Bhabha Atomic Research Centre Mumbai, is an esteemed institution established in 1954. It is affiliated with the Homi Bhabha National Institute (Deemed University), also situated in Mumbai, and holds recognition from the National Medical Commission. BARC is renowned for its commitment to excellence in education and research in the field of medical sciences.
BARC provides a conducive atmosphere for ambitious medical professionals to pursue their higher education by offering a variety of specialised MD programmes, including MD in Pathology, MD in Anaesthesiology, and MD in Nuclear Medicine. BARC is a prominent organisation in the field of healthcare and nuclear medicine, with a long history of scientific accomplishments and a commitment to cultivating talent in the medical arena.
- 1 Quick Summary
- 2 Affiliation Recognition and Achievement
- 3 Facilities
- 4 Faculty and Staff
- 5 Course offers for PG Course
- 6 Internship Structure
- 7 MD Course Fees Structure
- 8 NEET PG Cut-Off
- 9 Bhabha Atomic Research Centre Mumbai– Cut Off 2022 (AIQ Quota)
- 10 MCC 50% AIQ Quota
- 11 Ranking & Reputation
- 12 Contact Details
- 13 MD College Predictor
- 14 MD Admission Consultant
- 15 FAQs
- 16 What is BARC, Mumbai?
- 17 Is BARC affiliated with any university?
- 18 What medical courses are offered at BARC, Mumbai?
- 19 How long are the MD courses at BARC, Mumbai?
- 20 Is BARC recognized by the National Medical Commission (NMC)?
- 21 Are there research facilities available at BARC for medical students?
|Name of Institute||Bhabha Atomic Research Centre Mumbai|
|Popular Name||BARC , Mumbai|
|Year of Establishment||1954|
|Affiliated||Homi Bhabha National Institute (Deemed University), Mumbai|
|Approved||National Medical Commission (NMC)|
|Hostel Facilities||Yes (Male and Female)|
|Category||Medical Colleges in Maharashtra|
|Entrance Exam for PG Course||NEET PG Exam|
|Course||MD (Doctor of Medicine)|
|Contact Details||Address: |
Admission Helpline Number : 9667542500
Affiliation Recognition and Achievement
- Affiliated with:- Homi Bhabha National Institute (Deemed University), Mumbai
- Approved by:- National Medical Commission
- Aid Status:- Government
The Bhabha Atomic Research Centre (BARC) in Mumbai is equipped with state-of-the-art facilities to support its research and medical programs. These facilities are designed to provide a conducive environment for both learning and cutting-edge research. Some of the key facilities at BARC include:
- Laboratories: BARC houses advanced research laboratories that are well-equipped with the latest scientific instruments and technology. These laboratories support various research initiatives and experiments in the fields of pathology, anaesthesiology, and nuclear medicine.
- Research Infrastructure: The center boasts a comprehensive research infrastructure, allowing students and researchers to delve into in-depth studies. This includes access to nuclear medicine equipment, diagnostic tools, and specialized research apparatus.
- Library: BARC’s library is a valuable resource for students and researchers, offering an extensive collection of medical literature, journals, and reference materials. It provides a quiet and conducive space for study and research.
- Medical Facilities: The center has medical facilities and clinics on-site to cater to the health and well-being of students, staff, and researchers. These facilities ensure that medical assistance is readily available when needed.
- Hostel Accommodation: For the convenience of students and researchers, BARC provides hostel accommodation with various amenities. These facilities offer a comfortable and secure place to reside during the course of study.
- Recreational Areas: BARC recognizes the importance of a balanced lifestyle and provides recreational areas where students and researchers can unwind and socialize.
- Research Support: The center offers comprehensive research support services, including access to databases, research assistance, and guidance from experienced faculty.
- Medical Equipment: Given its specialization in nuclear medicine, BARC is equipped with advanced medical equipment to facilitate research and practical training in the field.
- Safety Measures: Safety is a top priority, especially in nuclear medicine. BARC has stringent safety proto
Faculty and Staff
Bhabha Atomic Research Centre (BARC) in Mumbai takes pride in its dedicated and highly qualified faculty and staff members. The institution is committed to maintaining a team of professionals who are experts in their respective fields and are dedicated to providing top-notch education, guidance, and support to students. The faculty and staff at BARC include:
- Professors and Lecturers: BARC’s academic staff comprises professors and lecturers with extensive experience in medical disciplines. They play a pivotal role in imparting knowledge, conducting research, and guiding students in their academic pursuits.
