Institute of Mental Health and Hospital Agra has been in functioning since 1859. This institution, which is affiliated with Dr. B. R. Ambedkar University in Agra, Uttar Pradesh, and has been recognised by the National Medical Commission, serves as the standard for mental health care and medical education.
The Agra Institute of Mental Health and Hospital is committed to the noble cause of mental health and wellness. With a commitment to excellence, the college has a well-qualified faculty that includes experts in mental health and psychiatry. A committed and skilled support staff ensures that the school runs smoothly beyond academics.
The institute’s core educational offerings are MD courses in Psychiatry, which prepare students to embark on a journey of studying, diagnosing, and treating mental health illnesses. The Institute of Mental Health and Hospital, Agra, continues to offer essential contributions to the fields of mental healthcare and medical education by focusing on academic quality, practical training, and compassionate patient care.
- 1 Quick Summary
- 2 Affiliation Recognition and Achievement
- 3 Facilities
- 4 Faculty and Staff
- 5 Course Offered For PG Course
- 6 Internship Structure
- 7 MD/MS Course Fees Structure
- 8 Eligibility Criteria
- 9 NEET PG Cut-Off
- 10 Institute of Mental Health and Hospital Agra– Cut Off 2022 (State Quota)
- 11 Institute of Mental Health and Hospital Agra– Cut Off 2022 (State Quota)
- 12 Uttar Pradesh NEET PG Counselling Process
- 13 Registration Process
- 14 MCC 50% AIQ Quota
- 15 Ranking & Reputation
- 16 Contact Details
- 17 MD College Predictor
- 18 MD Admission Consultant
- 19 FAQs
- 20 What is the Institute of Mental Health and Hospital in Agra?
- 21 When was the Institute of Mental Health and Hospital founded?
- 22 Is the Institute of Mental Health and Hospital affiliated with a university?
- 23 What kind of medical programs are offered at the Institute of Mental Health and Hospital?
- 24 How long is the duration of the MD courses at the Institute of Mental Health and Hospital?
- 25 Is the Institute of Mental Health and Hospital recognized by the National Medical Commission (NMC)?
- 26 Are there facilities for practical training and clinical exposure for students?
- 27 Is the Institute of Mental Health and Hospital open to international students for medical education?
|Name of Institute||Institute of Mental Health and Hospital Agra|
|Popular Name||IMHH, Agra|
|Location||Agra, Uttar Pradesh|
|Year of Establishment||1853|
|Affiliated||Dr. B. R. Ambedkar University, Agra|
|Approved||National Medical Commission (NMC)|
|Hostel Facilities||Yes (Male and Female)|
|Category||Medical Colleges in Uttar Pradesh|
|Entrance Exam for PG Course||NEET PG Exam|
|Contact Details||Address: Billochpura, Mathura Road, Agra, Uttar Pradesh 282002|
Admission Helpline Number : 9667542500
Affiliation Recognition and Achievement
- Affiliated with:- Dr. B. R. Ambedkar University, Agra
- Approved by:- National Medical Commission
- Aid Status:- Government
The Institute of Mental Health and Hospital in Agra is committed to providing a nurturing and conducive environment for its students and patients. The institution offers a range of facilities to support its mission of mental health care and medical education:
- State-of-the-Art Clinics: The institute houses modern clinics that are well-equipped to cater to the needs of patients, providing diagnosis and treatment for a wide range of mental health conditions.
- Well-Equipped Laboratories: To facilitate research and practical training, the institution maintains well-equipped laboratories that enable students to gain hands-on experience in the field of psychiatry and mental health.
- Library and Resource Center: The institution’s library is a valuable resource for students and faculty, housing an extensive collection of mental health literature, research materials, and journals.
- Patient Care Units: The hospital provides dedicated patient care units, ensuring that individuals seeking mental health treatment receive comprehensive and compassionate care.
- Lecture Halls: Spacious and technologically equipped lecture halls create an ideal learning environment for students, fostering interactive teaching and learning experiences.
- Hostel Accommodations: For students coming from out of town, the institution offers secure and comfortable hostel accommodations on the campus, creating a supportive living environment.
- Cafeteria: The cafeteria serves a variety of nutritious food options, catering to diverse dietary preferences, ensuring that students and staff remain energized throughout the day.
- Recreational Areas: Recognizing the importance of relaxation and well-being, the institution provides recreational areas for students to unwind and engage in extracurricular activities.
- Counseling and Therapy Rooms: Patients have access to counseling and therapy rooms where they can receive individualized care, therapy, and support for their mental health needs.
