Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College Aligarh, was founded in 1961 and is India’s leading medical institution. The college is affiliated with Aligarh Muslim University and offers medical studies at the undergraduate, postgraduate, and doctoral levels.
Aligarh’s Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College places a major emphasis on research and innovation. The college encourages staff and students to conduct research and has a number of research centres that specialise in various sectors of medical research.
In order to encourage holistic development among students, the college also provides a variety of extracurricular activities and sports facilities. The college features numerous groups for sports, cultural events, and community service, and students are encouraged to join in these activities.
The college has a fully operational hospital that provides superior healthcare services to the surrounding community while also serving as a realistic training ground for students. The hospital offers sophisticated medical facilities and equipment, and the faculty and staff are dedicated to giving the finest patient care possible.
- 1 Highlights
- 2 Affiliation, Recognition, and Aid Status
- 3 Facilities
- 4 Faculty and Staff
- 5 Courses Offered And Seat Intake
- 6 Course Syllabus
- 7 Fees Structure
- 8 Counselling Process
- 9 Registration Fee
- 10 About MCC
- 11 MCC NEET Counselling Registration
- 12 MCC Counselling Fees Structure
- 13 Eligibility Criteria for UG Course
- 14 Contact Details
- 15 Ranking & Reputation
- 16 Documents Required
- 17 FAQs
- 17.1 Q. What courses are offered at Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College, Aligarh?
- 17.2 Q. What is the admission process for the MBBS program?
- 17.3 Q. Is there a hostel facility available for students?
- 17.4 Q. What is the duration of the MD/MS program?
- 17.5 Q. Are there opportunities for research at the college?
- 17.6 Q. Does the college have a hospital, and what facilities are available?
|Name of Institute||Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College Aligarh|
|Popular Name||JNMC Aligarh, JN Medical College, Aligarh Medical College|
|Year of Establishment||1961|
|Affiliated to||Aligarh Muslim University|
|Approved by||National Medical Commission|
|Hostel Facilities||Yes (Male and Female)|
|Entrance Exam for UG courses||NEET UG Exam|
|Entrance Exam for UG courses||NEET PG Exam|
|Category||Medical Colleges in Uttar Pradesh|
|Contact||Address: Aligarh Muslim University Aligarh, Uttar Pradesh INDIA – 202002|
Email ID: email@example.com
Admission Helpline Number: 9667542500
Affiliation, Recognition, and Aid Status
Affiliated with: Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh
Approved by: National Medical Commission
Aid Status: Government
Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College, Aligarh, has sophisticated infrastructure and facilities to provide its students with a world-class study and research environment. The following are some of the college’s significant facilities:
Library: The college library is well-stocked, with a large variety of books, journals, and digital resources. The library is available to students and faculty members at all times.
Laboratories: Various departments of the institution have well-equipped and advanced laboratories, including Anatomy, Biochemistry, Pathology, Microbiology, and Physiology. The labs are equipped with cutting-edge technology and equipment to support research and practical training.
Hospital: The college features a fully operational hospital that provides exceptional healthcare services to the surrounding community while also serving as a realistic training ground for students. The hospital is equipped with cutting-edge medical technology and is staffed by qualified and experienced doctors and nurses.
Hostel: The college has separate hostel facilities for male and female students, with all the amenities needed for a comfortable living and studying environment.
Lecture Halls: To aid learning and presentations, the college offers well-furnished and spacious lecture halls equipped with current audio-visual technology.
Sports facilities: The college includes a sports complex with indoor and outdoor facilities for sports like cricket, football, basketball, and badminton. Students are encouraged to participate in sporting activities for their entire physical and mental well-being.
Faculty and Staff
Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College, Aligarh, has a faculty that is highly skilled and experienced in their respective professions. Faculty members are dedicated to providing students with high-quality education and training, as well as to research and innovation.
The faculty members’ educational backgrounds are diverse, with many possessing postgraduate and doctoral degrees in a variety of medical specialties.
