Medical Colleges in Pondicherry are well-known for offering high-quality medical education. Pondicherry has a number of medical colleges that offer courses in various medical specialisations. Pondicherry University and the National Medical Commission regulate the medical education system.
These colleges place a strong emphasis on giving their students both theoretical and practical knowledge in the medical field. The professors offer students individualised attention and are skilled and knowledgeable in their fields to help them succeed academically.
The colleges offer students opportunities for practical training and research thanks to their modern infrastructure and technology. The curriculum is made to be current and in line with the most recent developments in the medical industry. Furthermore, the colleges offer students chances to participate in internships, clinical rotations, and hands-on training at affiliated hospitals.
- 1 Medical Course Facts
- 2 Why Pondicherry is a popular destination for Medical aspirants?
- 3 About Medical Course (MBBS & MD/MS)
- 4 Career Opportunities & Scope
- 5 Salary Range & Job Outlook
- 6 Puducherry NEET Counselling Procedure
- 7 Counselling Process
- 220.127.116.11 1. Round 1 and Round 2 Allotment:
- 18.104.22.168 2. Online Allotment:
- 22.214.171.124 3. Round 2 Allotment:
- 126.96.36.199 4. Download Allotment Order:
- 188.8.131.52 5. Reporting to College:
- 184.108.40.206 6. Mopup and Stray Vacancy Counselling:
- 220.127.116.11 7. Sliding in Round 2:
- 18.104.22.168 8. Offline Counselling (If Necessary):
- 22.214.171.124 9. Maintain Discipline:
- 8 Application Fee
- 9 Documents Required for UG Course
- 10 Documents Required for PG Course
- 11 Counselling Fee
- 12 Documents Required for UG Courses
- 13 NEET College Predictors
- 14 NEET Rank Predictors
- 15 Expert Admission Consultants
- 16 Participating Medical Colleges
- 17 Frequently asked questions
- 17.1 Q:What are the top medical colleges in Pondicherry?
- 17.2 Q:What is the admission process for medical colleges in Pondicherry?
- 17.3 Q:What are the courses offered in medical colleges in Pondicherry?
- 17.4 Q:What are the job opportunities after completing medical education from Pondicherry?
- 17.5 Q:What are the eligibility criteria for admission into medical colleges?
- 17.6 Q:What is the duration of the MBBS course?
- 17.7 Q:Is it necessary to clear the NEET exam for admission into medical colleges?
- 17.8 Q:What are the different specializations offered in medical colleges?
Medical Course Facts
|Examination Type||NEET-UG Exam||NEET-PG Exam|
|Eligibility Criteria||10+2 with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology||MBBS degree|
|Duration||5.5 years||3 years|
|Popular Medical College in India||AIIMS AFMC JIPMER CMC Vellore KMC Manipal||AIIMS PGI Chandigarh CMC Vellore JIPMER KMC Manipal|
|Popular Medical College in Pondicherry||Indira Gandhi Medical College & Research Institute, PuducherryJawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education & Research, PuducherryVinayaka Missions Medical College, Karaikal, PondicherrySri Venkateswaraa Medical College, Hospital & Research Centre, Pondicherry||Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education & Research, PuducherryIndira Gandhi Medical College & Research Institute, PuducherrySri Venkateswaraa Medical College, Hospital & Research Centre, Pondicherry|
Why Pondicherry is a popular destination for Medical aspirants?
- Due to the presence of reputable medical colleges and hospitals that provide high-quality medical education and healthcare facilities, Pondicherry is a popular destination for medical aspirants. The region has long been heavily influenced by France, which has helped shape the growth of its healthcare system.
- Pondicherry medical colleges offer courses in a variety of medical disciplines, including medicine and allied health sciences. Students have access to world-class education and research facilities because the colleges are affiliated with prestigious universities and institutions.
