MS Neurosurgery is a postgraduate course in the surgical field of medical sciences which takes 3 years to complete. The course aims to provide students with comprehensive knowledge of Neurology and Neurosurgery while also assisting them in gaining expertise in subjects such as Neuroanatomy, Neurophysiology, and Neuropathology. Neurosurgery is one of the highest-paid and most difficult branches of medicine. An MS Neurosurgery graduate’s average starting salary ranges between Rs. 3,00,000/- and Rs. 12,00,000/-. Students who want to study anatomy at the MS level must first earn their MBBS. They can then register for such a course.
Admission to various government and medical colleges for the MS program is based on the candidate’s performance on the NEET exam administered by the National Testing Agency. Through the AIQ quota, the Medical Counseling Committee (MCC) oversees and conducts postgraduate counseling for 50% of seats, and state counseling agencies handle counseling for the remaining 50% of seats.
- 1 MS Neurosurgery Highlights
- 2 Why should you pursue a career MS Neurosurgery?
- 3 MS Neurosurgery Syllabus
- 4 MS Neurosurgery Entrance Exams
- 5 MS Neurosurgery Fees Structure
- 6 MS Neurosurgery Courses Average Salary Range
- 7 MS Courses Eligibility
- 8 NEET PG Cut-Off
- 9 MS Neurosurgery Courses Scope & Career Opportunities
- 10 MS College Predictor
- 11 MS Admission Consultant
- 12 Frequently Asked question
- 12.1 Q. What is an MS Neurosurgery?
- 12.2 Q. What is the duration of the MS Neurosurgery?
- 12.3 Q. What is the expected salary range after completing an MS Neurosurgery?
- 12.4 Q. What are the average fees for an MS Neurosurgery?
- 12.5 Q. What are the various job profiles offered by the MS Neurosurgery?
- 12.6 Q. Can I go for MS without an MBBS?
MS Neurosurgery Highlights
|Name of Course||MS Neurosurgery|
|Admission||Admission to MS course can only be done on the basis of NEET PG Score|
|Governing Bodies||National Medical Commission|
|Entrance Exams||NEET PG Exam|
|Average Fees Range||Rs.1,00,000/- to Rs. 5,00,000/-|
|Average Salary Range||Rs. 3,00,000/- to Rs. 25,00,000/-|
|Job Profile||Neural engineers, Educational Psychologist, Biotechnologist, Animal neurologists, Biochemist, Community Mental Health Worker, etc.|
Why should you pursue a career MS Neurosurgery?
- Students who earn an MS Neurosurgery will be equipped to operate on the nervous system in a variety of circumstances. Additionally, individuals will learn a lot about a variety of topics, including neuroradiology as well as clinical endovascular neurological therapy.
- A highly rewarding specialty is the MS Neurosurgery, particularly if students want to focus on cerebrovascular neurosurgery. Individuals will be able to advance your research career in a field that is becoming more and more significant and relevant with the M.S. in Neurosurgery.
- Neurosurgery is a difficult and highly sought-after medical and surgical specialty that necessitates extensive training. The opportunity to perform some of the most difficult surgical procedures frequently draws some of the brightest medical students to pursue an MS Neurosurgery, which is regarded as the highest medical degree in this discipline.
- Medical specialists who can operate on the nervous system, spine, and brain damage issues are associated with MS Neurosurgery. Students receive comprehensive practical training and knowledge of the industry.
MS Neurosurgery Syllabus
|Academic years||Semester-vise subjects|
|MS First Year||Semester 1|
|BasicsNeuroanatomyNeuropharmacologyGeneral Critical CareNeurosurgery|
|Neurosurgical ClinicalPractice Management, Legal and Socioeconomic IssuesNeurotrauma and Neurosurgical Critical CareSurgery of the Peripheral Nervous SystemSpinal Surgery|
|MS Second Year||Semester 3|
|NeurophysiologyNeuropathologyGeneral ClinicalNeuroradiologyFluid, Electrolytes and Nutrition|
|InfectionCerebrovascular SurgeryPain ManagementPediatric NeurosurgeryStereotactic and Functional Neurosurgery|
MS Neurosurgery Entrance Exams
|MS Neurosurgery||NEET PG Exam|
MS Neurosurgery Fees Structure
|Course Name||Fees Range|
|MS Neurosurgery||Rs.1,00,000/- to Rs. 5,00,000/-|
Above is an approximate range of MS course fees, which may differ from college to college and fees have been bifurcated based on MS course fees in private colleges and MS course fees in government colleges.