To offer students a complete understanding of medical ideas, faculty members employ a combination of classic and innovative teaching approaches like lectures, case-based discussions, simulations, and practical training.
Courses Offered And Seat Intake
For Undergraduate Courses
|MBBS||4 and ½ years + 1 Year Internship||150|
For Postgraduate Courses
|MD/MS – Obstetrics & Gynaecology||3 Years||3|
|MD – Dermatology, Venereology & Leprosy||3 Years||5|
|MD – General Medicine||3 Years||21|
|MD – Microbiology||3 Years||6|
|MD – Pharmacology||3 Years||12|
|MD – Bio-Chemistry||3 Years||2|
|MD/MS – Ophthalmology||3 Years||13|
|MS – ENT||3 Years||6|
|MD – Paediatrics||3 Years||15|
|MD/MS – Anatomy||3 Years||3|
|MD – Psychiatry||3 Years||3|
|MD – Anaesthesiology||3 Years||19|
|MS – General Surgery||3 Years||21|
|MS – Orthopaedics||3 Years||14|
|MD – Tuberculosis & Respiratory Diseases / Pulmonary Medicine||3 Years||6|
|MD – Forensic Medicine/Forensic Medicine & Toxicology||3 Years||5|
|MD – Radio Diagnosis/Radiology||3 Years||11|
|MD – Pathology||3 Years||15|
|MD – Physiology||3 Years||5|
|MD – Radiotherapy/ Radiation Oncology||3 Years||17|
|MD – Social & Preventive Medicine / Community Medicine||3 Years||11|
|Subjects||Compulsory time duration for Internship|
|Community Medicine||Two months|
|Medicine, including 15 days of Psychiatry||Two months|
|Surgery, including 15 days of Anaesthesia||Two months|
|Obstet./Gynae. including Family Welfare Planning||Two months|
|Orthopedics including PMR||15 days|
|Elective posting||15 days|
For UG course (MBBS)
|Name||Pre Clinical||Para Clinical||Clinical|
|Semester||Semester 1 – 2||Semester 3 – 5||Semester 6 – 9|
|Subjects||Biochemistry||Community Medicine||Community medicine and allied subjects (Psychiatry, Dermatology)|
|Anatomy||Forensic Medicine||Obstetrics and Gynecology|
|—||Pathology||Surgery and allied subjects|
NOTE: The above-shared fees can vary from the actual fees and are subject to change. To know the exact fee structure, candidates can connect with a counseling expert at the Admission Helpline No. 9667542500.
Here is the step-by-step process of Uttar Pradesh NEET Counselling:
Registration: Candidates have to register themselves on the official website of DMET Uttar Pradesh. They need to enter their NEET roll number, name, father’s name, mother’s name, and other personal details.
The registration process for Uttar Pradesh NEET Counselling is conducted online and candidates who have qualified the NEET exam and are eligible as per the eligibility criteria can participate in the counselling process. Here are the steps to register for Uttar Pradesh NEET Counselling:
- Visit the official website of DMET Uttar Pradesh at https://upneet.gov.in.
- Click on the link for UP NEET Counselling Registration.
- Enter your NEET Roll Number, Name, Father’s Name, Mother’s Name, Date of Birth, Gender, Email ID, Mobile Number, and other details as asked.
- Choose a password and security question and answer.
- After entering all the details, click on the “Submit” button.
- A registration number and password will be generated, which will be sent to your registered email ID and mobile number.
- Log in to your account using the registration number and password.
- Complete the remaining steps of the registration process, which include entering your personal, academic, and contact details.
- Pay the registration fee through online mode.
- Take a printout of the registration form and keep it for future reference.
- It is important to fill in all the details correctly during the registration process as any incorrect information may lead to rejection of the application.
Choice Filling and Locking: After registration, candidates have to fill in their choices of colleges and courses as per their preference. Candidates can add, delete, or modify their choices until the locking of the choices.
Seat Allotment: Based on the choices filled by the candidates and their rank in the NEET exam, seats are allotted to the candidates in the order of merit. Candidates will receive a provisional seat allotment letter, which will specify the college and course allotted to them.
