Medical education in Mizoram is provided by a few government and private medical colleges. Mizoram Institute of Medical Education and Research (MIMER) is a state government medical college in Falkawn, near Aizawl. It provides undergraduate medicine courses, including MBBS, as well as postgraduate programmes in several medical specializations. MIMER is a Mizoram University affiliate that is accredited by the Medical Council of India (MCI).
Mizoram medical college admissions are based on national level entrance tests such as NEET (National Eligibility Cumulative Entrance Test). To obtain a seat at their selected medical institution, students must first pass the entrance exam and then attend counselling. The pricing structure for medical colleges in Mizoram varies by college and course, with government colleges generally charging lower fees than private medical colleges.
- 1 Medical Course Facts
- 2 Why Mizoram is a popular destination for Medical aspirants?
- 3 About Medical Course (MBBS & MD/MS)
- 4 Career Opportunities & Scope
- 5 Salary Range & Job Outlook
- 6 Counselling Process State Quota
- 7 Counselling Registration
- 8 Counselling Process
- 9 Documents Required
- 10 Counselling Fee
- 11 Eligibility Criteria
- 12 NEET UG Cutoff
- 13 NEET College Predictors
- 14 NEET Rank Predictors
- 15 Expert Admission Consultants
- 16 Frequently Asked Questions
- 17 Q: What is the admissions process for medical colleges in Mizoram?
- 18 Q: What documents are necessary for admission to Mizoram's medical colleges?
- 19 Q: Does Mizoram have a reservation policy for admission to medical college?
- 20 Q: What is the cost of medical college in Mizoram?
- 21 Q: What are my job prospects after completing a medical course in Mizoram?
- 22 Q: What is the duration of MBBS course in medical colleges in Mizoram?
- 23 Q: What are the most popular medical courses available in Mizoram?
Medical Course Facts
|Examination Type||NEET-UG Exam||NEET-PG Exam|
|Approval From||National Medical Commission||National Medical Commission|
|Eligibility Criteria||10+2 with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology||MBBS Degree|
|Duration||5.5 years||3 years|
|Popular Medical Colleges in India||AIIMS AFMC JIPMER CMC Vellore KMC Manipal||AIIMS PGI Chandigarh CMC Vellore JIPMER KMC Manipal|
|Popular Medical Colleges In Mizoram||Zoram Medical College, Mizoram|
Why Mizoram is a popular destination for Medical aspirants?
Mizoram is a new yet fast growing state in northeast India. The state government has established medical colleges as one of various measures to strengthen the healthcare industry. Mizoram is quickly becoming a popular choice for medical students for the following reasons:
- Availability of quality education: Mizoram’s medical colleges provide quality education and training to their students, with experienced teachers and sophisticated infrastructure.
- Affordable fees: Medical degree tuition in Mizoram are comparatively affordable when compared to other states, making it an appealing alternative for students from economically disadvantaged backgrounds.
- Availability of scholarships: The Mizoram government and various private organisations provide scholarships to deserving students, easing their financial load.
- Good placement opportunities: Medical graduates from Mizoram are in high demand in hospitals and clinics across the country, with many students being employed in famous institutions.
- Peaceful and safe environment: Mizoram is known for its tranquil and safe environment, with a low crime rate, making it a perfect destination for students to pursue their education without fear of security.
About Medical Course (MBBS & MD/MS)
- Medical education in India includes a wide range of courses at both the undergraduate and postgraduate levels. In India, the two most popular medical curricula are MBBS and MD/MS.
- The MBBS (Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery) degree programme lasts five and a half years. The programme consists of four and a half years of academic study and one year of mandatory internship. Anatomy, Physiology, Biochemistry, Pharmacology, Pathology, Microbiology, and Forensic Medicine are among the subjects covered in the programme.
- Students who have completed their MBBS can pursue postgraduate medical courses such as MD (Doctor of Medicine) and MS (Master of Surgery). The MD programme is a three-year postgraduate programme that focuses on clinical, non-surgical fields of medicine, whereas the MS programme focuses on surgical fields of medicine.
