Government Medical College Ramanathapuram was founded in 2021. In a short period of time, the college has made outstanding advancements in the fields of medical education and healthcare. It is dedicated to giving the residents of the area access to high-quality education and healthcare, and it has carved out a niche for itself in the field of medical education. The college is affiliated with Tamil Nadu Dr. MGR Medical University in Chennai and has been recognised by the National Medical Commission.
The hospital attached to the college offers an enormous bedded facility that provides medical care to patients from the surrounding areas. Among the departments at the hospital are General Medicine, Surgery, Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Paediatrics, Dermatology, Orthopaedics, Ophthalmology, ENT, Psychiatry, and Anesthesiology. The hospital also has a well-equipped ICU and a 24-hour emergency department.
Government Medical College Ramanathapuram Highlights
|Name of Institute||Government Medical College, Ramanathapuram|
|Popular Name||GMC, Ramanathapuram|
|Year of Establishment||2021|
|Affiliated to||Tamil Nadu Dr. M.G.R. Medical University|
|Counselling Conducting Body||Directorate of Medical Education (DME), Tamil Nadu|
|Approved by||National Medical Commission, New Delhi|
|Hostel Facilities||Yes (Male and Female)|
|Entrance Exam for UG courses||NEET UG Exam|
|Category||Medical Colleges in Tamil Nadu|
|Contact||Address: Near Amma Park, Kadampa Nagar, Ramanathapuram, Tamil Nadu 623503Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.orgAdmission Helpline Number : 9667542500|
Affiliation, Recognition & Aid Status
Affiliated with: Tamil Nadu Dr. M.G.R. Medical University
Approved by: National Medical Commission, New Delhi
Aid Status: Government
Government Medical College Ramanathapuram has modern amenities that provide students with a welcoming learning environment and support their academic and personal development. The following are some of the college’s facilities:
Library: The college’s library is fully-equipped, with a large collection of medical books, journals, and periodicals. There is also a reading room and a computer lab in the library.
Laboratories: The college has modern and well-equipped Anatomy, Physiology, Biochemistry, Microbiology, Pathology, and Pharmacology laboratories. The labs are intended to give students hands-on experience with practical aspects of their curriculum.
Lecture halls: The college has large lecture halls that are outfitted with audio-visual aids and cutting-edge teaching technology. The lecture halls are intended to provide students with a comfortable learning environment.
Hostel: Separate dorms are available for male and female students at the college. The hostels are furnished with all necessary amenities, including a kitchen, a recreation area, and Wi-Fi.
Sports facilities: The college has a sports complex with courts for both indoor and outdoor sports like basketball, volleyball, cricket, football, and badminton. For those who enjoy working out, the college has a gym.
Cafeteria: The college has a cafeteria where students and staff can get wholesome, hygienic food.
Transport: Buses that travel to various locations around the city and the surrounding areas are provided by the college for the use of its staff and students.
The amenities offered at Government Medical College Ramanathapuram are created to offer students a thorough educational experience and to support both their academic and personal growth.
Faculty and Staff
- The faculty at Government Medical College Ramanathapuram is made up of a team of professionals committed to sharing their wealth of knowledge and experience with the students. The professors are dedicated to giving the students a top-notch education and are authorities in their fields.
- Professors, associate professors, assistant professors, and tutors make up the Government Medical College Ramanathapuram faculty. They have outstanding academic and research backgrounds, and many of them have papers that have been published in numerous national and international medical journals.
- The college has a student-teacher ratio of 1:5, ensuring that each student gets personalized attention and guidance from the faculty members. The faculty members are also actively involved in research activities, and many of them have received grants from funding agencies to carry out research in various medical fields.
Courses Offered and Intake Capacity
For Undergraduate Courses
|MBBS||4 and ½ years + 1 Year Internship||100|
|Subjects||Compulsory time duration for Internship|
|Community Medicine||Two months|
|Medicine, including 15 days of Psychiatry||Two months|
|Surgery, including 15 days of Anaesthesia||Two months|
|Obstet./Gynae. including Family Welfare Planning||Two months|
|Orthopedics including PMR||One month|
|Elective posting||15 days|
For UG course (MBBS)
|Name||Pre Clinical||Para Clinical||Clinical|
|Semester||Semester 1 – 2||Semester 3 – 5||Semester 6 – 9|
|Subjects||Biochemistry||Community Medicine||Community medicine and allied subjects (Psychiatry, Dermatology)|
|Anatomy||Forensic Medicine||Obstetrics and Gynecology|
|—||Pathology||Surgery and allied subjects|
For Under Graduate Courses
|Course||Fees (per annum)|
NOTE: The above-shared fees can vary from the actual fees and are subject to change. To know the exact fee structure, candidates can connect with a counseling expert at the Admission Helpline No. 9667542500
- The candidate should visit any of the Tamil Nadu Official websites www.tnhealth.tn.gov.in Or www.tnmedicalselection.org
- Candidates must submit their completed online application form by uploading the required information in the required fields.
