GITAM Dental College & Hospital, founded in 2001 by GITAM Society, is dedicated to providing the best oral health care possible to everyone. The College is constantly striving to provide public dental health care while adhering to the highest ethical standards. The College is affiliated with the Dr. YSR University of Health Sciences, Vijayawada and also has the recognition from the National Dental Commission.
The college has taken on the mission of improving health and quality of life for all through excellence in oral education and healthcare, with the vision of evolving into a global standard for dental education and advanced oral health care.
GITAM Dental College Highlights
|Name of Institute||GITAM Dental College & Hospital, Rushikonda|
|Popular Name||GDCH, Rushikonda|
|Year of Establishment||2001|
|Affiliated to||Dr. YSR University of Health Sciences in Vijayawada.|
|Approved by||National Dental Commission.|
|Hostel Facilities||Yes (Male and Female)|
|Entrance Exam for UG courses||NEET UG Exam|
|Entrance Exam For PG Courses||NEET MDS Exam|
|Course||UG- BDS and PG- MDS|
|Category||Dental Colleges in Andhra Pradesh|
|Contact||Address: Gandhi nagar, RushikondaVisakhapatnam-530045, Andhra Pradesh, INDIA.|
Admission Helpline Number : 9667542500
Affiliation, Recognition, and Aid Status
Affiliated with: Dr. YSR University of Health Sciences in Vijayawada
Approved by: National Dental Commission
Aid Status: Private
- Bus services
- Mobile Dental Clinic
- Facilities for Students
- Electrical Substation & Generator
- Food courts
- Wifi facility
Faculty and Staff
Faculty and Staff As faculty, they are responsible for maintaining and improving the quality of medical education at GITAM Dental College & Hospital. All campus faculty adhere to the following policies, which are applicable:
- College faculty are well-trained and experienced individuals with extensive knowledge of the Medical field who are always willing to indulge and prepare students for their professional careers.
- The college faculty is always encouraging students to take on new challenges, giving them the insights they need to improve on both a personal and professional level.
- In addition to faculty members, the institute has a non-technical staff that provides a healthy learning environment for students to grow into professional candidates for their future endeavors.
- Faculties are always keen on the practical and sensible approach to the subject when teaching specific material. Furthermore, the faculty places a greater emphasis on ongoing education in order to promote the efficient use of existing resources.
Courses Offered And Seat Intake
For UG Courses
|BDS||4 and ½ years + 1 Year Internship||100|
For PG Courses (MDS)
|Oral Medicine & Radiology||3 Years||3|
|Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery||3 Years||3|
|Periodontics & Implantology||3 Years||5|
|Conservative Dentistry & Endodontics||3 Years||5|
|Pedodontics & Preventive Dentistry||3 Years||5|
|Orthodontics & Dentofacial Orthopedics||3 Years||5|
|Prosthodontics, Maxillofacial prosthesis & Implantology||3 Years||5|
|Public Health Dentistry||3 Years||3|
For UG Course
|1st Year BDS||2nd Year BDs||3 rd Year||4th Year|
|General Human Anatomy including Embryology and Histology||General Pathology and Microbiology||General Medicine||Conservative Dentistry and Endodontics|
|General Human Physiology and Biochemistry||General and Dental Pharmacology and Therapeutics||General Surgery||Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery|
|Dental Anatomy, Embryology and Oral Histology||Dental Materials||Oral Pathology and Oral Microbiology||Oral Medicine and Radiology|
|–||Pre-clinical Prosthodontics||–||Orthodontics & Dentofacial Orthopaedics|
|–||Pre clinical Conservative Dentistry||–||Pediatric & Preventive Dentistry|
|–||–||–||Prosthodontics and Crown & Bridge|
|–||–||–||Public Health Dentistry|
For UG courses
|BDS||Category A||Category B||Category C|
|Rs. 13,000/-||Rs. 4,00,000/-||Rs. 12,00,000/-|
For PG courses MDS
NOTE: The above-shared fees can vary from the actual fees and are subject to change. To know the exact fee structure, candidates can connect with a counseling expert at Admission Helpline No. 9667542500
GITAM Dental College & Hospital, Rushikonda
- Address : Gandhi nagar, Rushikonda, Visakhapatnam-530045, Andhra Pradesh, INDIA.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Admission Helpline no : 9667542500
- Website: https://gdch.edu.in/
Ranking & Reputation
|Name of Institute||GITAM Dental College & Hospital, Rushikonda|
BDS College Predictor
The BDS College Predictor employs a novel algorithm that analyzes the opening and closing ranks of the previous year’s NEET counseling data to determine the best college for you to pursue medical studies. It forecasts your chances of admission to the medical school of your preference. Through that process, the BDS Admission Consultant guides students on NEET counseling & top medical college criteria.
