Medical Colleges in Daman & Diu aim to provide students with a quality education in the field of medicine and to prepare them for a rewarding career in the healthcare sector.The colleges provide excellent opportunities for students interested in pursuing medical education. Daman’s medical colleges are affiliated with various universities and are accredited by the National Medical Commission.
The Daman Medical College’s curriculum is structured to give students thorough instruction and hands-on experience. The professors have extensive training and work history in their fields. The medical college is outfitted with cutting-edge infrastructure and facilities, including well-stocked libraries, lecture halls, and a hospital with specialised departments.
The medical college in Daman is known for providing high-quality medical education. The college places a big emphasis on research and welcomes student involvement in a range of academic and research endeavours. The medical college also gives students a venue to engage in a range of extracurricular activities that support the development of their overall personalities.
- 1 Medical Course Facts
- 2 About Medical Course (MBBS & MD/MS)
- 3 Career Opportunities & Scope
- 4 Salary Range & Job Outlook
- 5 Daman & Diu NEET Counselling Process
- 6 Counselling Registration
- 7 Counselling Process
- 8 Document Required For Undergraduate Courses
- 9 Counselling Fee
- 10 MCC Counselling Process
- 11 Eligibility Criteria
- 12 NEET UG Cut-Off 2023
- 13 Participating Medical Colleges in Neighboring State
- 14 NEET College Predictors
- 15 NEET Rank Predictors
- 16 Expert Admission Consultants
- 17 Frequently asked questions
- 18 Q:How many medical colleges are there in Daman?
- 19 Q:What is the admission process for MBBS in Daman?
- 20 Q:What is the duration of the MBBS program in Daman?
- 21 Q:What is the eligibility criteria for admission to medical colleges in Daman?
- 22 Q:What specific medical courses are offered by colleges in Daman?
- 23 Q:What are the job prospects for medical graduates from colleges in Daman?
Medical Course Facts
|Examination Type||NEET-UG Exam||NEET-PG Exam|
|Approval From||National Medical Commission||National Medical Commission|
|Eligibility Criteria||10+2 with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology||MBBS degree|
|Duration||5.5 years||3 years|
|Popular Medical College in India||AIIMS AFMC JIPMER CMC Vellore KMC Manipal||AIIMS PGI Chandigarh CMC Vellore JIPMER KMC Manipal|
|Popular Medical College in Daman||NA|
About Medical Course (MBBS & MD/MS)
- Medical education in India includes a wide range of courses at both the undergraduate and postgraduate levels. In India, the two most popular medical curricula are MBBS and MD/MS.
- The MBBS (Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery) degree programme lasts five and a half years. The programme consists of four and a half years of academic study and one year of mandatory internship. Anatomy, Physiology, Biochemistry, Pharmacology, Pathology, Microbiology, and Forensic Medicine are among the subjects covered in the programme.
- Students who have completed their MBBS can pursue postgraduate medical courses such as MD (Doctor of Medicine) and MS (Master of Surgery). The MD programme is a three-year postgraduate programme that focuses on clinical, non-surgical fields of medicine, whereas the MS programme focuses on surgical fields of medicine.
- Paediatrics, Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Dermatology, Radiology, Anesthesiology, Orthopaedics, Ophthalmology, and many other specialisations are available in MD and MS programmes.
- Students interested in pursuing MBBS and MD/MS programmes in India must pass the NEET (National Eligibility Cumulative Entrance Test) exam, which is administered by the National Testing Agency (NTA). The exam is required for admission to all medical schools in the country.
Career Opportunities & Scope
Medical candidates with an MBBS (Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery) or MD/MS (Doctor of Medicine/Master of Surgery) degree have a diverse range of job options. Some prominent employment paths for medical graduates include:
- Clinical Practise: MBBS graduates have the option of working as a general practitioner or family physician. MD/MS graduates can pursue careers as specialists in fields such as surgery, obstetrics and gynaecology, paediatrics, ophthalmology, and so on.
- Research: Medical graduates can work in pharmaceutical businesses, research organisations, or university institutions to pursue a career in research.
