Chikkamagaluru Institute of Medical Sciences Chikkamagaluru is a prestigious medical school in Karnataka that provides students with top-notch clinical training and medical education. The college was established in 2022 To impart comprehensive and innovative medical education to the students and develop their skills in clinical diagnosis and treatment and to provide quality patient care with a human touch and promote a patient-centered approach in healthcare. The college has affiliation with Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Karnataka and college has also received recognition from the National medical Commission. The college offers undergraduate courses (MBBS) with an intake capacity of 150 students per year.
The college offers students top-notch clinical training facilities. The hospital, which has 500 beds and is linked with the institution, offers students hands-on training in a number of specialties, including dermatology, ENT, ophthalmology, paediatrics, orthopaedics, and psychiatry. The hospital is fully furnished with cutting-edge diagnostic and therapeutic tools, and the students receive practical training in patient care while being supervised by qualified medical specialists.
The institution also encourages students to engage in research by offering chances for it. The college features a research division that conducts investigations in a number of medical sciences fields. The students can take part in research projects and discuss their findings at conferences held both domestically and abroad.
The institution lays a high priority on providing excellent medical education, excellent healthcare services, funding research, and developing talented and compassionate medical professionals who can benefit society.
Because to its excellent facilities, skilled professors, and variety of extracurricular activities, it is the greatest option for people interested in working in the medical field..
|Name of Institute||Chikkamagaluru Institute of Medical Sciences Chikkamagaluru|
|Popular Name||CIMS, Chikkamagaluru|
|Year of Establishment||2022|
|Affiliated to||Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Karnataka|
|Approved by||National Medical Commission|
|Counselling conducting authority||Karnataka Education Authority (KEA)|
|Hostel Facilities||Yes (Male and Female)|
|Entrance Exam for UG courses||NEET UG Exam|
|Category||Medical Colleges in Karnataka|
|Contact||Address: Near Azad park circle, Chikkamagaluru-577101|
Email ID: email@example.com
Admission Helpline Number : 9667542500
Affiliation, Recognition, and Aid Status
- Affiliated with: Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Karnataka
- Approved by: National Medical Commission
- Aid Status: Government
Facilities and Infrastructure
Chikkamagaluru Institute of Medical Sciences (CIMS) provides a variety of facilities to guarantee that students obtain the greatest academic and clinical experience possible. Among the facilities supplied by CIMS are the following:
- Infrastructure: The campus is well-designed and expansive, spanning 25 acres, with well-equipped lecture halls, demonstration rooms, a central library, auditoriums, and other facilities needed for students’ academic and recreational activities.
- Laboratories: The institution contains well-equipped labs for Anatomy, Physiology, Biochemistry, Microbiology, Pathology, Pharmacology, and Forensic Medicine. These laboratories give students with hands-on training and practical experience in their respective professions.
- Hospital: The college’s hospital has 400 beds and provides students with hands-on training in Medicine, Surgery, Obstetrics & Gynecology, Pediatrics, Orthopedics, Dermatology, ENT, Ophthalmology, and Psychiatry. The hospital is well-equipped with latest diagnostic and therapeutic technology, and students receive hands-on training in patient care under the supervision of seasoned medical experts.
- Library: The college’s primary library houses a huge collection of books, periodicals, and other reference materials needed for students’ academic and research endeavours. The library also gives access to online journals and databases.
- Sports and Recreation: The campus has a sports ground, gymnasium, and other recreational facilities for the students’ overall development. The college also has a student activity center that organizes various cultural and sports events.
- Hostel: The college provides separate hostel facilities for boys and girls, with comfortable accommodation and all necessary amenities.
- Research Wing: The college has a research wing that undertakes research activities in various domains of medical sciences. The students can participate in research activities and present their findings in national and international conferences.
- Forensic Medicine
- Community Medicine
- General Medicine
- Dermatology, Venereology, and Leprosy
- General Surgery
- ENT (Ear, Nose, and Throat)
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
Faculty and Staff
- Chikkamagaluru Institute of Medical Sciences (CIMS) has an experienced and motivated faculty and staff committed to provide students with superior education and clinical training. The teachers at CIMS are highly qualified and have extensive expertise in their respective professions. They are enthusiastic about educating and giving students with hands-on experience.
