Government Medical College Baramulla is a premier medical college that is dedicated to providing exceptional medical education and healthcare services to the people of the region. Established in 2019, the college strives to become a center of excellence in medical education and research and is continually working towards achieving this goal. The college is affiliated with Kashmir University and has also received recognition from the National Medical Commission
The faculty at the institution takes great satisfaction in their ability to provide students with a high-quality education. They are both highly qualified and experienced. A thorough comprehension of the disciplines is guaranteed by the faculty members’ dedication to teaching through a combination of classroom lectures, practical training, and hands-on experience.
Also, the college actively conducts research and has a cutting-edge research lab where instructors and students do research and publish their findings in a variety of national and international journals.
- 1 Highlights
- 2 Affiliation, Recognition, and Aid Status
- 3 Facilities
- 4 Departments
- 5 Faculty and Staff
- 6 Courses Offered And Seat Intake
- 7 Course Syllabus
- 8 MBBS Internship
- 9 Fees Structure
- 10 Government Medical College Baramulla Cut Off 2022 ( State Quota)
- 11 Government Medical College Baramulla Cut Off 2022 ( AIQ)
- 12 Jammu and Kashmir Counselling Registration
- 13 Jammu and Kashmir Counselling process
- 14 Counselling Fee
- 15 Eligibility Criteria
- 16 NEET UG Cut Off 2023
- 17 Contact Details
- 18 Ranking & Reputation
- 19 NEET College Predictors
- 20 NEET Rank Predictors
- 21 Expert Admission Consultants
- 22 Frequently Asked Questions
- 22.1 Q. What courses are offered at Government Medical College, Baramulla?
- 22.2 Q. Is Government Medical College, Baramulla recognized by the National Medical Commision ?
- 22.3 Q. What is the admission process for MBBS course at Government Medical College, Baramulla?
- 22.4 Q. Does the college provide hostel facilities?
- 22.5 Q. What is the duration of the MBBS course at Government Medical College, Baramulla?
- 22.6 Q. What are the research opportunities available for students at Government Medical College, Baramulla?
- 22.7 Q. Does Government Medical College, Baramulla have a placement cell?
- 22.8 Q. Does the college have a student council or association?
|Name of Institute||Government Medical College Baramulla|
|Popular Name||GMC, Baramulla|
|Year of Establishment||2019|
|Affiliated to||Kashmir University|
|Approved by||National Medical Commission|
|Counselling Conducting authority||Board of Professional Entrance Examinations (BOPEE)|
|Hostel Facilities||Yes (Male and Female)|
|Entrance Exam for UG courses||NEET UG Exam|
|Category||Medical Colleges in Jammu & Kashmir|
|Contact||Address: Kanth Bagh, Baramulla, 193103 |
Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
Admission Helpline Number : 9667542500
Affiliation, Recognition, and Aid Status
- Affiliated with: Kashmir University
- Approved by: National Medical Commission, New Delhi
- Aid Status: Government
The college provides undergraduate and postgraduate studies in a variety of medical fields. The following are some of the college’s facilities:
- Library: The college has a well-stocked library with a vast collection of books, journals, and reference materials.
- Laboratories: The college has well-equipped laboratories for various medical disciplines, including anatomy, physiology, biochemistry, microbiology, pathology, etc.
- Library: The college boasts a sizable collection of books, journals, and reference materials in its well-stocked library.
- Labs: Anatomy, physiology, biochemistry, microbiology, pathology, and other medical fields have well-equipped laboratories at the college.
- Lecture rooms: The institution features large, well-ventilated lecture rooms with cutting-edge audio-visual equipment to support efficient learning.
- Hospital: District Hospital Baramulla, a hospital affiliated with the college, offers a variety of disciplines, including as medicine, surgery, pediatrics, obstetrics and gynecology, ophthalmology, ENT, dermatology, and psychiatry.
- Hostel: The college offers both male and female students hostel accommodations. The hostels are tastefully decorated and outfitted with the necessities.
- Sports facilities are available at the college for the benefit of its students’ physical well-being and fitness. The institution features a playground where students can enjoy outdoor sports like volleyball, football, and cricket.
