Dr. B.C. Roy Post Graduate Institute of Paediatric Sciences Kolkata, established in 2010, is an exemplar of specialised paediatric healthcare. This college , affiliated with the prominent West Bengal University of Health Sciences in Kolkata and duly recognised by the National Medical Commission, was founded with the sole purpose of offering advanced care and treatment services for paediatric patients.
The facility is equipped with cutting-edge technology, ensuring that the society’s youngest members receive the finest possible care and treatment. The Dr. B C Roy Post Graduate Institute of Paediatric Sciences has grown into an important institution in the field of paediatric healthcare in Kolkata, with a dedication to nurturing children’s well-being and extending medical education.
- 1 Quick Summary
- 2 Affiliation Recognition and Achievement
- 3 Facilities
- 4 Faculty and Staff
- 5 Course Offered For PG Course
- 6 Internship Structure
- 7 MD Course Fees Structure
- 8 Eligibility Criteria
- 9 NEET PG Cut-Off
- 10 Dr. B C Roy Post Graduate Institute of Paediatric Sciences Kolkata– Cut Off 2022 (AIQ Quota)
- 11 Dr. B C Roy Post Graduate Institute of Paediatric Sciences Kolkata– Cut Off 2022 (State Quota)
- 12 West Bengal NEET PG Counselling Process
- 13 Counselling Process
- 14 Round of Counselling
- 15 Documents Required For MD
- 16 MCC 50% AIQ Quota
- 17 Ranking & Reputation
- 18 Contact Details
- 19 MD College Predictor
- 20 MD Admission Consultant
- 21 FAQs
- 22 What is the Dr. B C Roy Post Graduate Institute of Paediatric Sciences?
- 23 When was the Dr. B C Roy Post Graduate Institute of Paediatric Sciences established?
- 24 Is the Dr. B C Roy Post Graduate Institute of Paediatric Sciences affiliated with any university?
- 25 Is Dr. B C Roy Post Graduate Institute of Paediatric Sciences recognized by the National Medical Commission?
- 26 What specialized services does Dr. B C Roy Post Graduate Institute of Paediatric Sciences offer?
- 27 Are there educational and research programs available at Dr. B C Roy Post Graduate Institute of Paediatric Sciences?
- 28 Are there emergency services for children at the Dr. B C Roy Post Graduate Institute of Paediatric Sciences?
- 29 Is the facility child-friendly?
|Name of Institute||Dr. B C Roy Post Graduate Institute of Paediatric Sciences Kolkata|
|Popular Name||Dr. B C Roy Post Graduate Institute of Paediatric Sciences|
|Location||Kolkata, West Bengal|
|Year of Establishment||2010|
|Affiliated||West Bengal University of Health Sciences,Kolkata|
|Approved||National Medical Commission (NMC)|
|Hostel Facilities||Yes (Male and Female)|
|Category||Medical Colleges in West Bengal|
|Entrance Exam for PG Course||NEET PG Exam|
|Contact Details||Address: 111, Narkeldanga Main Road, Kankurgachi, Kolkata 700054, |
West Bengal, India
Email: dr.b.c.roy firstname.lastname@example.org
Admission Helpline Number : 9667542500
Affiliation Recognition and Achievement
- Affiliated with:- West Bengal University of Health Sciences,Kolkata
- Approved by:- National Medical Commission
- Aid Status:- Government
The Dr. B C Roy Post Graduate Institute of Paediatric Sciences in Kolkata offers a wide array of state-of-the-art facilities to ensure the highest standard of care and treatment for pediatric patients. These facilities include:
- Advanced Pediatric Wards: The institute provides modern and well-equipped pediatric wards with specialized units for various subspecialties such as neonatology, pediatric surgery, and pediatric medicine.
- Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU): A specialized unit for the care of critically ill newborns, equipped with cutting-edge technology and staffed by experienced neonatologists.
- Pediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU): A dedicated unit for the treatment of critically ill children, featuring advanced monitoring and life-support systems.