- Paediatrics, Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Dermatology, Radiology, Anesthesiology, Orthopaedics, Ophthalmology, and many other specialisations are available in MD and MS programmes.
- Students interested in pursuing MBBS and MD/MS programmes in India must pass the NEET (National Eligibility Cumulative Entrance Test) exam, which is administered by the National Testing Agency (NTA). The exam is required for admission to all medical schools in the country.
Career Opportunities & Scope
Medical candidates with an MBBS (Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery) or MD/MS (Doctor of Medicine/Master of Surgery) degree have a diverse range of job options. Some prominent employment paths for medical graduates include:
- Clinical Practise: MBBS graduates have the option of working as a general practitioner or family physician. MD/MS graduates can pursue careers as specialists in fields such as surgery, obstetrics and gynaecology, paediatrics, ophthalmology, and so on.
- Research: Medical graduates can work in pharmaceutical businesses, research organisations, or university institutions to pursue a career in research.
- Academics: Medical graduates can pursue a career as faculty members in medical colleges or universities.
- Public Health: Medical graduates with a background in public health can work in government or private organisations that focus on public health programmes such as health promotion, illness prevention, and healthcare policy.
- Hospital Management: Medical graduates can also serve as hospital administrators or healthcare managers in hospital management.
- Entrepreneurship: Medical graduates with a bachelor’s degree can open their own private clinics, hospitals, or healthcare-related companies.
Medical applicants have a wide range of chances for career advancement and professional development. The demand for competent and qualified medical personnel is likely to rise in the coming years as medical research and technology develop.
Salary Range & Job Outlook
- Medical candidates’ income ranges and career prospects vary depending on aspects such as location, experience, and speciality. Medical experts, on the other hand, are often well compensated and in high demand.
- As per report, the average compensation for an MBBS graduate in India is around INR 724,000 per year, whereas the average salary for an MD/MS graduate is around INR 1,382,000 per year. However, these figures can vary greatly depending on region, experience, and expertise.
- Medical personnel are in high demand in India and around the world. The need for healthcare services and medical experts is predicted to rise as the population grows. According to the Bureau of Labour Statistics (BLS), employment of physicians and surgeons in the United States is expected to expand at the same rate as the national average from 2019 to 2029.
- The job market for medical candidates is promising, with numerous career routes and prospects for growth and promotion.
Here is an approximate salary range for MBBS and MD/MS graduates in various job profiles based on industry standards and research:
|Job Profile||Salary Range for MBBS||Salary Range for MD/MS|
|General Physician||INR 4,00,000 – 10,00,000 per annum||INR 6,00,000 – 20,00,000 per annum|
|Medical Officer||INR 3,00,000 – 8,00,000 per annum||INR 6,00,000 – 15,00,000 per annum|
|Resident Doctor||INR 3,00,000 – 10,00,000 per annum||INR 6,00,000 – 20,00,000 per annum|
|Junior Consultant||INR 5,00,000 – 15,00,000 per annum||INR 10,00,000 – 25,00,000 per annum|
|Senior Consultant||INR 10,00,000 – 25,00,000 per annum||INR 20,00,000 – 50,00,000 per annum|
|Medical Professor||INR 8,00,000 – 20,00,000 per annum||INR 15,00,000 – 35,00,000 per annum|
|Medical Researcher||INR 4,00,000 – 15,00,000 per annum||INR 8,00,000 – 25,00,000 per annum|
Counselling Process State Quota
Step 1: Access the Official Website: Visit the official website designated for Mizoram NEET Counselling 2023 (Click Here)
Step 2: Registration Link: Look for the “Registration” or “New Registration” link on the homepage and click on it.
Step 3: Personal Details: Fill in your personal information, including:
- NEET Roll Number
- Full Name
- Date of Birth
- Contact Number
- Email Address
- Category (General/SC/ST/OBC)
- State of Domicile
Step 4: Create Login Credentials: Create a unique login ID and password.
