Dr BR Ambedkar State Institute of Medical Sciences is a medical school college in Mohali, Punjab, India. It was named after Dr. B.R. Ambedkar, the principal architect of the Indian Constitution, in 2021.
The institution offers undergraduate (MBBS) courses and is affiliated to Baba Farid University of Health Sciences in Faridkot. The campus has a total area of 50 acres and has a hospital with 750 bed capacity.
The institute has a library, lecture halls, auditorium, and laboratories for academic and research purposes that are all well-equipped.The faculty contains of experienced professors, instructors, and healthcare experts who are dedicated to offering students with a high-quality education.
The institute also provides emergency treatment, outpatient services, inpatient services, and diagnostic services to the general public through its hospital.
|Name of Institute||Dr BR Ambedkar State Institute of Medical Sciences, SAS Nagar , Mohali|
|Popular Name||Dr BR Ambedkar State Institute of Medical Sciences,|
|Year of Establishment||2021|
|Affiliated to||Baba Farid University of Health Sciences|
|Counselling Conducting Body||Department of Medical education and Research of Baba Farid University|
|Approved by||National Dental Commission, New Delhi|
|Hostel Facilities||Yes (Male and Female)|
|Entrance Exam for UG courses||NEET UG Exam|
|Category||Medical Colleges in Maharashtra|
|Contact||Address: 56A, Sec 56, near Civil Hospital, Sector 57, Sahibzada Ajit Singh Nagar, 160055 |
Admission Helpline Number : 9667542500
Affiliation, Recognition, and Aid Status
Affiliated with: Baba Farid University of Health Sciences
Approved by: National Medical Commission
Aid Status: Government
Ambedkar State Institute of Medical Sciences offers a wide range of services to its students, faculty, and workers.. Among the amenities accessible at the institution are:
Library: The institute has a well-stocked library with a vast collection of books, journals, and research papers in the field of medicine and allied sciences. It also provides access to various online databases and e-resources.
Lecture halls: The institute has modern lecture halls equipped with audio-visual aids, including projectors and smart boards.
Laboratories: The institute has well-equipped laboratories for various disciplines, including anatomy, physiology, biochemistry, microbiology, pathology, and forensic medicine.
Hostel: The institute provides hostel facilities for both boys and girls, with separate accommodation and mess facilities.
Hospital: The institute has a 750-bed hospital, which provides various healthcare services to the public, including emergency care, outpatient services, inpatient services, and diagnostic services.
Sports facilities: The institute has facilities for indoor and outdoor sports, including a gymnasium, basketball court, volleyball court, and cricket ground.
Cafeteria: The institute has a cafeteria that serves healthy and hygienic food to students, faculty, and staff members.
Transport: The institute provides transport facilities for students and staff members to commute to and from the institute.
Dr. B.R. Ambedkar State Institute of Medical Sciences offers an inviting atmosphere for study and development, with all required facilities and amenities on campus.
- Community Medicine
- Emergency Medicine
- Forensic Medicine
- Internal Medicine
- General Surgery
- Obstetrics and gynaecology
- Respiratory Medical
- Radio diagnosis
Faculty and Staff
The faculty of Dr. B.R. Ambedkar State Institute of Medical Sciences is highly trained and experienced, and they are committed to giving quality education to its students. Professors, assistant professors, associate professors, and lecturers who specialise in various medical areas comprise the faculty.
Guest professors and professionals from various institutions and industries are invited to offer seminars and share their experience with the students.
The institution features a team of talented and devoted staff members that work together to maintain the institute’s seamless operation. Administrative employees, technical staff, and support staff oversee many element, such as admissions, accounting, maintenance, and security.
Courses Offered and Intake Capacity
For Undergraduate Courses
|MBBS||4 and ½ years + 1 Year Internship||100|
|Subjects||Compulsory time duration for Internship|
|Community Medicine||Two months|
|Medicine, including 15 days of Psychiatry||Two months|
|Surgery, including 15 days of Anaesthesia||Two months|
|Obstet./Gynae. including Family Welfare Planning||Two months|
|Orthopedics including PMR||One month|
|Elective posting||15 days|
For UG course (MBBS)
|Name||Pre Clinical||Para Clinical||Clinical|
|Semester||Semester 1 – 2||Semester 3 – 5||Semester 6 – 9|
|Subjects||Biochemistry||Community Medicine||Community medicine and allied subjects (Psychiatry, Dermatology)|
|Anatomy||Forensic Medicine||Obstetrics and Gynecology|
|—||Pathology||Surgery and allied subjects|
For UG Course
|Course||Years||Fees (per annum)|
|MBBS||1st Year||Rs. 1,66,00/-|
|2nd Year||Rs. 1,82,000/-|
|3rd Year||Rs. 1,98,000/-|
|4th Year||Rs. 2,15,000/-|
|5th Year||Rs. 1,01,000/-|
NOTE: The above-shared fees can vary from the actual fees and are subject to change. To know the exact fee structure, candidates can connect with a counseling expert at the Admission Helpline No. 9667542500.
