All India Institute of Medical Sciences Guwahati is a premier medical institute located in Changsari, Assam. It was established in 2017 as a part of the Pradhan Mantri Swasthya Suraksha Yojana (PMSSY) and is one of the 14 AIIMS institutes in the country. The institute is spread over an area of 189 acres and is equipped with state-of-the-art infrastructure and facilities.
AIIMS Guwahati has a strong research culture and is dedicated to promoting and conducting research in the field of medicine. The institute has state-of-the-art research facilities and is staffed by experienced researchers and faculty members who are engaged in cutting-edge research.
- 1 Highlights
- 2 Affiliation, Recognition, and Aid Status
- 3 Facilities
- 4 Departments
- 5 Faculty and Staff
- 6 Courses Offered for UG Course
- 7 MBBS Course Syllabus
- 8 MBBS Internship
- 9 MBBS Course Fees Structure
- 10 Eligibility Criteria For UG Course
- 11 NEET UG Cut Off
- 12 All India Institute of Medical Sciences Guwahati Cut-Off 2022 (AIQ Quota)
- 13 Counselling Fee
- 14 Documents Required for UG Courses
- 15 Contact Details
- 16 Ranking & Reputation
- 17 NEET College Predictors
- 18 NEET Rank Predictors
- 19 Expert Admission Consultants
- 20 Frequently Asked Questions
- 20.1 Q: What is AIIMS Guwahati?
- 20.2 Q: How do I get admission to AIIMS Guwahati?
- 20.3 Q: What are the facilities available at AIIMS Guwahati?
- 20.4 Q: Is AIIMS Guwahati a government institution?
- 20.5 Q: What is the duration of courses at AIIMS Guwahati?
- 20.6 Q: Is there a placement cell at AIIMS Guwahati?
- 20.7 Q: Does AIIMS Guwahati have a hostel facility?
- 20.8 Q: Is AIIMS Guwahati recognized by the National Medical Commission?
|Name of Institute||All India Institute of Medical Sciences Guwahati|
|Popular Name||AIIM, Guwahati|
|Year of Establishment||2017|
|Affiliated to||Statutory Autonomous|
|Counselling Conducting Body||Directorate of Medical Education, Assam|
|Approved by||National Medical Commission, New Delhi|
|Hostel Facilities||Yes (Male and Female)|
|Entrance Exam for UG courses||NEET UG Exam|
|Category||Medical Colleges in Assam|
|Contact||Address: Silbharal, Changsari, Guwahati – 781101|
Email ID: email@example.com
Admission Helpline Number : 9667542500
Affiliation, Recognition, and Aid Status
- Affiliated with:Statutory Autonomous
- Approved by: National Medical Commission
- Aid Status: Government
AIIMS Guwahati has cutting-edge infrastructure and facilities to provide the best education and healthcare services to its students and patients. The following are some of the key facilities available at AIIMS Guwahati:
- Lecture Halls and Classrooms: The institute has modern and spacious lecture halls and classrooms equipped with the latest audiovisual aids.
- Laboratories: AIIMS Guwahati has advanced laboratories that are equipped with the latest medical equipment and technology to facilitate research and practical training.
- Library: The AIIMS Guwahati library is one of the country’s largest, with a large collection of books, journals, and research papers. The library is technologically advanced and offers online access to a wide range of medical resources.
- Hospital: The institute has a 750-bedded hospital that provides healthcare services to patients from the surrounding areas. The hospital is staffed by experienced doctors, nurses, and other healthcare professionals who are committed to providing the best possible care to patients.
- Hostels: AIIMS Guwahati has modern and comfortable hostels for both male and female students. The hostels are equipped with all the necessary facilities, including Wi-Fi, laundry, and recreational facilities.
- Sports Facilities: The institute’s sports facilities include a football pitch, basketball court, volleyball court and indoor games such as table tennis and chess.
- Cafeteria: AIIMS Guwahati has a spacious and modern cafeteria that provides a variety of healthy and delicious food options for students and staff.
- Gymnasium: The institute has a well-equipped gymnasium open to students and staff that offers a variety of fitness facilities and programmes..
