Government Medical College Chandrapur (M.S.) was founded in 2015. This is Gondwana University’s only medical college that is affiliated with Maharashtra University of Health Science Nashik. The Maharashtra government fully funds this college. The college is overseen by the Director of Medical Education and Research in Mumbai (DMER).
In 2015, the medical course MBBS was launched in the college with a total enrolment of 100 students. With an increase in intake to 150 students in 2019-20, the institute will have 500 students pursuing medical studies by 2020. Admissions are made via CET / NEET (85% from state CET and 15% from central NEET).
The land area of the college is 26,364.40 square metres. Ground floor area of the college building is 3445.22 square metres. 79.55 square metres is the size of the college council hall. 1009.84 square metres is the size of the exam hall.
This city is located at the confluence of the rivers Erai and Zarpat on major state highways MH MSH 6, MH MSH 9, and state highways MH SH 233, MH SH 243, and MH SH 264.
Let us take a summarize facts about Government Medical College Chandrapur
|Name of Institute||Government Medical College & Hospital, Chandrapur|
|Popular Name||Government Medical College Chandrapur, GMC Chandrapur|
|Year of Establishment||2015|
|Affiliated to||Maharashtra University of Health Sciences, Nashik|
|Approved by||National Medical Commission (NMC)|
|Hostel Facilities||Yes (Male and Female)|
|Entrance Exam||NEET UG Exam|
|Category||Medical Colleges in Maharashtra|
|Contact||Address: Govt. Medical College T B Hospital Campus, Ramnagar, Chandrapur(M.H)|
Admission Helpline Number : 9667542500
Affiliation and Recognition
Affiliated with: Maharashtra University of Health Sciences, Nashik
Approved by: National Medical Commission (NMC).
Aid Status: Govt.
Government Medical College Chandrapur offers Medical course as:
|Course Name||Total Seats||Duration|
|MBBS||150||5.5 [4.5+1 Year Internship]|
|Total Seats||AIQ 15%||GOI||Category||State Quota||Other Reservation|
a) Age: The candidate must be 17 years old on or before December 31st of the year of admission.
b) Qualifying exam: 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and English individually with a minimum of General Category – 50% (Physically Handicapped, PH – 45%) and for OBC/SC/ST – 45% (PH – 40%).
c) Entrance Test: Admission are made through CET / NEET (85% from state CET and 15% from All India PMT).
The state of Maharashtra has the most seats in India, and the students also take the most exams each year. Because there are more government medical colleges, the state quota cutoff is much lower.
Candidates for admission must fulfill all of the eligibility requirements outlined in the admission rules.
To begin, students must submit their NEET scores.
Students must attend an open counseling session after submitting their NEET scorecard. The NEET score and counseling scores are used to determine who is accepted into college after the counseling process. If chosen, the necessary documents are submitted to UG Admission, Admin Building.
Admission goes by two criteria:
Maharashtra State Quota – Maharashtra Government after MHT-CET examination &
All India Quota – Government of India after AIPMT examination
- Candidates must apply for and take the NEET UG entrance exam, which is administered by the National Testing Agency (NTA).
- In addition, aspirants must attend the MBBS Counseling process.
- Participation in the counseling process and payment of fees will determine final admission.
Note :- Disqualification From Admission
The candidate who was allotted a seat in any course at MUHS Nashik in the previous year(s) and vacates / abandons it after availing the said seat has completed such a period of course that the said seat has lapsed.
Bond: These bonds will be filled at the time of admission.
1) After completing their internship, all candidates must serve for one year in the Maharashtra government, or pay a penalty of Rs. 10,00,000/- (Rs. Ten lacs only) if they obtained admission through the All India quota.
2) They will not stay in India for 5 years after receiving their degree, or they will have to pay a penalty of Rs. 10,00,000/- (Rs. Ten lacs only).
Note: Any candidate responsible for the lapse of an MBBS seat will be fined Rs.10,000/- (Rupees Ten Lakh only) for non-refunding. This penalty applies to all candidates who do not join after receiving a seat allotment during the final round of admission or who cancel the allotted seat after the final round of admission. This penalty also applies to any candidate who resigns from their seat after the MBBS course cut-off date, even if the candidate fails to complete any course regardless of admission quota.