Document Verification: Candidates have to visit the allotted college for document verification. They have to carry the original documents along with their photocopies for verification.
Reporting to Allotted College: After the document verification process, candidates have to report to the allotted college within the specified time period. Candidates have to pay the admission fee and complete the admission formalities.
Second Round Counselling: In case any seats are left vacant after the first round of counselling, a second round of counselling will be conducted. Candidates who did not participate in the first round of counselling can also participate in the second round.
Mop-Up Round Counselling: If there are any vacant seats after the second round of counselling, a mop-up round counselling will be conducted.
MCC 15 % AIQ Quota
Medical Counselling Committee (MCC) is an autonomous body under the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India. The MCC is responsible for conducting online counselling for admission to various undergraduate and postgraduate medical and dental courses in India, including MBBS and BDS, through the NEET UG and NEET PG exams, respectively.
The MCC conducts centralized counselling for the All India Quota (AIQ) seats in government medical and dental colleges across India, as well as for seats in Deemed and Central Universities, ESIC, and AFMC colleges. The counselling process involves registration, choice filling, seat allotment, document verification, and admission to the allotted colleges.
MCC NEET Counselling Registration
MCC holds four rounds of NEET-UG counseling for AIQ, including a mop-up round and a stray vacancy round. Following the completion of Round 2, the MCC will fill the remaining seats in a mop-up round and a stray vacancy round. The following steps must be taken:
- Visit the official website: Visit the official website of MCC (https://mcc.nic.in/) and click on the “UG Medical Counseling” tab.
- New registration: Click on “New Registration” and fill in all the required details such as personal details, contact details, NEET exam details, and security pin. After filling in all the details, click on the “Submit” button.
- Login credentials: After successful registration, a new page will appear with your login credentials. Use these credentials to log in and fill in your choices of colleges and courses.
- Choice filling: Fill in your preferred colleges and courses in order of priority. You can choose as many choices as you want.
- Locking of choices: After you have filled in your choices, you need to lock them by clicking on the “Lock Choices” button. Once the choices are locked, you cannot make any changes.
- Seat allotment: The MCC conducts the seat allotment process based on your rank, category, and the choices filled by you. You will be able to see your seat allotment result on the official website.
- Reporting to the allotted college: If you are satisfied with the seat allotted to you, you need to report to the allotted college within the specified time with all the required documents and pay the admission fee.
MCC Counselling Fees Structure
Counselling Fee (Non Refundable)
|15% AIQ/Central Universities||Rs. 1,000||Rs. 500|
|Deemed University||Rs. 5,000||Rs. 5,000|
Security Fee (Refundable)
|15% AIQ/Central Universities||Rs. 1,0000||Rs. 5,000|
|Deemed University||Rs. 2,00,000||Rs. 2,00,000|
Eligibility Criteria for UG Course
|Qualify Exam||NEET conducted By NTA|
|Nationality||Applicants must be Indian citizens.NRI candidates with Indian passports are also eligible to apply. Under the NRI category, overseas citizens of India (OCI) and persons of Indian origin (PIO) are eligible to apply.|
|Age Limit||17 years old (as of December 31). In addition, the candidate’s maximum age should be 25 years.|
|Qualification||The candidate must have a Class 12 credential or equivalent from a recognized board or institution. In addition, the qualifying test should include Biology, Chemistry, English, and physics as core subjects.A minimum of 50% is required for the general category, 40% for SC/ST, and 45% for physically disabled candidates.|
|Domicile||Certificate is not required for those candidates who have passed high school/ intermit from Uttar Pradesh state, but those candidates who have passed high school/intermit from Uttar Pradesh state do not need a domicile certificate.|
NEET UG Cut-Off 2022
Eligibility Criteria For PG
|Entrance Exam||NEET PG Exam|
|Age||No age restrictions|
|Internship||Mandatory experience of 1-year internship after MBBS course|
|Qualification||Candidates must have an MBBS degree from a recognized educational institute or Equivalent Graduate degreeCandidates must have secured a minimum of 50% aggregate marks to sit for the Exam PG exam, qualifying via which they will get admission to PG courses|
NEET PG Cut Off
|Categories||Cut Off Percentile||Cut Off Marks|
Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College, Aligarh
|Round||2019 Cutoff by rank||2021 Cutoff by rank||2022 Cutoff by rank|
|Round||2019 Cutoff by rank|
|Round||2019 Cutoff by rank|
|Round||2019 Cutoff by rank||2021 Cutoff by rank||2022 Cutoff by rank|
MBBS College Predictor
MBBS College Predictor is a tool or software that helps students predict which MBBS colleges they are likely to get admission in based on their NEET UG score, preferred location, and category. The predictor tool uses the previous year’s cut-off date, admission trends, and other relevant factors to generate a list of BDS colleges that match the student’s score and preferences.