BDS Admission Consultant
To know better, the BDS Admission consultant has developed user-friendly tools to assist in determining students’ goals. to receive assistance throughout the entire NEET counseling process, until you are admitted to your preferred medical college.
|Qualify Exam||NEET conducted By NTA|
|Nationality||Andhra Pradesh applicants must be Indian citizens.NRI candidates with Indian passports are also eligible for Andhra Pradesh. Under the NRI category, overseas citizens of India (OCI) and persons of Indian origin (PIO) are eligible for Andhra Pradesh NEET counseling.|
|Age Limit||17 years old (as of December 31, ). In addition, the candidate’s maximum age should be 25 years.|
|Qualification||The candidate must have a Class 12 credential or equivalent from a recognized board or institution. In addition, the qualifying test should include biology, chemistry, English, and physics as core subjects.A minimum of 50% is required for the general category, 40% for SC/ST candidates, and 45% for physically disabled candidates.|
NEET UG Cut-Off
|Category||Qualifying Marks||Percentile Criteria|
|General/EWS & PH Category||116-105||45th Percentile|
|SC/BC & PH Category||104-93||40th Percentile|
For PG Courses
|Entrance Exam:||NEET PG Exam|
|Age||No age restrictions|
|Internship||Mandatory experience of 1-year internship after BDS course|
|Qualification||Candidates must have an BDS degree from a recognized educational institute or Equivalent Graduate degreeCandidates must have secured a minimum of 50% aggregate marks to sit for the Exam PG exam, qualifying via which they will get admission to PG courses|
NEET PG Cut-Off
|Categories||Cut off percentile||Cutoff marks|
The online application form for determining merit position for Competent Authority quota seats using NEET scores will be available on the website https://ugcq.ntruhsadmissions.com
Before filling out the online application form, candidates should print the prospectus and instructions from the website http://ntruhs.ap.nic.in or https://ugcq.ntruhsadmissions.com. and verify their eligibility under the Local/Non-local category.
The candidate should fill out the online application form on the website with the required information and upload the scanned certificates and documents in support of their claim via the internet. Any computer with an internet connection can complete the online application form.
The candidate must provide accurate information in the online application form and submit scanned original certificates with their application. Applications containing incorrect information or invisible documents will be automatically rejected. If it is discovered that the candidate provided incorrect information or uploaded fake or forged documents, the university takes appropriate action against the candidate, including the cancellation of a seat or admission without notice.
Application and Processing Fees
|OC/BC||Rs.2950/- (Rs.2500/- + Rs.450/- (GST @ 18 %) Bank charges extra|
|SC/ST||Rs.2360/- (Rs.2000 + Rs.360/- (GST @ 18 %) Bank charges extra|
The candidate must sign in the declaration area on the printout of the online application form and submit it at the time of enrollment at the designated college. Candidates are not required to send a printout of their application to the university by post or hand.
Candidates must register for Andhra Pradesh NEET counselling to be considered for admission to 85% of state quota seats in MBBS and BDS. Andhra Pradesh NEET MBBS Admissions application forms will be available on the official website. Candidates can apply for Andhra Pradesh NEET Counselling by following these simple steps.
- Visit the Dr YSR official website, (Click Here)
- Click on the Online Registration link and enter information such as your NEET roll number, NEET rank, DOB, mobile number, and so on.
- Click the “Validate” tab to submit.
- Log in with the Andhra Pradesh NEET Counselling registration number you created in the previous step.
- Fill out the Application form with your personal and educational information.
- Fill out the application form and click the submit button.
- Make a note of your registration ID and password for future use.
- Candidates must log in to the website using the previously generated ID and password to fill out their course and college preferences.
- There is no set number of courses and colleges that can be chosen from the obtainable list of options.