NEET Counselling Process
Candidates must register for Punjab NEET counselling to be considered for admission to 85% state quota seats in MBBS and BDS. Punjab MBBS & BDS Admissions application forms are now available. After the submission of the Punjab NEET counselling application form and fee, a state merit list containing the names of shortlisted candidates are released.
- Candidates must register on the official website for Punjab NEET counselling.
- Enter your personal information, including your NEET score and category.
- Fill out the Application form with your personal and educational information.
- Fill out the application form and click the submit button.
- Make a note of your registration ID and password for future use.
In order to submit their willingness, interested candidates must pay a refundable security fee (INR 10,000 for Govt colleges and INR 100,000 for both Govt and Pvt colleges).
- Candidates must pay the Punjab NEET Counselling fee online using a debit card, a credit card, or a net banking account.
- The application fee for the Open category is INR 5000 (+18% GST) and INR 2500 (+18% GST) for the unreserved category.
- Candidates must bring a printout of the application form as well as the payment receipt.
- Candidates whose names are listed on the state merit list should log into the webpage using the previously generated ID and password to fill out the course as well as college preferences.
- This is an important stage because MBBS/BDS seats would be assigned based on the choices made by the candidates
Seat allocation and Reporting at the College
- BFUHS publishes the seat allotment list on the official website based on the merit of the candidates as well as the choices made.
- Candidates who have been assigned a seat must report to the institute by the deadline for document verification.
MCC 15 % AIQ Quota
Medical Counselling Committee (MCC) is an autonomous body under the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India. The MCC is responsible for conducting online counselling for admission to various undergraduate and postgraduate medical and dental courses in India, including MBBS and BDS, through the NEET UG and NEET PG exams, respectively.
The MCC conducts centralized counselling for the All India Quota (AIQ) seats in government medical and dental colleges across India, as well as for seats in Deemed and Central Universities, ESIC, and AFMC colleges. The counselling process involves registration, choice filling, seat allotment, document verification, and admission to the allotted colleges.
MCC NEET Counselling Registration
MCC holds four rounds of NEET-UG counseling for AIQ, including a mop-up round and a stray vacancy round. Following the completion of Round 2, the MCC will fill the remaining seats in a mop-up round and a stray vacancy round. The following steps must be taken:
- Visit the official website: Visit the official website of MCC (https://mcc.nic.in/) and click on the “UG Medical Counseling” tab.
- New registration: Click on “New Registration” and fill in all the required details such as personal details, contact details, NEET exam details, and security pin. After filling in all the details, click on the “Submit” button.
- Login credentials: After successful registration, a new page will appear with your login credentials. Use these credentials to log in and fill in your choices of colleges and courses.
- Choice filling: Fill in your preferred colleges and courses in order of priority. You can choose as many choices as you want.
- Locking of choices: After you have filled in your choices, you need to lock them by clicking on the “Lock Choices” button. Once the choices are locked, you cannot make any changes.
- Seat allotment: The MCC conducts the seat allotment process based on your rank, category, and the choices filled by you. You will be able to see your seat allotment result on the official website.
- Reporting to the allotted college: If you are satisfied with the seat allotted to you, you need to report to the allotted college within the specified time with all the required documents and pay the admission fee.
