Government Medical College and District Hospital Ratnagiri, is a transformative institution in medical education and healthcare, is an example of growth and dedication. This college, founded in 2023, is pleased to be affiliated with the prestigious Maharashtra University of Health Sciences, Nashik. It has received the honourable recognition of the National Medical Commission, reinforcing its dedication to the highest standards in medical education and healthcare services.
The future of medicine is taking form at Government Medical College and District Hospital Ratnagiri. The college, which has the potential to admit 100 prospective medical students every year, offers a life-changing Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS) programme. The institution has cutting-edge facilities, an outstanding faculty, and an uncompromising focus on research and clinical experience, fostering tomorrow’s healthcare leaders.
Beyond its academic goal, Government Medical College and District Hospital Ratnagiri envisions a compassionate and competent healthcare landscape. Its commitment extends not just to improving the health and well-being of the local population, but also to making an unmistakable mark on the national healthcare landscape. As you begin your career at Government Medical College and District Hospital Ratnagiri, you will be entering a world of possibilities in the field of healthcare.
- 1 Highlights
- 2 Affiliation, Recognition, and Aid Status
- 3 Facilities
- 4 Faculty and Staff
- 5 Courses Offered for UG Course
- 6 MBBS Course Syllabus
- 7 MBBS Internship
- 8 MBBS Course Fees Structure
- 9 Eligibility Criteria For UG Course
- 10 Government Medical college and District Hospital Ratnagiri Cut-Off 2022 (State Quota)
- 11 Government Medical college and District Hospital Ratnagiri Cut-Off 2022 (AIQ Quota)
- 12 Maharashtra NEET Counselling
- 13 Documents Required
- 14 Counselling Fee
- 15 Security Fee (Refundable)
- 16 Documents Required for UG Courses
- 17 Contact Details
- 18 Ranking & Reputation
- 19 NEET College Predictors
- 20 NEET Rank Predictors
- 21 Expert Admission Consultants
- 22 FAQs
- 23 Q: When was Government Medical College and District Hospital Ratnagiri established?
- 24 Q:Is the college affiliated with a university?
- 25 Q:Does Government Medical College and District Hospital Ratnagiri offer an MBBS program?
- 26 Q:How many students are admitted to the MBBS program annually?
- 27 Q: Is there a teaching hospital associated with the college?
- 28 Q: What is the duration of the MBBS program at the college?
- 29 Q: What resources are available at the college's library for students and faculty?
|Name of Institute||Government Medical college and District Hospital Ratnagiri|
|Popular Name||GMC Ratnagiri|
|Year of Establishment||2023|
|Affiliated to||Maharashtra University of Health Sciences, Nashik|
|Approved by||National Medical Commission|
|Hostel Facilities||Yes (Male and Female)|
|Entrance Exam for UG courses||NEET UG Exam|
|Category||Medical Colleges in Maharashtra|
|Contact||Address:Hodekar Rd, Udyamnagar, Patwardhan Wadi, Ratnagiri, Maharashtra 415612|
E-mail ID- email@example.com
Admission Helpline Number : 9667542500
Affiliation, Recognition, and Aid Status
Affiliated with: Maharashtra University of Health Sciences, Nashik
Approved by: National Medical Commission
Aid Status: Government
Government Medical College and District Hospital Ratnagiri offers an array of modern facilities that contribute to the holistic development of its students and the effective delivery of healthcare services. These facilities include:
- State-of-the-Art Classrooms: Well-equipped classrooms provide an ideal setting for interactive and effective learning, fostering academic excellence.
- Laboratories: Modern laboratories for subjects like anatomy, physiology, biochemistry, pathology, and microbiology offer students hands-on experience, enabling practical understanding and research opportunities.
- Library and Research Resources: The institution boasts a well-stocked library with an extensive collection of medical literature, textbooks, journals, and online resources, facilitating a culture of research and academic exploration.
- Teaching Hospital: Government Medical College and District Hospital Ratnagiri is affiliated with a teaching hospital that provides students with valuable clinical experience. The hospital is equipped with advanced diagnostic and treatment facilities.
- Simulation Center: A state-of-the-art simulation center allows students to practice clinical skills and procedures in a controlled environment, enhancing their clinical competence.
- Hostel Accommodations: On-campus hostel facilities are available for both male and female students, providing a safe and conducive living environment.
- Research Centers: Dedicated research centers encourage faculty and students to engage in medical research projects, promoting innovation and advancing medical knowledge.