- Research Facilities: The institute actively promotes research in the field of mental health. Research facilities and resources are available for students and faculty engaged in innovative studies and projects.
Faculty and Staff
The Institute of Mental Health and Hospital in Agra takes immense pride in its accomplished faculty and dedicated support staff. These individuals are the pillars of the institution, playing crucial roles in shaping the educational experience and ensuring the highest standards of mental healthcare. Here’s a closer look at the remarkable faculty and staff members at the institute:
- Professors and Lecturers: Esteemed professors and lecturers bring a wealth of knowledge and expertise to the institution. They are experts in the field of mental health and psychiatry, guiding students through complex subject matter and research.
- Clinical Instructors: The institution benefits from a cadre of skilled clinical instructors, often practicing mental health professionals. They provide students with practical, real-world exposure to the complexities of mental health diagnosis and treatment.
- Research Scholars: The institute actively fosters a culture of research and innovation, with research scholars leading the way in cutting-edge studies and projects. Their mentorship and guidance encourage students to engage in research and contribute to the field.
- Administrative and Support Staff: Beyond academics, the administrative and support staff members keep the institution running smoothly. They assist with admissions, logistics, and create a welcoming environment for students and patients.
- Counselors and Therapists: Recognizing the importance of mental health care, the institution employs counselors and therapists who play a pivotal role in providing emotional and psychological support to both students and patients.
- Librarians: The institution’s librarians curate a vast collection of mental health literature, research materials, and resources, aiding students and faculty in their academic and research endeavors.
- Laboratory Technicians: Proficient laboratory technicians are instrumental in maintaining and equipping the institution’s laboratories with cutting-edge equipment, allowing students to conduct experiments and research effectively.
- Patient Care and Support Staff: Dedicated healthcare professionals, including nurses and patient care staff, ensure that patients receive the highest quality care and support during their treatment.
- Hostel Wardens: For students residing in on-campus hostels, hostel wardens create a secure and supportive living environment, fostering a sense of community and well-being.
- Cafeteria Staff: The cafeteria staff ensures that students, faculty, and patients are well-nourished with a variety of dietary options, ensuring they have the energy to meet their academic and healthcare challenges.
Course Offered For PG Course
|MD – Psychiatry||3 years||8|
|Subjects||Compulsory time duration for Internship|
|Community Medicine||Two months|
|Medicine, including 15 days of Psychiatry||Two months|
|Surgery, including 15 days of Anaesthesia||Two months|
|Obstet./Gynae. including Family Welfare Planning||Two months|
|Orthopedics including PMR||One month|
|Elective posting||15 days|
MD/MS Course Fees Structure
|MD/MS||Will Notified Soon|
NOTE: The above-shared fees can vary from the actual fees and are subject to change. To know the exact fee structure, candidates can connect with a counseling expert at the Admission Helpline No. 9667542500.
|Education Qualification||Candidates must have completed the MBBS/BDS course from State Government Medical Colleges/Institutes/Universities and recognized Private Medical/Dental Colleges/Universities of Uttar Pradesh.|
|Compulsory Rotatory Internship||Candidates should have completed one year of Compulsory Rotatory Internship on or before July 31 for MDS and MD/MS Diploma/DNB courses.|
|NEET Qualification||Candidates must have qualified NEET-MDS for MDS courses and NEET PG for MD/MS Diploma/DNB courses.|
|Previous Admission||Candidates who have already taken admission based on a previous NEET PG score are not eligible for NEET PG counseling, unless they have completed and passed the course they were admitted to. They can be eligible if they resign from the previous course and fulfill the specified conditions.|
|AMU/IU Graduates||Candidates who have obtained their MBBS/BDS degrees from AMU/IU are not eligible for admission in State Government Quota Seats but are eligible for admission in Private Medical/Dental colleges/Institutes/Universities.|
|Candidates from outside Uttar Pradesh||Candidates who have passed MBBS/BDS from outside of Uttar Pradesh are eligible for admissions only in Private Medical/Dental colleges/Institutes/Universities.|
|NOC and Merit List||Candidates must have obtained a No Objection Certificate (NOC) under the policy framed by the Medical & Health Department, UP, and their names should be included in the merit list prepared after due weightage as per norms.|
|Foreign Medical Degree||Candidates with foreign medical degrees are eligible for state counseling as per the guidelines of the National Medical Commission (NMC).|
NEET PG Cut-Off
|Categories||Cut off percentile||Cutoff marks|
Institute of Mental Health and Hospital Agra– Cut Off 2022 (State Quota)
|Category||Course||Opening All India rank||Closing All India rank|
Institute of Mental Health and Hospital Agra– Cut Off 2022 (State Quota)
|Category||Course||Opening All India rank||Closing All India rank|
Uttar Pradesh NEET PG Counselling Process
In order to register themselves for Uttar Pradesh NEET PG counselling registration, candidates are required to follow the steps mentioned below:
- Visit the website, https://upneet.govt.in.