AIIMS Guwahati has world-class infrastructure and facilities that provide a conducive learning environment and enable the institute to provide the best possible healthcare services to its patients. The institute’s facilities are modern and well-equipped, and the staff is committed to ensuring that students and patients have access to the best possible resources and services
- Community Medicine
- Dermatology and Venereology
- Forensic Medicine and Toxicology
- General Medicine
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
Faculty and Staff
AIIMS Guwahati has a highly qualified and experienced faculty and staff who are dedicated to providing students and patients with the best education and healthcare services possible. Among the faculty and staff are:
- Director: The institute is headed by a Director who is responsible for overall management and administration.
- Professors: AIIMS Guwahati has a team of highly qualified and experienced professors who lead the various departments and research facilities at the institute.
- Associate Professors: The institute also has a number of associate professors who work closely with the professors to provide students with education and training..
- Assistant Professors: The assistant professors at AIIMS Guwahati are responsible for teaching and research activities in their respective departments.
- Junior Residents: The junior residents are medical graduates who are undergoing postgraduate training in various medical specialties.
- Senior Residents: The senior residents are doctors who have completed their postgraduate training and are undergoing advanced training in their respective specialties.
- Nursing Staff: AIIMS Guwahati has a team of experienced nursing staff who provide care and support to patients in the hospital.
- Technicians: The institute also has a team of technicians who work in the various laboratories and research facilities at the institute.
AIIMS Guwahati also has a number of administrative and support staff who ensure the smooth functioning of the institute.
Courses Offered for UG Course
|MBBS||4 and ½ years + 1 Year Internship||50|
MBBS Course Syllabus
|Name||Pre Clinical||Para Clinical||Clinical|
|Semester||Semester 1 – 2||Semester 3 – 5||Semester 6 – 9|
|Subjects||Biochemistry||Community Medicine||Community medicine and allied subjects (Psychiatry, Dermatology)|
|Anatomy||Forensic Medicine||Obstetrics and Gynecology|
|—||Pathology||Surgery and allied subjects|
|Subjects||Compulsory time duration for Internship|
|Community Medicine||Two months|
|Medicine, including 15 days of Psychiatry||Two months|
|Surgery, including 15 days of Anaesthesia||Two months|
|Obstet./Gynae. including Family Welfare Planning||Two months|
|Orthopedics including PMR||One month|
|Elective posting||15 days|
MBBS Course Fees Structure
|Course||Fees (per annum)|
|MBBS||Will be Notified Soon|
NOTE: The above-shared fees can vary from the actual fees and are subject to change. To know the exact fee structure, candidates can connect with a counseling expert at the Admission Helpline No. 9667542500.
Eligibility Criteria For UG Course
|Qualify Exam||NEET conducted By NTA|
|Nationality||Applicants must be Indian citizens.NRI candidates with Indian passports are also eligible to apply. Under the NRI Category, overseas citizens of India (OCI) and Persons of Indian origin (PIO) are eligible to apply.|
|Age Limit||17 years old (as of December 31).|
|Qualification||The candidate must have passed from a recognized board/institute with a Class 12 credential or equivalent. In addition, the qualifying test should include biology, chemistry, English, and physics as core subjects.A minimum of 50% is required for the general category, 40% for SC/ST, and 45% for physically disabled candidates.|
NEET UG Cut Off
|Category||Qualifying criteria||NEET Cutoff 2022||NEET Cutoff 2023|
|UR / EWS & PH||45th Percentile||116-105||136-121|
|OBC & PH||40th Percentile||104-93||120-107|
|SC & PH||40th Percentile||104-93||120-107|
|ST & PH||40th Percentile||104-93||120-108|
All India Institute of Medical Sciences Guwahati Cut-Off 2022 (AIQ Quota)
|Category||First Round||Second Round||Mop-Up Round||Stray – 1|
MCC Counseling Registration
|1||Visit MCC Official Website||Go to the official MCC Counselling 2023|
|2||Find the Registration Link||Locate and click on the “Registration” or “New Registration” link on the homepage.|
|3||Read the Instructions||Carefully read and understand the provided instructions, guidelines, and eligibility criteria.|
|4||Fill in Personal Details||Enter accurate personal information: full name, date of birth, gender, contact number, email, etc.|