- Sports and Recreation: Sports fields and indoor game facilities offer students opportunities for physical fitness and relaxation.
- Medical Museum: The institution features a medical museum that displays anatomical specimens, models, and medical artifacts, enriching students’ understanding of medical history and anatomy.
- Cafeteria: The college’s cafeteria serves nutritious meals and refreshments, catering to the dietary needs of students and staff.
- Transportation: Adequate transportation facilities are provided for commuting between the college, hospital, and hostel premises.
- Student Support Services: Trained counselors and support services are available to address students’ academic and personal needs, ensuring their overall well-being and success.
- Security: Trained security personnel ensure the safety and security of students, faculty, and staff on campus.
Faculty and Staff
The Faculty and Staff at Government Medical College and District Hospital Ratnagiri form the pillars of the institution, collectively shaping the future of medical education and healthcare services. Here’s an overview of the dedicated professionals who make up the faculty and staff:
- Teaching Faculty: The college’s teaching faculty consists of accomplished medical professionals, doctors, and specialists from various fields of medicine. Their extensive clinical expertise and academic knowledge enrich the learning experience for students.
- Support Staff: Beyond teaching, a team of administrative and support staff efficiently manages various aspects of college operations, including admissions, examinations, finances, and campus facilities, ensuring the smooth functioning of the institution.
- Clinical Faculty: With its affiliation to a teaching hospital, the college boasts a team of experienced clinicians and medical practitioners who provide hands-on clinical training to students. These clinical faculty members are responsible for patient care, diagnosis, and treatment, and they mentor and supervise students during clinical rotations.
- Research Scholars: Many faculty members actively engage in medical research and contribute to advancements in healthcare. They serve as mentors, guiding students in research projects and fostering a culture of inquiry and innovation.
- Librarians and Information Specialists: The library staff plays a pivotal role in curating an extensive collection of medical literature and providing students with access to research materials and online resources.
- Counselors and Student Support Services: Trained counselors are available to assist students with academic and personal challenges, offering guidance and support for their overall well-being.
- Technical and Laboratory Assistants: Technical and laboratory assistants support students in laboratory settings, ensuring they have access to the equipment and resources needed for practical learning.
- Maintenance and Facilities Staff: The maintenance and facilities team is responsible for maintaining the college campus and ensuring that all infrastructure, including classrooms, laboratories, and hostel facilities, are in optimal condition.
- Security Personnel: Trained security personnel play a critical role in ensuring the safety and security of students, faculty, and staff on campus.
Courses Offered for UG Course
|MBBS||4 and ½ years + 1 Year Internship||100|
MBBS Course Syllabus
|Name||Pre Clinical||Para Clinical||Clinical|
|Semester||Semester 1 – 2||Semester 3 – 5||Semester 6 – 9|
|Subjects||Biochemistry||Community Medicine||Community medicine and allied subjects (Psychiatry, Dermatology)|
|Anatomy||Forensic Medicine||Obstetrics and Gynecology|
|—||Pathology||Surgery and allied subjects|
|Subjects||Compulsory time duration for Internship|
|Community Medicine||Two months|
|Medicine, including 15 days of Psychiatry||Two months|
|Surgery, including 15 days of Anaesthesia||Two months|
|Obstet./Gynae. including Family Welfare Planning||Two months|
|Orthopedics including PMR||One month|
|Elective posting||15 days|
MBBS Course Fees Structure
|Tuition Fees (Per Annum)||1,03,900/-|
|Library Deposit (Refundable)||2,000/-|
|Library Fee (Per Annum)||1,000/-|
|Admission Fees ( One time)||1,500/-|
|Development Fee (Per Annum)||5,000/-|
|Gymkhana Fees (Per Annum)||500/-|
|Hostel Rent (Per Annum)||4,000/-|
|Eligibility Fee (One time)||2,600/-|
NOTE: The above-shared fees can vary from the actual fees and are subject to change. To know the exact fee structure, candidates can connect with a counseling expert at Admission Helpline No. 9667542500
Eligibility Criteria For UG Course
|Qualify Exam||NEET conducted By NTA|
|Nationality||Applicants must be Indian citizens.NRI candidates with Indian passports are also eligible to apply. Under the NRI Category, Overseas Citizens of India (OCI) and Persons of Indian Origin (PIO) are eligible to apply.|
|Age Limit||17 years old (as on December 31, ). In addition, the candidate’s maximum age should be 25 years.|
|Qualification||The candidate must have passed from a recognized board/institute with a Class 12 credential or equivalent. In addition, the qualifying test should include Biology, Chemistry, English, and Physics as core subjects.A minimum of 50% is required for the general category, 40% for SC/ST, and 45% for Physically Disabled candidates.|
NEET UG Cut-Off
|Category||Qualifying criteria||NEET Cutoff 2022||NEET Cutoff 2023|
|UR / EWS & PH||45th Percentile||116-105||136-121|
|OBC & PH||40th Percentile||104-93||120-107|
|SC & PH||40th Percentile||104-93||120-107|
|ST & PH||40th Percentile||104-93||120-108|
Government Medical college and District Hospital Ratnagiri Cut-Off 2022 (State Quota)
|Category||First Round||Second Round||Mop-Up Round|
Government Medical college and District Hospital Ratnagiri Cut-Off 2022 (AIQ Quota)
|Category||First Round||Second Round||Mop-Up Round||Stray Vancancy Round|
Maharashtra NEET Counselling
- Step 1: Check Eligibility: Make sure you meet the requirements for Maharashtra NEET Counseling 2023 (www.mahacet.org.).