- Faculty members are actively involved in research and have articles published in national and international journals. They also attend numerous conferences and seminars to stay up to speed on the newest medical breakthroughs. Faculty members often advise and mentor students and urge them to participate in research activities.
- Apart from teachers, CIMS has a team of competent and experienced professionals that assist the college’s academic and administrative operations. Administrative personnel, technical personnel, and support personnel work relentlessly to maintain the college’s seamless operation.
- The faculty and staff at CIMS are committed to providing students with a supportive learning environment and making sure they have the best instruction and clinical experience imaginable. They collaborate to fulfil the college’s vision and objectives, as well as to equip students to be competent and compassionate medical professionals.
Courses Offered and Intake Capacity
For Undergraduate Courses
|MBBS||4 and ½ years + 1 Year Internship||150|
|Subjects||Compulsory time duration for Internship|
|Community Medicine||Two months|
|Medicine, including 15 days of Psychiatry||Two months|
|Surgery, including 15 days of Anaesthesia||Two months|
|Obstet./Gynae. including Family Welfare Planning||Two months|
|Orthopedics including PMR||15 days|
|Elective posting||15 days|
MBBS Course Syllabus
For UG course (MBBS)
|Name||Pre Clinical||Para Clinical||Clinical|
|Semester||Semester 1 – 2||Semester 3 – 5||Semester 6 – 9|
|Subjects||Biochemistry||Community Medicine||Community medicine and allied subjects (Psychiatry, Dermatology)|
|Anatomy||Forensic Medicine||Obstetrics and Gynecology|
|—||Pathology||Surgery and allied subjects|
For UG courses
Karnataka NEET Counselling 2023
Step 1: Online Registration
- Begin the registration process by accessing the website http://kea.kar.nic.in.
- Select “UGNEET-2023 Online Registration” to enter your details online.
Step 2: User Login
- Log in using your USER ID and Password.
- Enter your details step by step, ensuring accuracy and completeness.
Step 3: Upload Documents
- Upload scanned copies of the following documents separately in JPG/JPEG format:
- Recent passport-sized color photograph
- Left-hand thumb impression
Step 4: Draft Print and Verification
Before selecting the declaration, take a draft print of your application form.
- Carefully check and verify all the entered information for accuracy.
- Make any necessary changes if required.
- If all details are correct, select the declaration.
Step 5: Payment
- Proceed to pay the required fees following the payment gateway procedures provided.
Step 6: Application Form Printout
- After successful payment, take a printout of the application form on A-4 size paper.
- This printed copy should be produced during document verification.
|(for Karnataka SC/ST/Cat-1/PWD/GM/2A/2B/3A/3B candidates)||Rs. 500/-|
|Non-Karnataka candidates||Rs. 2,500/-|
|(for NRI Ward/NRI/OCI/PIO/Foreign Nationals candidates)||Rs. 5,500/-|
Step 1: Online Registration
- Visit the website kea.kar.nic.in.
- Select “UGNEET-2023 Online Registration.”
- Use your USER ID and Password to log in.
- Enter your details accurately.
- Upload a recent passport-size color photograph, signature, and left-hand thumb impression in JPG/JPEG format.
- Before confirming, review your application and make necessary changes.
- If everything is correct, select the declaration.
- Follow the provided payment gateway procedures to pay the fees.
- Print the application form on A-4 size paper.
- This printed copy is required for document verification.
Step 2: Document Verification
- Candidates who haven’t verified their documents must register online and complete this process.
- If you’ve already verified your documents for UGCET-2023 and don’t require additional reservations, you don’t need to verify again for Medical/Dental/AYURVEDA/UNANI/HOMEOPATHY courses. Just download the UGNEET-2023 Verification slip.
- If you’re eligible for additional reservations, ensure you claim them during online application and verify with relevant certificates.
Step 3: Course and College Choices
- Enter your course and college choices online based on seat availability.
- You can enter as many options as you want but prioritize them carefully.
- After entering options, a mock allotment will be done. It’s indicative and helps you revise your choices.
Step 4: Mock Allotment
- Review the results of the mock allotment, which shows where you might be allocated based on your preferences.
- Consider changing or retaining the entered options based on the mock allotment results.
Step 5: Finalize Options
- Verify your allotted seat status on the KEA website and modify options if needed.
- Continue to update your options until the last date for real allotment.