Given here is the fee structure of MBBS course at Government Medical College Chandrapur
|Particulars of fees||For All Students|
|TUTION FEES- ANNUAL DD-1||103900|
|ADMISSION FEE (Non-refundable)||1500|
|LIBRARY FEE – ANNUAL||1000|
|GYMKHANA FEE- ANNUAL||500|
|DEVELOPMENT FEE ANNUAL||5000|
|COLLEGE CAUTION MONEY – DEPOSIT||5000|
|OTHER FEES DD-2||21000|
Last Year’s Opening and Closing Rank
|Course||Category||Opening All India rank||Closing All India rank|
NEET Counseling process
After the NEET 2023 result is announced, the state common entrance test cell Maharashtra, Mumbai, will issue a prospectus and schedule for admission to the state quota of MBBS, BDS, and AYUSH courses. Its website address is http://cetcell.mahacet.org/, where candidate can fill out the online application form and upload the respective documents.
This state has the majority of the top medical colleges. Candidates from all states are given preference for admission to the top medical colleges in their respective states through the All India Quota system.
The application fee for the state quota is Rs. 1000/-, and the fee for the institutional quota is Rs. 5,000/-, both of which are non-refundable. If you want to participate in both the state and institutional quotas, you must pay an application fee of Rs. 6000/-. This Rs. 5,000/- can also be deposited during the institutional round. Candidates who wish to participate in the institutional round must pay an application form fee of Rs. 5000/-; however, fresh registration is not permitted during the institutional round. The application fee for the institutional round of registered candidates is Rs. 5000/-.The merit list will be created based on the registered candidate’s NEET 2022 score. The State common entrance test cell Maharashtra, Mumbai provided counseling for all rounds (up to Mop Up round 6) in 2021 by allotting seats online. In Maharashtra state counseling, all rounds (up to institutional/stay vacancy round) have a one-time registration and choice filling. Registration for MBBS/BDS and AYUSH occurs concurrently, but counseling dates differ, and admission is based on merit in the NEET 2022 score.
1) Registration or choice filling begins with the first round.
2) If a candidate is assigned a seat in any round and does not accept it or resigns from it after accepting it, it will be assumed that the candidate is uninterested in the admissions process. If it is maintained, the candidate will not be given a seat in the subsequent rounds.
3) Candidates may upgrade their previous round seat to the next round.
First Stage Counseling :-
This counseling is done online, and seat allotment is done on the vacant seats of all government/private colleges of state quota according to the provisional merit list by computer. If participants get seat allotment, they must go to the allotted college to have all their documents verified. Formalities must be completed.
In the second round, candidate seat will be upgraded based on the higher option they selected during choice filling. If they are satisfied with this allotment and do not want to upgrade this seat further, they must fill out a status retention form in the college at the time of admission; otherwise, he/she will not be considered for upgrade in subsequent rounds. If they do not receive a seat allotment in the first round, he/she will have to wait until the second round.
Second Stage Counseling :-
Following the first round of counseling, the second round of MCC is held to fill the vacant seats and the seats transferred to the state. This counseling is also available online. In this case, the first-round seat can also be upgraded. If he/she joined the seat in the second round of MCC, they will be unable to participate in the second round. If they do not receive a seat allotment in this round, they will have to wait until the Mop Up round.
Counseling for Mop Up round 1,2 :-
This counseling is done after the second round to fill the vacant seats. This counseling is available online. Mop up round 2 is held for all vacant seats in government and private colleges from Mop up round 1. This is the final round for private medical colleges. Following this round, all vacant Private MBBS seats are transferred to the concerned college, and these seats are filled by the college through the Institutional round. Following this round, these seats are filled by the counseling authority conducting Mop up round 3,4, 5,6,7……… to fill the vacant seats of MBBS in government colleges.
Eligible candidates for Mop up round counseling:-
1) All candidates who participated in the first and second rounds but did not complete the status retention form are eligible for an upgrade in this round.
2) All candidates who did not receive a seat in the first or second round and are still waiting are eligible.
Not eligible candidates for mop up round counseling:-
1) Candidates who did not join or resigned after receiving a seat allotment in the first and second rounds are ineligible.
2) Candidates who participated in the first and second rounds and completed the status retention form are ineligible.
These documents must be sent/submitted in person to the college office, and the originals must be brought to the college along with the prescribed tuition fees for final approval for admission process.