- Surgical Theatres: State-of-the-art operating rooms designed for pediatric surgeries, ensuring a safe and sterile environment for various pediatric surgical procedures.
- Diagnostic and Imaging Services: The institute offers a comprehensive range of diagnostic services, including radiology, ultrasound, and laboratory services, to aid in accurate diagnosis and treatment planning.
- Rehabilitation Services: Rehabilitation services such as physiotherapy and occupational therapy are available to support the recovery and development of pediatric patients.
- Child-Friendly Environment: The facility is designed to create a child-friendly and comforting atmosphere to ease the anxiety of young patients during their stay.
- Research and Education: The institute is dedicated to advancing the field of pediatric healthcare through research and education. It offers opportunities for postgraduate medical education, training, and research programs.
- Specialized Clinics: Various outpatient clinics cater to specific pediatric subspecialties, providing expert consultation for children with specialized healthcare needs.
- Nutritional Services: The institute emphasizes the importance of nutrition in child development and offers dietary guidance and nutritional support.
- Child Psychology Services: Recognizing the importance of mental health in children, the institute provides psychological services to address emotional and behavioral issues.
- Child Welfare and Support Services: Support services, including social workers and counselors, are available to provide emotional support to children and their families.
- Emergency Services: A 24/7 emergency department equipped to handle pediatric emergencies promptly and effectively.
Faculty and Staff
Dr. B C Roy Post Graduate Institute of Paediatric Sciences in Kolkata boasts a dedicated and accomplished faculty and staff committed to providing the highest level of care, education, and research in the field of pediatric healthcare. The institute’s faculty and staff include:
- Expert Pediatricians: The core of the institute is a team of experienced and highly skilled pediatricians specializing in various subspecialties, including pediatric medicine, pediatric surgery, and neonatology.
- Nurses and Nursing Staff: Compassionate and trained nursing staff provide round-the-clock care and support to pediatric patients, ensuring their well-being and comfort.
- Neonatologists: Specialists in neonatology who manage and provide care to newborns, particularly those born prematurely or with critical medical conditions.
- Pediatric Surgeons: Surgeons specialized in pediatric surgery, performing a wide range of surgical procedures with precision and care.
- Anesthetists: Anesthetists with expertise in administering anesthesia to children undergoing surgeries, ensuring their safety and comfort.
- Radiologists and Imaging Technicians: Professionals responsible for diagnostic imaging, including X-rays, ultrasounds, and other imaging techniques to aid in accurate diagnoses.
- Laboratory Technicians: Skilled technicians who manage and conduct laboratory tests to support the diagnostic process.
- Physiotherapists and Occupational Therapists: Experts in rehabilitation and therapy to aid in the recovery and development of pediatric patients.
- Psychologists and Counselors: Trained mental health professionals who provide psychological support and counseling to children and their families.
- Social Workers: Professionals who offer support and assistance to families, particularly in cases where social and economic factors impact a child’s health and well-being.
- Dietitians: Nutritional experts who help in devising dietary plans tailored to the specific needs of pediatric patients.
- Administrative Staff: A team of administrative personnel who ensure the smooth functioning of the institute, managing appointments, records, and patient services.
- Educators and Researchers: The institute’s commitment to education and research is upheld by a group of educators and researchers who contribute to the academic and research programs offered.
- Emergency Medical Technicians: In the emergency department, EMTs are on hand to provide immediate care and support during critical situations.
Course Offered For PG Course
|MD – Paediatrics||3 years||14|
|Subjects||Compulsory time duration for Internship|
|Community Medicine||Two months|
|Medicine, including 15 days of Psychiatry||Two months|
|Surgery, including 15 days of Anaesthesia||Two months|
|Obstet./Gynae. including Family Welfare Planning||Two months|
|Orthopedics including PMR||One month|
|Elective posting||15 days|
MD Course Fees Structure
|MD – Paediatrics||Will Notified Soon|
NOTE: The above-shared fees can vary from the actual fees and are subject to change. To know the exact fee structure, candidates can connect with a counseling expert at the Admission Helpline No. 9667542500.