- Modern infrastructure and facilities, highly qualified faculty, and a demanding curriculum are all provided by the medical colleges in Pondicherry, ensuring that students receive a thorough education in medicine. A more affordable option for medical students is Pondicherry because of its low cost of living in comparison to other significant Indian cities.
About Medical Course (MBBS & MD/MS)
- Medical education in India includes a wide range of courses at both the undergraduate and postgraduate levels. In India, the two most popular medical curricula are MBBS and MD/MS.
- The MBBS (Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery) degree programme lasts five and a half years. The programme consists of four and a half years of academic study and one year of mandatory internship. Anatomy, Physiology, Biochemistry, Pharmacology, Pathology, Microbiology, and Forensic Medicine are among the subjects covered in the programme.
- Students who have completed their MBBS can pursue postgraduate medical courses such as MD (Doctor of Medicine) and MS (Master of Surgery). The MD programme is a three-year postgraduate programme that focuses on clinical, non-surgical fields of medicine, whereas the MS programme focuses on surgical fields of medicine.
- Paediatrics, Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Dermatology, Radiology, Anesthesiology, Orthopaedics, Ophthalmology, and many other specialisations are available in MD and MS programmes.
- Students interested in pursuing MBBS and MD/MS programmes in India must pass the NEET (National Eligibility Cumulative Entrance Test) exam, which is administered by the National Testing Agency (NTA). The exam is required for admission to all medical schools in the country.
Career Opportunities & Scope
Medical candidates with an MBBS (Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery) or MD/MS (Doctor of Medicine/Master of Surgery) degree have a diverse range of job options. Some prominent employment paths for medical graduates include:
- Clinical Practise: MBBS graduates have the option of working as a general practitioner or family physician. MD/MS graduates can pursue careers as specialists in fields such as surgery, obstetrics and gynaecology, paediatrics, ophthalmology, and so on.
- Research: Medical graduates can work in pharmaceutical businesses, research organisations, or university institutions to pursue a career in research.
- Academics: Medical graduates can pursue a career as faculty members in medical colleges or universities.
- Public Health: Medical graduates with a background in public health can work in government or private organisations that focus on public health programmes such as health promotion, illness prevention, and healthcare policy.
- Hospital Management: Medical graduates can also serve as hospital administrators or healthcare managers in hospital management.
- Entrepreneurship: Medical graduates with a bachelor’s degree can open their own private clinics, hospitals, or healthcare-related companies.
Medical applicants have a wide range of chances for career advancement and professional development. The demand for competent and qualified medical personnel is likely to rise in the coming years as medical research and technology develop.
Salary Range & Job Outlook
- Medical candidates’ income ranges and career prospects vary depending on aspects such as location, experience, and speciality. Medical experts, on the other hand, are often well compensated and in high demand.
- As per report, the average compensation for an MBBS graduate in India is around INR 724,000 per year, whereas the average salary for an MD/MS graduate is around INR 1,382,000 per year. However, these figures can vary greatly depending on region, experience, and expertise.
- Medical personnel are in high demand in India and around the world. The need for healthcare services and medical experts is predicted to rise as the population grows. According to the Bureau of Labour Statistics (BLS), employment of physicians and surgeons in the United States is expected to expand at the same rate as the national average from 2019 to 2029.
- The job market for medical candidates is promising, with numerous career routes and prospects for growth and promotion.