- Cafeteria: The college features a cafeteria where students and staff can get clean, wholesome cuisine.
- Wi-fi: High-speed internet is offered at the institution so that students and faculty can access online resources and keep up with the most recent advancements in their professions.
- Community Medicine
- Ear Nose Throat
- Forensic Medicine
- General Medicine
- General Surgery
- Obstetrics And Gynecology
- Radiation Oncology
Faculty and Staff
The Government Medical College Baramulla is a medical institution in the Jammu and Kashmir region of Baramulla, India.The Government Medical College Baramulla has a team of highly skilled and experienced faculty and staff members who play an important role in providing quality education to students and healthcare services to the community. Some of the college’s faculty and employees include:
- Professors: The college employs a number of academics who are experts in the fields of medicine and surgery. They are in charge of educating and directing students, as well as performing research.
- Associate Professors: The college has a group of associate professors that help the professors with their teaching and research.
- Assistant Professors: The college has a staff of assistant professors that help professors and associate professors with teaching and research.
- Lecturers: The college employs a group of lecturers who give lectures to undergraduate and graduate students on a range of medical topics.
- Medical Officers: A group of medical officers work for the college and give medical care to patients in the hospital that is a part of it.
- Nurses: The college employs a group of skilled nurses who support doctors in giving patients medical care.
- Technicians: The college employs a group of knowledgeable technicians who help with lab work and offer technical assistance for research projects.
- Administrative staff: The college has a group of employees who support the efficient operation of the hospital and college.
Courses Offered And Seat Intake
For Undergraduate Courses
|MBBS||4 and ½ years + 1 Year Internship||100|
For UG course (MBBS)
|Name||Pre Clinical||Para Clinical||Clinical|
|Semester||Semester 1 – 2||Semester 3 – 5||Semester 6 – 9|
|Subjects||Biochemistry||Community Medicine||Community medicine and allied subjects (Psychiatry, Dermatology)|
|Anatomy||Forensic Medicine||Obstetrics and Gynecology|
|—||Pathology||Surgery and allied subjects|
|Subjects||Compulsory time duration for Internship|
|Community Medicine||Two months|
|Medicine, including 15 days of Psychiatry||Two months|
|Surgery, including 15 days of Anaesthesia||Two months|
|Obstet./Gynae. including Family Welfare Planning||Two months|
|Orthopedics including PMR||One month|
|Elective posting||15 days|
For Undergraduate courses
|Course||Annual Tuition Fees|
NOTE: The above-shared fees can vary from the actual fees and are subject to change. To know the exact fee structure, candidates can connect with a counseling expert at the Admission Helpline No. 9667542500
Government Medical College Baramulla Cut Off 2022 ( State Quota)
|OM – PWD Category||–||–||–||–|
Government Medical College Baramulla Cut Off 2022 ( AIQ)
|Category||First Round||Second Round||Mop-up Round||Stray Round|
|NEET Score||Marks||NEET Score||Marks||NEET AIR||Marks||NEET AIR||Marks|
|UR (General) Open Category||16526||610||18448||605||21125||600||–||–|
Jammu and Kashmir Counselling Registration
- Step 1: Visit the BOPEE website at www.jkbopee.gov.in
- Step 2: Click on “Click to Apply” under “Online Applications” and choose “NEET–UG.”
- Step 3: On the NEET-UG page, review important information, including registration dates and instructions for document upload.
- Step 4: Check the document size requirements (100-200 KB) and ensure you have scanned copies of the following documents:
- Domicile Certificate,
- Date of Birth Certificate
- Matriculation Certificate/Marks Card,
- 10+2 Marks Card,
- Category Certificate (if applicable, NEET Score Card 2023)
- Step 5: Click “Click here to apply.”
- Step 6: Read the instructions and check the “I have read the instructions” box, then click “Apply.”
- Step 7: Fill in your registration details and enter the verification code (captcha). Click “Submit.”
- Step 8: Review your submitted details. If incorrect, click “Click Here to edit your registration details” to make changes.
