Medical colleges in Uttarakhand provide undergraduate and postgraduate programmes in a variety of medical specialties, including MBBS, BDS, MD, MS, and others. Uttarakhand’s medical colleges are associated with the Hemwati Nandan Bahuguna Uttarakhand Medical Education University, which regulates and monitors medical education in the state. The medical institutions in Uttarakhand have modern infrastructure, latest technologies, and skilled staff members who give students with superior education.
The medical colleges in Uttarakhand offer numerous possibilities for students to obtain practical experience through clinical training in various hospitals and healthcare centers throughout the state. Students are also encouraged to take part in various research projects and conferences in order to obtain practical experience and improve their abilities. Uttarakhand medical colleges strive to develop highly skilled and competent medical professionals who can contribute to the country’s healthcare system.
- 1 Medical Course Facts
- 2 Why Uttarakhand is a popular destination for Medical aspirants?
- 3 About Medical Course (MBBS & MD/MS)
- 4 Career Opportunities & Scope
- 5 Salary Range & Job Outlook
- 6 Uttarakhand NEET Counselling Process
- 7 Counselling Process
- 8 Documents required
- 9 Registration Fees
- 10 Counselling Fee
- 11 Documents Required
- 12 Participating Medical Colleges
- 13 NEET College Predictors
- 14 NEET Rank Predictors
- 15 Expert Admission Consultants
- 16 FAQs
- 17 Q. How many medical colleges are there in Uttarakhand?
- 18 Q. What are the eligibility criteria for pursuing MBBS in Uttarakhand?
- 19 Q: What is the procedure for applying to medical Colleges in Uttarakhand?
- 20 Q: What are the tuition rates for medical colleges in Uttarakhand?
- 21 Q: What is the duration of MBBS course in medical colleges in Uttarakhand?
- 22 Q: What is the cost of medical courses in Uttarakhand?
- 23 Q: What are the most popular medical courses available in Uttarakhand?
Medical Course Facts
|Examination Type||NEET-UG||NEET-PG Exam|
|Approval From||National Medical Commission||National Medical Commission|
|Eligibility Criteria||10+2 with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology||MBBS Degree|
|Duration||5.5 years||3 years|
|Popular Medical Colleges in India||AIIMS AFMC JIPMER CMC Vellore KMC Manipal||AIIMS PGI Chandigarh CMC Vellore JIPMER KMC Manipal|
|Popular Medical Colleges In Uttarakhand||Veer Chandra Singh Garhwali Govt. Medical Sc. & Research Instt, Srinagar, Pauri GarhwalSoban Singh Jeena Government Institute of Medical Science & Research, AlmoraShri Guru Ram Rai Institute of Medical & Health Sciences, Dehradun||Himalayan Institute of Medical Sciences, DehradunGovernment Medical College (Prev.Uttarakhand Forest Hospital Trust Med.Col.), HaldwaniGautam Buddha Chikitsa Mahavidyalaya, Dehradum|
Why Uttarakhand is a popular destination for Medical aspirants?
Uttarakhand has been a popular destination for medical students for a variety of reasons. Here are a few examples:
- Quality Education: Uttarakhand is home to some of India’s greatest medical institutes, which provide students with high-quality education. These colleges include experienced teachers, cutting-edge facilities, and well-equipped laboratories and libraries to give students with a comprehensive education.
- Affordable Fees: When compared to other states, the fees for medical colleges in Uttarakhand are comparatively low. This makes it an appealing alternative for students seeking a high-quality education at a reasonable price.
- Practical Training: Medical colleges in Uttarakhand place a strong emphasis on providing students with hands-on experience. This gives students real-world experience and enables them to handle medical issues confidently.
- Scenic Beauty: Uttarakhand is well-known for its picturesque beauty and natural beauty. Medical students can benefit from Uttarakhand’s clean and healthy atmosphere, which is beneficial to their learning and overall well-being.
- Career Opportunities: Medical experts are in high demand in India, and Uttarakhand is no exception. Medical students in the state have numerous employment options and can expect to earn a fair living once they complete their school.
About Medical Course (MBBS & MD/MS)
- Medical education in India includes a wide range of courses at both the undergraduate and postgraduate levels. In India, the two most popular medical curricula are MBBS and MD/MS.
- The MBBS (Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery) degree programme lasts five and a half years. The programme consists of four and a half years of academic study and one year of mandatory internship. Anatomy, Physiology, Biochemistry, Pharmacology, Pathology, Microbiology, and Forensic Medicine are among the subjects covered in the programme.