- Research Scientists: As a research-intensive institution, BARC employs research scientists who are actively involved in cutting-edge research projects. Their work contributes to advancements in fields such as pathology, anaesthesiology, and nuclear medicine.
- Administrative Personnel: The administrative staff at BARC ensures the smooth day-to-day operation of the institution. They handle various administrative tasks, including admissions, student services, and facility management.
- Support Staff: BARC’s support staff, including laboratory assistants, technicians, and maintenance personnel, play a vital role in maintaining the facilities and laboratories. They assist in practical sessions and ensure equipment is in working order.
- Library and Information Specialists: The library and information specialists are responsible for managing the institution’s library resources. They help students and researchers access relevant materials and provide research support.
- Medical Practitioners: Given the focus on nuclear medicine, BARC employs medical practitioners and physicians who oversee clinical practices and provide medical care when needed. They ensure the safety and well-being of everyone on the premises.
- Counselors: BARC recognizes the importance of mental health and well-being. Counselors are available to provide support and guidance to students who may require assistance during their academic journey.
- Security Personnel: Safety is a priority at BARC, especially in a research center that deals with nuclear medicine. Security personnel are responsible for ensuring the safety and security of the institution’s premises.
- Research Assistants: Research assistants work closely with faculty and research scientists to support ongoing research projects. Their contributions are valuable in the pursuit of scientific advancements.
- Technical Experts: BARC employs technical experts who specialize in the operation and maintenance of advanced medical equipment used in research and clinical practice.
Course offers for PG Course
|MD – Radiotherapy/ Radiation Oncology||3 years||–|
|MD – Pathology||3 years||–|
|MD – Anaesthesiology||3 years||–|
|MD – Nuclear Medicine||3 years||6|
|Subjects||Compulsory time duration for Internship|
|Community Medicine||Two months|
|Medicine, including 15 days of Psychiatry||Two months|
|Surgery, including 15 days of Anaesthesia||Two months|
|Obstet./Gynae. including Family Welfare Planning||Two months|
|Orthopedics including PMR||One month|
|Elective posting||15 days|
MD Course Fees Structure
|Fee Category||Tuition Fees|
|Tuition Fee||Rs. 75,500/-|
NOTE: The above-shared fees can vary from the actual fees and are subject to change. To know the exact fee structure, candidates can connect with a counseling expert at the Admission Helpline No. 9667542500.
|NRI Status||Not eligible, except for NRI quota seats in unaided private and private minority medical colleges (maximum 15%)|
|Education||Completed MBBS from a college in Maharashtra affiliated with the Maharashtra University of Health Sciences Act, 1998 or a medical college affiliated with a deemed university under the University Grant Commission Act of 1956 (Section 13/A), and completed or likely to complete one-year internship by September 30, 2023.|
|Medical Registration||Provisional or permanent registration from the National Medical Commission (NMC)/erstwhile MCI or Maharashtra Medical Council (MMC) or other state council required|
|NEET-PG Exam||Must have appeared for NEET-PG 2023 and declared eligible by the competent authority of NEET-PG 2023, Government of India, New Delhi|
|Minimum Marks||General and EWS categories: 50th percentile, Constitutional reservation and PWD categories: 40th percentile, PWD from general and EWS categories: 45th percentile.|
|Medical Fitness||Must be medically fit.|
|Document Verification||Registration certificate and relevant certificates for reservation categories required at the time of document verification process.|
|Revised Eligibility Criteria||Eligibility criteria decided by NMC/Government of India if revised will be applicable from time to time.|
NEET PG Cut-Off
|Categories||Cut off percentile||Cutoff marks|
Bhabha Atomic Research Centre Mumbai– Cut Off 2022 (AIQ Quota)
|Category||Course||Opening All India rank||Closing All India rank|
|General||MD Nuclear Medicine||1897||2302|
|OBC||MD Nuclear Medicine||2178||3469|
|SC||MD Nuclear Medicine||–||–|
|ST||MD Nuclear Medicine||–||–|
MCC 50% AIQ Quota
Medical Counselling Committee (MCC) is an autonomous body under the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India. The MCC is responsible for conducting online counselling for admission of 50% of seats to various postgraduate medical and dental courses in India, including MBBS and BDS, through the NEET UG and NEET PG exams, respectively.