|Citizenship||The candidate must be a citizen of India.|
|Permanent Residence||The candidate must have a permanent residence in the state of West Bengal or outside the state of West Bengal.|
|NEET PG Qualification||The candidate must have qualified in NEET PG Medical/Dental 2023.|
|MBBS/BDS Passing State||The candidate can be of any MBBS/BDS passing state.|
|Reservation||There is no reservation (EWS/SC/ST/OBC/OBCA/OBCB/PwD) in Private Management Quota seats.|
|Eligibility for State Quota Seats||Candidates who are eligible to participate in the West Bengal state quota seats 2023 are also eligible to participate in Private Management Quota seat allotment if they wish so.|
|Internship||Completion of one year of internship or likely to complete the internship on or before 31st March.|
|Private Medical College Eligibility||Any candidate who is a citizen of India and has permanent residence in the State of West Bengal or outside the State of West Bengal, who is qualified through NEET PG Medical/Dental 2023 can apply for the management quota of the Private Medical College in West Bengal (as applicable).|
NEET PG Cut-Off
|Categories||Cut off percentile||Cutoff marks|
Dr. B C Roy Post Graduate Institute of Paediatric Sciences Kolkata– Cut Off 2022 (AIQ Quota)
|Category||Opening All India rank||Closing All India rank|
Dr. B C Roy Post Graduate Institute of Paediatric Sciences Kolkata– Cut Off 2022 (State Quota)
|Category||Opening All India rank||Closing All India rank|
West Bengal NEET PG Counselling Process
Step 1: Online Registration & Application
- Visit the website https://wbmcc.nic.in and complete the online registration and application process within the scheduled time.
- Enter Roll No, Name, Date of birth in the New Registration click button.
- Provide additional information such as fathers/mothers name, address, phone no, internship completion details, etc.
- If any wrong information is provided, use the “edit registration details” button to correct it.
- Select whether you are an Indian or NRI/OCI/PIO, Open/In-service, Physically challenged or not, already pursuing any PG Medical course or not, etc.
- Submit the application and provide Caste status and EWS status afresh during the Online Application process of the counseling.
Step 2 (Payment of Requisite Fees, Obtaining Transaction ID, and Generation of Acknowledgement Receipt):
- After the online registration and application, the qualified and eligible candidates through NEET PG/MDS 2023 will be directed to the online payment system.
- The amount of payment of fees for counseling is Rs. 3000/- (Three thousand only), which is a one-time and non-refundable fee.
- The candidate must complete the payment of fees through the online payment gateway available on the website by selecting the appropriate mode of payment (Debit Card/Credit Card/Net Banking).
- After successful payment of fees, the candidate will receive a Transaction ID.
- The candidate must download and take a printout of the Acknowledgement Receipt for future reference.
Step 3 (Choice Filling and Locking):
- After successful payment and generation of the Acknowledgement Receipt, the candidate can log in again using the Roll Number and Password created during the registration process.
- The candidate must select the option for Choice Filling and enter the choices of courses and colleges in the order of preference.
- After entering the choices, the candidate must click on the “Save and Continue” button to proceed.
- The candidate must ensure that the choices are entered in the correct order of preference, as the seat allotment will be made based on the choices filled by the candidate.
- After entering the choices, the candidate must click on the “Lock” button to freeze the choices entered.
- The candidate will not be able to modify or change the choices once they are locked.
Step 4 (Seat Allotment):
- After the choice filling and locking process is completed, the seat allotment process will begin based on the merit, choices entered by the candidate, and availability of seats.
- The candidate can check the seat allotment result by logging in to the website using their Roll Number and Password.
- If the candidate is satisfied with the seat allotment, he/she must report to the allotted college within the specified time period with all the required documents.
- If the candidate is not satisfied with the allotted seat, he/she can participate in the further rounds of counseling for seat upgradation.
Step 5 (Reporting to the Allotted College):
- After the seat allotment process is completed, the candidate must report to the allotted college within the specified time period.