- Ensure your password meets the specified criteria, which may include a minimum length, uppercase letters, lowercase letters, numbers, and special characters.
Step 5: Verification: Review the details you provided for accuracy.
- Correct any errors or discrepancies if found.
Step 6: Submit: Once you’ve verified all your details, click the “Submit” or “Register” button to complete the registration process.
Step 7: Confirmation: After successful registration, you should receive a confirmation message or email indicating that your registration is complete.
Step 8: Log Out: Logout from your account to secure your registration information.
Step 1: Registration
- Start by completing the registration process on the official Mizoram NEET Counselling website (Click Here). Provide your personal details, NEET Roll Number, contact information, and create a login ID and password.
Step 2: Choice Filling:
- After registration, log in with your credentials and access the “Choice Filling” section.
- Browse through the list of available colleges and courses.
- Select and prioritize your preferred colleges and courses based on your preferences.
Step 3: Locking Choices
- Review your selected choices carefully.
- Once satisfied, lock your choices. This step confirms your preferences for the counselling process.
- Remember that locked choices cannot be changed.
Step 4: Seat Allotment:
- Wait for the counselling authorities to process your choices and allocate seats.
- Check the Mizoram NEET counselling portal on the specified date and time for the seat allotment results.
Step 5: Reporting at the Allotted Institute
- If you receive a seat allotment, you will be required to report to the allotted institute within the specified time frame.
- Carry all necessary documents, including your NEET scorecard, counselling letter, academic certificates, and identification proof.
Step 6: Document Verification and Fee Payment
- At the allotted institute, your documents will be verified.
- Pay the required admission fees, if applicable
Step 7: Security Deposit :
- You may be asked to submit a security deposit as part of the admission process.
- Ensure you complete this step within the specified time frame.
Step 8: Allotment Letter:
- Once all formalities are complete, you will receive your allotment letter
- This letter confirms your admission to the allotted college and program.
Step 9: Joining the Institute:
- Report to the allotted institute on the scheduled date to begin your academic journey.
Step 10: Additional Rounds (if applicable):
- If there are subsequent counselling rounds, follow a similar process for choice filling, seat allotment, and reporting.
- 10th Class Mark sheet (As proof of Date of Birth)
- 12th Class Mark Sheet
- NEET 2023 Admit Card and Score Card
- Income Certificate of Last Two Years for OBC Category Candidates
- Domicile Certificate (if applicable)
- Caste Certificate (if applicable)
- State Medical Board issued Physically Handicapped Certificate (if applicable)
- Freedom Fighter Certificate issued by Collectorate (if applicable)
- Armed forces certificate (issued by company Commander)/ex-servicemen certificate (issued by Sainik Kalyan board of residing district and endorsed by director state Sainik Kalyan Board) (if required)
- Employee certificate (for NDMC applicants)
MCC Counseling Registration
|1||Visit MCC Official Website||Go to the official MCC Counselling 2023|
|2||Find the Registration Link||Locate and click on the “Registration” or “New Registration” link on the homepage.|
|3||Read the Instructions||Carefully read and understand the provided instructions, guidelines, and eligibility criteria.|
|4||Fill in Personal Details||Enter accurate personal information: full name, date of birth, gender, contact number, email, etc.|
|5||NEET UG Details||Provide NEET UG exam details: roll number, application number, and exam year.|
|6||Generate Login Credentials||Create a unique username and strong password for future access to the counseling portal.|
|7||Payment of Registration Fee||Pay the prescribed fee using available online payment options. Follow provided payment instructions.|
|8||Verify and Submit||Review entered information, make corrections if needed, and submit the registration form.|
|9||Confirmation and Printout||Receive a confirmation message/email upon successful submission. Print or save as PDF for records.|
|10||Keep Registration Details Secure||Safely store registration number, login credentials, and payment receipt for future reference.|
|15% AIQ/Central Universities||Rs. 1,000||Rs. 500|
|Deemed University||Rs. 5,000||Rs. 5,000|
Security Fee (Refundable)
|15% AIQ/Central Universities||Rs. 1,0000||Rs. 5,000|
|Deemed University||Rs. 2,00,000||Rs. 2,00,000|
MCC Counselling Process
MCC will be the conducting the counselling process for admission to Medical, Dental Colleges and Nursing Colleges for the AIQ, Central Institutes, University, AIMS, JIPMER , Deemed universities, AMU, BHU and etc. The Counselling will be held in Four Rounds Namely Round 1, Round 2, Round 3 and additional Round known as Stray vacancy round which will be the last round for the counselling and admission. Here’re are some details about each round given below:
- Register for Main Counseling: Visit www.mcc.nic.in and register for Round-1 by paying a Non-Refundable Registration fee and Refundable Security Deposit.