|5||NEET UG Details||Provide NEET UG exam details: roll number, application number, and exam year.|
|6||Generate Login Credentials||Create a unique username and strong password for future access to the counseling portal.|
|7||Payment of Registration Fee||Pay the prescribed fee using available online payment options. Follow provided payment instructions.|
|8||Verify and Submit||Review entered information, make corrections if needed, and submit the registration form.|
|9||Confirmation and Printout||Receive a confirmation message/email upon successful submission. Print or save as PDF for records.|
|10||Keep Registration Details Secure||Safely store registration number, login credentials, and payment receipt for future reference.|
|15% AIQ/Central Universities||Rs. 1,000||Rs. 500|
|Deemed University||Rs. 5,000||Rs. 5,000|
Security Fee (Refundable)
|15% AIQ/Central Universities||Rs. 1,0000||Rs. 5,000|
|Deemed University||Rs. 2,00,000||Rs. 2,00,000|
MCC Counselling Process
MCC will be the conducting the counselling process for admission to Medical, Dental Colleges and Nursing Colleges for the AIQ, Central Institues, University, AIMS, JIPMER , Deemed universities, AMU, BHU and etc. The Counselling will be held in Four Rounds Namely Round 1, Round 2, Round 3 and additional Round known as Stray vacancy round which will be the last round for the counselling and admission. Here’re are some details about each round given below:
- Register for Main Counseling: Visit www.mcc.nic.in and register for Round-1 by paying a Non-Refundable Registration fee and Refundable Security Deposit.
- Choice Filling and Locking: Choose your preferred institutes and courses during the specified days and lock your choices.
- Seat Allotment Round-1: Based on your choices and merit, seats will be allotted in Round-1.
- Result Publication: The Round-1 result will be published on the MCC website.
- Upload Essential Certificates: After the result is declared, upload the necessary certificates as per the guidelines.
- Physical Reporting: If allotted a seat, physically report to the allocated Medical/Dental College with original documents. Those who want to upgrade to Round-2 must report with their original documents.
- Candidates Not Allotted in Round-1: If you weren’t allotted a seat in Round-1, no need to register again. You will automatically be considered for Round-2.
- Fresh Registration for Round-2: New candidates or those who didn’t register in Round-1 must register for Round-2 by paying the fees.
- Choice Filling and Locking: Fill new choices and lock them during the specified period.
- Seat Allotment Round-2: Seats will be allotted based on your choices and merit.
- Result Publication: The Round-2 result will be published on the MCC website.
- Upload Essential Certificates: After the Round-2 result is declared, upload the necessary certificates as per the guidelines.
- Physical Reporting: If allotted a seat in Round-2, physically report to the allocated Medical/Dental College. Upgraded candidates must take relieving from Round-1 seat and join Round-2 seat.
- Candidates Not Allotted in Previous Rounds: If you were not allotted a seat in Round-1 or Round-2, no need to register again. You will be considered for Round-3.
- Fresh Registration for Round-3: New candidates or those who didn’t register in Round-1 or Round-2 must register for Round-3 by paying the fees.
- Choice Filling and Locking: Fill new choices and lock them during the specified period.
- Seat Allotment Round-3: Seats will be allotted based on your choices and merit.
- Result Publication: The Round-3 result will be published on the MCC website.
- Upload Essential Certificates: After the Round-3 result is declared, upload the necessary certificates as per the guidelines.
- Physical Reporting: If allotted a seat in Round-3, physically report to the allocated Medical/Dental College.
FINAL STRAY VACANCY ROUND:
- Fresh Registrations: Candidates must register for the Final Stray Vacancy Round.
- Elimination: Candidates with allotted seats in other rounds will be eliminated from the Stray Vacancy Round.
- Stray Vacancy Round: The AIQ Stray Vacancy Round for vacant seats will be conducted online by MCC of DGHS, MoHFW.
- Seat Allotment: Seats will be allotted based on merit in the Stray Vacancy Round.
- Joining Allotted Seat: If allotted a seat in the Stray Round, the candidate must join the allocated seat/college. Failure to join will result in debarment from NEET examination for 01 year and forfeiture of fees.
(Note: Candidates can participate in Round-2 or Round-3 directly without fresh registration if they are not allotted a seat in the previous round. Upgraded candidates cannot claim their previous round seat.)