Step 6: Allotment Process
The allotment of seats will be conducted in two rounds, with each round having three phases.
First Round of Seat Allotment:
- Allotment is based on merit and priority of options entered by candidates.
- Special Category seats (Persons with disability, NCC, Sports Category) are allotted first.
- Seats are allocated according to the reservation policy.
- General Merit candidates are considered only in the General Merit quota, following the rank list.
- Reserved Kannada Medium and Rural Category candidates may also be allotted in their respective categories.
- Hyderabad-Karnataka reservation is considered.
- Special Category candidates like Defense, Ex-defense, CAPF, Ex-CAPF are allotted based on ranks and available seats.
- The first phase of allotment may involve multiple iterations until seats are filled or ranks exhausted.
Second Round of Allotment:
- Seats are allotted in the same manner as the first round.
- Unfilled seats in Rural and Kannada medium quota of reserved categories are converted to General category and offered to reserved category candidates.
- Only reserved category candidates are considered in this phase, and GM candidates are not.
- Consequential vacancies are considered.
Third Round of Allotment:
- Seats are allocated in the same order as previous rounds.
- Unfilled seats in various reserved General categories are converted to General Merit and offered to GM candidates.
- Consequential Rural and Kannada medium reserved category seats are considered.
- The order of seat allotment remains the same, and the process continues until no changes occur.
Step 7: Reporting to Colleges
- After the seat allotment in the final round, candidates who have been allotted seats need to report to the respective colleges they’ve been allocated.
The reporting process involves the following:
Step 8: Document Verification:
- Candidates must carry all necessary documents for verification, including educational certificates, identification, and allotment-related documents.
- The college authorities will verify your documents to ensure eligibility and compliance with admission criteria.
Step 9: Payment of Fees:
- Candidates are required to pay the prescribed fees as per the college’s fee structure.
- Ensure you understand the payment schedule and deadlines to avoid any issues.
Step 10: Confirmation of Admission:
- Once the documents are verified, and fees are paid, the college will confirm your admission.
- You may receive an admission letter or receipt as proof of your admission status.
Step 11: Seat Confirmation and Vacant Seats:
- If any candidates do not report to the allocated colleges within the specified timeframe, their seats may be considered vacant.
- SSLC/10th standard mark Sheet
- 2nd PUC/12th standard mark Sheet
- Final print out of online application form
- Original copy of chalan for having paid the registration fees
- NEET admission ticket
- Study certificate issued by school
- NEET Rank letter
- Two recent passport size photogrraphs
- Migration Certificate (Those who are studied under other than PU Board, Karnataka)
- Eligibility Certificate (Those who are studied under other than PU Board, Karnataka)
- Adhaar Card
MCC Counseling Registration
|1||Visit MCC Official Website||Go to the official MCC Counselling 2023|
|2||Find the Registration Link||Locate and click on the “Registration” or “New Registration” link on the homepage.|
|3||Read the Instructions||Carefully read and understand the provided instructions, guidelines, and eligibility criteria.|
|4||Fill in Personal Details||Enter accurate personal information: full name, date of birth, gender, contact number, email, etc.|
|5||NEET UG Details||Provide NEET UG exam details: roll number, application number, and exam year.|
|6||Generate Login Credentials||Create a unique username and strong password for future access to the counseling portal.|
|7||Payment of Registration Fee||Pay the prescribed fee using available online payment options. Follow provided payment instructions.|
|8||Verify and Submit||Review entered information, make corrections if needed, and submit the registration form.|
|9||Confirmation and Printout||Receive a confirmation message/email upon successful submission. Print or save as PDF for records.|
|10||Keep Registration Details Secure||Safely store registration number, login credentials, and payment receipt for future reference.|
|15% AIQ/Central Universities||Rs. 1,000||Rs. 500|
|Deemed University||Rs. 5,000||Rs. 5,000|
Security Fee (Refundable)
|15% AIQ/Central Universities||Rs. 1,0000||Rs. 5,000|
|Deemed University||Rs. 2,00,000||Rs. 2,00,000|
MCC Counselling Process
MCC will be the conducting the counselling process for admission to Medical, Dental Colleges and Nursing Colleges for the AIQ, Central Institutes, University, AIMS, JIPMER , Deemed universities, AMU, BHU and etc. The Counselling will be held in Four Rounds Namely Round 1, Round 2, Round 3 and additional Round known as Stray vacancy round which will be the last round for the counselling and admission. Here’re are some details about each round given below:
- Register for Main Counseling: Visit www.mcc.nic.in and register for Round-1 by paying a Non-Refundable Registration fee and Refundable Security Deposit.