- Step 2: Visit Official Website: Go to the official DMER Maharashtra or CET Cell Maharashtra website (www.mahacet.org).
- Step 3: Register: Click on “Registration” or “New User” and fill in personal details and NEET 2023 information.
- Step 4: Upload Documents: Submit scanned copies of the required documents.
- Step 5: Pay Fee: If applicable, pay the registration fee online.
- Step 6: Submit: Review your details and submit the application.
- Step 7: Print Acknowledgment: Keep a printout of the acknowledgment or application form.
- Step 8: Attend Document Verification: Go to the assigned center with original documents and photocopies.
- Step 9: Wait for Merit List: Await the release of the merit list based on NEET 2023 scores
Step 1: NEET 2023 Result Declaration
- The counseling process for Maharashtra NEET 2023 will begin after the announcement of the NEET 2023 results.
Step 2: Registration and Application
- Candidates who have qualified in NEET 2023 and meet the eligibility criteria for Maharashtra state will need to register for counseling.
- Visit the official website of the Directorate of Medical Education and Research (DMER) Maharashtra or the State Common Entrance Test Cell (CET Cell) to access the registration portal.
- Complete the registration process by providing personal details, NEET roll number, and other required information.
Pay the counseling registration fee, if applicable.
Step 3: Document Verification
- After successful registration, candidates need to appear for document verification at designated centers.
- Carry all the necessary original documents along with photocopies for verification. Commonly required documents include NEET scorecard, Class 10 and 12 mark sheets, domicile certificate, caste certificate (if applicable), etc.
Step 4: Publication of Merit List
- Once the document verification is completed, the conducting authority will publish the merit list.
- The merit list will be prepared based on NEET 2023 scores and other eligibility criteria set by the state.
Step 5: Choice Filling and Locking
- Candidates listed in the merit list can log in to the counseling portal to exercise their choice filling for colleges and courses.
- Browse through the available options and choose the desired medical/dental colleges and courses in the order of preference.
- After finalizing the choices, candidates must lock their preferences before the specified deadline.
Step 6: Seat Allotment
- Based on the merit rank and choices filled by the candidates, the seat allotment process will begin.
- The seat allotment result will be published on the official website.
- Candidates who are allocated seats must download the allotment letter and proceed with the next steps.
Step 7: Reporting to Allotted College
- Candidates must report to the allotted college within the given time frame mentioned in the allotment letter.
- Carry all the necessary documents in original for verification at the college.
Step 8: Second Round of Counseling (if applicable)
- If there are vacant seats after the first round, there may be a second round of counseling.
- Eligible candidates can participate in this round and follow the same procedure as the first round.
Step 9: Mop-Up Round (if applicable)
- In case of any remaining vacant seats, a mop-up round may be conducted.
- Eligible candidates who have not been allotted any seats in previous rounds or those who are eligible for the mop-up round can participate.
Step 10: Admission and Commencement of Classes
- After the mop-up round, the admission process will conclude.
- Candidates who have been allotted seats need to complete the admission formalities, pay the fees, and start attending classes as per the schedule.
- Online downloaded Application form of State NEET.
- Copy of downloaded NEET Admit Card.
- Any Photo ID proof (Aadhar Card/Driving License, PAN Card, Pass port)
- Copy of downloaded NEET result/Marksheet.
