Graduate Medical Degree courses in the State of Kerala for the academic year 2023-2024 shall have to qualify the NEET PG-2023 conducted by the National Board of Examination, New Delhi. The minimum qualifying percentile is 50th percentile for General (UR) candidates, 45th percentile for General (UR) – PwD (PD) and EWS – PwD (PD) candidates, and 40th percentile for SC, ST, SEBC, SC-PwD(PD), ST-PwD(PD), and SEBC-PwD(PD) candidates.|
|Bond||Candidates who are sons/daughters of Non-Keralite parents and have obtained MBBS degree from any of the Medical Colleges in the State of Kerala should execute a bond to serve as Senior Resident for one year as envisaged in clause 11 of the prospectus.|
NEET PG Cut-Off
|Categories||Cut off percentile||Cutoff marks|
Step 1: Registration and Payment of Counselling Fee:
Candidates need to register themselves for the counselling process by visiting the official website of the Commissioner of Entrance Examinations (CEE), Kerala (https://www.cee.kerala.gov.in/) and paying the counselling fee online through the designated payment gateway.
Step 2: Document Verification:
Candidates need to upload scanned copies of their relevant documents such as NEET PG scorecard, MBBS degree certificate, internship completion certificate, etc. The documents will be verified by the authorities during the counselling process.
Step 3: Choice Filling and Locking:
Candidates have to choose and prioritize their preferred colleges and courses from the list of available options. After finalizing the choices, they need to lock them to confirm their selection.
Step 4 Seat Allotment
The authorities will allot seats based on the candidate’s NEET PG rank, preferences, category, and availability of seats. The results of seat allotment will be published on the official website.
Step 5 Reporting to the Allotted College:
Candidates who have been allotted seats need to report to the respective colleges within the given time frame, submit the necessary documents, and complete the admission formalities.
Step 6 Further Rounds of Counselling:
In case of vacant seats, the authorities may conduct further rounds of counselling for the remaining candidates.
Documents Required For MD/MS
- Data sheet of PG Medical issued by CEE.
- Date of Birth Proof: Secondary School Leaving Certificate/Senior
- Secondary Certificate/Indian Passport/Birth certificate.
- MBBS Degree /Pass Certificate
- House Surgeoncy (CRRI) Certificate.
- NEET (PG) Score Sheet.
- Original “Transfer Certificate” from the institution last studied.
- Relieving order from the institution last worked for those in Government service
- Originals of all the uploaded documents/certificates.
MCC 50% AIQ Quota
Medical Counselling Committee (MCC) is an autonomous body under the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India. The MCC is responsible for conducting online counselling for admission of 50% of seats to various postgraduate medical and dental courses in India, including MBBS and BDS, through the NEET UG and NEET PG exams, respectively.
The MCC conducts centralized counselling for the 50% All India Quota (AIQ) seats in government medical and dental colleges across India, as well as for seats in Deemed and Central Universities, ESIC, and AFMC colleges. The counselling process involves registration, choice filling, seat allotment, document verification, and admission to the allotted colleges.
MCC NEET Counselling Registration
MCC holds four rounds of NEET-UG counseling for AIQ, including a mop-up round and a stray vacancy round. Following the completion of Round 2, the MCC will fill the remaining seats in a mop-up round and a stray vacancy round. The following steps must be taken:
- Visit the official website: Visit the official website of MCC (https://mcc.nic.in/) and click on the “UG Medical Counseling” tab.
- New registration: Click on “New Registration” and fill in all the required details such as personal details, contact details, NEET exam details, and security pin. After filling in all the details, click on the “Submit” button.
- Login credentials: After successful registration, a new page will appear with your login credentials. Use these credentials to log in and fill in your choices of colleges and courses.
- Choice filling: Fill in your preferred colleges and courses in order of priority. You can choose as many choices as you want.
- Locking of choices: After you have filled in your choices, you need to lock them by clicking on the “Lock Choices” button. Once the choices are locked, you cannot make any changes.
- Seat allotment: The MCC conducts the seat allotment process based on your rank, category, and the choices filled by you. You will be able to see your seat allotment result on the official website.
- Reporting to the allotted college: If you are satisfied with the seat allotted to you, you need to report to the allotted college within the specified time with all the required documents and pay the admission fee.
MCC Counselling Fees Structure
Counselling Fee (Non Refundable)
|15% AIQ/Central Universities||Rs. 1,000/-|
|SC/ ST/ OBC/ PwD category candidates||Rs. 500/-|
|Deemed University Candidates||Rs. 5,000/-|
|15% AIQ/Central Universities||Rs. 25,000/-|
|SC/ ST/ OBC/ PwD category candidates||Rs. 10,000/-|
|Deemed University Candidates||Rs. 2,00,000/-|
Ranking & Reputation
|Name of Institute||Regional Cancer Centre, Thiruvanthapuram|
Regional Cancer Centre, Thiruvanthapuram
- Address: Medical College Campus, Post Bag No.2417,
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Admission Helpline Number : 9667542500
- Website: https://www.rcctvm.gov.in/
MD College Predictor
- MD College Predictor is a online tool that helps students predict which medical colleges they are likely to get admission to for Doctor of Medicine programs based on their NEET PG score, category, and preferred location. The predictor tool uses the previous year’s cut-off data, admission trends, and other relevant factors to generate a list of MD colleges that match the student’s score and preferences.
- The MD College Predictor tool helps students make informed decisions about their admission process by giving them an idea of the colleges they may get admission to. It also helps them plan their application process by shortlisting colleges based on their preferences and eligibility criteria.
MD Admission Consultant
- An MD admission consultant is a professional who provides guidance and assistance to students seeking admission to Doctor of Medicine (MD) programs in India. Our consultant have extensive knowledge and experience in the field of Medical education and can help students navigate the complex admission process.
- They provide expert advice, support, and guidance throughout the admission process, helping students make informed decisions and achieve their academic and career goals.
What is the Regional Cancer Centre (RCC) Thiruvananthapuram, and when was it established?
RCC Thiruvananthapuram is a specialized medical institution dedicated to cancer diagnosis, treatment, research, and education. It was established in 1981.
Is RCC Thiruvananthapuram affiliated with any university or medical institution?
Yes, RCC Thiruvananthapuram is affiliated with the Kerala University of Health Sciences, Thrissur, Kerala.
Is RCC Thiruvananthapuram recognized by the National Medical Commission (NMC)?
Yes, the center is recognized by the National Medical Commission, ensuring high standards of medical care and education.
What services and facilities are available at RCC Thiruvananthapuram?
RCC Thiruvananthapuram offers a wide range of services, including advanced diagnostic tools, modern treatment modalities, radiation therapy, chemotherapy, supportive care, research opportunities, and educational programs.
Does RCC Thiruvananthapuram offer postgraduate medical courses, and if so, what are they?
Yes, RCC Thiruvananthapuram provides postgraduate medical courses such as MD in Pathology, MD in Anaesthesiology, MD in Radiotherapy/Radiation Oncology, and MD in Radio Diagnosis/Radiology.
What are the research and clinical trial opportunities available at RCC Thiruvananthapuram?
The center actively engages in cancer research and conducts clinical trials to explore innovative treatment options and contribute to advancements in the field of oncology.
Are there any community outreach and awareness programs offered by RCC Thiruvananthapuram?
Yes, the center is involved in community outreach and awareness programs to educate the public about cancer prevention and early detection.
Does RCC Thiruvananthapuram have a team of dedicated oncologists and healthcare professionals?
Yes, RCC Thiruvananthapuram has a team of experienced oncologists, nurses, radiologists, pathologists, and support staff who provide compassionate and skilled care to patients.