- Changes to any details in the online Application will not be considered under any circumstances after submission.
- Applications that are incomplete will be rejected.
- Candidates should only submit one Application Form. A candidate’s application will be canceled if he or she submits more than one Application Form.
- Candidates must ensure that all information entered in the online application is correct before submitting the application form online.
- Candidates must submit a printout of their completed online application form (Hard Copy) along with any required enclosures.
- Service Candidates must submit a printout of their completed online application forms, as well as their Service particulars (duly certified by the Forwarding Authority with date and seal) and any necessary enclosures.
- After submitting the filled in online application, the candidates are instructed to download their filled in online application form for future reference.
Method of Payment for Fees:
i. Mode of payment using debit Card/Net or net banking: necessary facilities have been provided for paying through nationalized banks via bank payment portal while utilizing net banking.
ii. Candidates should be aware that a simple fee deduction from a bank account does not constitute proof of fee payment.
iii. Verify the debit card’s validity and bank balance before going on to the website to submit an application. The candidate needs to fill out the required information and pay with a debit card.
iv. It is preferable to maintain a bank account for the same because the security deposit will only be repaid to the account from which it was begun.
Choice Filling and Locking
- Applicants are required to submit their choices during this stage. Candidates should complete the selections while keeping their scores in mind because admission is based on merit, the NEET score and preferences presented during the counseling phase.
- Individuals can choose as many selections as you’d like while looking at the list of colleges on the screen.
- Enter your password after that, then click “Lock Choices.”
- Once a candidate’s choices have been locked, they cannot change them.
- After locking, users have the option to print a copy of the locked choices, which also contains the locking time and date, the IP address of the computer, and a randomly generated unique number.
The merit list will be compiled based on the results of the qualifying exam and the NEET exam. The Tamil Nadu NEET rank list will be posted on DME’s official website.
Counselling Reporting Schedule
On its official website, DME publishes the date sheet and cutoff for the first round of Tamil Nadu counseling. Candidates who meet the cut-off must report to the counseling location on the specified date and time. Such candidates must obtain their call letters from the DME’s official website. Aside from the call letter, candidates must bring the documents indicated below to the counseling location.
MCC 15 % AIQ Quota
Medical Counselling Committee (MCC) is an autonomous body under the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India. The MCC is responsible for conducting online counselling for admission to various undergraduate and postgraduate medical and dental courses in India, including MBBS and BDS, through the NEET UG and NEET PG exams, respectively.
The MCC conducts centralized counselling for the All India Quota (AIQ) seats in government medical and dental colleges across India, as well as for seats in Deemed and Central Universities, ESIC, and AFMC colleges. The counselling process involves registration, choice filling, seat allotment, document verification, and admission to the allotted colleges.
MCC NEET Counselling Registration
MCC holds four rounds of NEET-UG counseling for AIQ, including a mop-up round and a stray vacancy round. Following the completion of Round 2, the MCC will fill the remaining seats in a mop-up round and a stray vacancy round. The following steps must be taken:
- Visit the official website: Visit the official website of MCC (https://mcc.nic.in/) and click on the “UG Medical Counseling” tab.
- New registration: Click on “New Registration” and fill in all the required details such as personal details, contact details, NEET exam details, and security pin. After filling in all the details, click on the “Submit” button.
- Login credentials: After successful registration, a new page will appear with your login credentials. Use these credentials to log in and fill in your choices of colleges and courses.
- Choice filling: Fill in your preferred colleges and courses in order of priority. You can choose as many choices as you want.
- Locking of choices: After you have filled in your choices, you need to lock them by clicking on the “Lock Choices” button. Once the choices are locked, you cannot make any changes.
- Seat allotment: The MCC conducts the seat allotment process based on your rank, category, and the choices filled by you. You will be able to see your seat allotment result on the official website.
- Reporting to the allotted college: If you are satisfied with the seat allotted to you, you need to report to the allotted college within the specified time with all the required documents and pay the admission fee.