- Academics: Medical graduates can pursue a career as faculty members in medical colleges or universities.
- Public Health: Medical graduates with a background in public health can work in government or private organisations that focus on public health programmes such as health promotion, illness prevention, and healthcare policy.
- Hospital Management: Medical graduates can also serve as hospital administrators or healthcare managers in hospital management.
- Entrepreneurship: Medical graduates with a bachelor’s degree can open their own private clinics, hospitals, or healthcare-related companies.
Medical applicants have a wide range of chances for career advancement and professional development. The demand for competent and qualified medical personnel is likely to rise in the coming years as medical research and technology develop.
Salary Range & Job Outlook
- Medical candidates’ income ranges and career prospects vary depending on aspects such as location, experience, and speciality. Medical experts, on the other hand, are often well compensated and in high demand.
- As per report, the average compensation for an MBBS graduate in India is around INR 724,000 per year, whereas the average salary for an MD/MS graduate is around INR 1,382,000 per year. However, these figures can vary greatly depending on region, experience, and expertise.
- Medical personnel are in high demand in India and around the world. The need for healthcare services and medical experts is predicted to rise as the population grows. According to the Bureau of Labour Statistics (BLS), employment of physicians and surgeons in the United States is expected to expand at the same rate as the national average from 2019 to 2029.
- The job market for medical candidates is promising, with numerous career routes and prospects for growth and promotion.
Here is an approximate salary range for MBBS and MD/MS graduates in various job profiles based on industry standards and research:
|Job Profile||Salary Range for MBBS||Salary Range for MD/MS|
|General Physician||INR 4,00,000 – 10,00,000 per annum||INR 6,00,000 – 20,00,000 per annum|
|Medical Officer||INR 3,00,000 – 8,00,000 per annum||INR 6,00,000 – 15,00,000 per annum|
|Resident Doctor||INR 3,00,000 – 10,00,000 per annum||INR 6,00,000 – 20,00,000 per annum|
|Junior Consultant||INR 5,00,000 – 15,00,000 per annum||INR 10,00,000 – 25,00,000 per annum|
|Senior Consultant||INR 10,00,000 – 25,00,000 per annum||INR 20,00,000 – 50,00,000 per annum|
|Medical Professor||INR 8,00,000 – 20,00,000 per annum||INR 15,00,000 – 35,00,000 per annum|
|Medical Researcher||INR 4,00,000 – 15,00,000 per annum||INR 8,00,000 – 25,00,000 per annum|
Daman & Diu NEET Counselling Process
Step 1: Visit the Official Website
Go to the official Daman & Diu NEET Counselling 2023 website, which will be announced by the authorities (Click Here).
Step 2: Find the Registration Link
Look for the “Registration” or “Apply Online” link on the website’s homepage.
Step 3: Fill in Personal Details
Complete the registration form by providing accurate personal information such as your name, NEET roll number, contact details, and other required information.
Step 4: Upload Documents
Scan and upload the necessary documents as specified in the information brochure. This usually includes your NEET Scorecard, Domicile Certificate, Class 10 and 12 Mark Sheets, Caste Certificate (if applicable), and Identity Proof (e.g., Aadhar Card, Passport).
Step 5: Pay the Counseling Fee
Make the counseling fee payment online through the provided payment gateway. Refer to the information brochure for the exact fee amount and payment details.
Step 6: Review and Submit
Double-check all the information you’ve provided, including document uploads and fee payment details. Ensure everything is accurate.
Step 7: Confirmation
Once you’ve successfully submitted the registration form, you should receive a confirmation message or email. Keep this confirmation for future reference.
Step 8: Document Verification
If there is a requirement for physical document verification, attend the designated counseling center with your original documents for verification.
Step 9: Await Merit List
After document verification, wait for the authorities to publish the merit list based on NEET scores and eligibility criteria.
Step 1: Registration
- Visit the official Daman & Diu NEET Counselling 2023 website (Click Here)..
- Look for the “Registration” or “Apply Online” link.
- Fill in your personal details, including your name, NEET roll number, contact information, and other required information.