1) Online downloaded Application form of State NEET-UG 2022.
2) Copy of downloaded NEET-UG 2022 Admit Card.
3) Any Photo ID proof (Aadhar Card/Driving License, PAN Card, Pass port)
4) Copy of downloaded NEET-UG 2022 result/Marksheet.
5) Nationality Certificate issued by District Magistrate/Addl. District Magistrate or Metropolitan Magistrate (Competent Authority for issuing such certificate)/valid Indian Passport or School Leaving Certificate of HSC/12th Std indicating the candidate’s nationality as ‘Indian’
6) Domicile Certificate issued by a District Magistrate/Metropolitan Magistrate/Addl. District Magistrate or Competent Authority.
7) SSC i.e. 10th Standard or equivalent examination certificate, school leaving certificate or Birth certificate indicating name of the candidate (for DOB).
8) HSC i.e. 12th Standard or equivalent examination Statement of Marks
9) Medical fitness certificate (Annexure-H)
10) Online Application Form as filled on www.mahacet.org
11) Aadhar Card
12) Orphan Certificate from appropriate authority. If applicable
13) Religions Minority certificate / reservation claim certificate (if applicable)
14) Caste Certificate.
15) Caste Validity Certificate.
16) Non Creamy layer Certificate valid upto 31/03/2020
(For VJ, NT1, NT2, NT3, SEBC & OBC including SBC)
17) D1/D2/D3 : Ex-servicemen Certificate /actual service certificate
18) D1/D2 : Domicile of Maharashtra Certificate of Defence person.
19) D3 : Transfer certificate
20) Eligibility Certificate for EWS category issued by Competent Authority.
21) MKB : Disputed area certificate, Mother tongue certificate, SSC/HSC from MKB area.
22) HA : Parent Domicile certificate, SSC/HSC of candidate from hilly area
22) Person with disability (PWD) Candidates – Medical Fitness Certificate of Authorized Medical Board.
23) 4 passport size photographs.
- Counsel hall
- Exam hall
- Recreation facilities
- Internet facility
- CD Player
- Indoor games
- Blood bank
- Emergency services
Hospital of Government Medical College Chandrapur
The college was founded on the grounds of the District T.B Hospital (100 beds). The District Civil Hospital (100 beds) and the District T.B Hospital, both run by the Maharashtra Public Health Department, were merged.
There has a 650 hospital beds with 30 beds for emergency.
A new GMCC campus is being built off the Chandrapur Bypass road on 50 acres of land at a cost of Rs 600 crores. TATA Cancer Care Foundation and the Government of Maharashtra will also establish a cancer hospital on the campus.
As a medical college and hospital, students graduates can freely enrol as medical officers in this hospital and work here. Some choose to be non-academic Junior residents and are compensated accordingly. Postgraduate seats are still being added.
The successful candidates will begin their careers as junior residents (non-academics) at the Government Medical College and Hospital in Chandrapur Because it is a medical college, all placements are guaranteed in any district PHC or hospital.
Ranking & Reputation
|Name of Institute||GMC Chandrapur|
Govt. Medical College T B Hospital Campus, Ramnagar, Chandrapur(M.H)
Admission Helpline Number : 9667542500
Official Website: http://www.gmcchandrapur.org/
What is the official website for Government Medical College Chandrapur?
The official website of Government Medical College Chandrapur is http://www.gmcchandrapur.org/
How many seats are there for Medical aspirants at Government Medical College Chandrapur?
There are 150 seats available for MBBS students at Government Medical College Chandrapur.
What are the admission requirements for medical programmes in Government Medical College Chandrapur?
Students must perform well on the NEET exam in order to be admitted to the Government Medical College Chandrapur
Is Government Medical College Chandrapur a govt. or private medical college?
Government Medical College Chandrapur is a government medical college.
What is the location of Government Medical College Chandrapur?
The address of Government Medical College Chandrapur is T B Hospital Campus, Ramnagar, Chandrapur(M.H).
When was Government Medical College Chandrapur launched?
Government Medical College Chandrapur was launched in the year of
Which university is affiliated with Government Medical College Chandrapur?
Government Medical College Chandrapur is affiliated with MUHS.
What is the land area size of this college?
GMC Chandrapur land area is around 26,364.40 square metres.