- Step 9: If details are correct, click “Click Here.” Activate your account by following the link sent to your email, set a password, and remember not to share your login details.
- Step 10: Log in using your NEET Roll No. as the username and your password.
- Step 11: On the logged-in page, you can access options like personal profile, document upload, application edit, password change, and logout.
- Step 12: To upload documents, click “Upload Document,” select the relevant PDFs, and follow instructions.
- Step 13: After uploading, a message will confirm. Click “click here to print form if uploaded” to print your registration form.
- Step 14: Verify that the correct documents were uploaded and close the window.
- Step 15: If you’ve previously registered, click “Click here to login if already registered” and access your personal details, uploaded documents, edit your registration, or change your password.
- Step 16: Always log out or close the browser for security.
Jammu and Kashmir Counselling process
Step 1: Registration and Document Submission
- Make sure you have qualified for NEET UG examination and have the required documents.
- Register and submit your documents online through the BOPEE website within the specified time.
- Pay the online fee as prescribed by the Board.
Step 2: Seat Allotment Rounds
- Check the seat matrix and vacant seats on the BOPEE website.
- Eligible candidates will be called for counseling based on their NEET UG scores and preferences.
- Participate in the counseling process in person.
- Choose a seat from the available options based on your merit and preference.
- Once allotted a seat, complete the necessary formalities in the allotted college.
Round 2 (Upgradation/Allotment Round):
- Seats that become available due to non-joining, resignation, or vacancies are notified by the Board.
- Candidates who have already been allotted seats in Round 1 can participate.
- Candidates who couldn’t get a seat due to SNA or CNA in Round 1 can also participate.
- Depending on seat availability, additional eligible candidates may be allowed to participate.
- Indicate fresh preferences for the available seats.
- Preferences from Round 1 will be canceled for this round.
- Seats left by OM candidates will be allotted to OM candidates during this round.
- No fee is required for those who paid during Round 1.
Round 3 (Third Round of Counseling):
- Board may conduct a 3rd round of counseling if needed.
- Candidates who did not join after previous rounds are eligible to participate.
- Preferences from earlier rounds are not applicable.
- Candidates upgraded during Round 2 are not eligible.
- Seats left vacant due to non-joining or resignation are filled.
- Follow the same counseling process as in Round 1.
Final Round by Personal Counseling (Mop-Up Round):
- If necessary, a final round is conducted by personal counseling.
- Vacant seats are filled to ensure no new vacancies are created.
- Eligible candidates who did not join earlier rounds can participate.
- Allotment is based on merit and preference.
- Once allotted, complete the formalities in the allotted college.
- Board may allow candidates who were not allowed to participate earlier due to non-joining to participate in the last round, depending on seat availability.
- Ensure you meet all eligibility criteria.
- Failure to join an allotted institution may lead to admission cancellation.
- Date of Birth Certificate as per matriculation certificate.
- 10+2 or equivalent Examination Marks Card
- Domicile Certificate of candidates belonging to UTs of J&K/ Ladakh (for the candidates of UT of Ladakh, ST certificate be treated as Domicile certificate).
- Category certificate; (wherever applicable)
- NEET score card 2023
- Poor &Backward Certificate, if any.