The MCC conducts centralized counselling for the 50% All India Quota (AIQ) seats in government medical and dental colleges across India, as well as for seats in Deemed and Central Universities, ESIC, and AFMC colleges. The counselling process involves registration, choice filling, seat allotment, document verification, and admission to the allotted colleges.
MCC NEET Counselling Registration
MCC holds four rounds of NEET-UG counseling for AIQ, including a mop-up round and a stray vacancy round. Following the completion of Round 2, the MCC will fill the remaining seats in a mop-up round and a stray vacancy round. The following steps must be taken:
- Visit the official website: Visit the official website of MCC (https://mcc.nic.in/) and click on the “UG Medical Counseling” tab.
- New registration: Click on “New Registration” and fill in all the required details such as personal details, contact details, NEET exam details, and security pin. After filling in all the details, click on the “Submit” button.
- Login credentials: After successful registration, a new page will appear with your login credentials. Use these credentials to log in and fill in your choices of colleges and courses.
- Choice filling: Fill in your preferred colleges and courses in order of priority. You can choose as many choices as you want.
- Locking of choices: After you have filled in your choices, you need to lock them by clicking on the “Lock Choices” button. Once the choices are locked, you cannot make any changes.
- Seat allotment: The MCC conducts the seat allotment process based on your rank, category, and the choices filled by you. You will be able to see your seat allotment result on the official website.
- Reporting to the allotted college: If you are satisfied with the seat allotted to you, you need to report to the allotted college within the specified time with all the required documents and pay the admission fee.
MCC Counselling Fees Structure
Counselling Fee (Non Refundable)
|15% AIQ/Central Universities||Rs. 1,000/-|
|SC/ ST/ OBC/ PwD category candidates||Rs. 500/-|
|Deemed University Candidates||Rs. 5,000/-|
|15% AIQ/Central Universities||Rs. 25,000/-|
|SC/ ST/ OBC/ PwD category candidates||Rs. 10,000/-|
|Deemed University Candidates||Rs. 2,00,000/-|
Ranking & Reputation
|Name of Institute||Bhabha Atomic Research Centre, Mumbai|
Bhabha Atomic Research Centre, Mumbai
- Address: Trombay, Mumbai – 400 085 India
- Email: email@example.com
- Admission Helpline Number : 9667542500
- Website: https://www.barc.gov.in/
MD College Predictor
- MD College Predictor is a online tool that helps students predict which medical colleges they are likely to get admission to for Doctor of Medicine programs based on their NEET PG score, category, and preferred location. The predictor tool uses the previous year’s cut-off data, admission trends, and other relevant factors to generate a list of MD colleges that match the student’s score and preferences.
- The MD College Predictor tool helps students make informed decisions about their admission process by giving them an idea of the colleges they may get admission to. It also helps them plan their application process by shortlisting colleges based on their preferences and eligibility criteria.
MD Admission Consultant
- An MD admission consultant is a professional who provides guidance and assistance to students seeking admission to Doctor of Medicine (MD) programs in India. Our consultant have extensive knowledge and experience in the field of Medical education and can help students navigate the complex admission process.
- They provide expert advice, support, and guidance throughout the admission process, helping students make informed decisions and achieve their academic and career goals.
What is BARC, Mumbai?
BARC, Mumbai, stands for Bhabha Atomic Research Centre and is a prominent research institution in India. It specializes in various fields of science and technology, including nuclear research.
Is BARC affiliated with any university?
Yes, BARC is affiliated with Homi Bhabha National Institute (HBNI), which is a deemed university based in Mumbai.
What medical courses are offered at BARC, Mumbai?
BARC, Mumbai, offers medical postgraduate courses including MD in Pathology, Anaesthesiology, and Nuclear Medicine, as well as MD in Radiotherapy/Radiation Oncology.
How long are the MD courses at BARC, Mumbai?
The MD courses at BARC typically have a duration of 3 years.
Is BARC recognized by the National Medical Commission (NMC)?
Yes, BARC is recognized by the National Medical Commission (NMC), making it a credible institution for medical education.
Are there research facilities available at BARC for medical students?
Yes, BARC provides state-of-the-art research facilities for medical students, allowing them to engage in cutting-edge research in various medical fie