- Choice Filling and Locking: Choose your preferred institutes and courses during the specified days and lock your choices.
- Seat Allotment Round-1: Based on your choices and merit, seats will be allotted in Round-1.
- Result Publication: The Round-1 result will be published on the MCC website.
- Upload Essential Certificates: After the result is declared, upload the necessary certificates as per the guidelines.
- Physical Reporting: If allotted a seat, physically report to the allocated Medical/Dental College with original documents. Those who want to upgrade to Round-2 must report with their original documents.
- Candidates Not Allotted in Round-1: If you weren’t allotted a seat in Round-1, no need to register again. You will automatically be considered for Round-2.
- Fresh Registration for Round-2: New candidates or those who didn’t register in Round-1 must register for Round-2 by paying the fees.
- Choice Filling and Locking: Fill new choices and lock them during the specified period.
- Seat Allotment Round-2: Seats will be allotted based on your choices and merit.
- Result Publication: The Round-2 result will be published on the MCC website.
- Upload Essential Certificates: After the Round-2 result is declared, upload the necessary certificates as per the guidelines.
- Physical Reporting: If allotted a seat in Round-2, physically report to the allocated Medical/Dental College. Upgraded candidates must take relieving from Round-1 seat and join Round-2 seat.
- Candidates Not Allotted in Previous Rounds: If you were not allotted a seat in Round-1 or Round-2, no need to register again. You will be considered for Round-3.
- Fresh Registration for Round-3: New candidates or those who didn’t register in Round-1 or Round-2 must register for Round-3 by paying the fees.
- Choice Filling and Locking: Fill new choices and lock them during the specified period.
- Seat Allotment Round-3: Seats will be allotted based on your choices and merit.
- Result Publication: The Round-3 result will be published on the MCC website.
- Upload Essential Certificates: After the Round-3 result is declared, upload the necessary certificates as per the guidelines.
- Physical Reporting: If allotted a seat in Round-3, physically report to the allocated Medical/Dental College.
FINAL STRAY VACANCY ROUND:
- Fresh Registrations: Candidates must register for the Final Stray Vacancy Round.
- Elimination: Candidates with allotted seats in other rounds will be eliminated from the Stray Vacancy Round.
- Stray Vacancy Round: The AIQ Stray Vacancy Round for vacant seats will be conducted online by MCC of DGHS, MoHFW.
- Seat Allotment: Seats will be allotted based on merit in the Stray Vacancy Round.
- Joining Allotted Seat: If allotted a seat in the Stray Round, the candidate must join the allocated seat/college. Failure to join will result in debarment from NEET examination for 01 year and forfeiture of fees.
(Note: Candidates can participate in Round-2 or Round-3 directly without fresh registration if they are not allotted a seat in the previous round. Upgraded candidates cannot claim their previous round seat.)
|Qualify Exam||NEET conducted By NTA|
|Nationality||Applicants must be Indian citizens. NRI candidates with Indian passports are also eligible to apply. Under the NRI Category, overseas citizens of India (OCI) and Persons of Indian origin (PIO) are eligible to apply.|
|Age Limit||17 years old (as of December 31). The upper age limit for General category candidates is 25 years, while for SC/ST/OBC candidates, it is 30 years.|
|Qualification||Candidates must have passed the 10+2 or equivalent examination with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology, and English as compulsory subjects.|
|Qualifying Marks||They must have obtained a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate (for General category candidates) and 40% marks in aggregate (for SC/ST/OBC candidates) in the qualifying examination.|
NEET UG Cut Off 2023
|Category||Qualifying criteria||NEET Cutoff 2022||NEET Cutoff 2023|
|UR / EWS & PH||45th Percentile||116-105||136-121|
|OBC & PH||40th Percentile||104-93||120-107|
|SC & PH||40th Percentile||104-93||120-107|
|ST & PH||40th Percentile||104-93||120-108|
Chikkamagaluru Institute of Medical Sciences, Chikkamagaluru Cut-Off 2022 (State Quota)
|Rounds||Round 1||Round 2|
|Category||All India Rank||Marks||All India Rank||Marks|
Chikkamagaluru Institute of Medical Sciences, Chikkamagaluru Cut-Off 2022 (AIQ Quota)
|Rounds||First Round||Second Round||Mop-Up Round||Stray Vacancy-1||Stray Vacancy-1|
Chikkamagaluru Institute of Medical Sciences, Chikkamagaluru
- Address: Near Azad park circle, Chikkamagaluru-577101
- Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Admission Helpline Number : 9667542500
- Website: https://cimschikkamagaluru.karnataka.gov.in/
Ranking & Reputation
|Name of Institute||Chikkamagaluru Institute of Medical Sciences, Chikkamagaluru|
NEET College Predictors
We understand the significance of choosing the right medical college for your bright future. Our website offers a variety of college predictors to ensure that you make informed decisions during the NEET counseling process.