MS Neurosurgery Courses Average Salary Range
|Course Name||Fees Range|
|Neurosurgeon||Rs. 4,00,000/- to Rs. 26,00,000/-|
|Biochemist||Rs. 3,00,000/- to Rs. 36,00,00/-|
|Neurobiologist||Rs. 3,00,000/- to Rs. 27,00,000/-|
|Biotechnologist||Rs. 3,80,000/- to Rs. 27,00,000/-|
Graduating from the MS courses can open many doors to career opportunities with the best pay grade. The above table shows the salary range for graduates pursuing careers in the Medical field.
MS Courses Eligibility
Aspirants must meet the eligibility criteria established by the authority in order to pursue MS. The eligibility criteria include a combination of educational qualifications, registration, and an internship requirement, among other things.
|Nationality||Candidates must be Indian citizens. Overseas Citizens of India (OCI) and Persons of Indian Origin (PIOs) are also eligible to take the entrance test|
|Qualification||Candidates must have completed MBBS or equivalent undergraduate medical courses.|
|Internship||Candidate must complete a 1-year internship|
NEET PG Cut-Off
|Categories||Cut off percentile||Cutoff marks|
MS Neurosurgery Courses Scope & Career Opportunities
- Graduates with an MS Neurosurgery will be prepared to operate on the nervous system under various conditions. Additionally, people will pick up a lot of knowledge about a wide range of subjects, such as neuroradiology and clinical endovascular neurological therapy.
- The MS Neurosurgery is a very rewarding specialty, especially if students want to concentrate on cerebrovascular neurosurgery. With an MS Neurosurgery, you can advance your research career in a field that is steadily growing in importance and relevance.
- One of the most lucrative and challenging specialties in the medical sciences is MS Neurosurgery. The MS Neurosurgery specialization that the student chooses will determine whether or not they can find relevant employment or appropriate courses for further education.
- MS Neurosurgery program graduates can also find work in the government. The average wage may change depending on the position held and level of experience. MS Neurosurgery graduates typically earn between Rs. 7,00,000/- to Rs. 20,00,000/-
- Anatomy provides a solid, organized foundation for instructing students in a health-related field of study. A career in physiology could lead to a career in a variety of healthcare fields, including optometry, chiropractic, and medicine, among others. Physiology and anatomy
MS College Predictor
The MS College Predictor predict a candidate’s chances of acceptance into the medical colleges of their choice. The MS College Predictor implements a unique algorithm to identify and predict the most suitable colleges for students where they can pursue their medical studies by combining the opening and closing ranks from the previous year’s NEET counseling statistics. Feel free to use our college predictor to choose a suitable college.
MS Admission Consultant
MS Admission Consultants assist and guide students in gaining admission to their preferred medical colleges. With a desire to assist individuals who are having difficulty taking admission or understanding the admission procedure in the medical stream because of an absence of knowledge or improper guidance, we have gathered the leading medical experts with decades of experience in the field to guide each individual to admission in their preferred college. Our top admission consultants are committed to serving each individual with the utmost integrity around the clock. Feel free to contact our admission consultant for any admission-related queries.
Frequently Asked question
Q. What is an MS Neurosurgery?
A. MS Neurosurgery is a postgraduate course in the surgical field of medical sciences that takes 3 years to complete. The course aims to provide students with comprehensive knowledge of Neurology and Neurosurgery while also assisting them in gaining expertise in subjects such as Neuroanatomy, Neurophysiology, and Neuropathology
Q. What is the duration of the MS Neurosurgery?
A. The duration of an MS Neurosurgery is 2 years.
Q. What is the expected salary range after completing an MS Neurosurgery?
A. The Excepted salary range after completing MS Neurosurgery is Between Rs. 3,00,000/- to Rs. 25,00,000/-
Q. What are the average fees for an MS Neurosurgery?
A. The average fee range for MS Neurosurgery is between Rs.1,00,000/- to Rs. 9,00,000/-
Q. What are the various job profiles offered by the MS Neurosurgery?
A. Various jobs offered by the MS Neurosurgery include Neural Engineer, Educational Psychologist, Biotechnologist, Animal neurologists, Biochemist, Community Mental Health Worker, etc.
Q. Can I go for MS without an MBBS?
A. No, in order to be enrolled in an MS course, one must have passed MBBS, which is an undergraduate medical course.