Here is an approximate salary range for MBBS and MD/MS graduates in various job profiles based on industry standards and research:
|Job Profile||Salary Range for MBBS||Salary Range for MD/MS|
|General Physician||INR 4,00,000 – 10,00,000 per annum||INR 6,00,000 – 20,00,000 per annum|
|Medical Officer||INR 3,00,000 – 8,00,000 per annum||INR 6,00,000 – 15,00,000 per annum|
|Resident Doctor||INR 3,00,000 – 10,00,000 per annum||INR 6,00,000 – 20,00,000 per annum|
|Junior Consultant||INR 5,00,000 – 15,00,000 per annum||INR 10,00,000 – 25,00,000 per annum|
|Senior Consultant||INR 10,00,000 – 25,00,000 per annum||INR 20,00,000 – 50,00,000 per annum|
|Medical Professor||INR 8,00,000 – 20,00,000 per annum||INR 15,00,000 – 35,00,000 per annum|
|Medical Researcher||INR 4,00,000 – 15,00,000 per annum||INR 8,00,000 – 25,00,000 per annum|
Puducherry NEET Counselling Procedure
Step 1. Visit the Website:
- Go to www.centacpuducherry.in to apply for Undergraduate Medical/Dental/Ayurveda/Veterinary courses.
Step 2. Create Login Details:
- Provide a valid Mobile Number and Email ID on the “New Registration” page.
- Carefully enter your Mobile Number and Email ID as all future communications will be sent to them.
- Create a new password (up to six characters) specifically for online registration (different from your email account password).
Step 3. Enter Information:
- Fill in all required details on the application form.
- Verify that all information is accurate as it will be used throughout the admission process, and changes won’t be allowed.
Step 4. Login:
- After successful registration, log in using your “registered email-id” and “password” to access the online application form.
Step 5. Document Upload (where necessary):
Upload the following documents as required:
- Passport size photograph of the applicant (20 to 50 KB)
- Scanned signature of the applicant (20 to 50 KB)
- Self-attested copy of High School/Higher Secondary Certificate/Birth Certificate for date of birth verification (100 to 500 KB)
- Self-attested copy of Residence/Community/EWS/Freedom Fighter/Ex-Serviceman/Person with Disabilities/Sports certificates, if applicable (100 to 500 KB)
- Affidavit as per Annexure I-A on a 20 Rs. E-Stamp paper duly attested by a Notary for claiming Puducherry Residence.
- Self-attested copy of Admit Card of UG-NEET 2023 (100 to 500 KB)
- Self-attested copy of Score card of UG-NEET 2023 (100 to 500 K
1. Round 1 and Round 2 Allotment:
- For Government Quota, Management Quota, and NRI seats, Round 1 and Round 2 allotments are available.
- NRI candidates can choose between online and offline modes.
- CENTAC can decide to conduct counseling online or offline based on the situation.
2. Online Allotment:
Allotment in Rounds 1 and 2 is based on:
- Candidate’s course preferences
- Seat category
- NEET Rank
If a candidate doesn’t submit course preferences, they won’t be allotted a seat.
3. Round 2 Allotment:
- Candidates must express their willingness and pay Registration Fees (for M.B.B.S.) before selecting course preferences in Round 2.
4. Download Allotment Order:
- After publishing the provisional allotment list, allotted candidates should log in and download their Allotment Order.
5. Reporting to College:
- Allotted candidates must report to their assigned college within the scheduled date and time.
- Required documents: Application form, Provisional Allotment Order, and original certificates.
- After document verification and fee payment, colleges will confirm provisional admission and issue an Admission slip.
6. Mopup and Stray Vacancy Counselling:
- Detailed guidelines for Mopup and Stray Vacancy Counselling will be available on the CENTAC website.
7. Sliding in Round 2:
- If a seat is allotted during sliding in Round 2, the previous allotment will be forfeited.
- College-to-college sliding is allowed during counseling based on merit and reservation.
- Individual transfer requests are not permitted.
- Mutual transfers are also not allowed.
8. Offline Counselling (If Necessary):
- If a candidate can’t attend offline counseling due to unforeseen reasons, they can authorize a representative.
- The authorized representative must provide an undertaking and authority letter along with the required original documents.
- The allotment made to the representative will be binding on the candidate.
9. Maintain Discipline:
- Candidates should behave responsibly during counseling for its smooth conduct.