- Upload necessary documents such as NEET Scorecard, Domicile Certificate, Class 10 and 12 Mark Sheets, Caste Certificate (if applicable), and Identity Proof.
- Pay the counseling fee online as specified in the information brochure.
- Review and submit the registration form.
Step 2: Document Verification Attend the designated counseling center for physical document verification if required. Bring your original documents for verification.
Step 3: Merit List Publication Wait for the authorities to publish the merit list based on NEET scores and eligibility criteria. Check the official website for updates.
Step 4: Choice Filling
- After the merit list is published, provide your preferences for colleges and courses.
- Select and prioritize your choices from the available options.
Step 5: Seat Allotment Participate in the online seat allotment process. You will be allotted a seat based on your rank and preferences.
Step 6: Reporting to Allotted College If satisfied with the allotted seat, report to the respective college within the specified time frame for admission.
Step 7: Freeze or Float Option After seat allotment, choose to freeze the allotted seat (confirm admission) or float (wait for further counseling rounds).
Step 8: Subsequent Rounds (If Applicable) If you choose to float, participate in subsequent rounds of counseling for better seat options.
Step 10: Final Admission Once satisfied with the allotted seat, complete the final admission process, including fee payment and document submission.
Document Required For Undergraduate Courses
- 10th Certificate.
- 12th Certificate.
- 12th Mark Sheet.
- NEET UG 2023 Admit Card.
- NEET UG 2023 Result/Scorecard.
- Category Certificate (if applicable).
- Domicile Certificate (for Uttarakhand candidates only).
- Certificate of Sub Category, If Applicable.
- ID Proof (Aadhaar Card/Voter card etc.)
- Fee Receipt
- Passport sized photograph
MCC Counseling Registration
|1||Visit MCC Official Website||Go to the official MCC Counselling 2023|
|2||Find the Registration Link||Locate and click on the “Registration” or “New Registration” link on the homepage.|
|3||Read the Instructions||Carefully read and understand the provided instructions, guidelines, and eligibility criteria.|
|4||Fill in Personal Details||Enter accurate personal information: full name, date of birth, gender, contact number, email, etc.|
|5||NEET UG Details||Provide NEET UG exam details: roll number, application number, and exam year.|
|6||Generate Login Credentials||Create a unique username and strong password for future access to the counseling portal.|
|7||Payment of Registration Fee||Pay the prescribed fee using available online payment options. Follow provided payment instructions.|
|8||Verify and Submit||Review entered information, make corrections if needed, and submit the registration form.|
|9||Confirmation and Printout||Receive a confirmation message/email upon successful submission. Print or save as PDF for records.|
|10||Keep Registration Details Secure||Safely store registration number, login credentials, and payment receipt for future reference.|
|15% AIQ/Central Universities||Rs. 1,000||Rs. 500|
|Deemed University||Rs. 5,000||Rs. 5,000|
Security Fee (Refundable)
|15% AIQ/Central Universities||Rs. 1,0000||Rs. 5,000|
|Deemed University||Rs. 2,00,000||Rs. 2,00,000|
MCC Counselling Process
MCC will be the conducting the counselling process for admission to Medical, Dental Colleges and Nursing Colleges for the AIQ, Central Institutes, University, AIMS, JIPMER , Deemed universities, AMU, BHU and etc. The Counselling will be held in Four Rounds Namely Round 1, Round 2, Round 3 and additional Round known as Stray vacancy round which will be the last round for the counselling and admission. Here’re are some details about each round given below:ROUND-1:
- Register for Main Counseling: Visit www.mcc.nic.in and register for Round-1 by paying a Non-Refundable Registration fee and Refundable Security Deposit.
- Choice Filling and Locking: Choose your preferred institutes and courses during the specified days and lock your choices.
- Seat Allotment Round-1: Based on your choices and merit, seats will be allotted in Round-1.
- Result Publication: The Round-1 result will be published on the MCC website.
- Upload Essential Certificates: After the result is declared, upload the necessary certificates as per the guidelines..
- Physical Reporting: If allotted a seat, physically report to the allocated Medical/Dental College with original documents. Those who want to upgrade to Round-2 must report with their original documents.