- The candidate must carry all the required documents in original and a set of photocopies for verification.
- The candidate must also carry the Admission Fees and Tuition Fees in the form of Demand Draft or online payment as specified by the college.
- If the candidate fails to report to the allotted college within the specified time period, the seat allotted to him/her will be canceled, and he/she will not be eligible for further rounds of counseling.
Round of Counselling
Round 1 counseling:
- Candidates must register and fill in their choices for colleges.
- Locked choices will be processed for seat allotment based on merit.
- Physical document verification will take place for selected candidates.
- Provisional and final lists will be published, and candidates on the final list can fill in their choices for the next round.
- If a candidate’s caste or PWD status is found to be inadequate during verification, they may be converted to a non-reserved candidate and may be out of the counseling process.
- If a candidate is allotted a seat, they must get admitted to that college and undergo another round of physical document verification.
Round 2 counseling:
- Candidates who were allotted seats in Round 1 but did not take admission are allowed to participate.
- Candidates who were not allotted seats in Round 1 but had filled in their choices are allowed to participate.
- Candidates who did not fill in their choices in Round 1 are allowed to participate.
- Candidates must register, fill in their choices, and undergo physical document verification again.
- If a candidate is allotted a seat, they must get admitted to that college and undergo another round of physical document verification.
Mop Up Round Counseling:
- Candidates who have not registered, verified themselves, or filled their choices in the first and second rounds can do so in the mop-up round.
- Candidates who were not allotted seats in the first and second rounds can participate in the mop-up round by fresh choice filling, without paying the counseling fee again.
- Candidates whose allotted seats were cancelled in the second round due to inadequate documentation but still remained eligible for subsequent rounds can participate in the mop-up round.
- Candidates who did not report during the second round can participate in the mop-up round, but they have to pay a penalty and verify their documents again.
- Candidates who were admitted after the second round are not allowed to participate in further counseling.
D) Physical Stray Vacancy Round Counseling:
- Only candidates who were not allotted seats or did not report in the mop-up round can participate in the physical stray vacancy round by physically reporting with original documents and fees for college admission.
- No fresh registration or fee payment is allowed in this round.
- The allotment of seats will be based on merit.
Documents Required For MD
- Data sheet of PG Medical issued by CEE.
- Date of Birth Proof: Secondary School Leaving Certificate/Senior
- Secondary Certificate/Indian Passport/Birth certificate.
- MBBS Degree /Pass Certificate
- House Surgeoncy (CRRI) Certificate.
- NEET (PG) Score Sheet.
- Original “Transfer Certificate” from the institution last studied.
- Relieving order from the institution last worked for those in Government service
- Originals of all the uploaded documents/certificates.
MCC 50% AIQ Quota
Medical Counselling Committee (MCC) is an autonomous body under the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India. The MCC is responsible for conducting online counselling for admission of 50% of seats to various postgraduate medical and dental courses in India, including MBBS and BDS, through the NEET UG and NEET PG exams, respectively.
The MCC conducts centralized counselling for the 50% All India Quota (AIQ) seats in government medical and dental colleges across India, as well as for seats in Deemed and Central Universities, ESIC, and AFMC colleges. The counselling process involves registration, choice filling, seat allotment, document verification, and admission to the allotted colleges.
MCC NEET Counselling Registration
MCC holds four rounds of NEET-UG counseling for AIQ, including a mop-up round and a stray vacancy round. Following the completion of Round 2, the MCC will fill the remaining seats in a mop-up round and a stray vacancy round. The following steps must be taken:
- Visit the official website: Visit the official website of MCC (https://mcc.nic.in/) and click on the “UG Medical Counseling” tab.
- New registration: Click on “New Registration” and fill in all the required details such as personal details, contact details, NEET exam details, and security pin. After filling in all the details, click on the “Submit” button.
- Login credentials: After successful registration, a new page will appear with your login credentials. Use these credentials to log in and fill in your choices of colleges and courses.
- Choice filling: Fill in your preferred colleges and courses in order of priority. You can choose as many choices as you want.