Documents Required for UG Courses
- NEET-UG Admissions card and score card.
- Class X Mark Sheet
- Class XI Mark Sheet
- H.S.C. Mark sheet or any other equivalent exam.
- Transfer certificate
- Graduation Certificate (if required)
- Permanent Community Certificate Card.
- Income Certificate for the candidates claiming fee exemption.
- Special Category Form with an additional fee of Rs.100/- via Bank payment portal with relevant certificates for Persons with Benchmark Disabilities, Eminent Sports Person and Ex-Servicemen, as applicable, along with the online application form should be uploaded.
All India Institute of Medical Sciences, Guwahati
- Address: Silbharal, Changsari, Guwahati – 781101
- Website: https://aiimsguwahati.ac.in/
- Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Admission Helpline no : 9667542500
Ranking & Reputation
|Name of Institute||All India Institute of Medical Sciences, Guwahati|
NEET College Predictors
We understand the significance of choosing the right medical college for your bright future. Our website offers a variety of college predictors to ensure that you make informed decisions during the NEET counseling process.
With our NEET Score Predictor, input your NEET score, and instantly receive a personalized list of colleges where you have a higher chance of getting admitted. Our state-wise and category-based predictors further refine your options based on your preferences, giving you accurate and tailored results. we have offered you the top-of-the-class college predictors here’s the list of the college predictor for you;
- MBBS College Predictors
- BDS College Predictors
NEET Rank Predictors
NEET Rank Predictors are innovative tools designed to assist medical aspirants in estimating their All India Rank (AIR) in the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET). As one of the most competitive medical entrance exams in India, NEET plays a pivotal role in determining admission to undergraduate medical courses. NEET Rank Predictors empower students with insights into their performance, helping them set realistic goals and make informed decisions during the college selection process. Here’s the best ranks we’ve provided you with;
- MBBS Rank Predictors
- BDS Rank Predictors
Expert Admission Consultants
NEET Counselling takes pride in offering a team of highly experienced and dedicated Expert Admission Consultants who are committed to helping aspiring medical students achieve their dreams. Our consultants possess in-depth knowledge of the medical admission process and stay up-to-date with the latest developments in the field. They are well-versed in the intricacies of NEET counselling, medical college admissions, and various state-specific admission procedures. Here’s how our Expert Admission Consultants can help you with various counselling process
- MBBS Admission Consultant
- BDS Admission Consultant
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What is AIIMS Guwahati?
A: AIIMS Guwahati is a medical institute located in Guwahati, Assam, India. It is one of the six new AIIMS institutions established under the Pradhan Mantri Swasthya Suraksha Yojana (PMSSY) by the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India.
Q: How do I get admission to AIIMS Guwahati?
A: Admission to AIIMS Guwahati is through the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) for undergraduate and postgraduate courses. For doctoral programs, admission is through the institute’s entrance exam.
Q: What are the facilities available at AIIMS Guwahati?
A: AIIMS Guwahati has state-of-the-art facilities including a hospital with specialized departments, research facilities, lecture halls, laboratories, hostels for students and staff, sports facilities, and more
Q: Is AIIMS Guwahati a government institution?
A: Yes, AIIMS Guwahati is a government medical institute established under the Pradhan Mantri Swasthya Suraksha Yojana (PMSSY) by the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India.
Q: What is the duration of courses at AIIMS Guwahati?
A: The duration of courses at AIIMS Guwahati varies depending on the course and level of study. Undergraduate courses such as MBBS are typically 5.5 years.
Q: Is there a placement cell at AIIMS Guwahati?
A: AIIMS Guwahati does not have a placement cell as graduates are typically absorbed into government and private healthcare organizations or pursue higher studies and research.
Q: Does AIIMS Guwahati have a hostel facility?
A: Yes, AIIMS Guwahati has separate hostels for male and female students as well as separate hostels for faculty and staff. The hostels are equipped with modern amenities and provide a comfortable living environment for students and staff.
Q: Is AIIMS Guwahati recognized by the National Medical Commission?
A: Yes, AIIMS Guwahati is recognized by the National Medical Commission, which is the regulatory body for medical education in India.