- Candidates Not Allotted in Round-1: If you weren’t allotted a seat in Round-1, no need to register again. You will automatically be considered for Round-2.
- Fresh Registration for Round-2: New candidates or those who didn’t register in Round-1 must register for Round-2 by paying the fees.
- Choice Filling and Locking: Fill new choices and lock them during the specified period.Seat Allotment Round-2: Seats will be allotted based on your choices and merit.
- Result Publication: The Round-2 result will be published on the MCC website.
- Upload Essential Certificates: After the Round-2 result is declared, upload the necessary certificates as per the guidelines.
- Physical Reporting: If allotted a seat in Round-2, physically report to the allocated Medical/Dental College. Upgraded candidates must take relieving from Round-1 seat and join Round-2 seat.
- Candidates Not Allotted in Previous Rounds: If you were not allotted a seat in Round-1 or Round-2, no need to register again. You will be considered for Round-3.
- Fresh Registration for Round-3: New candidates or those who didn’t register in Round-1 or Round-2 must register for Round-3 by paying the fees.
- Choice Filling and Locking: Fill new choices and lock them during the specified period.Seat Allotment Round-3: Seats will be allotted based on your choices and merit.
- Result Publication: The Round-3 result will be published on the MCC website.
- Upload Essential Certificates: After the Round-3 result is declared, upload the necessary certificates as per the guidelines.
- Physical Reporting: If allotted a seat in Round-3, physically report to the allocated Medical/Dental College.
FINAL STRAY VACANCY ROUND:
- Fresh Registrations: Candidates must register for the Final Stray Vacancy Round.
- Elimination: Candidates with allotted seats in other rounds will be eliminated from the ray Vacancy Round.
- Stray Vacancy Round: The AIQ Stray Vacancy Round for vacant seats will be conducted online by MCC of DGHS, MoHFW.
- Seat Allotment: Seats will be allotted based on merit in the Stray Vacancy Round.
- Joining Allotted Seat: If allotted a seat in the Stray Round, the candidate must join the allocated seat/college. Failure to join will result in debarment from NEET examination for 01 year and forfeiture of fees.
(Note: Candidates can participate in Round-2 or Round-3 directly without fresh registration if they are not allotted a seat in the previous round. Upgraded candidates cannot claim their previous round seat.)
|Qualifying Exam||NEET conducted by NTa|
|Nationality||Candidates must be Indian citizens or Overseas Citizens of India (OCI) to be eligible for Nagaland NEET counselling.|
|Domicile||Candidates are typically required to fulfill the domicile requirements of Daman & Diu. This may include providing proof of residence, such as a valid permanent residential certificate or any other document specified by the authorities.|
|Age Limit||The minimum age limit for candidates applying for dental courses through NEET is 17 years as of December 31st of the admission year. There is no upper age limit for NEET.|
|Educational Qualifications||Candidates must have passed the 10+2 examination or its equivalent from a recognized board. They should have studied Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology, and English as compulsory subjects in their qualifying examination.|
|NEET Qualification:||Candidates must have appeared for the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) and obtained the minimum qualifying percentile as specified by the Dental Council of India (DCI) and the respective counselling authority.|
|Minimum Marks:||Candidates must have obtained a minimum aggregate of 50% marks (40% for reserved categories) in the qualifying examination.|
NEET UG Cut-Off 2023
|Category||Qualifying criteria||NEET Cutoff 2022||NEET Cutoff 2023|
|UR / EWS & PH||45th Percentile||116-105||136-121|
|OBC & PH||40th Percentile||104-93||120-107|
|SC & PH||40th Percentile||104-93||120-107|
|ST & PH||40th Percentile||104-93||120-108|
Participating Medical Colleges in Neighboring State
Students from Daman who want to pursue a career in medical education can choose from a wide variety of medical colleges in neighbouring states. A list of renowned medical schools in nearby states is provided below for their consideration:
|Name of the Colleges||Establishment||Seat Intake|
|Swaminayaran Institute of Medical Sciences & Research||2023||150|
|Gujarat Adani Institute of Medical Sciences, Bhuj||2009||150|
|GMERS Medical College, Hadiyol, Himmatnagar||2015||200|
|Name of the Colleges||Establishment||Seat Intake|
|Armed Forces Medical College ,Pune||2023||150|
|Maharashtra Institute of Medical Education and Research, Pune||2009||150|
|Dr. D Y Patil Medical College, Hospital and Research Centre, Pimpri, Pune||1995||250|
|Name of the Colleges||Establishment||Seat Intake|
|Pacific Medical College & Hospital, Bhilo Ka Bedla, Udaipur||2015||150|
|National Institute of Medical Science & Research, Jaipur||2004||250|
|Jaipur National University Institute of Medical Sciences and Resarch Centre, Jagatpura, Jaipur||2016||150|
|Name of the Colleges||Establishment||Seat Intake|
|Mahatma Gandhi Memorial Medical College in Indore||2015||150|
|Bhopal, Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose Medical College in Jabalpur||2004||250|
|Peoples College of Medical Sciences & Research Centre, Bhanpur, Bhopal||2004||250|
NEET College Predictors
We understand the significance of choosing the right medical college for your bright future. Our website offers a variety of college predictors to ensure that you make informed decisions during the NEET counseling process.