- Choice Filling and Locking: Choose your preferred institutes and courses during the specified days and lock your choices.
- Seat Allotment Round-1: Based on your choices and merit, seats will be allotted in Round-1.
- Result Publication: The Round-1 result will be published on the MCC website.
- Upload Essential Certificates: After the result is declared, upload the necessary certificates as per the guidelines.
- Physical Reporting: If allotted a seat, physically report to the allocated Medical/Dental College with original documents. Those who want to upgrade to Round-2 must report with their original documents.
- Candidates Not Allotted in Round-1: If you weren’t allotted a seat in Round-1, no need to register again. You will automatically be considered for Round-2.
- Fresh Registration for Round-2: New candidates or those who didn’t register in Round-1 must register for Round-2 by paying the fees.
- Choice Filling and Locking: Fill new choices and lock them during the specified period.
- Seat Allotment Round-2: Seats will be allotted based on your choices and merit.
- Result Publication: The Round-2 result will be published on the MCC website.
- Upload Essential Certificates: After the Round-2 result is declared, upload the necessary certificates as per the guidelines.
- Physical Reporting: If allotted a seat in Round-2, physically report to the allocated Medical/Dental College. Upgraded candidates must take relieving from Round-1 seat and join Round-2 seat.
- Candidates Not Allotted in Previous Rounds: If you were not allotted a seat in Round-1 or Round-2, no need to register again. You will be considered for Round-3.
- Fresh Registration for Round-3: New candidates or those who didn’t register in Round-1 or Round-2 must register for Round-3 by paying the fees.
- Choice Filling and Locking: Fill new choices and lock them during the specified period.
- Seat Allotment Round-3: Seats will be allotted based on your choices and merit.
- Result Publication: The Round-3 result will be published on the MCC website.
- Upload Essential Certificates: After the Round-3 result is declared, upload the necessary certificates as per the guidelines.
- Physical Reporting: If allotted a seat in Round-3, physically report to the allocated Medical/Dental College.
FINAL STRAY VACANCY ROUND:
- Fresh Registrations: Candidates must register for the Final Stray Vacancy Round.
- Elimination: Candidates with allotted seats in other rounds will be eliminated from the Stray Vacancy Round.
- Stray Vacancy Round: The AIQ Stray Vacancy Round for vacant seats will be conducted online by MCC of DGHS, MoHFW.
- Seat Allotment: Seats will be allotted based on merit in the Stray Vacancy Round.
- Joining Allotted Seat: If allotted a seat in the Stray Round, the candidate must join the allocated seat/college. Failure to join will result in debarment from NEET examination for 01 year and forfeiture of fees.