- Students who have completed their MBBS can pursue postgraduate medical courses such as MD (Doctor of Medicine) and MS (Master of Surgery). The MD programme is a three-year postgraduate programme that focuses on clinical, non-surgical fields of medicine, whereas the MS programme focuses on surgical fields of medicine.
- Paediatrics, Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Dermatology, Radiology, Anesthesiology, Orthopaedics, Ophthalmology, and many other specialisations are available in MD and MS programmes.
- Students interested in pursuing MBBS and MD/MS programmes in India must pass the NEET (National Eligibility Cumulative Entrance Test) exam, which is administered by the National Testing Agency (NTA). The exam is required for admission to all medical schools in the country.
Career Opportunities & Scope
Medical candidates with an MBBS (Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery) or MD/MS (Doctor of Medicine/Master of Surgery) degree have a diverse range of job options. Some prominent employment paths for medical graduates include:
- Clinical Practise: MBBS graduates have the option of working as a general practitioner or family physician. MD/MS graduates can pursue careers as specialists in fields such as surgery, obstetrics and gynaecology, paediatrics, ophthalmology, and so on.
- Research: Medical graduates can work in pharmaceutical businesses, research organisations, or university institutions to pursue a career in research.
- Academics: Medical graduates can pursue a career as faculty members in medical colleges or universities.
- Public Health: Medical graduates with a background in public health can work in government or private organisations that focus on public health programmes such as health promotion, illness prevention, and healthcare policy.
- Hospital Management: Medical graduates can also serve as hospital administrators or healthcare managers in hospital management.
- Entrepreneurship: Medical graduates with a bachelor’s degree can open their own private clinics, hospitals, or healthcare-related companies.
Medical applicants have a wide range of chances for career advancement and professional development. The demand for competent and qualified medical personnel is likely to rise in the coming years as medical research and technology develop.
Salary Range & Job Outlook
- Medical candidates’ income ranges and career prospects vary depending on aspects such as location, experience, and speciality. Medical experts, on the other hand, are often well compensated and in high demand.
- As per report, the average compensation for an MBBS graduate in India is around INR 724,000 per year, whereas the average salary for an MD/MS graduate is around INR 1,382,000 per year. However, these figures can vary greatly depending on region, experience, and expertise.
- Medical personnel are in high demand in India and around the world. The need for healthcare services and medical experts is predicted to rise as the population grows. According to the Bureau of Labour Statistics (BLS), employment of physicians and surgeons in the United States is expected to expand at the same rate as the national average from 2019 to 2029.
- The job market for medical candidates is promising, with numerous career routes and prospects for growth and promotion.
Here is an approximate salary range for MBBS and MD/MS graduates in various job profiles based on industry standards and research:
|Job Profile||Salary Range for MBBS||Salary Range for MD/MS|
|General Physician||INR 4,00,000 – 10,00,000 per annum||INR 6,00,000 – 20,00,000 per annum|
|Medical Officer||INR 3,00,000 – 8,00,000 per annum||INR 6,00,000 – 15,00,000 per annum|
|Resident Doctor||INR 3,00,000 – 10,00,000 per annum||INR 6,00,000 – 20,00,000 per annum|
|Junior Consultant||INR 5,00,000 – 15,00,000 per annum||INR 10,00,000 – 25,00,000 per annum|
|Senior Consultant||INR 10,00,000 – 25,00,000 per annum||INR 20,00,000 – 50,00,000 per annum|
|Medical Professor||INR 8,00,000 – 20,00,000 per annum||INR 15,00,000 – 35,00,000 per annum|
|Medical Researcher||INR 4,00,000 – 15,00,000 per annum||INR 8,00,000 – 25,00,000 per annum|
Uttarakhand NEET Counselling Process
- Visit the Official Website: Go to the official Uttarakhand NEET Counseling 2023 website(https://www.hnbumu.ac.in/).
- Create an Account: Register by providing your personal details and creating an account.
- Log In: Use the account credentials to log in.
- Fill Choices: Fill in your preferred college and course choices.
- Rank Your Choices: Rank these choices according to your preference.
- Lock Choices: Lock your choices within the specified timeframe.
- Complete Registration: Submit your registration and await the seat allotment results.
Step 1: Registration for Counselling
- All NEET UG-2023 qualified eligible candidates must register for counselling in various rounds.