The MBBS College Predictor tool helps students make informed decisions about their admission process by giving them an idea of the colleges they may get admission to. It also helps them plan their application process by shortlisting colleges based on their preferences and eligibility criteria.
MBBS Admission Consultant
MBBS Admission Consultant is a professional who provides guidance and assistance to students seeking admission to MBBS (Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery) courses in India. Our consultant typically has extensive knowledge and experience in the field of medical education and can help students navigate the complex admissions process. Helping students choose the right colleges based on their academic record, career goals, and personal preferences.
Assisting students with the application process, including filling out application forms, writing personal statements, and gathering necessary documents. Our top admission consultants are committed to serving each individual with the utmost integrity around the clock. Feel free to contact our admission consultant for any admission-related queries.
Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College, Aligarh
- Address: Aligarh Muslim University Aligarh, Uttar Pradesh INDIA – 202002
- Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Email ID: email@example.com
- Website: https://mdbmc.in/
Ranking & Reputation
|Name of Institute||Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College, Aligarh|
For UG Course
- NEET Exam Admit Card
- NEET Rank Card (Result copy released by NTA)
- Class X mark sheet & Certificate
- Class XII mark sheet & Certificate
- A valid photo Id proof (Aadhar card/ Passport/ Driving License/ Pan Card)
- Uttar Pradesh Domicile Certificate (If applicable)
- Certificate of Caste (If applicable)
- Form of online registration ( Counseling)
- Security Money Demand Draft (DD)
For PG Course
- MBBS 3rd Part II mark sheet.
- Medical Registration Certificate
- Internship Completion Certificate
- MBBS Certificate
- Photo identity proof in the form of a Certificate with an attested photo from the Head of the Institution last studied/Copy of Passport/Aadhar Card/PAN Card/Driving License (Self-attested photocopy after verifying with the original documents).
- Copy of: Birth Certificate for proof of age (if the date of birth is not given in the HSC mark sheet/ certificate)
- NEET Score Card
- Copy of Online Counselling Registration Certificate
- Sponsorship Certificate from State Govt. (If applicable)
- Passport size Photographs 8 copies
Q. What courses are offered at Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College, Aligarh?
A. The college offers undergraduate, postgraduate, and doctoral programs in various medical disciplines, including MBBS, MD, MS, DM, and M.Ch.
Q. What is the admission process for the MBBS program?
A. Admission to the MBBS program is done through the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA). Students who qualify for the NEET and meet the eligibility criteria set by the college can apply for admission.
Q. Is there a hostel facility available for students?
A. Yes, the college provides separate hostel facilities for male and female students, with all the necessary amenities for comfortable living and studying.
Q. What is the duration of the MD/MS program?
A. The duration of the MD/MS program is three years.
Q. Are there opportunities for research at the college?
A. Yes, the college has multiple research centers, and faculty members and students are encouraged to engage in research and innovation.
Q. Does the college have a hospital, and what facilities are available?
A. Yes, the college has a fully functional hospital that provides quality healthcare services to the local community and serves as a practical training ground for students. The hospital has modern medical facilities and equipment and is staffed by qualified and experienced doctors and nurses.