(Note: Candidates can participate in Round-2 or Round-3 directly without fresh registration if they are not allotted a seat in the previous round. Upgraded candidates cannot claim their previous round seat.)
|Qualify Exam||NEET conducted By NTA|
|Nationality||Applicants must be Indian citizens.NRI candidates with Indian passports are also eligible to apply. Under the NRI Category, overseas citizens of India (OCI) and Persons of Indian origin (PIO) are eligible to apply.|
|Age Limit||17 years old (as of December 31). In addition, the candidate’s maximum age should be 25 years.|
|Qualification||The candidate must have passed from a recognized board/institute with a Class 12 credential or equivalent. In addition, the qualifying test should include biology, chemistry, English, and physics as core subjects.A minimum of 50% is required for the general category, 40% for SC/ST, and 45% for physically disabled candidates.|
NEET UG Cutoff
|Category||Qualifying criteria||NEET Cutoff 2022||NEET Cutoff 2023|
|UR / EWS & PH||45th Percentile||116-105||136-121|
|OBC & PH||40th Percentile||104-93||120-107|
|SC & PH||40th Percentile||104-93||120-107|
|ST & PH||40th Percentile||104-93||120-108|
Participating Medical Colleges
|Sr. No||College Name||Affiliation||Institute Type||Established Year||Seat Intake|
|Zoram Medical College, Mizoram||Mizoram University||Govt.||2018||100|
NEET College Predictors
We understand the significance of choosing the right medical college for your bright future. Our website offers a variety of college predictors to ensure that you make informed decisions during the NEET counseling process.
With our NEET Score Predictor, input your NEET score, and instantly receive a personalized list of colleges where you have a higher chance of getting admitted. Our state-wise and category-based predictors further refine your options based on your preferences, giving you accurate and tailored results. we have offered you the top-of-the-class college predictors here’s the list of the college predictor for you;
- MBBS College Predictors
- BDS College Predictors
NEET Rank Predictors
NEET Rank Predictors are innovative tools designed to assist medical aspirants in estimating their All India Rank (AIR) in the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET). As one of the most competitive medical entrance exams in India, NEET plays a pivotal role in determining admission to undergraduate medical courses. NEET Rank Predictors empower students with insights into their performance, helping them set realistic goals and make informed decisions during the college selection process. Here’s the best ranks we’ve provided you with;
- MBBS Rank Predictors
- BDS Rank Predictors
Expert Admission Consultants
NEET Counselling takes pride in offering a team of highly experienced and dedicated Expert Admission Consultants who are committed to helping aspiring medical students achieve their dreams. Our consultants possess in-depth knowledge of the medical admission process and stay up-to-date with the latest developments in the field. They are well-versed in the intricacies of NEET counselling, medical college admissions, and various state-specific admission procedures. Here’s how our Expert Admission Consultants can help you with various counselling process
- MBBS Admission Consultant
- BDS Admission Consultant
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What is the admissions process for medical colleges in Mizoram?
A: Admission to medical colleges in Mizoram is dependent on NEET (National Eligibility Cumulative Entrance Test) scores. Students must pass the NEET and apply for admission to Mizoram medical colleges through the state counselling process.
Q: What documents are necessary for admission to Mizoram's medical colleges?
A: NEET scorecard, 10th and 12th mark sheets, caste certificate (if applicable), domicile certificate, and passport-sized pictures are required for admission to medical colleges in Mizoram.
Q: Does Mizoram have a reservation policy for admission to medical college?
A: Yes, the Mizoram government has a reservation policy for admission to medical schools. The reservation system is divided into Scheduled Castes (SC), Scheduled Tribes (ST), Other Backward Classes (OBC), and Physically Handicapped (PH) groups.
Q: What is the cost of medical college in Mizoram?
A: The fee structure for medical education in Mizoram varies by college. However, as comparison to other states, the prices for medical courses in Mizoram are very affordable.
Q: What are my job prospects after completing a medical course in Mizoram?
A: Mizoram medical graduates can work in a variety of hospitals, clinics, and healthcare organizations across the country. They can also continue their study or do research in the medical sciences.
Q: What is the duration of MBBS course in medical colleges in Mizoram?
A: The MBBS course duration in Mizoram medical college is five and a half years, including one year of mandatory internship.
Q: What are the most popular medical courses available in Mizoram?
A: The medical courses available in Mizoram are MBBS, BDS, BAMS, BHMS, B.Pharmacy and D.Pharmacy.