- Locking of choices: After you have filled in your choices, you need to lock them by clicking on the “Lock Choices” button. Once the choices are locked, you cannot make any changes.
- Seat allotment: The MCC conducts the seat allotment process based on your rank, category, and the choices filled by you. You will be able to see your seat allotment result on the official website.
- Reporting to the allotted college: If you are satisfied with the seat allotted to you, you need to report to the allotted college within the specified time with all the required documents and pay the admission fee.
MCC Counselling Fees Structure
Counselling Fee (Non Refundable)
|15% AIQ/Central Universities||Rs. 1,000/-|
|SC/ ST/ OBC/ PwD category candidates||Rs. 500/-|
|Deemed University Candidates||Rs. 5,000/-|
|15% AIQ/Central Universities||Rs. 25,000/-|
|SC/ ST/ OBC/ PwD category candidates||Rs. 10,000/-|
|Deemed University Candidates||Rs. 2,00,000/-|
Ranking & Reputation
|Name of Institute||Dr. B C Roy Post Graduate Institute of Paediatric Science, Kolkata|
Dr. B C Roy Post Graduate Institute of Paediatric Sciences, Kolkata
- Address: 111, Narkeldanga Main Road, Kankurgachi, Kolkata 700054,
- West Bengal, India
- Email: dr.b.c.roy email@example.com
- Admission Helpline Number : 9667542500
- Website: https://drbcroypgips.org/
MD College Predictor
- MD College Predictor is a online tool that helps students predict which medical colleges they are likely to get admission to for Doctor of Medicine programs based on their NEET PG score, category, and preferred location. The predictor tool uses the previous year’s cut-off data, admission trends, and other relevant factors to generate a list of MD colleges that match the student’s score and preferences.
- The MD College Predictor tool helps students make informed decisions about their admission process by giving them an idea of the colleges they may get admission to. It also helps them plan their application process by shortlisting colleges based on their preferences and eligibility criteria.
MD Admission Consultant
- An MD admission consultant is a professional who provides guidance and assistance to students seeking admission to Doctor of Medicine (MD) programs in India. Our consultant have extensive knowledge and experience in the field of Medical education and can help students navigate the complex admission process.
- They provide expert advice, support, and guidance throughout the admission process, helping students make informed decisions and achieve their academic and career goals.
What is the Dr. B C Roy Post Graduate Institute of Paediatric Sciences?
The Dr. B C Roy Post Graduate Institute of Paediatric Sciences is a specialized healthcare institution in Kolkata, dedicated to pediatric medicine, surgery, and care. It offers state-of-the-art facilities and services for children’s health.
When was the Dr. B C Roy Post Graduate Institute of Paediatric Sciences established?
The institute was established in 2010, with a focus on providing advanced care and treatment for pediatric patients.
Is the Dr. B C Roy Post Graduate Institute of Paediatric Sciences affiliated with any university?
Yes, it is affiliated with the West Bengal University of Health Sciences, Kolkata, which ensures high academic standards and quality education.
Is Dr. B C Roy Post Graduate Institute of Paediatric Sciences recognized by the National Medical Commission?
Yes, the institute is recognized by the National Medical Commission, attesting to its credibility and adherence to national medical standards.
What specialized services does Dr. B C Roy Post Graduate Institute of Paediatric Sciences offer?
The institute provides a range of specialized services, including neonatology, pediatric surgery, pediatric medicine, and various diagnostic and support services for children’s healthcare.
Are there educational and research programs available at Dr. B C Roy Post Graduate Institute of Paediatric Sciences?
Yes, the institute is committed to medical education and research, offering postgraduate medical education, training, and opportunities for research in the field of pediatrics.
Are there emergency services for children at the Dr. B C Roy Post Graduate Institute of Paediatric Sciences?
Yes, the institute has a 24/7 emergency department equipped to handle pediatric emergencies with specialized care.
Is the facility child-friendly?
Yes, the facility is designed to create a child-friendly and comforting environment to ease the anxiety of young patients during their stay.