- Engagement in any inappropriate activities will result in disqualification from the current and future academic sessions.
|All (except SC/ST/PwD)||Type of Quota||SC/ST/PwD|
|Rs. 1000 /-||Govt. Quota (Puducherry Residents)||Rs. 500 /-|
|Rs. 2000 /-||Management Quota (All)||Rs. 1000 /-|
|Rs. 5000 /-||NRI / NRI Sponsored / FN / OCI / PIO||_|
Documents Required for UG Course
- 10+2 mark sheet and Certificate of passing
- Birth certificate / 10th mark sheet
- Nativity Certificate
- Category certificate (if applicable)
- Character certificate
- Proof of Identity (Aadhaar, PAN Card, Driving license)
- Allotment Letters
- Payment receipt of application fee
- A printed copy of the filled-in online application form
- Photographs (passport size)
- Demand Draft (DD) receipt
- NEET Rank Card and Admit Card
Documents Required for PG Course
- MBBS pass certificate and completion certificate.
- NEET PG 2023 admit card.
- NEET PG 2023 scorecard.
- Final MBBS part II mark sheet.
- CRRI certificate.
- Community certificate, if applicable.
- Permanent/provisional medical registration certificate issued by NMC.
MCC Counseling Registration
|1||Visit MCC Official Website||Go to the official MCC Counselling 2023|
|2||Find the Registration Link||Locate and click on the “Registration” or “New Registration” link on the homepage.|
|3||Read the Instructions||Carefully read and understand the provided instructions, guidelines, and eligibility criteria.|
|4||Fill in Personal Details||Enter accurate personal information: full name, date of birth, gender, contact number, email, etc.|
|5||NEET UG Details||Provide NEET UG exam details: roll number, application number, and exam year.|
|6||Generate Login Credentials||Create a unique username and strong password for future access to the counseling portal.|
|7||Payment of Registration Fee||Pay the prescribed fee using available online payment options. Follow provided payment instructions.|
|8||Verify and Submit||Review entered information, make corrections if needed, and submit the registration form.|
|9||Confirmation and Printout||Receive a confirmation message/email upon successful submission. Print or save as PDF for records.|
|10||Keep Registration Details Secure||Safely store registration number, login credentials, and payment receipt for future reference.|
|15% AIQ/Central Universities||Rs. 1,000||Rs. 500|
|Deemed University||Rs. 5,000||Rs. 5,000|
Security Fee (Refundable)
|15% AIQ/Central Universities||Rs. 1,0000||Rs. 5,000|
|Deemed University||Rs. 2,00,000||Rs. 2,00,000|
MCC Counselling Process
MCC will be the conducting the counselling process for admission to Medical, Dental Colleges and Nursing Colleges for the AIQ, Central Institues, University, AIMS, JIPMER , Deemed universities, AMU, BHU and etc. The Counselling will be held in Four Rounds Namely Round 1, Round 2, Round 3 and additional Round known as Stray vacancy round which will be the last round for the counselling and admission. Here’re are some details about each round given below:
- Register for Main Counseling: Visit www.mcc.nic.in and register for Round-1 by paying a Non-Refundable Registration fee and Refundable Security Deposit.
- Choice Filling and Locking: Choose your preferred institutes and courses during the specified days and lock your choices.
- Seat Allotment Round-1: Based on your choices and merit, seats will be allotted in Round-1.
- Result Publication: The Round-1 result will be published on the MCC website.
- Upload Essential Certificates: After the result is declared, upload the necessary certificates as per the guidelines.
- Physical Reporting: If allotted a seat, physically report to the allocated Medical/Dental College with original documents. Those who want to upgrade to Round-2 must report with their original documents.
- Candidates Not Allotted in Round-1: If you weren’t allotted a seat in Round-1, no need to register again. You will automatically be considered for Round-2.
- Fresh Registration for Round-2: New candidates or those who didn’t register in Round-1 must register for Round-2 by paying the fees.
- Choice Filling and Locking: Fill new choices and lock them during the specified period.
