Government Medical College Pudukottai, established in 2017, is one of Tamil Nadu’s most prestigious medical colleges. The college has consistently given students a place where they can pursue their aspirations of becoming doctors and changing the world. The college has received recognition from the National Medical Commission and shares an affiliation with Tamil Nadu Dr. MGR Medical University in Chennai.
The college has cutting-edge infrastructure and facilities spread across a vast campus of 127 acres. A large selection of books, journals, and online resources can be found in the college’s well-stocked library. The college has up-to-date, modern laboratories with all the necessary tools. For effective learning, the college has large lecture halls with audio-visual aids.
Government Medical College Pudukottai Highlights
|Name of Institute||Government Medical College, Pudukottai|
|Popular Name||GMC, Pudukottai|
|Year of Establishment||2017|
|Affiliated to||Tamil Nadu Dr. M.G.R. Medical University|
|Counselling Conducting Body||Directorate of Medical Education (DME), Tamil Nadu|
|Approved by||National Medical Commission, New Delhi|
|Hostel Facilities||Yes (Male and Female)|
|Entrance Exam for UG courses||NEET UG Exam|
|Category||Medical Colleges in Tamil Nadu|
|Contact||Address: Govt.Medical College Hospital, Pudukkottai R.F., Tamil Nadu 622004|
Email ID: email@example.com
Admission Helpline Number : 9667542500
Affiliation, Recognition & Aid Status
Affiliated with: Tamil Nadu Dr. M.G.R. Medical University
Approved by: National Medical Commission, New Delhi
Aid Status: Government
Library: The college has a sizable collection of books, journals, and online resources in its well-stocked library. Students and faculty can access the most recent medical research in the library, which is open to the public.
Laboratories: The college has state-of-the-art labs that are furnished with the newest machinery and tools. These labs give students the chance to apply their classroom learning and gain real-world experience.
Lecture Halls: Large lecture halls with audio-visual aids are available at the college to promote effective learning. These lecture halls are made to offer students a relaxing and helpful learning environment.
Hostel: Separate dormitories are available for male and female students at the college. The hostels are furnished with all necessary amenities, giving students a cosy and secure place to stay.
Hospital: A cutting-edge hospital that offers patients the best care is located on the college’s campus. Each hospital department is staffed with highly qualified medical personnel in order to give patients the best care possible.
Sports Facilities: The university has a sports complex with a gymnasium, courts for indoor sports, and fields for outdoor sports. This facility enables students to exercise and maintain a healthy lifestyle.
Transport: For faculty and students, the college offers transport services that make it simple for them to get to and from the college.
Research Facilities: The college has research facilities that enable faculty and students to carry out medical research. Modern hardware and software are available at these facilities, enabling researchers to carry out cutting-edge research.
The amenities offered by Government Medical College Pudukottai are designed to give its students a relaxing and conducive learning environment while also offering high-quality healthcare services to the neighbourhood.
Faculty and Staff
The faculty and support staff at Government Medical College Pudukottai are highly qualified and experienced, and they are committed to giving their students and patients the best education and medical care possible.
Faculty: The college employs a group of exceptionally skilled and knowledgeable professors who are experts in their fields. Some of the academic staff who lead a variety of courses on medical-related topics include professors, associate professors, assistant professors, and lecturers.
Support Staff: The college also employs a team of support staff members who put in countless hours to make sure everything runs smoothly in addition to the faculty. The support staff is made up of the administrative staff, lab technicians, nurses, and other employees who are crucial to the college’s day-to-day operations.
Training and Development: The college makes investments in the education and training of its lecturers and helpers. The college regularly hosts training sessions and workshops to keep its faculty and staff abreast of the most recent advancements in the medical industry.
Student-Teacher Ratio: The college maintains a favourable student-teacher ratio to guarantee that each pupil receives individualised attention and direction from the faculty. In order to succeed in school and the workplace in the future, students must have the opportunity to ask any questions they may have and receive feedback that is tailored specifically to them.
The Government Medical College Pudukottai faculty and staff are dedicated to giving the students and patients top-notch instruction and medical care. Their commitment and diligence are essential in helping the college become a top institution in the medical industry.
Courses Offered and Intake Capacity
For Undergraduate Courses
|MBBS||4 and ½ years + 1 Year Internship||150|
|Subjects||Compulsory time duration for Internship|
|Community Medicine||Two months|
|Medicine, including 15 days of Psychiatry||Two months|
|Surgery, including 15 days of Anaesthesia||Two months|
|Obstet./Gynae. including Family Welfare Planning||Two months|
|Orthopedics including PMR||One month|
|Elective posting||15 days|
For UG course (MBBS)
|Name||Pre Clinical||Para Clinical||Clinical|
|Semester||Semester 1 – 2||Semester 3 – 5||Semester 6 – 9|
|Subjects||Biochemistry||Community Medicine||Community medicine and allied subjects (Psychiatry, Dermatology)|
|Anatomy||Forensic Medicine||Obstetrics and Gynecology|
|—||Pathology||Surgery and allied subjects|
For Under Graduate Courses
|Course||Fees (per annum)|
NOTE: The above-shared fees can vary from the actual fees and are subject to change. To know the exact fee structure, candidates can connect with a counseling expert at the Admission Helpline No. 9667542500
- The candidate should visit any of the Tamil Nadu Official websites www.tnhealth.tn.gov.in Or www.tnmedicalselection.org
- Candidates must submit their completed online application form by uploading the required information in the required fields.