- Nationality Certificate Issued by District Magistrate/Addl. District Magistrate or Metropolitan Magistrate (Competent Authority for Issue of Such certificate)/valid Indian Passport or School Leaving Certificate of HSC/12thStdindicating the nationality of the candidate as ‘Indian’.
- Domicile certificate must be issued by a Magistrate/Metropolitan Magistrate/ Addl. District magistrate or competent authority for the issue of such a certificate.
- SSC i.e. 10thStandard or equivalent examination certificate, school leaving certificate or Birth certificate indicating the name of the candidate (for DOB).
- HSC, i.e., 12th Standard or equivalent examination Statement of Marks
- Medical fitness certificate
- Online Application Form as filled on www.mahacet.org
- Aadhar Card
- orphan certificate from appropriate authority. (If applicable)
- Religions Minority Certificate / reservation claim certificate (if applicable)
MCC Counseling Registration
|1||Visit MCC Official Website||Go to the official MCC Counselling 2023|
|2||Find the Registration Link||Locate and click on the “Registration” or “New Registration” link on the homepage.|
|3||Read the Instructions||Carefully read and understand the provided instructions, guidelines, and eligibility criteria.|
|4||Fill in Personal Details||Enter accurate personal information: full name, date of birth, gender, contact number, email, etc.|
|5||NEET UG Details||Provide NEET UG exam details: roll number, application number, and exam year.|
|6||Generate Login Credentials||Create a unique username and strong password for future access to the counseling portal.|
|7||Payment of Registration Fee||Pay the prescribed fee using available online payment options. Follow provided payment instructions.|
|8||Verify and Submit||Review entered information, make corrections if needed, and submit the registration form.|
|9||Confirmation and Printout||Receive a confirmation message/email upon successful submission. Print or save as PDF for records.|
|10||Keep Registration Details Secure||Safely store registration number, login credentials, and payment receipt for future reference.|
|15% AIQ/Central Universities||Rs. 1,000||Rs. 500|
|Deemed University||Rs. 5,000||Rs. 5,000|
Security Fee (Refundable)
|15% AIQ/Central Universities||Rs. 1,0000||Rs. 5,000|
|Deemed University||Rs. 2,00,000||Rs. 2,00,000|
MCC Counselling Process
MCC will be the conducting the counselling process for admission to Medical, Dental Colleges and Nursing Colleges for the AIQ, Central Institues, University, AIMS, JIPMER , Deemed universities, AMU, BHU and etc. The Counselling will be held in Four Rounds Namely Round 1, Round 2, Round 3 and additional Round known as Stray vacancy round which will be the last round for the counselling and admission. Here’re are some details about each round given below:
- Register for Main Counseling: Visit www.mcc.nic.in and register for Round-1 by paying a Non-Refundable Registration fee and Refundable Security Deposit.
- Choice Filling and Locking: Choose your preferred institutes and courses during the specified days and lock your choices.
- Seat Allotment Round-1: Based on your choices and merit, seats will be allotted in Round-1.
- Result Publication: The Round-1 result will be published on the MCC website.
- Upload Essential Certificates: After the result is declared, upload the necessary certificates as per the guidelines.
- Physical Reporting: If allotted a seat, physically report to the allocated Medical/Dental College with original documents. Those who want to upgrade to Round-2 must report with their original documents.
- Candidates Not Allotted in Round-1: If you weren’t allotted a seat in Round-1, no need to register again. You will automatically be considered for Round-2.
- Fresh Registration for Round-2: New candidates or those who didn’t register in Round-1 must register for Round-2 by paying the fees.
- Choice Filling and Locking: Fill new choices and lock them during the specified period.
- Seat Allotment Round-2: Seats will be allotted based on your choices and merit.
- Result Publication: The Round-2 result will be published on the MCC website.
- Upload Essential Certificates: After the Round-2 result is declared, upload the necessary certificates as per the guidelines.
- Physical Reporting: If allotted a seat in Round-2, physically report to the allocated Medical/Dental College. Upgraded candidates must take relieving from Round-1 seat and join Round-2 seat.
- Candidates Not Allotted in Previous Rounds: If you were not allotted a seat in Round-1 or Round-2, no need to register again. You will be considered for Round-3.
- Fresh Registration for Round-3: New candidates or those who didn’t register in Round-1 or Round-2 must register for Round-3 by paying the fees.
- Choice Filling and Locking: Fill new choices and lock them during the specified period.
- Seat Allotment Round-3: Seats will be allotted based on your choices and merit.