- Click on the registration link and enter your NEET UG Application Number and Roll Number as instructed on the screen.
- After entering the details, your NEET UG registration details will be displayed, and you will be provided with a registration number.
- Proceed to make an online payment of Rs. 3,000/- (Rupees Two thousand only). Once the payment is successful, an SMS will be sent to your registered mobile number.
- Generate the registration slip after the payment is confirmed.
- Please note that the registration fee is non-refundable.
- By following these simplified steps, you can complete the registration process for Uttar Pradesh NEET PG counselling
Step 1: Online Registration
Candidates can apply online by visiting the website https://upneet.gov.in. The registration process consists of two steps:
(a) Registration Fee Submission
- Candidates need to register by providing their NEET-PG roll number and email ID (the same used for NEET PG/NEET MDS registration).
- A non-refundable registration fee of Rs. 3000/- must be paid online through Net banking/Debit Card/Credit Card.
- After successful payment, the candidate will receive a Client Transaction number and Bank Transaction number on their registered mobile number and email ID.
|Registration Fee||Rs. 3000/-|
|Payment Method||Online through Net banking/Debit Card/Credit Card.|
(b) Registration Details
- Personal details of the candidates will be taken from the PG NEET data.
- Candidates need to enter their domicile, category, sub-category, in-service (PMHS) employment status, and MBBS passed from details.
- The selection of “MBBS/BDS Passed From” should be done carefully, depending on whether the college is situated in Uttar Pradesh or outside Uttar Pradesh.
- During the registration process, candidates will create a password for login purposes.
- After successful submission, a registration number will be generated and sent to the candidate’s registered mobile number and email ID.
- The registration slip should be downloaded for future reference and must be shown at the nodal center during the reporting for admission.
Step 2: Online Security Money Payment
- Candidates need to deposit a refundable security fee through Net Banking/Credit Card/Debit Card before choice filling.
- The security fee amount varies based on the type of colleges and courses opted for.
- Receipt of the security money should be downloaded for future reference and shown at the nodal center during the reporting for admission.
- Choice filling option will be available only after the deposit of the security money.
|Institution||Security Fee (Refundable fees)|
|Government medical colleges/institutes/ State Universities||30,000 + bank transaction charges|
|Private medical colleges/institutes/ State Universities (MDS Courses)||2,00,000 + bank transaction charges|
|Private medical colleges/institutes/ State Universities (MD/MS Non-Clinical/Para-Clinical/Pre-Clinical)||5,00,000 + bank transaction charges|
|Private medical colleges/institutes/ State Universities (MD/MS Clinical)||10,00,000 + bank transaction charges|
Step 3: Merit Declaration
- Inter-se rank in the state merit list will be based on NEET-PG ranking.
- Final merit list will be prepared after providing weightage to in-service (PMHS) candidates as per the provisions of the Government Order.
Step 4: Online Choice Filling
- Candidates need to visit the website https://upneet.gov.in and click on choice filling.
- Choice filling should be done by logging in using the NEET Roll number and the password created during registration.
- Choice filling can be done in multiple sessions, and changes can be made until the final locking.
- Choice locking is compulsory, and no changes will be possible after locking the choices.
- Seat allotment will be done based on merit and the choices filled.
- The seat allotment list will be declared on the website.
- Candidates should independently gather admission information for private colleges they wish to opt for.
Step 5: Seat Allotment
- Candidates need to login to the website to check their seat allotment status.
- The allotment letter should be downloaded for reporting at the designated nodal center.
- Different scenarios and rules apply depending on whether the seat is allotted in the first or second round of counseling.
- Candidates need to adhere to the admission process and complete all formalities within the specified dates.
- Candidates failing to take admission or resigning from the allotted seat may face penalties or loss of rights for further rounds of counseling.
Step 6- Reporting to the college
Candidates who are allotted a seat need to report to the allotted college within the given timeframe. They must complete the admission formalities and secure their admission by paying the required fees.
MCC 50% AIQ Quota
Medical Counselling Committee (MCC) is an autonomous body under the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India. The MCC is responsible for conducting online counselling for admission of 50% of seats to various postgraduate medical and dental courses in India, including MBBS and BDS, through the NEET UG and NEET PG exams, respectively.