With our NEET Score Predictor, input your NEET score, and instantly receive a personalized list of colleges where you have a higher chance of getting admitted. Our state-wise and category-based predictors further refine your options based on your preferences, giving you accurate and tailored results. we have offered you the top-of-the-class college predictors here’s the list of the college predictor for you;
- MBBS College Predictors
- BDS College Predictors
NEET Rank Predictors
NEET Rank Predictors are innovative tools designed to assist medical aspirants in estimating their All India Rank (AIR) in the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET). As one of the most competitive medical entrance exams in India, NEET plays a pivotal role in determining admission to undergraduate medical courses. NEET Rank Predictors empower students with insights into their performance, helping them set realistic goals and make informed decisions during the college selection process. Here’s the best ranks we’ve provided you with;
- MBBS Rank Predictors
- BDS Rank Predictors
Expert Admission Consultants
NEET Counselling takes pride in offering a team of highly experienced and dedicated Expert Admission Consultants who are committed to helping aspiring medical students achieve their dreams. Our consultants possess in-depth knowledge of the medical admission process and stay up-to-date with the latest developments in the field. They are well-versed in the intricacies of NEET counselling, medical college admissions, and various state-specific admission procedures. Here’s how our Expert Admission Consultants can help you with various counselling process
- MBBS Admission Consultant
- BDS Admission Consultant
Frequently asked questions
Q:How many medical colleges are there in Daman?
A. there are not Medical colleges in daman & Diur available currently.
Q:What is the admission process for MBBS in Daman?
A:Admission to the MBBS program in Daman is done through the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA).
Q:What is the duration of the MBBS program in Daman?
A:The duration of the MBBS program in Daman is 5.5 years, including a one-year mandatory internship.
Q:What is the eligibility criteria for admission to medical colleges in Daman?
A:The eligibility criteria for admission to medical colleges in Daman may vary depending on the college and the course. Generally, for undergraduate courses such as MBBS, candidates must have completed their 10+2 education with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology as compulsory subjects and have obtained a minimum aggregate of 50% marks. For postgraduate courses, candidates must have a relevant bachelor’s degree in medicine or surgery from a recognized university or college. Additionally, candidates may have to qualify for national or state-level entrance exams.
Q:What specific medical courses are offered by colleges in Daman?
A:Medical colleges in Daman offer undergraduate courses such as MBBS (Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery), as well as postgraduate courses such as MD (Doctor of Medicine) and MS (Master of Surgery) in various specialties.
Q:What are the job prospects for medical graduates from colleges in Daman?
A:Medical graduates from colleges in Daman have a wide range of job opportunities in both the private and public sectors. They can work as doctors, medical officers, surgeons, researchers, and academicians. Additionally, they can pursue higher education in their respective fields or take up administrative roles in hospitals or medical organizations. The demand for medical professionals is ever-increasing, and medical graduates from Daman are well-equipped to meet the demands of the industry.