- Cut-Off 2023 (Last Cut-Off for 1 & 2 round)
For PG Course
- Date of birth
- 12th Certificate
- MBBS degree certificate
- Marks cards of all the years of MBBS
- NEET PG result
- Registration certificate from MCI or SMC
- Internship completion certificate
- Category certificate if applicable
MCC Counseling Registration
|1||Visit MCC Official Website||Go to the official MCC Counselling 2023|
|2||Find the Registration Link||Locate and click on the “Registration” or “New Registration” link on the homepage.|
|3||Read the Instructions||Carefully read and understand the provided instructions, guidelines, and eligibility criteria.|
|4||Fill in Personal Details||Enter accurate personal information: full name, date of birth, gender, contact number, email, etc.|
|5||NEET UG Details||Provide NEET UG exam details: roll number, application number, and exam year.|
|6||Generate Login Credentials||Create a unique username and strong password for future access to the counseling portal.|
|7||Payment of Registration Fee||Pay the prescribed fee using available online payment options. Follow provided payment instructions.|
|8||Verify and Submit||Review entered information, make corrections if needed, and submit the registration form.|
|9||Confirmation and Printout||Receive a confirmation message/email upon successful submission. Print or save as PDF for records.|
|10||Keep Registration Details Secure||Safely store registration number, login credentials, and payment receipt for future reference.|
|15% AIQ/Central Universities||Rs. 1,000||Rs. 500|
|Deemed University||Rs. 5,000||Rs. 5,000|
Security Fee (Refundable)
|15% AIQ/Central Universities||Rs. 1,0000||Rs. 5,000|
|Deemed University||Rs. 2,00,000||Rs. 2,00,000|
MCC Counselling Process
MCC will be the conducting the counselling process for admission to Medical, Dental Colleges and Nursing Colleges for the AIQ, Central Institutes, University, AIMS, JIPMER , Deemed universities, AMU, BHU and etc. The Counselling will be held in Four Rounds Namely Round 1, Round 2, Round 3 and additional Round known as Stray vacancy round which will be the last round for the counselling and admission. Here’re are some details about each round given below:
- Register for Main Counseling: Visit www.mcc.nic.in and register for Round-1 by paying a Non-Refundable Registration fee and Refundable Security Deposit.
- Choice Filling and Locking: Choose your preferred institutes and courses during the specified days and lock your choices.
- Seat Allotment Round-1: Based on your choices and merit, seats will be allotted in Round-1.
- Result Publication: The Round-1 result will be published on the MCC website.
- Upload Essential Certificates: After the result is declared, upload the necessary certificates as per the guidelines.
- Physical Reporting: If allotted a seat, physically report to the allocated Medical/Dental College with original documents. Those who want to upgrade to Round-2 must report with their original documents.
- Candidates Not Allotted in Round-1: If you weren’t allotted a seat in Round-1, no need to register again. You will automatically be considered for Round-2.
- Fresh Registration for Round-2: New candidates or those who didn’t register in Round-1 must register for Round-2 by paying the fees.
- Choice Filling and Locking: Fill new choices and lock them during the specified period.
- Seat Allotment Round-2: Seats will be allotted based on your choices and merit.
- Result Publication: The Round-2 result will be published on the MCC website.
- Upload Essential Certificates: After the Round-2 result is declared, upload the necessary certificates as per the guidelines.
- Physical Reporting: If allotted a seat in Round-2, physically report to the allocated Medical/Dental College. Upgraded candidates must take relieving from Round-1 seat and join Round-2 seat.
- Candidates Not Allotted in Previous Rounds: If you were not allotted a seat in Round-1 or Round-2, no need to register again. You will be considered for Round-3.
- Fresh Registration for Round-3: New candidates or those who didn’t register in Round-1 or Round-2 must register for Round-3 by paying the fees.
- Choice Filling and Locking: Fill new choices and lock them during the specified period.
- Seat Allotment Round-3: Seats will be allotted based on your choices and merit.
- Result Publication: The Round-3 result will be published on the MCC website.
- Upload Essential Certificates: After the Round-3 result is declared, upload the necessary certificates as per the guidelines.
- Physical Reporting: If allotted a seat in Round-3, physically report to the allocated Medical/Dental College.
FINAL STRAY VACANCY ROUND:
- Fresh Registrations: Candidates must register for the Final Stray Vacancy Round.
- Elimination: Candidates with allotted seats in other rounds will be eliminated from the Stray Vacancy Round.
- Stray Vacancy Round: The AIQ Stray Vacancy Round for vacant seats will be conducted online by MCC of DGHS, MoHFW.
- Seat Allotment: Seats will be allotted based on merit in the Stray Vacancy Round.
- Joining Allotted Seat: If allotted a seat in the Stray Round, the candidate must join the allocated seat/college. Failure to join will result in debarment from NEET examination for 01 year and forfeiture of fees.