With our NEET Score Predictor, input your NEET score, and instantly receive a personalized list of colleges where you have a higher chance of getting admitted. Our state-wise and category-based predictors further refine your options based on your preferences, giving you accurate and tailored results. we have offered you the top-of-the-class college predictors here’s the list of the college predictor for you;
- MBBS College Predictors
- BDS College Predictors
NEET Rank Predictors
NEET Rank Predictors are innovative tools designed to assist medical aspirants in estimating their All India Rank (AIR) in the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET). As one of the most competitive medical entrance exams in India, NEET plays a pivotal role in determining admission to undergraduate medical courses. NEET Rank Predictors empower students with insights into their performance, helping them set realistic goals and make informed decisions during the college selection process. Here’s the best ranks we’ve provided you with;
- MBBS Rank Predictors
- BDS Rank Predictors
Expert Admission Consultants
NEET Counselling takes pride in offering a team of highly experienced and dedicated Expert Admission Consultants who are committed to helping aspiring medical students achieve their dreams. Our consultants possess in-depth knowledge of the medical admission process and stay up-to-date with the latest developments in the field. They are well-versed in the intricacies of NEET counselling, medical college admissions, and various state-specific admission procedures. Here’s how our Expert Admission Consultants can help you with various counselling process
- MBBS Admission Consultant
- BDS Admission Consultant
Frequently Asked Question
Q. What courses are offered at Chikkamagaluru Institute of Medical Sciences (CIMS)?
A. CIMS offers an undergraduate program in medicine (MBBS).
Q. Is Chikkamagaluru Institute of Medical Sciences (CIMS) affiliated with any university?
A. Yes, CIMS is affiliated with Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences (RGUHS).
Q. Is there an entrance exam to get admission into Chikkamagaluru Institute of Medical Sciences (CIMS)?
A. Yes, admission to the MBBS program at CIMS is based on the NEET (National Eligibility cum Entrance Test) conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA).
How many seats are available in the MBBS program at Chikkamagaluru Institute of Medical Sciences (CIMS)?
A. Chikkamagaluru Institute of Medical Sciences, Chikkamagaluru has an intake capacity of 150 students for the MBBS program.
Q. Does Chikkamagaluru Institute of Medical Sciences (CIMS) have a hostel facility?
A. Yes, CIMS has separate hostel facilities for boys and girls with all necessary amenities.
Q. Does Chikkamagaluru Institute of Medical Sciences (CIMS) have a hospital attached to it?
A. Yes, CIMS has a 400-bed hospital attached to it, providing clinical exposure to the students in various departments.
Q. What is the duration of the MBBS program at Chikkamagaluru Institute of Medical Sciences (CIMS)?
A. The duration of the MBBS program at CIMS is five and a half years, including a one-year internship.
Q. Does Chikkamagaluru Institute of Medical Sciences (CIMS) offer any postgraduate programs?
A. Yes, CIMS offers postgraduate programs in various specialties such as General Medicine, Pediatrics, Dermatology, Psychiatry, General Surgery, Orthopedics, Ophthalmology, ENT, Obstetrics and Gynecology, and Anesthesiology.
Q. Is Chikkamagaluru Institute of Medical Sciences (CIMS) recognized by the National Medical Commission?
A. Yes, Chikkamagaluru Institute of Medical Sciences, Chikkamagaluru is recognized by the National Medical Commission