- It should be noted that MBBS/BDS seats will be assigned based on the options selected by the candidates.
- It is mandatory to lock the choices for the final submission of preferences in NEET UG counseling.
- The choices can be modified until they are locked. If in case, candidates do not lock the choices then the filled choices will be considered final and will automatically get locked on the notified date.
- It is advisable to take a printout of the filled choices as it could be beneficial for candidates in the further NEET UG counseling process.
- DSYSRUHS will publish a state merit list on its official website for candidates who have successfully completed the document verification process.
- The merit list will include the names of Andhra Pradesh NEET Counselling registered candidates, as well as their state and category rankings.
Reporting to the Allotted College
Candidates should report to the allotted college to complete the admission formalities. At the time of reporting to the allotted college, candidates must submit the original copy of the mandatory documents.
Counselling Fee Structure
Non-Refundable Registration Fee
|15% AIQ/ Central Universities||Fee|
|All Categories||INR 5,000|
Refundable Tuition Fee
|15% AIQ/ Central Universities|
|All Categories||INR 2,00,000|
For UG Course
- Shortlisted candidates must report to the counseling centers with three sets of authenticated copies of relevant documents.
- Candidates must also submit a printout of their Andhra Pradesh application during the document verification process.
- Candidates must include a passport-sized photocopy of the Andhra Pradesh application form in the printed copy.
- NEET Admit Card/ Rank Card
- SSC or equivalent examinations (for showing the date of birth)
- Transfer certificate
- Study certificate(s) from 6th class to intermediate
- Qualifying Exam Certificate
- Residence certificate of the candidate or either parent issued by MRO / Tahasildar of Telangana/Andhra Pradesh for a period of ten -years (Period to be specified with exact month and year) excluding the period of study/employment outside the state.
- Candidates claiming quota eligibility under Special Categories must provide the required certificate in support of their claim Permanent Caste Certificate (Integrated Community Certificate) seeking reservation under BC/SC/ST Categories issued by an Officer mandated.
- In order to be eligible for fee exemption, the parent’s most recent income certificate issued by MRO/Tahsildar or white ration card
- Aadhar Card
- Minority certificate issued by Minorities Welfare Department, Government of Andhra Pradesh
For PG Course
- NEET MDS Admit Card
- NEET MDS 2021 Score Card
- BDS Degree certificate
- BDS Marksheets
- Internship Completion Certificate (stating that the candidate has completed his/ her internship on or before March 31, 2021)
- Registration Certificate from the Dental Council of India (DCI) or State Dental Council (SDC)
- Birth Certificate or class 10 marksheet
- Photo Id proof (PAN card/ Driving License/ Voter ID/ Aadhaar card/ Passport)
- Caste Certificate (SC/ ST/ OBC – if applicable)
- Disability Certificate issued by the medical board (if applicable)
Frequently Asked Question
Q. What is the official website for the GITAM Dental College and Hospital?
A. The official Website for GITAM Dental College & Hospital is https://gdch.edu.in/
Q. When was the GITAM Dental College and Hospital established?
A. GITAM Dental College & Hospital, was established in 2001.
Q. What is the intake capacity for BDS courses at the GITAM Dental College and Hospital?
A. The intake capacity for the BDS course at the GITAM Dental College and Hospital is 100.
Q. Where is the GITAM Dental College and Hospital located?
A. The location for the GITAM Dental College & Hospital, is Gandhi Nagar, Rushikonda, Visakhapatnam-530045, Andhra Pradesh, India.
Q. What are the MDS courses offered by the GITAM Dental College & Hospital?
A. GITAM Dental College & Hospital offers various Pg Courses such as Oral Medicine & Radiology, Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery, Periodontics & Implantology, Conservative Dentistry & Endodontics, Pedodontics & Preventive Dentistry, Orthodontics & Dentofacial Orthopedics, Prosthodontics, Maxillofacial prosthesis & Implantology, and Public Health Dentistry
Q. What is the fee structure for the BDS course at the GITAM Dental College & Hospital?
A. The fee structure for the BDS course is Rs. 4,00,000/- for the management quota at the GITAM Dental College and Hospital.
Q. Is GITAM Dental College and Hospital government or privately owned?
A. GITAM Dental College and Hospital is a private dental college.