- Candidates who miss the 1st round can participate in Round-II and Round-III after registering and paying the required fee.
- Separate state merit lists are prepared for each round based on registration.
Step 2: Application Form Completion
- After filling out the form, candidates must click “SAVE” and review their entries.
- If satisfied, they can finally “LOCK” the application form and take a printout.
Step 3: Choice Preferences
- Candidates can exercise fresh choices during various rounds of counseling.
- Round-I is a Free Exit Round, meaning candidates can exit without penalties if allotted a seat but do not join.
- Round II and III are Exit with Forfeiture Rounds, where candidates can exit but will lose the security deposit.
- Candidates can opt for seat upgradation in Round II and III.
- If upgraded, the previous seat is automatically canceled and allocated to the next eligible candidate.
Step 4: Choice Filling
- Failure to fill any choice or save the form will make the candidate ineligible for seat allotment in that round.
- If the form is saved but not finally locked, it will be locked automatically as per the counseling schedule.
- General instructions for eligible candidates include registering and filling fresh choices in each counseling round.
- Separate state merit lists are created for each round.
Step 5: Registration Rounds
- Registration is available in each round of counseling as per the schedule.
- Failure to register in a specific round means the candidate won’t be considered for seat allotment in that round.
Step 6: Seat Allotment
- Candidates will be allotted seats based on their choices, merit, and availability.
- Once allotted, seats cannot be vacated, resigned, or surrendered in Round-III.
- Candidates should carefully consider their choices as allotment cannot be altered once done.
- The university/counseling board is not responsible for mistakes made by candidates.
- Copy of allotment letter
- Proof of payment of centralized advance tuition fee.
- High School (10th) Certificate for Age proof.
- Intermediate (10+2) Certificate.
- Intermediate (10+2) Mark sheet.
- NEET UG 2023 Admit Card (issued by NTA)
- NEET UG 2023 Result/Rank letter (issued by NTA)
- Certificate of Reserve category, if applicable.
- Certificate of Sub Category, if applicable. (for Domicile/Permanent resident of Uttarakhand
- PWD category certificate issued by the Special Medical Board constituted by the Director General Medical Health & Family welfare, Uttarakhand only, if applicable.
- Certificates required for Ward of Kashmiri Migrants, if applicable.(please refer to Information bulletin)
- Domicile Certificate ( For Uttarakhand candidate only)
- Valid ID proof (preferably Aadhaar Card/Passport/ PAN card/driving license , etc)
- Other document as per the requirement of the concerned college (kindly visit the college website or contact the concerned person)
- Remaining amount Bank Demand Draft (tuition fee/hostel/mess charges etc as per the allotted college)
|Category||Govt College (MBBS)||Private College(MBBS)||Private College (BDS)|
|SC/ST/OBC||Rs. 6,500/-||Rs. 6,500/-||Rs. 6,500/-|
|UR/EWS||Rs. 6,500/-||Rs. 6,500/-||Rs. 6,500/-|
|NRI||Rs. 6,500/-||Rs. 6,500/-||Rs. 6,500/-|
MCC Counseling Registration
|1||Visit MCC Official Website||Go to the official MCC Counselling 2023|
|2||Find the Registration Link||Locate and click on the “Registration” or “New Registration” link on the homepage.|
|3||Read the Instructions||Carefully read and understand the provided instructions, guidelines, and eligibility criteria.|
|4||Fill in Personal Details||Enter accurate personal information: full name, date of birth, gender, contact number, email, etc.|
|5||NEET UG Details||Provide NEET UG exam details: roll number, application number, and exam year.|
|6||Generate Login Credentials||Create a unique username and strong password for future access to the counseling portal.|
|7||Payment of Registration Fee||Pay the prescribed fee using available online payment options. Follow provided payment instructions.|
|8||Verify and Submit||Review entered information, make corrections if needed, and submit the registration form.|
|9||Confirmation and Printout||Receive a confirmation message/email upon successful submission. Print or save as PDF for records.|
|10||Keep Registration Details Secure||Safely store registration number, login credentials, and payment receipt for future reference.|
|15% AIQ/Central Universities||Rs. 1,000||Rs. 500|
|Deemed University||Rs. 5,000||Rs. 5,000|
Security Fee (Refundable)
|15% AIQ/Central Universities||Rs. 1,0000||Rs. 5,000|
|Deemed University||Rs. 2,00,000||Rs. 2,00,000|
MCC Counselling Process
MCC will be the conducting the counselling process for admission to Medical, Dental Colleges and Nursing Colleges for the AIQ, Central Institues, University, AIMS, JIPMER , Deemed universities, AMU, BHU and etc. The Counselling will be held in Four Rounds Namely Round 1, Round 2, Round 3 and additional Round known as Stray vacancy round which will be the last round for the counselling and admission. Here’re are some details about each round given below:
- Register for Main Counseling: Visit www.mcc.nic.in and register for Round-1 by paying a Non-Refundable Registration fee and Refundable Security Deposit.