(Note: Candidates can participate in Round-2 or Round-3 directly without fresh registration if they are not allotted a seat in the previous round. Upgraded candidates cannot claim their previous round seat.)
|Qualify Exam||NEET conducted By NTA|
|Nationality||Applicants must be Indian citizens. NRI candidates with Indian passports are also eligible to apply. Under the NRI Category, Overseas Citizens of India (OCI) and Persons of Indian Origin (PIO) are eligible to apply.|
|Age Limit||17 years old (as on December 31). In addition, the candidate’s maximum age should be 25 years.|
|Qualification||The candidate must have passed from a recognised board/institute with a Class 12 credential or equivalent. In addition, the qualifying test should include Biology, Chemistry, English, and Physics as core subjects.Minimum 50% is required for the general category, 40% for SC/ST, and 45% for Physically Disabled candidates.|
NEET UG Cut Off 2023
|Category||Qualifying criteria||NEET Cutoff 2022||NEET Cutoff 2023|
|UR / EWS & PH||45th Percentile||116-105||136-121|
|OBC & PH||40th Percentile||104-93||120-107|
|SC & PH||40th Percentile||104-93||120-107|
|ST & PH||40th Percentile||104-93||120-108|
Government Medical College, Baramulla
- Address: Kanth Bagh, Baramulla, 193103
- Email ID: email@example.com
- Admission Helpline Number : 9667542500
- Website: http://www.gmcbaramulla.com/
Ranking & Reputation
|Name of Institute||Government Medical College, Baramulla|
NEET College Predictors
We understand the significance of choosing the right medical college for your bright future. Our website offers a variety of college predictors to ensure that you make informed decisions during the NEET counseling process.
With our NEET Score Predictor, input your NEET score, and instantly receive a personalized list of colleges where you have a higher chance of getting admitted. Our state-wise and category-based predictors further refine your options based on your preferences, giving you accurate and tailored results. we have offered you the top-of-the-class college predictors here’s the list of the college predictor for you;
- MBBS College Predictors
- BDS College Predictors
NEET Rank Predictors
NEET Rank Predictors are innovative tools designed to assist medical aspirants in estimating their All India Rank (AIR) in the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET). As one of the most competitive medical entrance exams in India, NEET plays a pivotal role in determining admission to undergraduate medical courses. NEET Rank Predictors empower students with insights into their performance, helping them set realistic goals and make informed decisions during the college selection process. Here’s the best ranks we’ve provided you with;
- MBBS Rank Predictors
- BDS Rank Predictors
Expert Admission Consultants
NEET Counselling takes pride in offering a team of highly experienced and dedicated Expert Admission Consultants who are committed to helping aspiring medical students achieve their dreams. Our consultants possess in-depth knowledge of the medical admission process and stay up-to-date with the latest developments in the field. They are well-versed in the intricacies of NEET counselling, medical college admissions, and various state-specific admission procedures. Here’s how our Expert Admission Consultants can help you with various counselling process
- MBBS Admission Consultant
- BDS Admission Consultant
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. What courses are offered at Government Medical College, Baramulla?
A. The college offers undergraduate courses in MBBS.
Q. Is Government Medical College, Baramulla recognized by the National Medical Commision ?
A. Yes, the college is recognized by the National Medical Commision and is affiliated with the University of Kashmir.
Q. What is the admission process for MBBS course at Government Medical College, Baramulla?
A. The admission process for the MBBS course is through NEET UG, and candidates are selected based on their performance in the entrance exam.
Q. Does the college provide hostel facilities?
A. Yes, the college provides separate hostel facilities for both male and female students with basic amenities.
Q. What is the duration of the MBBS course at Government Medical College, Baramulla?
A. The duration of the MBBS course is five and a half years, including a one-year internship.
Q. What are the research opportunities available for students at Government Medical College, Baramulla?
A. The college provides various research opportunities for students to explore and enhance their research skills. The college also has a research cell that encourages students to participate in research activities.
Q. Does Government Medical College, Baramulla have a placement cell?
A. The college does not have a dedicated placement cell, but students are provided with opportunities to pursue further studies or pursue their careers in various healthcare sectors.
Q. Does the college have a student council or association?
A. Yes, the college has a student council or association that represents the interests of the students and promotes extracurricular activities and events.