MCC Counselling Fees Structure
Counselling Fee (Non Refundable)
|15% AIQ/Central Universities||Rs. 1,000||Rs. 500|
|Deemed University||Rs. 5,000||Rs. 5,000|
Security Fee (Refundable)
|15% AIQ/Central Universities||Rs. 1,0000||Rs. 5,000|
|Deemed University||Rs. 2,00,000||Rs. 2,00,000|
|Qualify Exam||NEET conducted By NTA|
|Nationality||Applicants must be Indian citizens.NRI candidates with Indian passports are also eligible to apply. Under the NRI Category, Overseas Citizens of India (OCI) and Persons of Indian Origin (PIO) are eligible to apply.|
|Age Limit||17 years old (as on December 31). In addition, the candidate’s maximum age should be 25 years.|
|Qualification||The candidate must have passed from a recognized board/institute with a Class 12 credential or equivalent. In addition, the qualifying test should include Biology, Chemistry, English, and Physics as core subjects.|
|Qualifying Marks||A minimum of 50% is required for the general category, 40% for SC/ST, and 45% for Physically Disabled candidates.Candidates must have studied English as one of their subjects and have passed the four subjects listed above individually.|
|Domicile||Candidates must be Punjab State residents. They must have completed the last two years of their education in a Punjab institution. Wards of government, state, defense, and military personnel are also eligible. Candidates who apply under the NRI quota are also eligible.|
NEET UG Cut Off
|Category||Qualifying Marks||Percentile Criteria|
|General/EWS & PH Category||116-105||45th Percentile|
|SC/BC & PH Category||104-93||40th Percentile|
MBBS College Predictor
MBBS College Predictor is a tool or software that helps students predict which MBBS colleges they are likely to get admission in based on their NEET UG score, preferred location, and category. The predictor tool uses the previous year’s cut-off date, admission trends, and other relevant factors to generate a list of BDS colleges that match the student’s score and preferences.
The MBBS College Predictor tool helps students make informed decisions about their admission process by giving them an idea of the colleges they may get admission to. It also helps them plan their application process by shortlisting colleges based on their preferences and eligibility criteria.
MBBS Admission Consultant
A MBBS Admission Consultant is a professional who provides guidance and assistance to students seeking admission to MBBS (Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery) courses in India. Our consultant typically has extensive knowledge and experience in the field of medical education and can help students navigate the complex admissions process. Helping students choose the right colleges based on their academic record, career goals, and personal preferences.
Assisting students with the application process, including filling out application forms, writing personal statements, and gathering necessary documents. Our top admission consultants are committed to serving each individual with the utmost integrity around the clock. Feel free to contact our admission consultant for any admission-related queries.
Dr BR Ambedkar State Institute of Medical Sciences, SAS Nagar , Mohali
- Address: 56A, Sec 56, near Civil Hospital, Sector 57, Sahibzada Ajit Singh Nagar, 160055
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: https://www.aimsmohali.punjab.gov.in/
- Admission Helpline no : 966754250
Ranking & Reputation
|Name of Institute||Dr BR Ambedkar State Institute of Medical Sciences, SAS Nagar , Mohali|
For UG Courses
- NEET Admit Card
- NEET Scorecard
- Class 10th Mark Sheet and Passing Certificate
- Class 12th Mark Sheet and Passing Certificate
- School Leaving Certificate or Transfer Certificate
- Caste Certificate (if applicable)
- Non-Creamy Layer Certificate (if applicable)
- Income Certificate (if applicable)
- Domicile Certificate
- Aadhar Card
- Passport Size Photographs
- Any other relevant documents as required by the Admission Committee
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: When was Dr. B.R. Ambedkar State Institute of Medical Sciences established?
A: The Dr. B.R. Ambedkar State Institute of Medical Sciences was founded in 2021.
Q: What courses are offered by the institute?
A: The institute offers undergraduate (MBBS)
Q: Is the institute affiliated with any university?
A: Yes, the institute is affiliated with Baba Farid University of Health Sciences in Faridkot.
Q: Does the institute have a hospital?
A: Yes, the institute features a 750-bed hospital that offers a variety of healthcare services to the general population.
Q: What facilities are available for students?
A: Students have access to a library, lecture rooms, labs, a dormitories, sports facilities, and a canteen at the institute.
Q: What is the faculty like at Dr. B.R. Ambedkar State Institute of Medical Sciences?
A: A: The institute’s faculty is highly skilled and experienced in a variety of medical specialties.
Q: Are there any research opportunities for students at the institute?
A: Yes, the institution fosters research and gives several possibilities for students to engage in research projects and publish their findings.
Q: What is the admission process for MBBS at the institute?
A: The MBBS admission procedure comprises taking the NEET test and engaging in the online counselling process run by the Punjab Directorate of Medical Education and Research.
Q: Does the institute provide transport facilities for students?
A: Yes, the institute provides transportation to and from the institute for students and staff members.
Q: What is the location of the institute?
A: The institute is located in Mohali, Punjab, India.