- Changes to any details in the online Application will not be considered under any circumstances after submission.
- Applications that are incomplete will be rejected.
- Candidates should only submit one Application Form. A candidate’s application will be canceled if he or she submits more than one Application Form.
- Candidates must ensure that all information entered in the online application is correct before submitting the application form online.
- Candidates must submit a printout of their completed online application form (Hard Copy) along with any required enclosures.
- Service Candidates must submit a printout of their completed online application forms, as well as their Service particulars (duly certified by the Forwarding Authority with date and seal) and any necessary enclosures.
- After submitting the filled in online application, the candidates are instructed to download their filled in online application form for future reference.
Method of Payment for Fees:
i. Mode of payment using debit Card/Net or net banking: necessary facilities have been provided for paying through nationalized banks via bank payment portal while utilizing net banking.
ii. Candidates should be aware that a simple fee deduction from a bank account does not constitute proof of fee payment.
iii. Verify the debit card’s validity and bank balance before going on to the website to submit an application. The candidate needs to fill out the required information and pay with a debit card.
iv. It is preferable to maintain a bank account for the same because the security deposit will only be repaid to the account from which it was begun.
Choice Filling and Locking
- Applicants are required to submit their choices during this stage. Candidates should complete the selections while keeping their scores in mind because admission is based on merit, the NEET score and preferences presented during the counseling phase.
- Individuals can choose as many selections as you’d like while looking at the list of colleges on the screen.
- Enter your password after that, then click “Lock Choices.”
- Once a candidate’s choices have been locked, they cannot change them.
- After locking, users have the option to print a copy of the locked choices, which also contains the locking time and date, the IP address of the computer, and a randomly generated unique number.
The merit list will be compiled based on the results of the qualifying exam and the NEET exam. The Tamil Nadu NEET rank list will be posted on DME’s official website.
Counselling Reporting Schedule
On its official website, DME publishes the date sheet and cutoff for the first round of Tamil Nadu counseling. Candidates who meet the cut-off must report to the counseling location on the specified date and time. Such candidates must obtain their call letters from the DME’s official website. Aside from the call letter, candidates must bring the documents indicated below to the counseling location.
MCC 15 % AIQ Quota
Medical Counselling Committee (MCC) is an autonomous body under the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India. The MCC is responsible for conducting online counselling for admission to various undergraduate and postgraduate medical and dental courses in India, including MBBS and BDS, through the NEET UG and NEET PG exams, respectively.
The MCC conducts centralized counselling for the All India Quota (AIQ) seats in government medical and dental colleges across India, as well as for seats in Deemed and Central Universities, ESIC, and AFMC colleges. The counselling process involves registration, choice filling, seat allotment, document verification, and admission to the allotted colleges.
MCC NEET Counselling Registration
MCC holds four rounds of NEET-UG counseling for AIQ, including a mop-up round and a stray vacancy round. Following the completion of Round 2, the MCC will fill the remaining seats in a mop-up round and a stray vacancy round. The following steps must be taken:
- Visit the official website: Visit the official website of MCC (https://mcc.nic.in/) and click on the “UG Medical Counseling” tab.
- New registration: Click on “New Registration” and fill in all the required details such as personal details, contact details, NEET exam details, and security pin. After filling in all the details, click on the “Submit” button.
- Login credentials: After successful registration, a new page will appear with your login credentials. Use these credentials to log in and fill in your choices of colleges and courses.
- Choice filling: Fill in your preferred colleges and courses in order of priority. You can choose as many choices as you want.
- Locking of choices: After you have filled in your choices, you need to lock them by clicking on the “Lock Choices” button. Once the choices are locked, you cannot make any changes.
- Seat allotment: The MCC conducts the seat allotment process based on your rank, category, and the choices filled by you. You will be able to see your seat allotment result on the official website.
- Reporting to the allotted college: If you are satisfied with the seat allotted to you, you need to report to the allotted college within the specified time with all the required documents and pay the admission fee.