The MCC conducts centralized counselling for the 50% All India Quota (AIQ) seats in government medical and dental colleges across India, as well as for seats in Deemed and Central Universities, ESIC, and AFMC colleges. The counselling process involves registration, choice filling, seat allotment, document verification, and admission to the allotted colleges.
MCC NEET Counselling Registration
MCC holds four rounds of NEET-UG counseling for AIQ, including a mop-up round and a stray vacancy round. Following the completion of Round 2, the MCC will fill the remaining seats in a mop-up round and a stray vacancy round. The following steps must be taken:
- Visit the official website: Visit the official website of MCC (https://mcc.nic.in/) and click on the “UG Medical Counseling” tab.
- New registration: Click on “New Registration” and fill in all the required details such as personal details, contact details, NEET exam details, and security pin. After filling in all the details, click on the “Submit” button.
- Login credentials: After successful registration, a new page will appear with your login credentials. Use these credentials to log in and fill in your choices of colleges and courses.
- Choice filling: Fill in your preferred colleges and courses in order of priority. You can choose as many choices as you want.
- Locking of choices: After you have filled in your choices, you need to lock them by clicking on the “Lock Choices” button. Once the choices are locked, you cannot make any changes.
- Seat allotment: The MCC conducts the seat allotment process based on your rank, category, and the choices filled by you. You will be able to see your seat allotment result on the official website.
- Reporting to the allotted college: If you are satisfied with the seat allotted to you, you need to report to the allotted college within the specified time with all the required documents and pay the admission fee.
MCC Counselling Fees Structure
Counselling Fee (Non Refundable)
|15% AIQ/Central Universities||Rs. 1,000/-|
|SC/ ST/ OBC/ PwD category candidates||Rs. 500/-|
|Deemed University Candidates||Rs. 5,000/-|
|15% AIQ/Central Universities||Rs. 25,000/-|
|SC/ ST/ OBC/ PwD category candidates||Rs. 10,000/-|
|Deemed University Candidates||Rs. 2,00,000/-|
Ranking & Reputation
|Name of Institute||Institute of Mental Health and Hospital, Agra|
Institute of Mental Health and Hospital, Agra
- Address: Billochpura, Mathura Road, Agra, Uttar Pradesh 282002
- Email: email@example.com
- Admission Helpline Number : 9667542500
- Website: http://www.imhh.org.in/
MD College Predictor
- MD College Predictor is a online tool that helps students predict which medical colleges they are likely to get admission to for Doctor of Medicine programs based on their NEET PG score, category, and preferred location. The predictor tool uses the previous year’s cut-off data, admission trends, and other relevant factors to generate a list of MD colleges that match the student’s score and preferences.
- The MD College Predictor tool helps students make informed decisions about their admission process by giving them an idea of the colleges they may get admission to. It also helps them plan their application process by shortlisting colleges based on their preferences and eligibility criteria.
MD Admission Consultant
- An MD admission consultant is a professional who provides guidance and assistance to students seeking admission to Doctor of Medicine (MD) programs in India. Our consultant have extensive knowledge and experience in the field of Medical education and can help students navigate the complex admission process.
- They provide expert advice, support, and guidance throughout the admission process, helping students make informed decisions and achieve their academic and career goals.
What is the Institute of Mental Health and Hospital in Agra?
The Institute of Mental Health and Hospital in Agra is a well-established institution dedicated to mental healthcare and medical education.
When was the Institute of Mental Health and Hospital founded?
The institution was established in 1859, and it has a long-standing history of providing mental health services and education.
Is the Institute of Mental Health and Hospital affiliated with a university?
Yes, the institution is affiliated with Dr. B. R. Ambedkar University in Agra, Uttar Pradesh, ensuring that its academic programs meet recognized standards.
What kind of medical programs are offered at the Institute of Mental Health and Hospital?
The institute offers medical programs, including MD courses, with a specialization in Psychiatry.
How long is the duration of the MD courses at the Institute of Mental Health and Hospital?
The MD courses typically have a duration of three years.
Is the Institute of Mental Health and Hospital recognized by the National Medical Commission (NMC)?
Yes, the institution is recognized by the National Medical Commission, the regulatory body for medical education in India.
Are there facilities for practical training and clinical exposure for students?
Yes, the institution provides facilities for clinical training and practical experience to students through its affiliations with hospitals and healthcare institutions.
Is the Institute of Mental Health and Hospital open to international students for medical education?
While the institution primarily admits Indian students, international students may inquire about specific admission requirements and procedures for foreign applicants.