- Seat Allotment Round-2: Seats will be allotted based on your choices and merit.
- Result Publication: The Round-2 result will be published on the MCC website.
- Upload Essential Certificates: After the Round-2 result is declared, upload the necessary certificates as per the guidelines.
- Physical Reporting: If allotted a seat in Round-2, physically report to the allocated Medical/Dental College. Upgraded candidates must take relieving from Round-1 seat and join Round-2 seat.
- Candidates Not Allotted in Previous Rounds: If you were not allotted a seat in Round-1 or Round-2, no need to register again. You will be considered for Round-3.
- Fresh Registration for Round-3: New candidates or those who didn’t register in Round-1 or Round-2 must register for Round-3 by paying the fees.
- Choice Filling and Locking: Fill new choices and lock them during the specified period.
- Seat Allotment Round-3: Seats will be allotted based on your choices and merit.
- Result Publication: The Round-3 result will be published on the MCC website.
- Upload Essential Certificates: After the Round-3 result is declared, upload the necessary certificates as per the guidelines.
- Physical Reporting: If allotted a seat in Round-3, physically report to the allocated Medical/Dental College.
FINAL STRAY VACANCY ROUND:
- Fresh Registrations: Candidates must register for the Final Stray Vacancy Round.
- Elimination: Candidates with allotted seats in other rounds will be eliminated from the Stray Vacancy Round.
- Stray Vacancy Round: The AIQ Stray Vacancy Round for vacant seats will be conducted online by MCC of DGHS, MoHFW.
- Seat Allotment: Seats will be allotted based on merit in the Stray Vacancy Round.
- Joining Allotted Seat: If allotted a seat in the Stray Round, the candidate must join the allocated seat/college. Failure to join will result in debarment from NEET examination for 01 year and forfeiture of fees.
(Note: Candidates can participate in Round-2 or Round-3 directly without fresh registration if they are not allotted a seat in the previous round. Upgraded candidates cannot claim their previous round seat.)
Documents Required for UG Courses
- NEET-UG Admissions card and score card.
- Class X Mark Sheet
- Class XI Mark Sheet
- H.S.C. Mark sheet or any other equivalent exam.
- Transfer certificate
- Graduation Certificate (if required)
- Permanent Community Certificate Card.
- Income Certificate for the candidates claiming fee exemption.
- Nativity certificate and supporting documentation are required for applicants who have studied from Standard VI to Standard XII in a state other than Tamil Nadu.
- The candidate who is a Tamil Nadu native and has studied from VI to XII standard in Tamil Nadu schools should also present supporting documentation of the parent’s certificates.
- Special Category Form with an additional fee of Rs.100/- via Bank payment portal with relevant certificates for Persons with Benchmark Disabilities, Eminent Sports Person and Ex-Servicemen, as applicable, along with the online application form should be uploaded.
NEET College Predictors
We understand the significance of choosing the right medical college for your bright future. Our website offers a variety of college predictors to ensure that you make informed decisions during the NEET counseling process.