- Choice Filling and Locking: Choose your preferred institutes and courses during the specified days and lock your choices.
- Seat Allotment Round-1: Based on your choices and merit, seats will be allotted in Round-1.
- Result Publication: The Round-1 result will be published on the MCC website.
- Upload Essential Certificates: After the result is declared, upload the necessary certificates as per the guidelines.
- Physical Reporting: If allotted a seat, physically report to the allocated Medical/Dental College with original documents. Those who want to upgrade to Round-2 must report with their original documents.
- Candidates Not Allotted in Round-1: If you weren’t allotted a seat in Round-1, no need to register again. You will automatically be considered for Round-2.
- Fresh Registration for Round-2: New candidates or those who didn’t register in Round-1 must register for Round-2 by paying the fees.
- Choice Filling and Locking: Fill new choices and lock them during the specified period.
- Seat Allotment Round-2: Seats will be allotted based on your choices and merit.
- Result Publication: The Round-2 result will be published on the MCC website.
- Upload Essential Certificates: After the Round-2 result is declared, upload the necessary certificates as per the guidelines.
- Physical Reporting: If allotted a seat in Round-2, physically report to the allocated Medical/Dental College. Upgraded candidates must take relieving from Round-1 seat and join Round-2 seat.
- Candidates Not Allotted in Previous Rounds: If you were not allotted a seat in Round-1 or Round-2, no need to register again. You will be considered for Round-3.
- Fresh Registration for Round-3: New candidates or those who didn’t register in Round-1 or Round-2 must register for Round-3 by paying the fees.
- Choice Filling and Locking: Fill new choices and lock them during the specified period.
- Seat Allotment Round-3: Seats will be allotted based on your choices and merit.
- Result Publication: The Round-3 result will be published on the MCC website.
- Upload Essential Certificates: After the Round-3 result is declared, upload the necessary certificates as per the guidelines.
- Physical Reporting: If allotted a seat in Round-3, physically report to the allocated Medical/Dental College.
FINAL STRAY VACANCY ROUND:
- Fresh Registrations: Candidates must register for the Final Stray Vacancy Round.
- Elimination: Candidates with allotted seats in other rounds will be eliminated from the Stray Vacancy Round.
- Stray Vacancy Round: The AIQ Stray Vacancy Round for vacant seats will be conducted online by MCC of DGHS, MoHFW.
- Seat Allotment: Seats will be allotted based on merit in the Stray Vacancy Round.
- Joining Allotted Seat: If allotted a seat in the Stray Round, the candidate must join the allocated seat/college. Failure to join will result in debarment from NEET examination for 01 year and forfeiture of fees.
(Note: Candidates can participate in Round-2 or Round-3 directly without fresh registration if they are not allotted a seat in the previous round. Upgraded candidates cannot claim their previous round seat.)
- NEET-UG Admissions card and score card.
- Class X Mark Sheet
- Class XI Mark Sheet
- H.S.C. Mark sheet or any other equivalent exam.
- Transfer certificate
- Graduation Certificate (if required)
- Permanent Community Certificate Card.
- Income Certificate for the candidates claiming fee exemption.
- Nativity certificate and supporting documentation are required for applicants who have studied from Standard VI to Standard XII in a state other than Tamil Nadu.
- The candidate who is a Tamil Nadu native and has studied from VI to XII standard in Tamil Nadu schools should also present supporting documentation of the parent’s certificates.
- Special Category Form with an additional fee of Rs.100/- via Bank payment portal with relevant certificates for Persons with Benchmark Disabilities, Eminent Sports Person and Ex-Servicemen, as applicable, along with the online application form should be uploaded.