MCC Counselling Fees Structure
Counselling Fee (Non Refundable)
|15% AIQ/Central Universities||Rs. 1,000||Rs. 500|
|Deemed University||Rs. 5,000||Rs. 5,000|
Security Fee (Refundable)
|15% AIQ/Central Universities||Rs. 1,0000||Rs. 5,000|
|Deemed University||Rs. 2,00,000||Rs. 2,00,000|
|Qualify Exam||NEET conducted By NTA|
|Nationality||Applicants must be Indian citizens.NRI candidates with Indian passports are also eligible to apply. Under the NRI category, overseas citizens of India (OCI) and persons of Indian origin (PIO) are eligible to apply.|
|Age Limit||17 years old (as of December 31). In addition, the candidate’s maximum age should be 25 years.|
|Qualification||The candidate must have a Class 12 credential or equivalent from a recognized board or institution. In addition, the qualifying test should include biology, chemistry, English, and physics as core subjects.A minimum of 50% is required for the general category, 40% for SC/ST, and 45% for physically disabled candidates.|
NEET UG Cut Off
|Category||Qualifying Marks||Percentile Criteria|
|General/EWS & PH Category||116-105||45th Percentile|
|SC/BC & PH Category||104-93||40th Percentile|
MBBS College Predictor
MBBS College Predictor is a tool or software that helps students predict which MBBS colleges they are likely to get admission in based on their NEET UG score, preferred location, and category. The predictor tool uses the previous year’s cut-off date, admission trends, and other relevant factors to generate a list of BDS colleges that match the student’s score and preferences.
The MBBS College Predictor tool helps students make informed decisions about their admission process by giving them an idea of the colleges they may get admission to. It also helps them plan their application process by shortlisting colleges based on their preferences and eligibility criteria.
MBBS Admission Consultant
A MBBS Admission Consultant is a professional who provides guidance and assistance to students seeking admission to MBBS (Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery) courses in India. Our consultant typically has extensive knowledge and experience in the field of medical education and can help students navigate the complex admissions process. Helping students choose the right colleges based on their academic record, career goals, and personal preferences.
Assisting students with the application process, including filling out application forms, writing personal statements, and gathering necessary documents. Our top admission consultants are committed to serving each individual with the utmost integrity around the clock. Feel free to contact our admission consultant for any admission-related queries.
Government Medical College, Ramanathapuram
- Address: Near Amma Park, Kadampa Nagar, Ramanathapuram, Tamil Nadu 623503
- Email ID: email@example.com
- Admission Helpline no : 9667542500
Ranking & Reputation
|Name of Institute||Government Medical College, Ramanathapuram|
For UG Courses
- NEET-UG Admissions card and score card.
- Class X Mark Sheet
- Class XI Mark Sheet
- H.S.C. Mark sheet or any other equivalent exam.
- Transfer certificate
- Graduation Certificate (if required)
- Permanent Community Certificate Card.
- Income Certificate for the candidates claiming fee exemption.
- Nativity certificate and supporting documentation are required for applicants who have studied from Standard VI to Standard XII in a state other than Tamil Nadu.
- The candidate who is a Tamil Nadu native and has studied from VI to XII standard in Tamil Nadu schools should also present supporting documentation of the parent’s certificates.
- Special Category Form with an additional fee of Rs.100/- via Bank payment portal with relevant certificates for Persons with Benchmark Disabilities, Eminent Sports Person and Ex-Servicemen, as applicable, along with the online application form should be uploaded.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q:Does Government Medical College Ramanathapuram offer postgraduate courses?
A: No, Government Medical College Ramanathapuram offers only an undergraduate course in medicine and surgery (MBBS).
Q: What is the admission criteria for MBBS course in Government Medical College Ramanathapuram?
A: Admissions to the MBBS course at Government Medical College Ramanathapuram are based on the NEET entrance exam.
Q: What are the facilities available at Government Medical College Ramanathapuram?
A: Government Medical College Ramanathapuram is equipped with state-of-the-art facilities such as a library, laboratories, lecture halls, hospital, hostels, sports facilities, cafeteria, and transport facilities.
Q: What is the faculty-student ratio at Government Medical College Ramanathapuram?
A: The faculty-student ratio at Government Medical College Ramanathapuram is 1:5, ensuring that each student gets personalized attention and guidance from the faculty members.
Q: What are the career prospects after completing MBBS from Government Medical College Ramanathapuram?
A: After completing MBBS from Government Medical College Ramanathapuram, students can pursue higher studies in medical specialties such as surgery, pediatrics, gynecology, dermatology, etc. They can also opt for government or private sector jobs in healthcare, research, or academics.
Q: Is there a hostel facility available at Government Medical College Ramanathapuram?
A: Yes, Government Medical College Ramanathapuram has separate hostel facilities for male and female students. The hostels are equipped with all the necessary facilities such as mess, recreation, and security.
Q: What is the duration of the MBBS course at Government Medical College Ramanathapuram?
A: The MBBS course at Government Medical College Ramanathapuram is of five and a half years, including one year of compulsory internship.
Q: What is the teaching methodology at Government Medical College Ramanathapuram?
A: The teaching methodology at Government Medical College Ramanathapuram includes lectures, practical sessions, case studies, clinical postings, and research projects. The aim is to provide a holistic education to the students and prepare them for a successful career in the medical field.