With our NEET Score Predictor, input your NEET score, and instantly receive a personalized list of colleges where you have a higher chance of getting admitted. Our state-wise and category-based predictors further refine your options based on your preferences, giving you accurate and tailored results. we have offered you the top-of-the-class college predictors here’s the list of the college predictor for you;
- MBBS College Predictors
- BDS College Predictors
NEET Rank Predictors
NEET Rank Predictors are innovative tools designed to assist medical aspirants in estimating their All India Rank (AIR) in the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET). As one of the most competitive medical entrance exams in India, NEET plays a pivotal role in determining admission to undergraduate medical courses. NEET Rank Predictors empower students with insights into their performance, helping them set realistic goals and make informed decisions during the college selection process. Here’s the best ranks we’ve provided you with;
- MBBS Rank Predictors
- BDS Rank Predictors
Expert Admission Consultants
NEET Counselling takes pride in offering a team of highly experienced and dedicated Expert Admission Consultants who are committed to helping aspiring medical students achieve their dreams. Our consultants possess in-depth knowledge of the medical admission process and stay up-to-date with the latest developments in the field. They are well-versed in the intricacies of NEET counselling, medical college admissions, and various state-specific admission procedures. Here’s how our Expert Admission Consultants can help you with various counselling process
- MBBS Admission Consultant
- BDS Admission Consultant
Participating Medical Colleges
Government Medical College
|College Name||Affiliation||Institute Type||Established Year||Seat Intake||Tuition Fees|
|Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education & Research, Puducherry||Statutory Autonomous, Puducherry||Govt.||1956||200||14,920|
|Indira Gandhi Medical College & Research Institute, Puducherry||Pondicherry University||Govt.||2010||180||1,43,700|
Private Medical Colleges
|College Name||Affiliation||Institute Type||Established Year||Seat Intake||Tuition Fees|
|Vinayaka Missions Medical College, Karaikal, Pondicherry||Vinayaka Missions University (Deemed), Salem||Trust||1997||150||18,50,000|
|Sri Venkateswaraa Medical College, Hospital & Research Centre, Pondicherry||Pondicherry University||Trust||2007||250||16,00,000|
|Sri Manakula Vinayagar Medical College & Hospital, Pondicherry||Pondicherry University||Trust||2006||250||16,00,000|
|Sri Lakshmi Narayana Institute of Medical Sciences, Pondicherry||Bharath Institute of Higher Education & Research (Deemed Univ.), Chennai||Trust||2006||250||23,00,000|
|Pondicherry Institute of Medical Sciences & Research, Pondicherry||Pondicherry University||Trust||2000||150||16,00,000|
|Mahatma Gandhi Medical College & Research Institute, Pondicherry||Sri Balaji Vidyapeeth (Deemed University), Pondicherry||Trust||2002||250||22,00,000|
|Aarupadai Veedu Medical College, Pondicherry||Vinayaka Missions University (Deemed), Salem||Trust||1999||150||19,50,000|
Frequently asked questions
Q:What are the top medical colleges in Pondicherry?
A: Some of the top medical colleges in Pondicherry are Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research (JIPMER), Mahatma Gandhi Medical College and Research Institute, and Pondicherry Institute of Medical Sciences.
Q:What is the admission process for medical colleges in Pondicherry?
A: The admission process for medical colleges in Pondicherry usually involves clearing the NEET entrance exam followed by counseling conducted by the Centralized Admission Committee (CENTAC) for undergraduate courses and by the Directorate of Medical Education for postgraduate courses.
Q:What are the courses offered in medical colleges in Pondicherry?
A: Pondicherry’s medical colleges provide MBBS, MD, MS, and other courses in a range of specialisations.
Q:What are the job opportunities after completing medical education from Pondicherry?
A: After completing medical education from Pondicherry, one can work as a doctor, medical researcher, healthcare consultant, healthcare administrator, public health specialist, medical writer, and many other professions in the healthcare industry.
Q:What are the eligibility criteria for admission into medical colleges?
A:The eligibility criteria may vary depending on the country or state you are in. However, generally, to be eligible for admission into medical colleges, you need to have completed your 10+2 education with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology as mandatory subjects.
Q:What is the duration of the MBBS course?
A:The duration of the MBBS course is typically five and a half years, which includes four and a half years of classroom and practical training, and one year of mandatory internship.
Q:Is it necessary to clear the NEET exam for admission into medical colleges?
A:Yes, in most cases, it is necessary to clear the NEET exam to get admission into medical colleges in India. However, some private colleges may conduct their entrance exams.
Q:What are the different specializations offered in medical colleges?
A:Medical colleges offer a wide range of specializations for post-graduation such as Pediatrics, Dermatology, Gynecology, Cardiology, Neurology, Radiology, etc.