- Result Publication: The Round-3 result will be published on the MCC website.
- Upload Essential Certificates: After the Round-3 result is declared, upload the necessary certificates as per the guidelines.
- Physical Reporting: If allotted a seat in Round-3, physically report to the allocated Medical/Dental College.
FINAL STRAY VACANCY ROUND:
- Fresh Registrations: Candidates must register for the Final Stray Vacancy Round.
- Elimination: Candidates with allotted seats in other rounds will be eliminated from the Stray Vacancy Round.
- Stray Vacancy Round: The AIQ Stray Vacancy Round for vacant seats will be conducted online by MCC of DGHS, MoHFW.
- Seat Allotment: Seats will be allotted based on merit in the Stray Vacancy Round.
- Joining Allotted Seat: If allotted a seat in the Stray Round, the candidate must join the allocated seat/college. Failure to join will result in debarment from NEET examination for 01 year and forfeiture of fees.
(Note: Candidates can participate in Round-2 or Round-3 directly without fresh registration if they are not allotted a seat in the previous round. Upgraded candidates cannot claim their previous round seat.)
Documents Required for UG Courses
- NEET-UG Admissions card and score card.
- Class X Mark Sheet
- Class XI Mark Sheet
- H.S.C. Mark sheet or any other equivalent exam.
- Transfer certificate
- Graduation Certificate (if required)
- Permanent Community Certificate Card.
- Income Certificate for the candidates claiming fee exemption.
- Special Category Form with an additional fee of Rs.100/- via Bank payment portal with relevant certificates for Persons with Benchmark Disabilities, Eminent Sports Person and Ex-Servicemen, as applicable, along with the online application form should be uploaded.
Government Medical college and District Hospital, Ratnagiri
- Address: Hodekar Rd, Udyamnagar, Patwardhan Wadi, Ratnagiri, Maharashtra 415612
- E-mail ID- firstname.lastname@example.org
- Admission Helpline Number : 9667542500
- Website: http://gmcratnagiri.co.in/
Ranking & Reputation
|Name of Institute||Government Medical college and District Hospital, Ratnagiri|
NEET College Predictors
We understand the significance of choosing the right medical college for your bright future. Our website offers a variety of college predictors to ensure that you make informed decisions during the NEET counseling process.
With our NEET Score Predictor, input your NEET score, and instantly receive a personalized list of colleges where you have a higher chance of getting admitted. Our state-wise and category-based predictors further refine your options based on your preferences, giving you accurate and tailored results. we have offered you the top-of-the-class college predictors here’s the list of the college predictor for you;
- MBBS College Predictors
- BDS College Predictors
NEET Rank Predictors
NEET Rank Predictors are innovative tools designed to assist medical aspirants in estimating their All India Rank (AIR) in the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET). As one of the most competitive medical entrance exams in India, NEET plays a pivotal role in determining admission to undergraduate medical courses. NEET Rank Predictors empower students with insights into their performance, helping them set realistic goals and make informed decisions during the college selection process. Here’s the best ranks we’ve provided you with;
- MBBS Rank Predictors
- BDS Rank Predictors
Expert Admission Consultants
NEET Counselling takes pride in offering a team of highly experienced and dedicated Expert Admission Consultants who are committed to helping aspiring medical students achieve their dreams. Our consultants possess in-depth knowledge of the medical admission process and stay up-to-date with the latest developments in the field. They are well-versed in the intricacies of NEET counselling, medical college admissions, and various state-specific admission procedures. Here’s how our Expert Admission Consultants can help you with various counselling process
- MBBS Admission Consultant
- BDS Admission Consultant
Q: When was Government Medical College and District Hospital Ratnagiri established?
A:Government Medical College and District Hospital Ratnagiri was established in 2023.
Q:Is the college affiliated with a university?
A: Yes, the college is affiliated with the Maharashtra University of Health Sciences, Nashik.
Q:Does Government Medical College and District Hospital Ratnagiri offer an MBBS program?
A:Yes, the college offers a Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS) program.
Q:How many students are admitted to the MBBS program annually?
The college admits 100 students to the MBBS program each year.
Q: Is there a teaching hospital associated with the college?
A: Yes, the college is affiliated with a teaching hospital that provides students with practical clinical training.
Q: What is the duration of the MBBS program at the college?
A:The duration of MBBS Course at the college is 5.5 years
Q: What resources are available at the college's library for students and faculty?
A:The library provides access to a wide range of medical literature, textbooks, journals, and online resources to support research and learning.