MCC Counselling Fees Structure
Counselling Fee (Non Refundable)
|15% AIQ/Central Universities||Rs. 1,000||Rs. 500|
|Deemed University||Rs. 5,000||Rs. 5,000|
Security Fee (Refundable)
|15% AIQ/Central Universities||Rs. 1,0000||Rs. 5,000|
|Deemed University||Rs. 2,00,000||Rs. 2,00,000|
|Qualify Exam||NEET conducted By NTA|
|Nationality||Applicants must be Indian citizens.NRI candidates with Indian passports are also eligible to apply. Under the NRI category, overseas citizens of India (OCI) and persons of Indian origin (PIO) are eligible to apply.|
|Age Limit||17 years old (as of December 31). In addition, the candidate’s maximum age should be 25 years.|
|Qualification||The candidate must have a Class 12 credential or equivalent from a recognized board or institution. In addition, the qualifying test should include biology, chemistry, English, and physics as core subjects.A minimum of 50% is required for the general category, 40% for SC/ST, and 45% for physically disabled candidates.|
NEET UG Cut Off
|Category||Qualifying Marks||Percentile Criteria|
|General/EWS & PH Category||116-105||45th Percentile|
|SC/BC & PH Category||104-93||40th Percentile|
MBBS College Predictor
MBBS College Predictor is a tool or software that helps students predict which MBBS colleges they are likely to get admission in based on their NEET UG score, preferred location, and category. The predictor tool uses the previous year’s cut-off date, admission trends, and other relevant factors to generate a list of BDS colleges that match the student’s score and preferences.
The MBBS College Predictor tool helps students make informed decisions about their admission process by giving them an idea of the colleges they may get admission to. It also helps them plan their application process by shortlisting colleges based on their preferences and eligibility criteria.
MBBS Admission Consultant
A MBBS Admission Consultant is a professional who provides guidance and assistance to students seeking admission to MBBS (Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery) courses in India. Our consultant typically has extensive knowledge and experience in the field of medical education and can help students navigate the complex admissions process. Helping students choose the right colleges based on their academic record, career goals, and personal preferences.
Assisting students with the application process, including filling out application forms, writing personal statements, and gathering necessary documents. Our top admission consultants are committed to serving each individual with the utmost integrity around the clock. Feel free to contact our admission consultant for any admission-related queries.
Government Medical College, Pudukottai
- Address: Govt.Medical College Hospital, Pudukkottai R.F., Tamil Nadu 622004
- Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Admission Helpline no : 9667542500
Ranking & Reputation
|Name of Institute||Government Medical College, Pudukottai|
For UG Courses
- NEET-UG Admissions card and score card.
- Class X Mark Sheet
- Class XI Mark Sheet
- H.S.C. Mark sheet or any other equivalent exam.
- Transfer certificate
- Graduation Certificate (if required)
- Permanent Community Certificate Card.
- Income Certificate for the candidates claiming fee exemption.
- Nativity certificate and supporting documentation are required for applicants who have studied from Standard VI to Standard XII in a state other than Tamil Nadu.
- The candidate who is a Tamil Nadu native and has studied from VI to XII standard in Tamil Nadu schools should also present supporting documentation of the parent’s certificates.
- Special Category Form with an additional fee of Rs.100/- via Bank payment portal with relevant certificates for Persons with Benchmark Disabilities, Eminent Sports Person and Ex-Servicemen, as applicable, along with the online application form should be uploaded.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q:What courses are offered by Government Medical College Pudukottai?
A: Government Medical College Pudukottai offers an undergraduate course in Medicine and Surgery (MBBS).
Q: What are the eligibility criteria for admission to MBBS course?
A:The eligibility criteria for admission to MBBS course at Government Medical College Pudukottai are: The applicant must have reached the age of 17.With Physics, Chemistry, and Biology as their primary subjects, the candidate must have passed the 10+2 exam or an equivalent. In order to be considered, a candidate must have obtained at least 50% in the qualifying exam (or 40% for candidates from reserved categories).
Q: What is the selection process for admission to MBBS course?
A: The selection process for admission to MBBS course at Government Medical College Pudukottai is based on the candidate’s performance in the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA).
Q:Does the college provide hostel facilities for students?
A: Yes, Government Medical College Pudukottai provides hostel facilities for male and female students.
Q: What are the research facilities available at Government Medical College Pudukottai?
A: Government Medical College Pudukottai has research facilities that allow students and faculty to conduct research in the medical field. These facilities are equipped with the latest equipment and software, allowing researchers to conduct cutting-edge research.
Q:Is there any sports facility available at the college?
A: Yes, Government Medical College Pudukottai has a sports complex that includes a gymnasium, indoor sports courts, and outdoor sports fields. This facility allows students to engage in physical activity and stay fit and healthy.
Q:What is the duration of the MBBS course at Government Medical College Pudukottai?
A: The duration of the MBBS course at Government Medical College Pudukottai is five and a half years, including one year of compulsory internship.
Q:How is the faculty-student ratio at Government Medical College Pudukottai?
A:The faculty-student ratio at Government Medical College Pudukottai is good, with experienced and qualified faculty members who provide individual attention to each student.