Participating Medical Colleges
List Of Government Medical Colleges
|College Name||Affiliation||Type of Institute||Established Year||Seat Intake||Tuition Fees|
|All India Institute of Medical Sciences, Rishikesh||Statutory Autonomous, AIIMS (New Delhi)||Government||2012||125||11,450|
|Government Medical College, Haldwani||Hemwati Nandan Bahuguna Uttarakhand Medical Education University (HNBUMU)||Government||2001||125||1,45,000|
|Veer Chandra Singh Garhwali Government Institute of Medical Science & Research, Srinagar, Garhwal||Hemwati Nandan Bahuguna Uttarakhand Medical Education University (HNBUMU)||Government||175||175||1,45,000|
|Government Doon Medical College, Dehradun||Hemwati Nandan Bahuguna Uttarakhand Medical Education University (HNBUMU)||Government||2016||175||1,45,000|
|Soban Singh Jeena Government Medical College, Almora||Hemwati Nandan Bahuguna Uttarakhand Medical Education University (HNBUMU)||Government||2021||100||1,73,000|
List of Private Medical Colleges
|College Name||Affiliation||Type of Institute||Established Year||Seat Intake||Tuition Fees|
|Shri Guru Ram Rai Institute of Medical & Health Sciences, Dehradun||Shri Guru Ram Rai University||Private||2006||150||14,54,200|
|Himalayan Institute of Medical Sciences, Dehradun||Swami Rama Himalayan University, Dehradun||Private||1995||150||18,00,000|
|Gautam Buddha Chikitsa Mahavidyalaya, Dehradun||Ras Bihari Bose Subharti University, Dehradun||Private||2022||150||13,22,000|
NEET College Predictors
We understand the significance of choosing the right medical college for your bright future. Our website offers a variety of college predictors to ensure that you make informed decisions during the NEET counseling process.
With our NEET Score Predictor, input your NEET score, and instantly receive a personalized list of colleges where you have a higher chance of getting admitted. Our state-wise and category-based predictors further refine your options based on your preferences, giving you accurate and tailored results. we have offered you the top-of-the-class college predictors here’s the list of the college predictor for you;
- MBBS College Predictors
- BDS College Predictors
NEET Rank Predictors
NEET Rank Predictors are innovative tools designed to assist medical aspirants in estimating their All India Rank (AIR) in the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET). As one of the most competitive medical entrance exams in India, NEET plays a pivotal role in determining admission to undergraduate medical courses. NEET Rank Predictors empower students with insights into their performance, helping them set realistic goals and make informed decisions during the college selection process. Here’s the best ranks we’ve provided you with;
- MBBS Rank Predictors
- BDS Rank Predictors
Expert Admission Consultants
NEET Counselling takes pride in offering a team of highly experienced and dedicated Expert Admission Consultants who are committed to helping aspiring medical students achieve their dreams. Our consultants possess in-depth knowledge of the medical admission process and stay up-to-date with the latest developments in the field. They are well-versed in the intricacies of NEET counselling, medical college admissions, and various state-specific admission procedures. Here’s how our Expert Admission Consultants can help you with various counselling process
- MBBS Admission Consultant
- BDS Admission Consultant
Q. How many medical colleges are there in Uttarakhand?
A. Uttarakhand has a total of 8 medical colleges, including both government and private Colleges.
Q. What are the eligibility criteria for pursuing MBBS in Uttarakhand?
A. The candidate must have finished 10+2 education with Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and English as essential subjects and a minimum of 50% overall. In addition, they must take the NEET exam and obtain a qualifying score to be considered for admission.
Q: What is the procedure for applying to medical Colleges in Uttarakhand?
A: Admission to medical colleges in Uttarakhand is based on national level entrance tests such as the NEET (National Eligibility Cumulative Entrance Test). To obtain a seat at their selected medical institution, students must first pass the entrance exam and then attend counselling.
Q: What are the tuition rates for medical colleges in Uttarakhand?
A: Fees for medical colleges in Uttarakhand vary according on the college and course. In general, government medical universities charge lower tuition than private medical college.
Q: What is the duration of MBBS course in medical colleges in Uttarakhand?
A: The MBBS course in Uttarakhand medical institutes duration is five and a half years, including one year of mandatory internship.
Q: What is the cost of medical courses in Uttarakhand?
A: The fee structure for medical studies in Uttarakhand by varies college. However, government medical colleges in Uttarakhand have lower fees than private medical colleges.
Q: What are the most popular medical courses available in Uttarakhand?
A: Some of the prominent medical courses available in Uttarakhand are MBBS, BDS, BAMS, BHMS, B.Pharmacy and D.Pharmacy.